• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

My ME3 quota is almost full. Getting so many ****ty matches and incredibly bad players and a lot of issues (powers do not trigger, had this issue on multiple matches today).
Also, just starting to get plain boring.
At least i got my batarians and finally "Lights" for Human Male Soldier, could make my Cerberus soldier finally.
Also, **** whoever decided to make mods have visual effects on weapons. I want to keep my weapons looks just as it is but also get the bonuses from mods. I don't want a ****ing black or green or red assault rifle with a block at the end of the barrel or an ugly scope attached on it. (**** AR scope anyway, 4x zoom is too much)

Also repeating
Batarian Soldier: Explosive Ballistic Blades don't seem to be so good idea. Probably respeccing him. But what about Rank 4? Which one is better, Damage or Spread? EDIT that is, i'll take Range and Damage for ranks 5 and 6 but not sure what i should take for rank 4.

Explosive ballistic blades are great.

Woorloog

Banned
Explosive ballistic blades are great.

No, they're not. Every body shot my targets before they exploded, so essentially i wasted an evolution. Enchanced bleed damage would be better, i think. Shoot strong enemies with them and you'll do damage over time while shooting and throwing 'nades.

You got some auto-censoring system?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No, they're not. Every body shot my targets before they exploded, so essentially i wasted an evolution. Enchanced bleed damage would be better, i think. Shoot strong enemies with them and you'll do damage over time while shooting and throwing 'nades.

You got some auto-censoring system?

Explosive blades are great because on higher difficulties the explosion staggers enemies like phantoms and hunters, which is a really big deal. While they aren't moving, they're getting head shotted, not dealing damage to you or the team, and they're not staggering you with craziness either. Bleed doesn't do anything that guns won't do and they don't even lead to a tech explosion or anything.

Damage is easy to come by for all classes (except turians lol) but effects outside of that are what make you beneficial to the team. If you can consistently stun lock/immobilize enemies, then you're an asset.

I just signed on and all the stuff I have unlocked since the latest DLC came out is gone. I am redownloading the pack now, man I hope it works.

rozay

Banned
Woorlog, I agree about the mods. Kind of the last nail in the coffin for me for ME weapons, adding crap like that just ruins the aesthetics and design of futuristic guns that should have them integrated. I understand what they were going for, but it's not something I really like. Both the N7 guns from the earth DLC have really stupid design characteristics (heat sinks ejecting from the typhoon like bullet casings and the giant tumor on top of the piranha which makes no sense when guns have ammo blocks inside) and probably the worst thing in my opinion was removing the integrated scopes from the assault rifles. The vindicator now has a giant hole on the left side where the scope was.

Well, at least there's the particle rifle I guess!

X-Frame

Is anyone else having problems connecting to the servers?

It's taking me minutes to just get to the main menu and a more more than usual just to load the MP. Then when I got in it was as if I never downloaded the Earth DLC and my Earth characters were locked. The hell?

DY_nasty

do the melee mods on weapons add to the sword damage even though you arent using it?

yep

also, you'll want to still be using your gun +incendiary rounds every once in a while so you can set off fire explosions with electric slash

Cat Party

I got the Fury finally, and I love dark channel. Unlike warp, it is basically instant, so no more fucking dodging. Plus, you can get multiple detonations as it jumps to the next enemy. Love this character.

I got the Fury finally, and I love dark channel. Unlike warp, it is basically instant, so no more fucking dodging. Plus, you can get multiple detonations as it jumps to the next enemy. Love this character.
fury is fantastic. I love running into a group of troopers and watching the tendrils of electricity hit them then BOOM, throw and watch the explosions. its great to also get into cover and it still hits them.

im torn between the fury and the shadow however. the shadow is great but terrible for taking out the big guys like brutes, geth primes etc

Grenade Capacity is rare? Really? Then why would anyone choose Grenade Capacity over Warfighter Package?

I still have GC at lvl 1 and Warfighter in lvl 3.

My ME3 quota is almost full. Getting so many ****ty matches and incredibly bad players and a lot of issues (powers do not trigger, had this issue on multiple matches today).

I get mad when I cant cast anything in front of the enemies even grenades at close encounters.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Being a Demolisher with Grenade Capacity III in Geth Gold White with another Demolisher, with both pylons right next to each other in THAT room... i can spam grenades on those Geths and never have to move. :D

X-Frame

Being a Demolisher with Grenade Capacity III in Geth Gold White with another Demolisher, with both pylons right next to each other in THAT room... i can spam grenades on those Geths and never have to move. :D

Two Demolishers really demolish everything. I haven't played with all 4 Demolishers yet, but I assume it would be incredible.

