• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Ji66a-Man

Today's balance changes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 21, 2012

Sentry Turret Power
- Base damage increased from 40 to 75 per shot (fires a 3 round burst)
- Evolution 2 shock radius increased from 2.5 to 5 meters
- Evolution 2 shock force increased from 450 to 1000
- Evolution 2 shock cooldown decreased from 5 to 2 seconds
- Evolution 3 chance to freeze increased by 200%
- Evolution 5 rocket cooldown decreased from 4 to 3 seconds
- Evolution 5 rocket impact radius increased from 2 to 2.5 meters
- Evolution 5 rocket minimum range reduced from 10 to 5 meters
- Evolution 6 flame thrower base damage increased from 55 to 65 per second

Combat Drone Power
- Evolution 2 explosion damage increased from 120 to 400
- Evolution 2 explosion force increased from 400 to 800
- Evolution 3 shock cooldown decreased from 5 to 3 seconds
- Evolution 3 shock force increased from 450 to 1000
- Evolution 3 shock radius increased from 2.5 to 5 meters
- Evolution 5 rocket damage increased from 250 to 300
- Evolution 5 rocket radius increased from 2 to 2.5 meters

Arc Pistol
- Damage increased from [70.2-87.7] to [77.2-96.5]

Viper Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [229.4-286.7] to [265.6-332.0]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.25-0.7]

rozay

Banned
Today's balance changes

June 21, 2012

Sentry Turret Power
- Base damage increased from 40 to 75 per shot (fires a 3 round burst)
- Evolution 2 shock radius increased from 2.5 to 5 meters
- Evolution 2 shock force increased from 450 to 1000
- Evolution 2 shock cooldown decreased from 5 to 2 seconds
- Evolution 3 chance to freeze increased by 200%
- Evolution 5 rocket impact radius increased from 2 to 2.5 meters
- Evolution 5 rocket minimum range reduced from 10 to 5 meters
- Evolution 6 flame thrower base damage increased from 55 to 65 per second

Combat Drone Power
- Evolution 2 explosion damage increased from 120 to 400
- Evolution 2 explosion force increased from 400 to 800
- Evolution 3 shock cooldown decreased from 5 to 3 seconds
- Evolution 3 shock force increased from 450 to 1000
- Evolution 3 shock radius increased from 2.5 to 5 meters
- Evolution 5 rocket damage increased from 250 to 300
- Evolution 5 rocket radius increased from 2 to 2.5 meters

Arc Pistol
- Damage increased from [70.2-87.7] to [77.2-96.5]

Viper Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [229.4-286.7] to [265.6-332.0]
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.25-0.7]
Doesn't seem like they understand why the turret sucks so much, rockets are still useless on it and the drone, and I don't think it's possible to buff the viper to the point where I will ever see someone use it.

The Viper is only useful on bronze and silver matches since it holds the most clip ammo and pairing up with a Salarian Infiltrator with cloak does good damage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Isn't the Viper one of the lightest sniper? Even more now with the change. It's probably a good choice for non-infiltrators who dont want to sacrifice too much power cooldown but still have something to snipe.

Dreamer RD

I used Viper back in March on Gold vs Cerberus and it's pretty good rifle. All games were finished with 1 place (Sal Inf). With that buff + Geth Inf or Quarian dude Inf it's even more useful I think. But too hard to compete with Valiant and Krysae.

Weird. The last three PSPs I purchased all had the same rares - the Krysae and the Reegar. Both of which are now up to level VII.

Also, GPS X >>> Claymore X.

Melchiah

What is a good Turian Sentinel build?

I've set Tech Armor on max, emphasis on shielding. Overload on max, emphasis on damage (the last six points for Chain Overload). Three for Warp. Five for Turian Passive, emphasis on power damage. Max Fitness, emphasis on shields and health. On my older build, I maxed out Turian Passive, and left out Warp.

Turian Sentinel is what I prefer using on Silver and Gold. Rarily play the latter though. IIRC, it's the only character, which gets 200% cooldown with two weapons (assault rifle & pistol).

Here's some other builds:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9473265/1

After getting all the way through Nightmare D3, I just couldn't beat Diablo. So, I loaded this up again and I'm back in. There's something much more enjoyable in this multiplayer than what I got out of D3.

Bisnic

After getting all the way through Nightmare D3, I just couldn't beat Diablo. So, I loaded this up again and I'm back in. There's something much more enjoyable in this multiplayer than what I got out of D3.

I'm a bit the same... its kinda weird how im more addicted to ME3 multiplayer than a new Blizzard game. o_O And here i thought adding a multiplayer mode was a stupid idea when it was first announced.

Gui_PT

I'm a bit the same... its kinda weird how im more addicted to ME3 multiplayer than a new Blizzard game. o_O And here i thought adding a multiplayer mode was a stupid idea when it was first announced.

