• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Derrick01

Banned
EA servers continue to suck so bad. Just got disconnected from a game with 20 seconds left for the shuttle, losing everything. I tend to have lots of connection issues late at night too.

Gui_PT

So I started buying the cheaper packs so I could get every weapon and mod to max level faster and I got a missing character on a Veteran pack.

I spent millions of credits on PSP's and got nothing, yesterday out of the blue I get a Vorcha Soldier :lol

So I started buying the cheaper packs so I could get every weapon and mod to max level faster and I got a missing character on a Veteran pack.

I spent millions of credits on PSP's and got nothing, yesterday out of the blue I get a Vorcha Soldier :lol

Congratz i suppose. Hyped for the next DLC reveal at comic con.

Mindlog

The Harrier is a great weapon.

I don't like bigger maps anymore because it means I can't use my Harrier as much.

I'm replaying the singleplayer and dammit, I miss the Harrier too. Wish they were included in the SP.
I want to use the Reegar. It would probably be pretty effective.

ps This totally works. At least at human speed, with Adrenaline III mod you can sidestep almost every Geth weapon. I had done it before, but for some reason never put two and two together.

I tried it with my Phoenix Vanguard and a slightly different spec. I got similar results.
23m to clear Glacier/Geth/Gold because I had to revive teammates. I started solo, but forgot to set it to private. In their defense they dropped into Glacier - Geth mid-game and it was probably a shock to the system. They did very well all things considered.

For some reason Bioware matchmaking kept throwing new players into my game. At least 3 people dropped, but I still ended with a full game.

pps The Talon is also a great weapon. Cerberus knows their stuff.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wish i had a Harrier. I have all rare weapons maxed except the Reegar Carbine at VII, got all characters(half of them are maxed) and all my gold gear are at least at II or III and i still dont have the Harrier. :mad: I want to see how great it is dammit.

The Harrier is a great weapon.

I don't like bigger maps anymore because it means I can't use my Harrier as much.

pps The Talon is also a great weapon. Cerberus knows their stuff.

The Harrier is easily the most awesome weapon in multiplayer. Feels good when you shoot it, looks good, and is more powerful than the Hurricane as far as automatic weapons go (despite the short clip).

If you slap it on virtually any class (except biotics that need near 200% cooldown like AA, human sentinel, etc) and it turns into a viable well balanced class on gold. I prefer not to use it on Infiltrators though, maybe I should try that tonight.

Because of the small amount of spare clips it holds, I find it works amazing with any grenade class - you're going back to the ammo boxes very frequently anyways. I find the gun most powerful with Drell Adept, soldiers and male quarians.

Regarding the Talon, about a month ago I realized it's awesomeness. Great all around pistol that deals amazing damage up close.

Mindlog

It's amazing on an Infiltrator as well. Agreed that it pairs with any grenade class. Batarian Soldier is my second favorite Harrier user. If Arc Grenades get nerfed then I'm probably switching to mostly BS with some DA thrown in with biotic groups.

It's possibly just superstition and I should know better (keep track and do the math), but I really think it's possible to game the store a little. I bought a Spectre Pack because I needed some IV mods. It gave me an Indra V. Hoping to get lucky I bought 5 more PSPs. In a total of 6 packs I got 3 URs.
Indra V
nothing
Talon IX
Indra VI
nothing
nothing

Bisnic

Do you have better luck with ultra rares once you have unlocked most(all?) gold weapons and characters? Or am i just unlucky? I buy like one or two PSPs everyday, yet i probably get like 1 ultra rare a week. Oh, and i still havent seen any ammo power IV since they introduced it. I dont have the Javelin or Harrier, and every other ultra rares are either I, II or III.

Do you have better luck with ultra rares once you have unlocked most(all?) gold weapons and characters? Or am i just unlucky? I buy like one or two PSPs everyday, yet i probably get like 1 ultra rare a week. Oh, and i still havent seen any ammo power IV since they introduced it. I dont have the Javelin or Harrier, and every other ultra rares are either I, II or III.

