• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Omega

Banned
Harrier I still lol

Its my favorite weapon by far right now for Gold. Even above the Piranha. I always throw the clip extension on to kinda mask the ammo problems a bit, but its just so damn good.

Yeah, it's really good but it's just a shame it has no bullets. I'll use it depending on the map. I like it on Rio and Goddess because there's ammo boxes everywhere so I don't have to worry about running out of ammo.

What are some other good assault rifles? I use the Mattock X a lot.

Woorloog

Banned
They usually roll out around 4ish. GMT.

Morning it is then.
Fuck BioWare. Or whoever is responsible for the packs not being available instantly.

EDIT estimating 50% chance of getting a class i like. With my luck, i'll probably get additional customization for Fury or Slayer... EDIT to make it clear, i'd prefer getting one of the classes i don't have yet.
Also, really wishing i get N7 Eagle pistol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, it's really good but it's just a shame it has no bullets. I'll use it depending on the map. I like it on Rio and Goddess because there's ammo boxes everywhere so I don't have to worry about running out of ammo.

What are some other good assault rifles? I use the Mattock X a lot.

I like the Saber, its like a mini sniper rifle. Very powerful and accurate. But it shoots 1 bullet at a time(slower than Mattock) and it doesnt have a lot of ammo. Plus its an ultra-rare so getting it a X is going to take forever, mine still at rank I. But i love using it with my Destroyer on Geth Gold White camping games. i think i got a 17/40 clip with him and the improved magazine mod, better camp near an ammo box like i do. :p I just stay outside and kills any Geths that shows up and i use the gear that improves assault rifle damage and +2 grenades, mine is at rank V so its nice!

Plus... the bad ass sound effect. When you hear it, you wish all guns had that sound.

EekTheKat

I actually like the shoulder mounted missile launcher on the Destroyer, but I'm absolutely terrified to use it since it still triggers "Missle Launcher" kills in the kill log. Even though Bioware supposedly fixed the Missle glitch and they said it shows up as a different string in their parsers, I just don't want to risk an uninformed player reporting me or even putting my account at risk.

I use it selectively, it's basically a free stagger/damage while I'm unloading with a Typhoon. I'm curious if it actually fires off when capturing objectives too.

To be honest, if I had to make one change to the shoulder mounted missile launcher, it would be to change it so it intercepts incoming rockets/projectiles. We can already shoot down incoming rockets, having the shoulder mounted launcher absorb one rocket every x seconds would actually be fairly useful.

Cat Party

I actually like the shoulder mounted missile launcher on the Destroyer, but I'm absolutely terrified to use it since it still triggers "Missle Launcher" kills in the kill log. Even though Bioware supposedly fixed the Missle glitch and they said it shows up as a different string in their parsers, I just don't want to risk an uninformed player reporting me or even putting my account at risk.

I use it selectively, it's basically a free stagger/damage while I'm unloading with a Typhoon. I'm curious if it actually fires off when capturing objectives too.

To be honest, if I had to make one change to the shoulder mounted missile launcher, it would be to change it so it intercepts incoming rockets/projectiles. We can already shoot down incoming rockets, having the shoulder mounted launcher absorb one rocket every x seconds would actually be fairly useful.

The missile glitch is gone. You can't do it anymore. Don't worry about it.

Sai

Bad Eek! BAD!!

The Missile Launcher is BAD!!

Nothing can make those maps good

Absolutely nothing
If folks set up shot near the cargo area on Rio, with all the ammo crates, you can do really do some damage there.

I don't understand why most people stay in the middle.

Mindlog

Does anyone have a good aggressive Paladin build for Gold/Plat?

I'm thinking this with some weapon that will give me well over +100% CD (I have lots of good choices.)

My current Sentinel is aggressive and effective. However, I don't use incinerate enough and now I'm optimizing.

X-Frame

I still don't have a Harrier, or a Typhoon. Really all I want is gear and haven't had much luck with that.

Same here. I have neither.

I would love to max my Uncommon gear items, since a lot are pretty good. If spamming Vet Packs are the "best" way to do that I will start doing that soon, plus I'll get a lot of consumables which I'm running low on. Win win.

I would love a Harrier or Typhoon though but my UR luck has been terrible.

EekTheKat

Bad Eek! BAD!!

The Missile Launcher is BAD!!

If folks set up shot near the cargo area on Rio, with all the ammo crates, you can do really do some damage there.

To me my Demolisher with a Typhoon III kills everything anyway, the missile launcher is basically just a free bonus stagger. I still have some grenades for extreme close situations.

Omega

Banned
Nothing can make those maps good

Absolutely nothing

Sai is right.