Just the idea of the multiplayer in this game sounds so repetitive, but it's so much fun

Bisnic

Just the idea of the multiplayer in this game sounds so repetitive, but it's so much fun

Yeah i'm not quite sure what makes it fun and addicting like that.
A) The random packs?
B) The gameplay?
C) The huge choices of races/class combinations and weapons?
D) Teaming up with 3 people and cooperating to survive?
E) All of the above?

Cat Party

I guess I'll have to fire up my SP spamhard again. After learning about the spamhard in this very thread, I respec'd for it in SP and had so much fun. That battle royale with all the brutes and banshees was nothing.

Stantron

I always chuckle when wave 1 starts and some players immediately run to the ammo box without firing a shot. Second nature I guess.

Mindlog

This Operation is terribly timed. Some of the people wanting to raise their EMS rating this weekend are going to get kicked for not using Savage characters.

Bisnic

This Operation is terribly timed. Some of the people wanting to raise their EMS rating this weekend are going to get kicked for not using Savage characters.

Havent thought about it... yeah, its not gonna help to convince those multiplayer haters that the mode is actually worth it outside of that rating.

Nori Chan

i want characters not weapons dammit

c8ddbd16.jpg

rozay

Banned
i want characters not weapons dammit
nice! the harrier is good with a barrel and piercing, just make sure your path of destruction has ammo boxes along the way.

edit: just played a silver match and someone used a missile on a single guardian with no other enemies nearby

64Lxm.gif

Bisnic

Speaking of the Harrier, the guy i saw the other day with a N7 rating of 5000 was using a male Quarian Infiltrator with that weapon at rank X in a gold match. I thought he was some big noob by using an assault rifle as an Infiltrator, but he was destroying Cerberus so easily with that gun he finished the game with like 110k points or something, is it really that powerful?

Dreamer RD

edit: just played a silver match and someone used a missile on a single guardian with no other enemies nearby

http://i.imgur.com/64Lxm.gif

These assholes are so cheap that they can be more dangerous than bosses. They remind me shielded Wetlands Majinis from RE5. It's good when you have armor piercing weapon/mod/ammo. But I saw a lot of poor noobs without ap bonuses and they were shooting Guardians non stop with almost no effect.

Missile in the face is a bit over the top though, haha.

Stantron

Speaking of the Harrier, the guy i saw the other day with a N7 rating of 5000 was using a male Quarian Infiltrator with that weapon at rank X in a gold match. I thought he was some big noob by using an assault rifle as an Infiltrator, but he was destroying Cerberus so easily with that gun he finished the game with like 110k points or something, is it really that powerful?

Yeah, man. That's a build I listed a couple pages back that's super effective. Although I only have Harrier I. Cloak only needs to be rank 4 with damage bonus. Cloak > unload clip > reload > repeat. By the time you finish reloading it's less than a second before powers are rechared. Most of the Harrier rounds take advantage of the damage bonus. Plus Tactical scan damage bonuses spec'ed for weapons helps a lot too.

Bisnic

These assholes are so cheap that they can be more dangerous than bosses. They remind me shielded Wetlands Majinis from RE5. It's good when you have armor piercing weapon/mod/ammo. But I saw a lot of poor noobs without ap bonuses and they were shooting Guardians non stop with almost no effect.

Guardian are a joke if you have someone with Pull or someone who can snipe them between the eyes. :p

rozay

Banned
Guardian are a joke if you have someone with Pull or someone who can snipe them between the eyes. :p
every class has a method of dealing with them one way or another. Even the GPS which can't penetrate shields or get headshots can oneshot a guardian if you charge a shot and aim it at their feet.

Also, if you zoom in the Krysae to just slightly above the guardians head, it negates the shield and destroys them in one shot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fired it up to play a match and raise the readiness score.

I'm glad they introduced some new objectives, but yeah, it's not enough to get me back in full time I think.

I can but I already feel so ronery. Being ronery in videogames is too much for me

Ran it earlier twice with a group of 2 krogan's (sentinel and solider) and 2 baterians (soldiers)
Enjoyed it got a wraith today, i really want a cerb harrier.

I know its far off but my biggest want for this game in a future dlc is...

Collector Enemy Class
Collectors Assault Rifle, Particle beam rifle, M55 Argus, AT-12 Raider, Chakram launcher and N7 Valkyrie.
Prothean Soldier, Prothean Adept. (Turians could use some love and a Yahg class would be INSANE but its never happening)
Collectors Base Map, Citadel Map, Omega Map

Mindlog

Baffled by 'R'NG nuance.

I've been hen-pecking packs while making my way to 5 million credits. For the longest time the only upgrade I've been given was a Talon V in a Spectre pack.

I bought a Spectre Pack just to keep trying and it came with a gold gear upgrade. Just to test things out I kept buying. In 8 Spectre packs I got 6 gold gear upgrades.

Top Bottom