• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sai

Manifest

Got up 'n decided to go crazy with the Kroguard on Glacier/Geth/Gold for a bit. Afterwards, I spammed some Veteran Packs, unlocked the Engineering Kit, Densified Ammunition, and finished maxing out my Rare Weapon Mods.

Randoms seem to be very happy when they happen to end up in my Kroguard's lobby... lol

[EDIT] - Does anybody know what the Kroguard's cooldown is like with the Piranha X, and the Battlemaster tree specced for power damage 'n weight reduction?

[EDIT #2] - Nevermind! 200%... That's beautiful! :D I'll take it for a spin later today.

Trying to get back into the game (as in: getting motivated again) so if anyone is up for some platinum and gold runs on x360 hit me up

hellraizer n7

still have only ONE character from the resurgence pack, even missing some of the older ones. Are the packs as random as always? Or worse now? :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really need to stop playing Vanguard when im not host... Wave 6 and i already got that stupid glitch.

X-Frame

Does anyone have any cool armor combinations for their characters?

I'm trying to find one sweeping theme to use for all my characters, but I haven't found anything that seems to go well with everyone. Some of the quality of armors is much better than others (i.e. The Human Infil and Engie's have such shitty cloth armor vs. a Krogan).

I was thinking possible a Berserker, Colossus, or Urban theme.

Anyone have any ideas or pics they can snap from their PC's?

Bisnic

Does anyone have any cool armor combinations for their characters?

I'm trying to find one sweeping theme to use for all my characters, but I haven't found anything that seems to go well with everyone. Some of the quality of armors is much better than others (i.e. The Human Infil and Engie's have such shitty cloth armor vs. a Krogan).

I was thinking possible a Berserker, Colossus, or Urban theme.

Anyone have any ideas or pics they can snap from their PC's?

I can't show all of them obviously, but here's some of my favorites. :p

xJtGm.jpg

Bisnic

I came to the conclusion that Rio is terrible on higher difficulties. If you got a team who decide to camp the middle, you will be attacked from both sides and eventually get overwhelmed. It sucks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I came to the conclusion that Rio is terrible on higher difficulties. If you got a team who decide to camp the middle, you will be attacked from both sides and eventually get overwhelmed. It sucks.
It crushes high mobility characters and playstyles too. Each of the three "lanes" is a well disguised death trap. I hate the map more than Goddess.

And Vancouver is sooooo boring both to play and look at.

X-Frame

On Rio, it seems the best strategy I've seen so far is to hang out in the far north part with all the boxes since there's a few ammo boxes and a lot of close quarter fighting to funnel baddies into.

Have a Slayer or Shadow or Smashguard and everything coming through will get annihilated.

Tsukumo

On Rio, it seems the best strategy I've seen so far is to hang out in the far north part with all the boxes since there's a few ammo boxes and a lot of close quarter fighting to funnel baddies into.

Have a Slayer or Shadow or Smashguard and everything coming through will get annihilated.

I do the same. For grenade characters it's a garden of eden (...if the garden of eden had nades instead of apples, that is) because the crates overthere for some reason spawn more grenades than usual maps. There are like, four crates in a ten, twenty meters radius.
But the main draw for me is you can check and manage the nastiest enemy spawning point in the entire game.

DY_nasty

I do the same. For grenade characters it's a garden of eden (...if the garden of eden had nades instead of apples, that is) because the crates overthere for some reason spawn more grenades than usual maps. There are like, four crates in a ten, twenty meters radius.
But the main draw for me is you can check and manage the nastiest enemy spawning point in the entire game.

I think that map is especially hellish if you're seeing a bunch of Geth. Primes and Rocket Troopers snipe like a scene from Wanted.

X-Frame

Does anyone else think the stomp downing is a little ridiculous on Gold and Platinum now? It can literally be 1 second that you can be executed.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Does anyone else think the stomp downing is a little ridiculous on Gold and Platinum now? It can literally be 1 second that you can be executed.