Rio sucks with objectives though. Other than that the other 8 rounds are easy as hell. I think there's 3 ammo crates in that cargo area.

I actually like Goddess. Maybe it depends on who you play it with? I play with a few people who love Goddess and that's all they play and we finish most Gold matches in 20 minutes or so.

Xevren

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 31, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

N7 Typhoon Assault Rifle
- Damage multiplier when fully ramped up decreased from [2.0x] to [1.5x]

N7 Indra Sniper Rifle
- Damage increased from [62.6-78.2] to [72.6-92.2]

Prothean Particle Beam Assault Rifle
- Damage increased from [17.2-21.4] to [19.2-25.8]

Smash Power
- Base cooldown increased from 5 to 8 seconds

Devastator Mode Power
- Base rate of fire bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Incinerate Power
- Base damage increased from 300 to 330

Carnage Power
- Base damage increased from 315 to 350

Pull
- Impact damage for all kits with pull is now 100 to match Asari Justicar
- Rank 3 duration bonus increased from 40% to 50%
- Evolve 1 duration bonus increased from 50% to 100%
- Evolve 2 radius bonus increased from 2m to 2.5m
- Evolve 3 lifted damage per second increased from 20 to 75
- Evolve 4 extra damage done to targets increased from 25% to 30%
- Evolve 5 biotic combo damage bonus increased from 50% to 75%
- Evolve 6 recharge bonus increased from 60% to 150%

Gold and Platinum Difficulties
- Enemy shield/barrier damage gates on weapon damage reduced from 100% to 90%, which
means 10% of the remaining weapon damage after impacting shields/barriers will pass
through to health.

Piranha is safe for another week, while the Typhoon gets hit again!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Does anyone have a good aggressive Paladin build for Gold/Plat?

I'm thinking this with some weapon that will give me well over +100% CD (I have lots of good choices.)

My current Sentinel is aggressive and effective. However, I don't use incinerate enough and now I'm optimizing.
Thats pretty much my exact build.

I go for Cryo Explosion over Duration and Slow. In the Fitness tree, I go for melee damage and Flame shield instead too.

Duration and Slow don't really mean too much for me. I never notice the slowing effect and the Duration doesn't really attract me because Snap Freeze is the finisher to most of my combos.

Melee damage is big because most things that my shield doesn't kill will be hurt, on fire, and ready to be fire exploded after that animation is over. I want to like the Cryo Shield a lot. I really do, but the Armor reduction thing just doesn't have as much of an impact as it should and most of all - Incinerate is still broken, so you can't double up damage on chilled enemies like you should be doing. Energy Drain + Cryo Shield is amazing vs phantoms, but it just isn't enough.

Also, I'm loving the build with Mattock X + Incendiary ammo. Lightweight, you can gauge the damage you're doing to enemies and set them up well since its not an automatic weapon or a true heavy hitting weapon. Makes setting up explosions a breeze and the recharge rate is amazingly low - moreso if you go for weight reduction over weapon damage (you'll be doing the bulk of your damage with your powers/melee anyways).

Just make sure you're hosting.

ALWAYS host if you're a paladin. ED damage reduction only works if you're host - and it makes Geth free.

Sai

That's all they're doin' for the Particle Rifle? Booo~

Sadface @ the Devastator Mode 'n Typhoon nerfs. Happyface @ everything else—especially the Indra buff.

Now get to work on that Missile Launcher, Bioware.

Cat Party

Fuck off BW. I get a typhoon and the next day you nerf it again. My desire to play the game keep really gets hurt when it feels like a shell game. Maybe I'll get a Harrier just in time for that to be nerfed too!

DY_nasty

That Rate of Fire nerf cuts me deep. Smash just got hammered too lol

Pull got a massive buff though. Wow.

Piranha III to IX and the justicar pistol II to IX in one day.....and lots.....lots of ammo cards in PSP packs. They lower the drop rates of earth characters?

Ugh i wish they would stop nerfing stuff that is perfectly fine as it is. Just getting to grips with the destroyers and its getting nerfed already

rozay

Banned
It's just completely boggling that they feel they need to nerf items that most players will probably never get (ultra-rares)

Pull buffs make it worth going to rank 6 now? Always went 4 on drell, 3 on justicar in exchange for fitness.

Not too concerned about the smash nerf because it was too spammable. Didn't make sense to me to have such a powerful ability cooldown that quick and have lash's cooldown be similarly long. Definitely have to play the class a little safer now.

edit: hahaha wtf the typhoon damage is close to the revenant now, at least I got to experience sheer shooting bliss. fuck this game

exYle

WHY WOULD THEY NERF SMASH?!

