• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

Yeah I really like her too. She's so squishy in the first place, it might be interesting to spec her for melee/AF. Heavy>AF>Heavy>AF>Light melee the stragglers.
That's actually the first build I tried with her! It didn't work out so well, but that may have had a lot to do with the fact that I was still adjusting to her, and was playing with a less than stellar host.

Once I get a few more respec cards, I think I'll try it out again.

I got my SMG Recoil System up to V and put it on my Hurricane. It's nice to shoot it and my character not have a seizure. I just need to get that SMG High-Velocity Barrel leveled up and that hurricane will be unstoppable.
Once I got both of those weapon mods, I've been using the Hurricane a lot more. Put a biotic field on a target, let loose with the Hurricane with Warp Ammo, and it just shreds 'em away.

Which reminds me, I gotta see how much that mod reduces the kick on the Hornet.

Which reminds me, I gotta see how much that mod reduces the kick on the Hornet.

I just tried it on a Silver match just now and it seemed to reduce it quite a bit. I also won the match by getting the Vanguard glitch at Round 11 and it making me invincible, so good times all around.

Demon Ice

Banned
Jesus, people are already farming Platinum? I just finished my first ever successful Gold round. I've had a bunch of characters at level 20 for a while now too. What do you guys know that I dont?!

rozay

Banned
People using the Fury on gold, how do I play a build focused on annihilation field->throw combos? BE on a shielded enemy will not kill them, should I be going to melee, my gun, or backing off and getting another BE with dark channel->throw?

Tried the acolyte pistol......its like the Fuel gun rod from halo and the disciple shotgun had a baby.....one of the few support weapons, dont try to kill anything with the pistol, its useless but great to drain shields, why did they added a charge to shot?

Ikkarus

Well I finally got the Cerberus Harrier, man alive the gun is an animal. The only drawback is the incredibly low ammo supply of the weapon. I got paired up with a demolisher on a couple of games though, those pylons are a life saver.

People are going to get banned from using that rocket launcher/scorpion exploit right?

Its such a hard issue, Do you ban the people using it or the entire party.

If its just the person using it then you could make a new free 1 month gold account or grab a 3 month from ebay for like $12 and you can then host platinum boosting lobbies if you get it down to 15 mins a game then each person in the lobby will earn 520,000 credits per hour, which is 5 psp's per hour which if you paid for them is about 1200 msp which is $15 worth. So you earn that amount back in an hour. Thats across 3 people which is $45 per hour

Lets say the account plays 3 hours a day for 2 weeks before being banned. Thats about $1890 worth or packs that guy has "earned" for his team mates by spending $12.

If you ban the entire party what happens to people who accidentally get into those lobbies? do you ban people who didnt intend to cheat? how do you decide if they cheated or not?

Its a bug that needs patching but people should not be banned for it they only ruin the game for themselves.

This is all based on the assumption that the online pass is box locked (which it is) and that when an account is banned the pass stays active. Unsure.

StUnNeR H2K

Its such a hard issue, Do you ban the people using it or the entire party. If its just the person using it then you could make a new free 1 month gold account of grab a 3 month from ebay for like $12 and you can then host platinum boosting lobbies if you get it down to 15 mins a game then each person in the lobby will earn 520,000 credits per hour, which is 5 psp's per hour which if you paid for them is about 1200 msp which is $15 worth. So you earn that amount back in an hour. Thats across 3 people which is $45 per hour

Lets say the account plays 3 hours a day for 2 weeks before being banned. Thats about $1890 worth or packs that guy has "earned" for his team mates by spending $12.

If you ban the entire party what happens to people who accidentally get into those lobbies? do you ban people who didnt intend to cheat? how do you decide if they cheated or not?

Its a bug that needs patching but people should not be banned for it they only ruin the game for themselves.

This is all based on the assumption that the online pass is box locked (which it is) and that when an account is banned the pass stays active. Unsure.

Also have to include the 10$ online pass for every new account they create, not sure if it's worth it unless you can assure a steady pay from people wanting it the service.

I think some sort of penalty should be landed upon someone who frequently (or consistently) ends up in matches that are completed using the rocket glitch, especially if it's the same person using the glitch in your games over and over.

I've yet to run into anyone using the glitch, though I try to avoid running into games with randoms. If I randomly hoped into a game with someone using it I would finish the game, then leave the lobby, report it and move on.

Hopefully they can provide a patch to fix it soon, and put the issue to rest, but probably just create a new glitch fixing the current one...

Also have to include the 10$ online pass for every new account they create, not sure if it's worth it unless you can assure a steady pay from people wanting it the service.

I think some sort of penalty should be landed upon someone who frequently (or consistently) ends up in matches that are completed using the rocket glitch, especially if it's the same person using the glitch in your games over and over.

