• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

exYle

whats a good weapon for the fury? ive got a piranha v with her so far...

Use something light to keep her cooldown as low as possible. At close range literally all your offensive attacks should be AF + Throw, so don't bother with a shotgun. For enemies at farther range that you don't want to approach, use Dark Channel + Throw, and use a long distance weapon to synergize with this biotic attack. I use a Carnifex X.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Unfortunately fixing glitches isn't that easy/cheap but I can't defend them because I have no idea if they have a team working on those

Btw, Squal Goal GET!

Oh they do have a team since some things were actually fixed(like the missile glitch recently). But they've been releasing those fixes at such a slow rate that i wonder if that team consist of 1 guy or 2 or if they somehow made a game where fixing glitches is a nightmare no matter how many people you throw at them. I mean, some glitches have been there since release day!

And here i thought Blizzard was bad on glitches with WoW.

Use something light to keep her cooldown as low as possible. At close range literally all your offensive attacks should be AF + Throw, so don't bother with a shotgun. For enemies at farther range that you don't want to approach, use Dark Channel + Throw, and use a long distance weapon to synergize with this biotic attack. I use a Carnifex X.
does annihilation field hit them auto and.does that trigger a biotic explosion if combined with throw?

Cat Party

As long as they are supporting the game, I won't judge them for having some glitches remain, no mater how long. I don't pretend to know how hard it is to find and fix some of these glitches without breaking something else. Nothing is so broken as to be completely useless.

exYle

does annihilation field hit them auto and.does that trigger a biotic explosion if combined with throw?

Any enemies caught in your Annihilation Field take damage over time and are primed for a biotic explosion, which can be detonated with Throw. Annihilation Field itself can be detonated for a AOE explosion.

My build is 6/6/6/4/4

AF: Radius, Movement Speed, Drain
DC: Damage, Damage, Pierce (I think! I don't remember the skill tree all that well)
Throw: Radius, Detonation, Force & Damage
N7 Fury: Power Damage & Weight Reduction
Fitness: Shields and Health

I've also heard of 6/3/6/5/6 builds being effective
N7 Fury: Power Damage & Weight Reduction, Power Damage
Fitness: ALL shields and health.

Omega

Banned
What?

Constant free DLC and updates is not caring?

But the number of glitches is unfortunate.

Constant free DLC that benefits them is not caring.

People use actual money to buy these packs because they don't want to grind. I forget where I saw it, but Premium Spectre Packs were one of the most downloaded add-ons for both PS3/XBL.

I haven't played this game since the first week of April and the same glitches that were present then are still present now. That to me shows they don't care.

They have no problem patching the credit cheats though. Gee, I wonder why..

Gui_PT

So you only know one thing about the MP, which is that glitches are still there and the only thing to assume is that they don't care?

Well, have fun not playing the game.

I've been having a blast with it!

Omega

Banned
What credit cheats?

As Cat Party said.

You play Wave 1-9, fail on 10. Start up the game again on Gold and the host would have to quit. Once it was done migrating host, you would be on Wave 10.

After that you could get 45k credits every 3 minutes or so.

So you only know one thing about the MP, which is that glitches are still there and the only thing to assume is that they don't care?

Well, have fun not playing the game.

I've been having a blast with it!

um, what?

In the exact post that started this discussion I said "It's a shame, because the MP is FUN"

Just because I realize they don't care about the state of the game doesn't change anything.

Jhoan

Has anyone been getting into super laggy matches on the 360 version. I just got off one after hosting it; we only made it to Wave 6. Every match that I've gotten into has been super laggy forcing me to bail out. And even when I was the host, other players were lagging. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to get to Wave 12 at this rate. -_-

Mindlog

As Cat Party said.

You play Wave 1-9, fail on 10. Start up the game again on Gold and the host would have to quit. Once it was done migrating host, you would be on Wave 10.

They had no problem fixing that? It took them months.

Cat Party

Has anyone been getting into super laggy matches on the 360 version. I just got off one after hosting it; we only made it to Wave 6. Every match that I've gotten into has been super laggy forcing me to bail out. And even when I was the host, other players were lagging. It's gonna be a pain in the ass to get to Wave 12 at this rate. -_-

Sounds exactly like what my buddy ran into last night. I think it was his connection though.

