• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Xevren

A glitch is a glitch, and the missile launcher glitch is definitely game breaking, just because it isn't pvp is stupid. All modes are perfectly possible without glitching.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
still dont see an issue when its not pvp. you as a player dont lose anything if someone else does it really.

They're going to fix it eventually, but until then, dont stay with people abusing a game breaking glitch. Who cares if its not pvp? Its killing all the challenge and fun of the multiplayer, on top of risking a ban...losing all your hard work of the past months.

exYle

still dont see an issue when its not pvp. you as a player dont lose anything if someone else does it really.

There's a few things. It cheapens the loot system, and makes it unfair for those who earned their gear fairly. It removes the challenge and fun from the game.

Mindlog

Anyone on to speed farm Platunumright now? Message mindlog (xbox live.)

*21 minutes in the safe room of Glacier.

I'm ready to do aggressive speed-running as well.

I really like using the Acolyte in Bronze and Silver matches, especially in a map where you can sit on the high ground (like on Dagger/London) and snipe from afar. Once you get used to wall bouncing and the angles, you can take down pretty much anything without moving. I can see why though this gun is pretty much useless on Gold/Platinum :/

Also I just unlocked the Fury and she is my favorite new character so far, though I still haven't unlocked the Destroyer.

Sai

I have come to the conclusion that the Destroyer's Missle Launcher and Multi-Frag Grenades are both trash.

Devastator Mode's the only thing good about it.

Was that your friend request? I literally have a couple dozen in my box so I had to be sure :]
Yep, that was me.

Leveled the Slayer fully, played with the Devastator and Fury.

Devastator is lol
Fury isn't bad
Slayer is fun and really good, but Krogan BM is still king.

And there's the glorious Shadow. Completely unstoppable, and obviously built for Platinum.
Just a beast.

anyone else trying to get on? i'd like a real party for once. not just me, someone else, and two guys who get command grabbed by brutes

Played with a party last night where a Slayer kept using his gun, was depressing. However, between me and the Krogan BM, we had 1/2 of London covered.
Also played with a team of random Soldier Bros who couldn't figure out why I could kill clusters of peeps with ES. Then they started trying to melee things and Brutes spawned and you know the rest.

But everyone's on today!

Gui_PT

Couldn't get a platinum match going =\

Why would people try to make a platinum lobby if your character isn't even level 20?

Had lots of fun today, Started playing at around 2 with a buddy and we both decided to role biotic's for the first real time.

2 Cerberus Vanguard identical spec'd for maximum power damage. Ended up completing silver without any real issue, Just bunked on the middle landing on White and Smashed the Exits

Then i decided to try out my Asari Justicar, spec'd for Biotic Explosions.. DAAAMMNN Throw that down in a door way and spam that door with smash and nothing is getting past.

Then another guy jumped online and respec'd his Cerberus Vanguard to assits us. We made short work of Reapers on gold and it was pretty much constant fun.

2nd last PSP of the night and i finnally unlocked some of the new classes. N7 Slayer and N7 Demolisher. Pretty happy to get 2 in one pack. Ran a few more games with the Slayer + Justicar + Cerb Vanguard and had a blast and cleaned up. Gold was getting pretty trivial with that much biotic abuse it was only really the objectives that we had issue with and even that was negligible.

Overall had alot of fun and plan to do the same tomorow really want some better gear, even thou i have a harrier and reegar they both are low level and i seem allergic to new content instead its getting replaced with shit like the Falcon VII.

Derrick01

Banned
How do you do these special moves I keep seeing? Like I think they were all engineers but I've seen people yank guys over cover for an insta kill and my krogan vanguard says I can detonate my barrier but I have no idea how.

Sai

Like I think they were all engineers but I've seen people yank guys over cover for an insta kill
o_o

When you're in cover, and an enemy comes close enough, an icon of a fist will pop up; press the melee button at this time.

You've had to do this at least once during the single player, no? Or at least seen the animation in one of the ME3 trailers?

and my krogan vanguard says I can detonate my barrier but I have no idea how.
When you're able to use a power, press the Barrier button again. It'll create a small shockwave that traps nearby targets in a biotic Lift field.