I've yet to run into anyone using the glitch, though I try to avoid running into games with randoms. If I randomly hoped into a game with someone using it I would finish the game, then leave the lobby, report it and move on.

Hopefully they can provide a patch to fix it soon, and put the issue to rest, but probably just create a new glitch fixing the current one...

The $10 online pass is locked to my xbox iv had 2 accounts use it so im not sure if they would need to do that.

exYle

People using the Fury on gold, how do I play a build focused on annihilation field->throw combos? BE on a shielded enemy will not kill them, should I be going to melee, my gun, or backing off and getting another BE with dark channel->throw?

What you can do is back off out of AF's range and move forward again, which will reprime a biotic explosion, but I would really only recommend that for kiting bosses. Alternatively, you can hit an enemy with Dark Chanel and then detonate that by detonating AF

rozay

Banned
What you can do is back off out of AF's range and move forward again, which will reprime a biotic explosion, but I would really only recommend that for kiting bosses. Alternatively, you can hit an enemy with Dark Chanel and then detonate that by detonating AF
I was playing host and I didn't feel like times that I moved away from an enemy and back towards them again primed them a second time consistently. Is there a timer/distance away I need to trigger it?

exYle

I was playing host and I didn't feel like times that I moved away from an enemy and back towards them again primed them a second time consistently. Is there a timer/distance away I need to trigger it?

Fury seems to be a glitchy class by nature. I hear Dark Channel doesn't consistently prime BEs.

Cat Party

I respec'd my Paladin to 6/3/6/5/6 (with the fire shield) and tried it again. The basic melee is incredibly quick with a lot of force. The melee does fire damage (5 seconds), so you can snap freeze someone and then hit them for the shield for a potential cryo explosion, like I think DY was saying before. Problem is, explosions are too unpredictable to use with confidence.

What I want to know is if you can get set off a tech combo with the shield melee after casting energy drain.

Gui_PT

Just realized the Vancouver map is perfect for platinum grinding :lol

There's a little room up top with only 2 entrances. If someone puts a pilon in there, it'll heal everyone. Maybe someone with a Decoy to distract the AI when the room gets crouded.

2 Shadows with their Electric Slash or maybe Vanguards with Lash would wreck both those entrances.

We have to try this!!!

There's a little room up top with only 2 entrances. If someone puts a pilon in there, it'll heal everyone. Maybe someone with a Decoy to distract the AI when the room gets crouded.

2 Shadows with their Electric Slash or maybe Vanguards with Lash would wreck both those entrances.

We have to try this!!!

More like a Geth engie with 2 phoenix and one Justicar, unless the demo uses the full shields build

Add me

exYle

We have to try this!!!

I dunno. I tried it on Geth Gold and it wasn't working out so hot. The entrance on the left has only one piece of cover and the two entrances on the right only have one piece of cover in between them, which can lead to easy flanking. You can try using the pieces of cover in the middle of the bridge facing both directions, but then you risk being overrun. The bridge itself is extremely exposed to return fire (the enemies can shoot between the gap!) AND is exposed to any troops that have rocket feet (Rocket Troopers, Marauders, practically all of Cerberus).

Woorloog

Banned
I'll be online now (Gamertag Empyrus, (call me "Emp"))
I'll be playing a Vanguard so i'd like to stick to Silver, but if you don't mind carrying me, Gold. Though maybe i could set up Drell Vanguard based on Reave for Gold? EDIT lol, forgot, no Reave for Drellguard

Gui_PT

I dunno. I tried it on Geth Gold and it wasn't working out so hot. The entrance on the left has only one piece of cover and the two entrances on the right only have one piece of cover in between them, which can lead to easy flanking. You can try using the pieces of cover in the middle of the bridge facing both directions, but then you risk being overrun. The bridge itself is extremely exposed to return fire (the enemies can shoot between the gap!) AND is exposed to any troops that have rocket feet (Rocket Troopers, Marauders, practically all of Cerberus).

I don't think we're talking about the same room. The one I'm talking about only has 2 entrances. One is a flight of stairs and the other one is just a corridor.

It'e literally just a box with 2 holes. If they want to get in, they'll all be bunched up in corridors which is just easy killing.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'll be online now (Gamertag Empyrus, (call me "Emp"))
I'll be playing a Vanguard so i'd like to stick to Silver, but if you don't mind carrying me, Gold. Though maybe i could set up Drell Vanguard based on Reave for Gold? EDIT lol, forgot, no Reave for Drellguard

I barely see people using Drells. Maybe its because they're too squishy for Gold.

exYle

I don't think we're talking about the same room. The one I'm talking about only has 2 entrances. One is a flight of stairs and the other one is just a corridor.

It'e literally just a box with 2 holes. If they want to get in, they'll all be bunched up in corridors which is just easy killing.