Bisnic

As Cat Party said.

um, what?

In the exact post that started this discussion I said "It's a shame, because the MP is FUN"

Just because I realize they don't care about the state of the game doesn't change anything.

I dunno, seems to me that if they bothered to release 7 new maps, 18 new characters and god knows how many weapons and gears since the release, for no additional cost, they probably DO care about their multiplayer mode. Sure, they get a lot of money from people who pay the packs with real money, but for those of us who dont, it's FREE.

They sucks at fixing glitches quickly, that everyone can agree with, but when it comes to new content, they actually deliver. Then you have some multiplayer balances almost every week, special weekend events every 2 weeks, and hackers/exploiters getting banned, and that for me, shows us they care. If they really didnt care about multiplayer, they would have never supported it in the first place.

Xevren

While the game does have a number of glitches I still love the hell out of multiplayer. One of the biggest surprises ever, never would have thought I would be so into it. Hell when I heard about multi coming to ME I wasn't too keen on it.

Also wonder if the delay on getting fixes has anything to do with how much patches cost from that microsoft certification bullshit.

Bisnic

While the game does have a number of glitches I still love the hell out of multiplayer. One of the biggest surprises ever, never would have thought I would be so into it. Hell when I heard about multi coming to ME I wasn't too keen on it.

Also wonder if the delay on getting fixes has anything to do with how much patches cost from that microsoft certification bullshit.

Actually, I think i heard that coming from them back in April... How expensive is it really?

Kinda sucks that PC have to suffer because of that, or else we might have gotten some fixes already. :p

Woorloog

Banned
You might be interested in learning that the Slayer's light melee makes him nearly invincible between teleports. I still strongly recommend that you only play him on host, though.

I assume i am the host if i spawn first on the map? IIRC, group "leader" is not necessarily the host.
I did notice the Slayer seems to have heavy damage reduction while teleporting (from any reason). But such tend to be unreliable, just like using Ops kit when close to death...

Cat Party

There's the cost to certify a patch, and there's the cost to figure out how to fix some small issue without breaking something else. My guess is that several of the fixes we are waiting for don't even need a patch, but that doesn't mean they are easy to fix.

Xevren

whats a good weapon for the fury? ive got a piranha v with her so far...

I use a Piranha X which puts me at 170%. Throw is a little over 1 second and is never an issue, and DC will pretty much always be 2-2.5 seconds. The added damage from it is great and I think it's perfect.

Nerfs are definitely coming to it though, wouldn't be surprised if it gets hit with both damage reduction and added weight.

Bisnic

There's the cost to certify a patch, and there's the cost to figure out how to fix some small issue without breaking something else. My guess is that several of the fixes we are waiting for don't even need a patch, but that doesn't mean they are easy to fix.

I just wish they could make fixing the Vanguard Biotic Charge/Death glitch their priority.

Then they can focus on fixing broken skill trees.

The rest can wait.

Any enemies caught in your Annihilation Field take damage over time and are primed for a biotic explosion, which can be detonated with Throw. Annihilation Field itself can be detonated for a AOE explosion.

My build is 6/6/6/4/4

DC: Damage, Damage, Pierce (I think! I don't remember the skill tree all that well)

theres no pierce. did u go for damage or decreased target movement speed?

exYle

I assume i am the host if i spawn first on the map? IIRC, group "leader" is not necessarily the host.
I did notice the Slayer seems to have heavy damage reduction while teleporting (from any reason). But such tend to be unreliable, just like using Ops kit when close to death...

What? I've never heard of that. As far as I'm concerned, if it's your lobby, you're the host.

theres no pierce. did u go for damage or decreased target movement speed?

Okay, I just checked the Dark Channel page on the Mass Effect wiki. There is Pierce at rank 6, which is what I chose. I chose Damage, Slow, and Pierce.

Mindlog

Got a chance to knock out my Weekend Objective. Not sure if I'd be able to later.

More packs with no Gear but 2 URs.
Scorpion VIII (neat I guess)
Harrier VIII (YAY! Finally something I use.)