Derrick01

Banned
o_o

When you're in cover, and an enemy comes close enough, an icon of a fist will pop up; press the melee button at this time.

You've had to do this at least once during the single player, no? Or at least seen the animation in one of the ME3 trailers?

Nope I never saw that before until multiplayer and I've never seen an icon appear, I guess because nothing really gets that close to me without dying or me bailing out if it's on Gold or something. Thanks for that and the barrier one.

rozay

Banned
Nope I never saw that before until multiplayer and I've never seen an icon appear, I guess because nothing really gets that close to me without dying or me bailing out if it's on Gold or something. Thanks for that and the barrier one.
They have to be directly in front of you while you (or they) are in cover. Just run into cover and if the enemy is in cover or standing in front of cover opposite you, the fist icon pops up.

If you have the cover movement icons disabled in settings, that would explain why you don't see it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you do Geth Gold on Firebase White where everyone camp that room down below... that cover melee attack is used pretty often. :p

EekTheKat

Just got out of a gold reapers where I scored 198k on a destroyer. nearest guy scored in the 50k range lol. Got sick of trying to find a plat game without rocket glitcher so I went all out on a gold reapers.

To be fair, I threw every consumable I had on him, max shields, max assault rifle damage, incendiary rounds. Put that on a Typhoon equipped Destroyer and you're basically death incarnate.

So much fun. I was charging Banshees with that load out head on. Best part were seeing a group of spawns all at once, unload with 4 grenades, then a full 214 round clip of a typhoon and everything just drops dead.

Just got out of a gold reapers where I scored 198k on a destroyer. nearest guy scored in the 50k range lol. Got sick of trying to find a plat game without rocket glitcher so I went all out on a gold reapers.

To be fair, I threw every consumable I had on him, max shields, max assault rifle damage, incendiary rounds. Put that on a Typhoon equipped Destroyer and you're basically death incarnate.

So much fun. I was charging Banshees with that load out head on. Best part were seeing a group of spawns all at once, unload with 4 grenades, then a full 214 round clip of a typhoon and everything just drops dead.

198k credits?

the random purchses suck for characters. u should just be able to purchase the characters and make weapons random...

Kind of defeats the purpose, Characters are the thing people like to unlock the most with the exception of maybe 4 weapons. Making it so you can buy them outright means that people will have less incentive to play.

What they should do when the launch new DLC is add a pack to the market place for 200,000+ credits (maybe alot higher im not sure what the average bank people save up for the dlc is) The Pack would guarentee you one of the new DLC weapons or Characters. After that 2 week period keep the pack on the store but boost its price a Crazy amount like 700,000+

Its still RNG and PSP would still be the most purchased pack but this way people wont get as pissed off.

PSP and SP's behave exactly the same as before with a high chance of rare and stuff.

joined an on-going platinum match and it took me like 2 waves to realize there was a missile glitcher because he sucked so much. during wave 7 or 8 he went down and yelled into his mic for someone to revive him quick, so another player tried but he also went down... i finish the pyros who got them, and then just run past them without reviving, into a banshee intentionally killing myself too lololol.

damn i hate cheaters.

Kind of defeats the purpose, Characters are the thing people like to unlock the most with the exception of maybe 4 weapons. Making it so you can buy them outright means that people will have less incentive to play.

What they should do when the launch new DLC is add a pack to the market place for 200,000+ credits (maybe alot higher im not sure what the average bank people save up for the dlc is) The Pack would guarentee you one of the new DLC weapons or Characters. After that 2 week period keep the pack on the store but boost its price a Crazy amount like 700,000+

Its still RNG and PSP would still be the most purchased pack but this way people wont get as pissed off.

PSP and SP's behave exactly the same as before with a high chance of rare and stuff.

Its a strange mechanic where you cant choose to use the characters from the game. Can you imagine if streetfighter new DLC was done this way? ie. the characters were random?

Ive bought so many PSPs since the game launched and i still have some characters to get from the very first batch.