1-2 PSPs sounds like either you're not on too often, or you're doing majority silver runs. Mindlog and I probably buy anywhere from 5-8 PSPs per day, which sounds like it is a week's worth for you. I once went 3 weeks without getting any UR drops, and that is averaging 30 PSPs per week. I also find the drop rate to be better on the weekends too, which I can't stand. Kids have time on the weekend, the adults have stuff to do and people to see.

Mindlog

Not really. I got a bunch of Ultra-Rares while leveling Rebellion DLC. The store seems to be really streaky.

I get a lot of credits from Gold and all the other people that play on my XBOX. This is the primary reason I haven't switched to PC. After getting a huge bank I'll buy an occasional pack. If the pack has an UR I'll buy a few more and the UR drop rate in those packs seems to increase dramatically.

Bisnic

1-2 PSPs sounds like either you're not on too often, or you're doing majority silver runs. Mindlog and I probably buy anywhere from 5-8 PSPs per day, which sounds like it is a week's worth for you. I once went 3 weeks without getting any UR drops, and that is averaging 30 PSPs per week. I also find the drop rate to be better on the weekends too, which I can't stand. Kids have time on the weekend, the adults have stuff to do and people to see.

I usually play 1 gold and 1 silver match, which is enough to buy a PSP and go play something else... than maybe another 1 gold and 1 silver before going to bed for a 2nd PSP.

Maybe i should just play gold matchs rather than always doing 1 gold/1 silver, but i like silver sometimes just to relax and not worry about dying.

But 8 PSPs? That's a little less than 800k credits a day. That's like 10-11 gold matchs. You sure like playing this game huh.

I usually play 1 gold and 1 silver match, which is enough to buy a PSP and go play something else... than maybe another 1 gold and 1 silver before going to bed for a 2nd PSP.

Maybe i should just play gold matchs rather than always doing 1 gold/1 silver, but i like silver sometimes just to relax and not worry about dying.

But 8 PSPs? That's a little less than 800k credits a day. That's like 10-11 gold matchs. You sure like playing this game huh.

I sure do haha. I also average 13 minutes with my group per playthrough (we wipe on wave 10) doing Random map vs cerberus or reaper. So, that's 4 matches per hour. I game it up for about 2 hours a night, sometimes longer if I'm on business travel - which is every damn week.

Bisnic

I sure do haha. I also average 13 minutes with my group per playthrough (we wipe on wave 10) doing Random map vs cerberus or reaper. So, that's 4 matches per hour. I game it up for about 2 hours a night, sometimes longer if I'm on business travel - which is every damn week.

Ah well, if your games last 13 minutes, its not as bad as my ~25-30 minutes gold runs with random people with no communications whatsoever. People rarely talk on PC(and im kinda glad for that, no immature insults to endure when shit goes bad). I would never do 10 gold runs like that, it would literally take me the whole evening.

Sai

I've been trying to play more Gold matches the past few days, but whenever I see somebody using a Striker or Falcon I back out, because that usually means they're going to be using the Missile Launcher glitch... And I've been encountering a lot of people using the Striker or Falcon. -_- In addition, it's almost always GGW.

A little discouraging, to say the least.

On the plus side, finally got a Carnifex X. Seemed like a far off dream not too long ago. lol

Mindlog

That's actually a lot more than me. Granted my credit supply is supplemented with other people playing on my machine. I average 20 minutes on pubs, but speed-farming is similarly close to 13.

I bought 5 PSPs and 2 Spectre Packs for 3 URs this week. I won't be buying more just in case the DLC hits next week. I'm aiming to make 1 million credits (~5 hours) before next Tuesday to add to my credit stash
which is currently at six million.

Don't want to ruin my luck, but I haven't run into a single person using the rocket glitch. I have run into a few extremely good players trying to use the Striker as a Krysae alternative.

That's actually a lot more than me. Granted my credit supply is supplemented with other people playing on my machine. I average 20 minutes on pubs, but speed-farming is similarly close to 13.