And I just froze on Platinum Wave 9. Unbelievable. I haven't froze in months. Oh well.

Tsukumo

Does anyone know if Veteran Packs still give gear? I've been buying a few and the only thing worthwhile I've been receiving is level 3 consumables. I'm trying to upgrade my grenade gear.

they do give gear cards but uncommon gear is completely all over the place. I have rare gear maxed out and uncommon gear still at lvl 2 or 3, and I buy way more veteran pack than spectre/premium spectre packs. Last but not the least, most of my uncommon gear got unlocked from uncommon cards I've found in premium spectre packs. WTF!

Mindlog

Two Demolishers really demolish everything. I haven't played with all 4 Demolishers yet, but I assume it would be incredible.

And I just froze on Platinum Wave 9. Unbelievable. I haven't froze in months. Oh well.
I once joined a game on Platinum Glacier that had 3 Demolishers using Harriers. Naturally I switched to the same (even though I hate carrying that much weight.) It was a room camp so it was effective, but in that situation so is everything else. To maximize the effectiveness of this group two of the Demolishers should probably anti-spec their grenades. Use Homing for shields and Arc for armor. This ensures maximum tech bursts.

My new favorite Demolisher loadout:
Scorpion with ULM + Barrel
Hurricane with ULM + HV
ULM works when you have a pistol using ULM. TMYK.

I had to fix a certain something after a certain something started crashing my home network. I couldn't fix it, but I found a satisfactory work around. Played a few Platinums just to be sure it was working... I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it seems to be bringing me pretty good luck.

More packs with no Gear but 2 URs.
Scorpion IX (Now my Demolisher can carry it.)
Indra IX (Neat I guess.)

29 URs to go. Still no Typhoon. The Typhoon now accounts for more than 1/3 of my missing URs.

Bisnic

I just had the weirdest glitch ever to happen to me... not sure if its a London glitch...

My game literally froze suddenly, but at the same time it wasn't. My screen was frozen, the sound was gone, i couldnt use my guns or abilities... But i could still see kills happen in the lower right, i could still get killed/revived, see my shield and health going down, and i could see the messages when people were down. And after Alt+Tab and coming back, the screen was black... except for the HUD. And prior to that weird freezing glitch, my character was running very fast at the start of the wave. Like if i was using a 100x running hack.

xLtTq.png

wmqmF.jpg

DY_nasty

I once joined a game on Platinum Glacier that had 3 Demolishers using Harriers. Naturally I switched to the same (even though I hate carrying that much weight.) It was a room camp so it was effective, but in that situation so is everything else. To maximize the effectiveness of this group two of the Demolishers should probably anti-spec their grenades. Use Homing for shields and Arc for armor. This ensures maximum tech bursts.

My new favorite Demolisher loadout:
Scorpion with ULM + Barrel
Hurricane with ULM + HV
ULM works when you have a pistol using ULM. TMYK.

I had to fix a certain something after a certain something started crashing my home network. I couldn't fix it, but I found a satisfactory work around. Played a few Platinums just to be sure it was working... I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it seems to be bringing me pretty good luck.

More packs with no Gear but 2 URs.
Scorpion IX (Now my Demolisher can carry it.)
Indra IX (Neat I guess.)

29 URs to go. Still no Typhoon. The Typhoon now accounts for more than 1/3 of my missing URs.
Why are you concerned with weight for Demolishers? The only recharging skill they have is the support pylon.

Also, you can set up two pylons in any doorway alongside another demolisher and hold that choke point until the return of the king.

Why are you concerned with weight for Demolishers? The only recharging skill they have is the support pylon.

Also, you can set up two pylons in any doorway alongside another demolisher and hold that choke point until the return of the king.

if you reach minus bonus she deploys the pylons more slower than usual so it will put you in real danger. if you use pistol she deploys the pylons almost instantly.

Bisnic

Oh, i got 2 ultra rares in the same PSP, what a miracle!

Particle Rifle IV
Black Widow IV

Crap. Will i ever get a Harrier?

DY_nasty

Destroyers dont use cover so I have to follow them

I don't follow anyone with my demolisher unless there's an objective wave. There's no point at all with her and it really goes against the best qualities of that particular class. You don't have the durability to follow people into firefights.

Destroyers will be just fine on their own.

X-Frame

My GI's Hunter Mode is specc'ed for Power Recharge & Power Damage .. I suppose because at the time (2 months ago) it was best for Proximity Mine?

Now, it seems with the Piranha and the Typhoon and other auto-guns that have been buffed it would make sense for me to spec into Weapon Accuracy and Rate Of Fire .. correct?

DY_nasty

That's sad to read that.