From the new N7 characters, i have one. Ive bought maybe 15 x PSPs since it launched and i have one N7 vanguard to show for it. i dont mind weapons being random but it seems no matter what i purchase i am not able to use the characters i want to in this game.

To me, if there is a new DLC with new characters/new weapons, there should be a better chance of unlocking these as it is what the people want.

Like...im not sure im even enjoying the game anymore as the only character i really want is the demolisher and no matter what i cant get him.

Gui_PT

They have to keep the packs completely random because that's what keeps the players playing.

If they weren't random, most players would have everything already and the number of active players would be really low.

They have to keep the packs completely random because that's what keeps the players playing.

If they weren't random, most players would have everything already and the number of active players would be really low.

yeah, i personally love it. a bit too addicting maybe, reminds me of the time when i was a kid and collected hockey cards, always hoping for a rare card in a pack...

it's just SO satisfying saving up credits and buying a bunch of packs. so far pretty much always i get something good. i'm mad about my recent ultra rares though, i think the last 7 or 8 have been shit, Javelin I & II & III, Talon II & III, Crusader II & III etc. argh.

though Talon might be a good weapon? tried it once on Gold and did ok with it. still prefer Carnifex VI though.

Woorloog

Banned
All i want is a pack that has higher chance for batarians... Oh and normal characters. I still don't have all of them. Also, need customization options more.

Derrick01

Banned
If you do Geth Gold on Firebase White where everyone camp that room down below... that cover melee attack is used pretty often. :p

Yeah that's where I saw it most of the time. I kept yelling at my screen "I WANT TO DO THAT!!". Maybe I could have gotten within 30k of 3rd place if I knew how :p

never posted here before, but

The Fury is amazing if you spec it for close range. i just use dark channel, heavy melee teleport to the enemy, then use throw. also if you have annihilation field on you'll warp other enemies nearby when you heavy melee teleport, then you just throw a bunch of times and you'll wreck everything. also, using the fury's evade move you can teleport through walls. I've done it on a bunch of maps, but it seems to work best on glacier. there's a big window overlooking the outside, you can teleport from the ammo by the window out to the outside and back.

Trigger

All of the new classes are cool. I'm using Shadow (the class that looks like a phantom) and I'm just wrecking shit on Bronze difficulty.

Mindlog

never posted here before, but

The Fury is amazing if you spec it for close range. i just use dark channel, heavy melee teleport to the enemy, then use throw. also if you have annihilation field on you'll warp other enemies nearby when you heavy melee teleport, then you just throw a bunch of times and you'll wreck everything. also, using the fury's evade move you can teleport through walls. I've done it on a bunch of maps, but it seems to work best on glacier. there's a big window overlooking the outside, you can teleport from the ammo by the window out to the outside and back.
I had my Kroguard out for a Gold game. (White Geth Gold because I got tired of waiting.) The Furies I played with were amazing, but kept dying over and over. My invincible Kroguard was a happy res pony so I wasn't complaining. Those Furies are squishy. I use the Devastator and Demolisher on Platinum. Debating on whether or not I want to get proficient (solo Gold easily) with Fury or Shadow next.

For teleporting there are some good spots on just about every map. My favorite right now is White. The areA by the ladder has 4 corners letting you teleport to a lot of different places. The traditional GGW camp spot also has some great options for teleporting.

I had my Kroguard out for a Gold game. (White Geth Gold because I got tired of waiting.) The Furies I played with were amazing, but kept dying over and over. My invincible Kroguard was a happy res pony so I wasn't complaining. Those Furies are squishy. I use the Devastator and Demolisher on Platinum. Debating on whether or not I want to get proficient (solo Gold easily) with Fury or Shadow next.

For teleporting there are some good spots on just about every map. My favorite right now is White. The are by the ladder has 4 corners letting you teleport to a lot of different places. The traditional GGW camp spot also has some great options for teleporting.

yeah the fury is very fragile, every so often you'll get a game where you're getting downed all the time. but i have got much better at staying alive as the fury.

Top Bottom