I bought 5 PSPs and 2 Spectre Packs for 3 URs this week. I won't be buying more just in case the DLC hits next week. I'm aiming to make 1 million credits (~5 hours) before next Tuesday to add to my credit stash
which is currently at six million.

Don't want to ruin my luck, but I haven't run into a single person using the rocket glitch. I have run into a few extremely good players trying to use the Striker as a Krysae alternative.

If you wanna play tonight, send me a message. GT is my user name.

Derrick01

Banned
Every time I get frustrated with this game I get around 60k credits to buy the spectre packs and get something special. Just unlocked the asari justicar so I have something new to toy with.

But last game was crazy. This Krogan vanguard was bullrushing and biotic charging through everything. He was taking full armored geth pyros down to 1 bar in one krogan charge/swipe (on silver) and when things got hairy on wave 10 he was surrounded by 2 pyros, a prime shooting from about 10 feet away and a couple of other minor geth around him and he was able to take shot/flame after shot/flame without dying. Meanwhile my shields get obliterated in a few bullets or 1 missile. We lost but I honestly thought this guy was hacking with how many hits he was taking. Or he paid/got lucky for some god tier armor powerup, which is kind of why I hate this F2P-like loot system.

Bisnic

Every time I get frustrated with this game I get around 60k credits to buy the spectre packs and get something special. Just unlocked the asari justicar so I have something new to toy with.

But last game was crazy. This Krogan vanguard was bullrushing and biotic charging through everything. He was taking full armored geth pyros down to 1 bar in one krogan charge/swipe (on silver) and when things got hairy on wave 10 he was surrounded by 2 pyros, a prime shooting from about 10 feet away and a couple of other minor geth around him and he was able to take shot/flame after shot/flame without dying. Meanwhile my shields get obliterated in a few bullets or 1 missile. We lost but I honestly thought this guy was hacking with how many hits he was taking. Or he paid/got lucky for some god tier armor powerup, which is kind of why I hate this F2P-like loot system.

Actually, a krogan vanguard can be near invincible against silver geths, weapons have almost nothing to do with it. You just have to spec in full health/shield/damage protection from barrier and get a light weapon for 200% power cooldown so that you can use Biotic Charge everytime you can, since it brings your shield back to 100% if spec right.

It has a cooldown of 4.31 secs at 200%, and a krogan vanguard have 1600 health and shield with max Fitness + 30% damage reduction from Barrier, so by the time my shield is low, i can get it back to 100% every 4.31 secs. The only thing that can kill him in Silver are mobs with insta-kills abilities. You dont even need special gear for that.

And anyway, this game has been out for a while, even for someone like me who never bought anything with their real money system, my unlocks look like this : http://social.bioware.com/3313888/&v=bw_games&game=masseffect3_pc&pid=335416941&display=multiplayer
You started late, so its normal that you're way behind everyone in gear.

rozay

Banned

you're gonna have some fun with that justicar though. here's 2 good builds
I usually go with the offensive bubble below, or you can try stardusk's build above. I believe that gives up to 80% damage reduction and 30% faster shield recharge to anyone is inside the bubble.

Bubble 6-Radius, Enemy Weakness (though the DR evolution works well too), Warp Effect
Reave 6-Radius, Damage Reduction, Damage&Duration (while the armor/barrier evolution seems useful, the extra damage and extra duration is close to the bonus on the other evolution and kills other enemies faster, plus gives even more DR)
Pull 3, because lifting one enemy then hitting him with reave causes all enemies surrounding to get reave'd too. You can go to 4 for area pull if you have trouble though.
(last 2 ranks are tweakable depending on how you like to play, just be aware of the bolded)
Justicar 5 -Duration & Capacity, Headshots (power damage evolution is bugged and does not work)
Fitness 6-Whatever points you have left in the bottom row, I go with all 6 ranks because the offensive bubble is fun to use in close-quarters combat