Oh my god, I'm an idiot.

I just described what's wrong with holing up on LONDON.
Fuck.

Bisnic

Nah, I mixed up London and Vancouver because they're both in the SP.

Speaking of which, Vancouver's MP >>>> Vancouver's SP. I'm sure they've spent less time developping Vancouver's MP than SP, yet it still looks better.

Mindlog

We have to try this!!!
Smash, not Lash~
I've also been wondering about using Shadows specced for ES/Cloak Duration without any points in Strike. It could work. Glacier still might be a little better because the map is so small and enemies will get to your kill-box quicker. I'm going to give it a try if I get back in tomorrow.

Was looking at the manifest and my luck has actually been pretty good with Ultra-Rares. Didn't notice because I barely use any of the ones I'm getting. Nine Ultra-Rares since my buying spree with the DLC: Black Widow V - Black Widow VI - Wraith IV - Wraith V - Paladin VIII - Paladin IX - Particle Rifle II - Indra VII - Indra VIII

0 Gear.

Stantron

*Hugs Hurricane V*

I really don't understand why Bioware still haven't fixed some of the simple bugs like Incinerate rank 6 not giving +100% damage to frozen enemies. It's been broken since launch even though it seems like an easy fix. Female Quarian Engineer and N7 Paladin would benefit greatly from this.

Bisnic

I havent played a lot since the DLC was released sadly, but in both PSPs that i bought, there was 3 rare items in there instead of 2. Did they change that or am i just lucky? I dont remember ever getting 3 rare items from PSPs before.

exYle

I havent played a lot since the DLC was released sadly, but in both PSPs that i bought, there was 3 rare items in there instead of 2. Did they change that or am i just lucky? I dont remember ever getting 3 rare items from PSPs before.

Maybe they upped the receiving rate. I mean, they added weapons, mods, and characters in this pack, it's only fair that they gave us a little more goodies in our packs.

Ms. Demolisher can do wonders about that.

Woorloog

Banned
Can't belive this... i have 6 different Vanguards. I fucked up each build. Seriously.
I'm like, "hmm, this could work" and it doesn't. Shooting Vanguard, nope. Pull for setting up bioplosions, nope. Not sure how i managed to screw up the asari, it just doesn't work well.
For N7 Slayer, i wanted to test the new powers but of course building around them and including melee damage was not a good idea (it has a sword, ofc i'll include melee damage...). And my Krogan is just plain boring to play for some reason. I guess you could say that build is not fucked up but...

I barely see people using Drells. Maybe its because they're too squishy for Gold.

i use Drell Adept a lot on gold, especially if there's another Adept on the team.

it's fantastic IMO. i constantly get very high scores thanks to having learned how to stay alive with it (well also thanks to my Harrier heh).

i originally used it on silver so i specced Fitness for melee dmg, to have some melee fun inbetween biotic explosions. it's actually a very good melee character because the moves are so fast.

exYle

Can't belive this... i have 6 different Vanguards. I fucked up each build. Seriously.
I'm like, "hmm, this could work" and it doesn't. Shooting Vanguard, nope. Pull for setting up bioplosions, nope. Not sure how i managed to screw up the asari, it just doesn't work well.
For N7 Slayer, i wanted to test the new powers but of course building around them and including melee damage was not a good idea (it has a sword, ofc i'll include melee damage...). And my Krogan is just plain boring to play for some reason. I guess you could say that build is not fucked up but...

I see a lot of Asari Vanguard snipers. Stasis, Lift Grenade, and a Widow/Black Widow.

Cat Party

There's always been this chance.

Anyhoo, the game is back to trolling me on my PSPs. It's finally given me a Carnifex V, to keep pace with my Eagle V, but now its on a Disciple kick. I would kill for a Cerberus Harrier or Typhoon right now.

I shouldn't complain. My buddy bought 10 PSPs since the DLC released and now has an Acolyte X.

exYle

You know, I should be grateful for what I've received in my packs thus far, getting Carnifex and Claymore up to X, Reegar up to III, Piranha II already, and a QME (finally), I'm STILL mad that of the new characters, all I have are the Slayer and Paladin.

Fury and Shadow, y u no unlock

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jesus, people are already farming Platinum? I just finished my first ever successful Gold round. I've had a bunch of characters at level 20 for a while now too. What do you guys know that I dont?!

You on 360?

I'm willing to help people out.

Lol some dudes booted me because I chose my demolisher and they wanted to use their damm new adepts against full shielded enemies in gold......

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lol some dudes booted me because I chose my demolisher and they wanted to use their damm new adepts against full shielded enemies in gold......
??

Adepts broke gold long before any other class did. Biotic explosions for days and tech don't mix.

Top Bottom