Look at all the stuff they missed:

- Slayer buff
- Piranha nerf (a gun that arguably actually needs a nerf)
- Missile Launcher buff

DY_nasty

Smash Nerf was coming. It was one of the best skills in the game. And it went through walls. That Pull buff is making me rethink my Justicar build entirely now.

I don't know about a Piranha nerf though... It only really shines once its leveled all the way up and for all the damage it does, its really situational.

Omega

Banned
Smash Nerf was coming. It was one of the best skills in the game. And it went through walls. That Pull buff is making me rethink my Justicar build entirely now.

I don't know about a Piranha nerf though... It only really shines once its leveled all the way up and for all the damage it does, its really situational.

So does Biotic/Electric Slash. They even go farther. Are they not as strong?

Smash nerf sucks. That's gonna hurt platinum farming a lot

I bet thats the reasoning behind it, They cant let people get easy credits like that.

From their standpoint they worked hard to make a new difficulty that they claimed would be impossible for people to easily farm.

Then 2 days after release 20 min farming videos on youtube.

I cant respect bioware enough for the DLC content they have supported ME3 with but these pointless and abundant nerfs are ridiculous, by all means patch out bugs but when you are killing players fun because half of the effect classes have been nerfed to shit and gold/platinum are beyond fun and just a hard slog people will stop playing.

ME3 multiplayer is a very simple system but its been adopted by the community so much.

Play 2+ games, Buy pack, Roll Dice, Repeat.

When you start fucking with it so people have to play 5+ games on lower difficulty then people are going to get pissed.

Omega

Banned
People probably wouldn't farm if the store system wasn't so shit.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't play 2 games and buy a pack. I don't really spend my credits that much. I already have all the classes and weapons I'm interested in.

I have like 5 million credits right now that I've saved up during the past week or so. I see no point in spending credits to get Human Male Adept for the 400th time or some other useless character/weapon.

Bisnic

So does Biotic/Electric Slash. They even go farther. Are they not as strong?

Nah, i can spam Smash and easily kill a gold Atlas through walls. Can't really say the same with Electric Slash on my Shadow...

By the way, anyone here get disconnected and sent back to the main menu half the time they buy a pack? I still get and see the content when i come back to the multiplayer menu, but shit is fucking annoying. I wonder if its a ME3 issue or a Origin/ME3 issue at this point...

Also the volume is really low in this game compared to everything else on my PC, even with everything maxed, what's the problem?

Edit : Found the fix for the sound problem, yay.

Nori Chan

N7 SHADOW FROM THE VICTORY PACK

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKK YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAA

and hurrican IV

SUCK IT DY

plus 10 medigels total <3

Also anybody got suggestions for Shadow builds?

Cat Party

Crusader is a fun gun that just doesn't cut it on higher levels. It is super accurate with good damage, but it's just too heavy and slow. It's only useful if you can consistently get headshots with it. I find the Valiant does the same job better for the most part. But it makes a cool sound and its shots feel powerful, so it's fun to use.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I got a brand new N7 Slayer, and FINALLY got the Valiant, the only CE weapon I was missing for so long.

And damn it BioWare, did you REALLY have to mess up the Destroyer/Typhoon combo? In a game dominated by Infiltrators and biotic explosions? And hit the Typhoon for the second week in a row when it's an Ultra Rare and weighs a brick? C'mon man.

Sai

What is "better" .. increasing Shield Strength of just more Shields (%)?
?... Ain't that the same thing?

Or are you referring to the rate at which shields begin to regenerate?

If so, I think higher shield regeneration rates works great for the Human Vanguards; constant Novas. It's also great for the Justicar while she's in her Barrier, makes it nigh-impossible for her health to be touched when her shields keep instantly coming back.

X-Frame

?... Ain't that the same thing?

Or are you referring to the rate at which shields begin to regenerate?

There are 2 gear I can choose from. One is the Juggernaut Shield which increases the Shield Strength by X% .. and then the regular Shield Booster which increases the amount of shields by X%.

I assume if you have someone like a Krogan with a lot of shields than Shield Booster would be more worthwhile since that same % yields more shields, but then again if the Kroguard has 1850 shields then increasing the shield strength of all 1850 by X% might be even better.

I just don't know what or how to quantify Shield Strength without just assuming it is making my shields more durable.

Bisnic

Crusader III and some junk consumables. Still missing a Hurricane I.

My manifest.

Be honest, do you ever use your consumables? Ever? I mean, its ridiculous how much you have. I could steal 75% of what you have and you would still have a lot left. And how the hell do you have 17 reset powers? Manifest glitch because you have way too much stuff? :p

Top Bottom