As far as weapons, pick whatever gives you as close to 200% cooldown as possible. You can get the assault rifle weight bonus for justicar rank 6 if you want to use a mattock at 200% or a revenant and harrier at roughly 170-180%, or you can use those 6 points towards something else and use a pistol (carnifex, paladin, talon) or an SMG. I usually roll with a hurricane because it does as much damage per bullet as a mattock and is full auto :)

Anyway, you'll want to reave everything in sight, use pull when you run into a group of enemies and want to hit all of them with a reave and explosion damage, and shoot shields. Reave stacks for however long your duration is, which is another reason to take the damage&duration evolution. You can set up the bubble at choke points and reave enemies that walk in, or reave an enemy, run up and throw a bubble on top of them for the first biotic explosion, then reave them again while they're in the bubble for the second one.

Just be aware that the damage reduction from Reave doesn't work when used on Geth.

You can try a defensive bubble build which makes her survive much better on gold or you can go offensive/warp bubble if you're comfortable with the low shields/health.

A good defensive build I use is StarDusk's: http://youtu.be/_p78AjwHygM

I personally go with 4 in Asari Justicar and an AoE Pull for that one.

I do just fine on gold with the former, even without any equipment aside from a shield booster II, and it's a shit ton of fun. reaving a pack, running in and dropping a bubble is so damn satisfying. Should mention that there's a bug that prevents you from dropping a bubble when you have an enemy targetted in your crosshairs, but you just need to move the mouse/stick and it works.

you can probably pull off krogan vanguard like survivability with the defensive build, but shooting and reaving gets old after a while :p

Bisnic

I didn't know it was possible to get 2 of the same items in the same pack...TWICE on top of that.

gdMnr.jpg

Well at least i got all my rare weapons to X now. Now the question is... save credits, or try to unlock more gear and character appearances? I probably wont be able to resist wasting them anyway, especially with so many Ultra rare ranks left.

Derrick01

Banned
The offensive build does sound intriguing but I've already fucked up my ranks since I'm level 12 already. How do you reset powers without restarting at level 1 again? I think Bisnic said something about getting a tool in the random packs that lets you do it? I'm pretty much screwed if that's the case.

Bisnic

The offensive build does sound intriguing but I've already fucked up my ranks since I'm level 12 already. How do you reset powers without restarting at level 1 again? I think Bisnic said something about getting a tool in the random packs that lets you do it? I'm pretty much screwed if that's the case.

Yes, there is a silver card that can allow you to reset your powers, if you do not want to wait until lvl 20 just to get back to lvl 1 again. You could just spam Veteran packs if you prefer.

Just be glad its not gold anymore. :p

Well at least i got all my rare weapons to X now. Now the question is... save credits, or try to unlock more gear and character appearances? I probably wont be able to resist wasting them anyway, especially with so many Ultra rare ranks left.

I used to not resist buying stuff until I spent like a million credits on PSPs only to get junk. I'd say at this point your money would probably be better off being saved for the inevitable DLC that's coming soon, but then I'm pretty content with my Ultra-Rares not being beyond V. Also it feels really good when DLC does come out to go on a shopping spree and get a ton of new things all at once.

Derrick01

Banned
Yes, there is a silver card that can allow you to reset your powers, if you do not want to wait until lvl 20 just to get back to lvl 1 again. You could just spam Veteran packs if you prefer.

Just be glad its not gold anymore. :p

I've spent close to 100k credits in the last 12 hours on those 20k packs and didn't get it (got a quarian infiltrator though!) so since my asari is almost 20 now I figure I'll just start over the old fashioned way.

Also it looks like the 360 is getting that Earth pack a week from today. The kotaku article didn't have any details listed but it said it's most likely the pack that was leaked on reddit a while ago. Here's what that leak said.

The fighting is fiercest when it's your home at stake! Mass Effect 3™: Earth adds mods, gear, and new maps for Rio, Vancouver, and London. It features 3 new weapons: Piranha assault shotgun, Acolyte pistol, and Typhoon light machine gun. Six new human N7 classes are also available: Destroyer, Paladin, Demolisher, Slayer, Shadow, and Fury!