Why? Would you expect a Justicar to follow around a destroyer with a personal bubble when they could be spamming reave for the biotic users to take advantage of? It doesn't make sense to put your ass in the fire for a bullet magnet like a destroyer when you can be helping out the team in much, much better ways - mainly behind the lines setting off bursts and explosions, holding down backdoors/locking down spawns, and encouraging snipers to stay where they need to be.

Just a matter of knowing where you belong in the fight and when roles overlap. A demolisher going all search & destroy just to tag along is a waste of a lot of great opportunities.
I think that's how the class is supposed to play.

the ammo drop isn't sufficient for a two players in transit either. at least not on gold

Mindlog

You want to place pylons while you're being shot at?
I do it all the time in Platinum.

You can redeploy the Pylon slightly faster than it makes grenades or at the exact same time the first pylon finishes making grenades. With all the throwing I'm doing I don't end up shooting very often.

DY_nasty

I do it all the time in Platinum.

You can redeploy the Pylon slightly faster than it makes grenades or at the exact same time the first pylon finishes making grenades. With all the throwing I'm doing I don't end up shooting very often.

What's your recharge rate for this?

Mindlog

What's your recharge rate for this?
I'm somewhere between 190 and 200 cooldown.
*When I hop back on I'll get the numbers.

*I can recast the pylon ever ~9 seconds. The pylon itself generates grenades every ~14 seconds. The animation itself probably takes around a second. That would put the sweetspot minimum somewhere around 13 seconds per cast if it's always re-cast exactly when it's ready. This way it would be possible to grab 2 grenades from the dying pylon as soon as the new pylon drops.

Scorpion X

DY_nasty

I'm somewhere between 190 and 200 cooldown.
*When I hop back on I'll get the numbers.

I'll think about incorporating the scorpion, but i love my never ending harrier as my primary.

There aren't too many classes that can truly ignore the recharge rate completely and succeed though.

burgerdog

I need friends to play this on PC. I mostly ignored the MP when the game first released, but suddenly got into MP about a month ago. I have mostly been playing with randoms and it would be cool to play with people that actually know what they're doing most of the time. My username is burgerdog if anybody wants to add me.

Bisnic

I need friends to play this on PC. I mostly ignored the MP when the game first released, but suddenly got into MP about a month ago. I have mostly been playing with randoms and it would be cool to play with people that actually know what they're doing most of the time. My username is burgerdog if anybody wants to add me.

Sure, i'll add you, the more the better.

X-Frame

Has it been determined if "Impact Radius" on the Annihilation Field actually makes the field bigger by default or if it only affects the detonation radius?

Xevren

My GI's Hunter Mode is specc'ed for Power Recharge & Power Damage .. I suppose because at the time (2 months ago) it was best for Proximity Mine?

Now, it seems with the Piranha and the Typhoon and other auto-guns that have been buffed it would make sense for me to spec into Weapon Accuracy and Rate Of Fire .. correct?

Yeah, accuracy+rate of fire on hunter make the Piranha which was already ridiculous into straight up broken territory.

rozay

Banned
It pains me to see someone with a Typhoon II and a Piranha I equipped while i have a Piranha X and a Typhoon 0. Haven't gotten an ultra rare since the dlc dropped...

Xevren

What kills me is finding someone who is N7 18 and already has a harrier or typhoon, I still have yet to get a harrier. Blah.

the ammo drop isn't sufficient for a two players in transit either. at least not on gold

Cast another one, then cast again, dont use your weapon let the others grabs the ammo and grenades, thats how you use the Demo. Not to just camp and use the pylon for yourself like the 90% of the demos online.

DY_nasty

Cast another one, then cast again, dont use your weapon let the others grabs the ammo and grenades, thats how you use the Demo. Not to just camp and use the pylon for yourself like the 90% of the demos online.
That's like saying that snipers shouldn't cloak

all the defensive and offensive boosts of the pylon can't be taken advantage of when you're not actually holed up inside its radius. also, almost every smart demo build will have all of the n7/passive points put into power damage and force - meaning that weapon damage is hard to come by. unless you plan to do literally nothing other than throw grenades, you'll be taking advantage of the pylon's all-purpose team oriented buff of +15% weapon damage inside the support pylon's radius. otherwise, you're only good for one thing - throwing arc jr. grenades and the meh-tastic homing grenades.

you simply don't crank out enough ammo to supply an entire team in transit (especially not a "good" destroyer) you barely have enough ammo for yourself... you can however lockdown a spawn indefinitely and keep your team from getting flanked and wiped by being smart, sealing a chokepoint, and seeing the field. places like dagger, london, ghost, and jade particularly.

Top Bottom