• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Holy shit.

A friend of mine was just talking about how cool it would be if we had an MP character with Dark Channel.

Shadow Strike? My favorite power from ME2? YES.

And it makes sense that these are all swaps from other armors because all those other armors were used by N7-level soldiers anyways, namely Shepard.

Won't be surprised if everything here are ultra-rares, they all sound pretty strong.

Plus they actually did bring over the Particle Rifle finally!

I'm hyped to read about all this actually, I was grinding hard in Gears 3 lately, but I'm going to start stockpiling credits in anticipation for tomorrow now every day - last 10 PSP's netted me 3 brand new N7 weapons and other goodies in each so my luck's been good lately.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why do people sit in the lobbies for so long!!!!

Whyyyyy!!!!

You're not even chosing equipment! You're just there!

HHNNNGNGNNGGNNGGGGGGHHHHH

CPq0b.png

These fuckers have been there all day in Gold today.

Derrick01

Banned
Every rare weapon I get seems to suck horrendously. Got this sniper rifle that shoots missiles and it doesn't really do shit unless it's a direct hit. Problem is there's a delay since the missile doesn't travel like a bullet.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Every rare weapon I get seems to suck horrendously. Got this sniper rifle that shoots missiles and it doesn't really do shit unless it's a direct hit. Problem is there's a delay since the missile doesn't travel like a bullet.

The Krysae just saw the biggest nerf in months and its still arguably the best weapon in the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Gotta love how I finally got a power reset after I promoted my Adept back to 1 a half hour earlier. I knew that was going to happen :lol

The Krysae just saw the biggest nerf in months and its still arguably the best weapon in the game.

Granted it was my first game testing it out but it got me third place far behind the first two people. It usually took me a full 3 round clip to kill most of the normal enemies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Gotta love how I finally got a power reset after I promoted my Adept back to 1 a half hour earlier. I knew that was going to happen :lol

Granted it was my first game testing it out but it got me third place far behind the first two people. It usually took me a full 3 round clip to kill most of the normal enemies.

You gotta spec around it. It's pretty ridiculous if you do.

exYle

You hate it now, but then you start stun-locking Phantoms to death and all of a sudden it's the best gun in the game

Sai

RE: Krysae

This is post-nerf? Thing's ridiculous.

You hate it now, but then you start stun-locking Phantoms to death and all of a sudden it's the best gun in the game
THIS. Just played Gold/Cerberus/Reactor with a Turian Sentinel equipped with just the Krysae, and I pulled over 160k points with it.

I actually felt bad for the Phantoms.

[EDIT] - Just got it up to VIII. Unlocked the Indra earlier today too.

Gui_PT

Oh god my crappy laptop took a while to load that image so initially I thought your post was just "My pleasure" and then BAM :lol

I'm really glad they divided the classes evenly between males and females. I was getting sick of the sausage fest that was the past DLCs. I'm really excited for these classes and yeah Dark Channel and swords and whatnot, but I want that engineer the most. I LOVE playing support classes and being everyone's favorite teammate. Homing Grenades with an infinite supply thanks to a Supply Pylon? YES PLEASE!

Bisnic

I'm really glad they divided the classes evenly between males and females. I was getting sick of the sausage fest that was the past DLCs.

Past DLC were mostly aliens, and there was no way their multiplayer team would have bothered making unique vorchas, batarians, drells, turians, krogans(sure they got Eve from the campaign, but is that enough?) and geths(lol) female models. They could have gone the lazy route like salarians and use the same models with a female voice, but what's the point?

Dave_6

LOL I want these new characters yet I've manged to unlock only ONE of the new ones from the last pack :/

Ugh, guess I'm gonna have to make myself grind the hell out of GGW as much as I hate to.

Cat Party

Haven't played in about 2 weeks, but this news is making me start stocking credits again. Every new character sounds like it has something awesome about it. I hope they are OP'd as hell.

Sai

Krysae X~! Geth Infiltrator is a complete beast with it.

Reegar's the only Rare weapon I got left, it's currently at VII. Need one more unlock for the Krogan Battlemaster, Vorcha Soldier 'n Sentinel, Quarian Engineer 'n Infiltrator, and Cerberus Vanguard. Two more for the Cerberus Adept.

... Still got some Gear to max out though. I was getting so many at first too. :/

Stantron

I was messing around with the Batarian Soldier last night. I've got Blade Armor set to return melee damage to enemies, but when a phantom slashed me her life didn't go down at all. I remember this happening with Brutes as well. Kind of dumb that it wouldn't count; or maybe it's bugged. I also got executed by a phantom in the middle of my falcon punch. Goddamn that thing takes so long to come out, and it doesn't seem to always lock on to a close enemy. I'm only connecting with about half of my attempts anyway because teammates take the kill before the punch releases. It'd be nice if you could cancel the heavy melee with a roll, oh wait, he has no roll.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BioWare, if you're reading this, just make the damn multiplayer mode a F2P client already. More players, more money, longer support. Win/win.

EDIT: And please add a new enemy variety or two. We've got lots of maps, classes and weapons now. Time to spruce up the opposition.

BioWare, if you're reading this, just make the damn multiplayer mode a F2P client already. More players, more money, longer support. Win/win.

EDIT: And please add a new enemy variety or two. We've got lots of maps, classes and weapons now. Time to spruce up the opposition.

Collectors pls.

Mindlog

They are adding a new objective at least.
It's nice to hear that the new classes aren't ultra-rare. Honestly, I was prepared to drop a lot of Space Bucks to get them.

*Platinum sounds like it's going to be pretty tough. I like that.

Wave 10, Reapers, Silver, Firebase Reactor, hack objective. Team gets wiped with literally one second left on the upload timer, shit was tense. Used two rockets (and I only have like five) to help. Feels bad man.