The hell is a N7 class by the way?

Bisnic

I've spent close to 100k credits in the last 12 hours on those 20k packs and didn't get it (got a quarian infiltrator though!) so since my asari is almost 20 now I figure I'll just start over the old fashioned way.

Also it looks like the 360 is getting that Earth pack a week from today. The kotaku article didn't have any details listed but it said it's most likely the pack that was leaked on reddit a while ago. Here's what that leak said.

I hope Rio and Vancouver aren't as dark as London. Although i guess they'll use assets from the first campaign mission for the Vancouver map. Curious to see the Rio one.

6 classes is a lot, i wonder if they all have an unique skill. Hopefully they're as fun to use as the Ex-Cerberus Lash is on weak enemies.

You got male or female quarian infiltrator? The male one can be pretty good with their arc grenade and whatever that scan is called. Helps a lot for other players to see where that sneaky Phantom is hiding and to make stronger enemies a little weaker.

DreamMessiah

Neo Member

nicht schlecht!

I'm still waiting for the Protheans, though (one for each class, please!!)

DreamMessiah

Neo Member
Operation BROADSIDE puts our reinforcements to work by coordinating large-scale attacks against the Reapers on multiple fronts. The objectives vary from planet to planet and theater to theater, but the common goal is to develop a sustainable fighting method with a minimal loss of life.

Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.

Operation Broadside begins at 10am PST Friday July 13 and ends at 10am PST Sunday July 15.

Bisnic

Operation BROADSIDE puts our reinforcements to work by coordinating large-scale attacks against the Reapers on multiple fronts. The objectives vary from planet to planet and theater to theater, but the common goal is to develop a sustainable fighting method with a minimal loss of life.

Squad Goal: Extract at least one squad member against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Allied Goal: Extract 400,000 squads against Reapers on Gold difficulty
Special Circumstance: None

Squad Goal Success: All squad members awarded a Commendation Pack
Allied Goal Success: All players awarded a Victory Pack. Medi-gel cap increases from 5 units to 6.

Operation Broadside begins at 10am PST Friday July 13 and ends at 10am PST Sunday July 15.

Both goals with Reapers Gold? This is going to be fun. The Squad one is kinda lazy compared to the last one though. Why not something like "Extract all squad members against Reapers Gold on Thessia"? Now that's challenging!

Bisnic

They will probably add Protheans when they will eventually release the multiplayer DLC for Collectors as new enemies am i right?

Derrick01

Banned
Just means you get a new human character for each class.

Ah ok so like yesterday I got a justicar but it's just listed as another Adept class. I get it now. Hopefully they all have new abilities at least.

You got male or female quarian infiltrator? The male one can be pretty good with their arc grenade and whatever that scan is called. Helps a lot for other players to see where that sneaky Phantom is hiding and to make stronger enemies a little weaker.

That's...a good question actually, I didn't pay too much attention to which one I got. I'm leaning towards male and I'll verify in a few minutes since I'm about to get back on.

Looks like I'm going to start saving my credits. I didn't get crap anyways last night - just Berserker package twice. I bought 2 Spectre packs and 5 PSPs last night too. Sick of my luck.

Also, Female Quarian Engineer is pretty amazing. We fully extracted vs Reaper Gold in 16 minutes, the team was all FQEs. Gotta love Disruptor ammo + Incinerate for Tech bursts!

Derrick01

Banned
I should probably add that the article just said the 360 is getting it. There was no mention or indication of PC/PS3 getting it the same day too, though they could I guess. I don't know how this has worked in the past this will be my first new pack since I just jumped in recently.

Bisnic

I should probably add that the article just said the 360 is getting it. There was no mention or indication of PC/PS3 getting it the same day too, though they could I guess. I don't know how this has worked in the past this will be my first new pack since I just jumped in recently.

PC and PS3 always get DLC the same day as 360. There might be a few hours delay at worst, but that's about it.

Top Bottom