31 URs to go. Still no Typhoon.

Jhoan

I played a few more matches and it was still laggy. I don't think it's my connection. I give up trying to find a match for the day. It sucks. :(

why is it that I was playing just then and I didnt get that screen which mentions the new operation? does that mean I wont get it or ill have to play again tomorrow?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

My build is 6/6/6/4/4

Pretty much my exact fury build except in AF I opt for damage over movement speed.

rozay

Banned
the fury is fantastic when supported by a vanguard. biotic explosions everywhere!
Idk if it was already answered or you figure it out, but you just have to be close to an enemy so they turn purple when you have Annihiltion field on, then hit them with a throw for a Biotic explosion. You should be able to see stringy black and purple stuff move in the direction of an enemy when you're close enough. Take the radius upgrade, it helps a lot.

Woorloog

Banned
Batarian Soldier: Explosive Ballistic Blades don't seem to be so good idea. Probably respeccing him. But what about Rank 4? Which one is better, Damage or Spread? EDIT that is, i'll take Range and Damage for ranks 5 and 6 but not sure what i should take for rank 4.

Stantron

I use my Fury with a Scorpion pistol + LWM and damage mod so cool down is 200%. Gear is +10% pistol damage and +10% biotic damage.
I'm using a 6/6/6/4/4 build but still have not put anything into rank 6 of AF because I can't decide what's more beneficial yet. I seem to survive ok so drain wouldn't to be that necessary. I will probably go with damage even though enemies get detonated almost instantly after being infected by the field. For N7 Fury, I went with weapon damage since power damage doesn't add to the biotic detonation damage, and Fitness I went with shields.

Even though I went with radius on AF, it still seems like I need to stand pretty damn close to cause the infection to occur. I may choose damage if I eventually respec.

exYle

Does anyone know if Veteran Packs still give gear? I've been buying a few and the only thing worthwhile I've been receiving is level 3 consumables. I'm trying to upgrade my grenade gear.

DY_nasty

Does anyone know if Veteran Packs still give gear? I've been buying a few and the only thing worthwhile I've been receiving is level 3 consumables. I'm trying to upgrade my grenade gear.

Grenade Upgrade is a rare.

rozay

Banned
Grenade capacity gear is a rare item, but yeah it's not easy for a lot of people to get silver gear from vet packs (I can't).

DY_nasty

Grenade Capacity is rare? Really? Then why would anyone choose Grenade Capacity over Warfighter Package?

Because 5 extra grenades is fucking crazy and an AR amp does the same job as the Warfighter Package

Sai

Grenade Capacity gives you more grenades—five, like DY said.

Warfighter Gear gives you two extra grenades, and 10% extra AR damage.

exYle

Grenade Capacity gives you more grenades—five, like DY said.

Warfighter Gear gets you 2 extra grenades, and extra AR damage.

So I have both GC and Warfighter at 1 right now. When I get Warfighter to V, the grenade capacity will have only increased by 1?

DY_nasty

Sorry, I should've rephrased.
With Warfighter and Grenade Capacity at the same level, why would anyone choose Grenade Capacity?

Because 5 grenades > 2 grenades

I think you're not really catching how much of a difference that makes. The AR damage isn't even that big of a deal.
So I have both GC and Warfighter at 1 right now. When I get Warfighter to V, the grenade capacity will have only increased by 1?

Yeah, maxed out, warfighter v = 10% AR damage, +2 grenades.

Just kinda weird how it upgrades

Woorloog

Banned
My ME3 quota is almost full. Getting so many shitty matches and incredibly bad players and a lot of issues (powers do not trigger, had this issue on multiple matches today).
Also, just starting to get plain boring.
At least i got my batarians and finally "Lights" for Human Male Soldier, could make my Cerberus soldier finally.
Also, fuck whoever decided to make mods have visual effects on weapons. I want to keep my weapons looks just as it is but also get the bonuses from mods. I don't want a fucking black or green or red assault rifle with a block at the end of the barrel or an ugly scope attached on it. (Fuck AR scope anyway, 4x zoom is too much)

Also repeating
Batarian Soldier: Explosive Ballistic Blades don't seem to be so good idea. Probably respeccing him. But what about Rank 4? Which one is better, Damage or Spread? EDIT that is, i'll take Range and Damage for ranks 5 and 6 but not sure what i should take for rank 4.

Top Bottom