Did unlock the Drell Vanguard, though. Any tips?

Derrick01

Banned

Omega mercenary squads (mix of the 3) with Aria as a wave 10 boss instead of a bunch of heavy enemies.

edit: This would obviously take place in that rumored Taking back Omega DLC so if they needed some loose story reason for fighting your war assets they could say you're taking Omega for yourselves instead of letting Aria and her groups have it.

Rio and Vancouver both look cool. I was hoping the Rio map would actually be inside a building, but it still looks good.

I'm guessing that's Annihilation Field the Fury is doing? It looks like a bigger, uglier Singularity.

rozay

Banned
I was messing around with the Batarian Soldier last night. I've got Blade Armor set to return melee damage to enemies, but when a phantom slashed me her life didn't go down at all. I remember this happening with Brutes as well. Kind of dumb that it wouldn't count; or maybe it's bugged. I also got executed by a phantom in the middle of my falcon punch. Goddamn that thing takes so long to come out, and it doesn't seem to always lock on to a close enemy. I'm only connecting with about half of my attempts anyway because teammates take the kill before the punch releases. It'd be nice if you could cancel the heavy melee with a roll, oh wait, he has no roll.
Use ballistic blades then go into a heavy melee on a phantom. as long as you don't wait too long to melee, you're safe because if she takes you into an execution animation, the blades will blow up and stagger her halfway through.

EekTheKat

Gotta love joining a public gold game only to have 3 - 12 year olds play sub level 20 soldiers and sentinels down the ground rules in the lobby like I joined their platoon or some shit. I usually play without a mic so their voices were coming through my surround speaker system too.

Then there's the guy who died immediately early in the round, and decides to provide play by play commentary that makes Joe Buck tolerable.

During that same round everyone died except 1 person using a mantis and an eagle fighting the last Banshee. He would take 1 shot, run for 20 seconds, take another shot, run for 20 seconds. 20 minutes later the last banshee was still standing and teleporting around while he's still shooting/running.

Derrick01

Banned
During that same round everyone died except 1 person using a mantis and an eagle fighting the last Banshee. He would take 1 shot, run for 20 seconds, take another shot, run for 20 seconds. 20 minutes later the last banshee was still standing and teleporting around while he's still shooting/running.

I ran into this person last night but it was on Silver. I wanted to find a mic so bad and say dude are you fucking serious you can let it get within 30 feet of you you know.

He didn't use any of his powers either he was just pumping away with his little assault rifle peashooter.

Derrick01

Banned
You know, this happens to me somewhat frequently on Gold and I always feel super guilty even though I somehow end up outscoring everybody else by the end

This is me though without the high score part at least for now, I haven't been able to finish a gold match yet. The one I got 20 seconds from finishing EA disconnected me.

But yeah on Gold I go down like a Husk.

Bisnic

This is me though without the high score part at least for now, I haven't been able to finish a gold match yet. The one I got 20 seconds from finishing EA disconnected me.

A Krogan Vanguard and a Justicar built around a defensive bubble and Reave for max protection can be pretty tough to kill even on Gold. I just did a Gold Geth game with my Krogan Vanguard specced as a tank build and they couldnt kill me at all with me spamming Biotic Charge. I think i must have over 2000 shield with proper items on top of that. Gotta max Fitness for extra health and shield though.

exYle

It usually happens to me because I really like using the the high-risk, high reward characters - in this case, a Vorcha soldier. By the later waves, the DPS my character does is invaluable which is how I end up being a strong contributor to the team. But during wave 1, when everything is kinda boring? I get duuuuumb.

Derrick01

Banned
A Krogan Vanguard and a Justicar built around a defensive bubble and Reave for max protection can be pretty tough to kill even on Gold. I just did a Gold Geth game with my Krogan Vanguard specced as a tank build and they couldnt kill me at all with me spamming Biotic Charge. I think i must have over 2000 shield with proper items on top of that. Gotta max Fitness for extra health and shield though.

I don't have a krogan of any kind yet :lol

As for my Asari I don't feel like I have the proper SMGs or Pistols yet since I want to keep it around 200% power. I only have 2 pistols, 1 at rank 1 and the other crappy default pistol at rank 3, and 5 SMGs but nothing amazing and nothing higher than rank 3. I'd have to try that assault rifle weight reduction skill since I have an avenger (think that's what it's called) rank 10.

Bisnic

As for my Asari I don't feel like I have the proper SMGs or Pistols yet since I want to keep it around 200% power. I only have 2 pistols, 1 at rank 1 and the other crappy default pistol at rank 3, and 5 SMGs but nothing amazing and nothing higher than rank 3. I'd have to try that assault rifle weight reduction skill since I have an avenger (think that's what it's called) rank 10.

You dont really need 200% with a Justicar, Pull and Biotic Sphere already have a very short cooldown, so even something like 160% will barely affect them, and Reave can still be spammed at a decent rate.
With luck, you might get a Hurricane with this weekend event, its the best SMG of the game.

Mindlog

Krogan Vanguard with the top Gear it is impossible to die vs Geth.

Got back most of the credits and I celebrated by buying a PSP (idiot.) Didn't get anything.
So naturally I bought a second PSP for no good reason I can think of. It had my first ever double ultra-rare. Scorpion V and Particle Rifle I.

:D

URs love me.

Cat Party

Asari Adept or Asari Adept Justicar?

With the Asari Adept you shouldn't really be shooting anyone anyway.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I just played some games.

Some guy was running around as an Asari and racked up 84k+ with their lift grenades essentially.
My Infiltrator was in the 30s and the other two in the 20s, crazy, I don't play a lot but I didn't know lift grenades could be, well, on bronze so over powered I guess, lol.

Top Bottom