Yeah it's bullshit. I don't know why they put that in. If you're going to put that in, then fucking make it so that you can't be stunned or grabbed when you respawn.

DY_nasty

But seeing Nori get smacked/stomped in one clean motion is the best part about playing on Gold :(

How many people have beat all the maps on gold I wonder? I've only beat about 5 maps on gold. I don't think I have it in me to challenge platinum. People that only play gold have my admiration.

DY_nasty

How many people have beat all the maps on gold I wonder? I've only beat about 5 maps on gold. I don't think I have it in me to challenge platinum. People that only play gold have my admiration.

It really isn't that bad.

I honestly have more issues on Silver than I do on Gold because I completely ignore team strategy on lower difficulties.

Xevren

I have them beat on gold, doubt I'll even bother with platinum. I really only play with a couple people so usually stuck with randoms....most of which are just awful.

yes, it fucking sucks now. Gold is not fun anymore, i basically have to use 5 medigels per match just to get to wave 6 now.

and every other match ends with two other players going down, me trying to go revive them but it being impossible since they get stomped in 1-3 seconds.

why Bioware why?

Mindlog

I actually kind of like the stomping. It's a nice mechanic to up difficulty without flooding the screen with bosses and damage sponge enemies.
Then again I've almost always used medigel instead of waiting to get picked up.
No sleeping on the job.

Gotta go hard.

DY_nasty

i don't know, sometimes its your teammates just being cheap

you almost always see someone getting ready to stomp you. unless you're nori and you get smack/stomped - then there is simply no justice for you in this world

Nori Chan

you almost always see someone getting ready to stomp you. unless you're nori and you get smack/stomped - then there is simply no justice for you in this world

fucking troopers man they bitch slap you like you owe them money and then fucking stomp you out like a fire

and if its reapers you will see the realest cannibals man tru story

Bisnic

yes, it fucking sucks now. Gold is not fun anymore, i basically have to use 5 medigels per match just to get to wave 6 now.

and every other match ends with two other players going down, me trying to go revive them but it being impossible since they get stomped in 1-3 seconds.

why Bioware why?

I usually end up a full Gold game with 2 or 3 medigels left. But that's probably because i spam the space button for someone to revive me until only a tiny bit of the "Dying circle" is left. Getting stomped doesnt happen that often either since its usually the tough enemies that kills me, not the regular troopers. Also, a lot of cover helps. :p

DY_nasty

fucking troopers man they bitch slap you like you owe them money and then fucking stomp you out like a fire

and if its reapers you will see the realest cannibals man tru story

never forget the cannibal that solod us all

the greatest of our time

burgerdog

Game is trolling me hard as well, the two N7 classes that I really want to play with(shadow and fury) are the two that I don't have. I would love to mess around with the destroyer, but I lack the typhoon or harrier to make it work.

X-Frame

Are you all generally buying PSP's or Spectre packs?

I was going for PSP's and it did allow me to level up a lot of Rare cards but I hate getting Level IV ammo and Level IV consumables in a PSP. I have all the classes now, not maxed out, but still have them all, so I figure Spectre Packs would give me more value.

Bisnic

N7 Destroyer and N7 Fury out of Veteran packs, they dont even say they have Earth DLC in them.

Neither do Spectre and Premium Spectre packs mention them. Gold cards still exist in Veteran packs, they're just almost as rare as an ultra-rare in the spectre packs.

EekTheKat

Firebase Rio is shockingly bad. Ranks worse than Hydra for me for maps that I despise playing on.

Only a handful of players realize that camping in the middle of Rio near the spawn point is generally a really, really bad idea (since you'll be rushed from 6 or so paths from both front and back). And even then the players who do move to a better location get yelled at for abandoning the deathtrap in the center.

FINALLY got the Demolisher, from a Spectre pack no less!

Im going to leave level 6 of arc grenade off - is this advisable? Was thinking of putting these into "Demolisher" so i have the extra grenades and have this on 6.

I put electricity damage into them, and with the homing grenades just opted for extra grenades then split grenade.

Arming myself with a Black Widow II and Piranha VI.

Yeah downing seems ridiculous now. Was playing Silver and a Krogan Vanguard got Phantom-stabbed twice in consecutive waves (he left sometime between Wave 10 and extraction; joke's on him), and one guy went down surrounded by a couple of Assault Troopers and was almost immediately executed.

Been running a human Sentinel with Warp+Throw but man they're squishy.

exYle

Im going to leave level 6 of arc grenade off - is this advisable? Was thinking of putting these into "Demolisher" so i have the extra grenades and have this on 6.

I put electricity damage into them, and with the homing grenades just opted for extra grenades then split grenade.

For the Demolisher you really shouldn't be putting any points into fitness. The skill trees and rank 6's for both grenades, Supply Pylon, and N7 Demolisher are too valuable to give up.

Bisnic

For the Demolisher you really shouldn't be putting any points into fitness. The skill trees and rank 6's for both grenades, Supply Pylon, and N7 Demolisher are too valuable to give up.

Isnt the last rank of N7 Demolisher the usual reduce weight or improve weapon damage? Not like you really need this when all you do is spamming grenades, unless im wrong.

Sai

Isnt the last rank of N7 Demolisher the usual reduce weight or improve weapon damage? Not like you really need this when all you do is spamming grenades, unless im wrong.
Power Damage, and Weapon Damage & Max Grenades.

So, you should just leave Fitness alone.

Stantron

The Scorpion seems like a good weapon to use with the Paladin if you put incinerary ammo on. Start with Incinerate or Energy Drain which may cause a stagger, then peg the enemy with three or four rounds from the Scorpion which may cause additional stagger, then Snap Freeze which will usually last while the Scorpion rounds are exploding. The incinerary effect from the ammo hits about the same time as Snap Freeze causing a greater chance that a tech combo will occur.

By the way, Cranial Trauma mod (headshot damage) doesn't work with the Scorpion. I go with LWM and damage mod instead.

Does anyone know the stats of fire/cryo explosions vs. biotic detonations and tech bursts?

I have no idea but it do more damage against organics.

Range 6 power damage only helps you for Geths, it completely drains normal shields and leaves them ready for a tech burst instantly for 10 secs without the Range 6 you leave them with 2 squares of shields and survive the DPS.

For Homming, I used Fire Damage for Fire explosion combos and for not allowing the special mobs to regenerate, Split grenades are good too for normal mobs but I kept the homming for special mobs only.

Fitness dont give you enough shields to keep fighting unless you want to fully support your allies.

rozay

Banned
I know how to trigger them, but I'm wondering if it worth exerting effort to set off fire/cryo explosions with the Paladin when I could just take the Fury/AA/HS and go nuts with biotic detonations. If fire/cryo explosions don't do more damage, it seems like a waste of time when biotic detonations are so dependable.
They do more damage, but the paladin's explosions occur on his body for some reason and not enemies which make them a lot less useful

I know how to trigger them, but I'm wondering if it worth exerting effort to set off fire/cryo explosions with the Paladin when I could just take the Fury/AA/HS and go nuts with biotic detonations. If fire/cryo explosions don't do more damage, it seems like a waste of time when biotic detonations are so dependable.

And biotics can cancel the tech explosion.

EekTheKat

So yeah, apparently movement speed is vital to a good Fury player, possibly moreso than any other class. Once you close in distance it's pretty much game over. I'm almost tempted to try out the 20% movement speed innate bonus to Annihilation aura.

Very fun class though, especially if you know the maps and can teleport out incase of emergencies.

I just had my best gold round ever with a Fury, and I just went all out rush explosion spec with movement speed gear. What actually made it click was realizing how the Annihilation Field works regarding setting up chain explosions.

Top Bottom