• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Cat Party

I think it's the same thing. Shields are just a numerical value. 100, 500, 800, 1200, etc. Adding 10% is the same as increasing the strength by 10%

Sai

There are 2 gear I can choose from. One is the Juggernaut Shield which increases the Shield Strength by X% .. and then the regular Shield Booster which increases the amount of shields by X%.

I assume if you have someone like a Krogan with a lot of shields than Shield Booster would be more worthwhile since that same % yields more shields, but then again if the Kroguard has 1850 shields then increasing the shield strength of all 1850 by X% might be even better.

I just don't know what or how to quantify Shield Strength without just assuming it is making my shields more durable.
Yeah, same thing.

Shield Booster - Shield Strength +10%/15%/20%/25%/30%

Juggernaut Shield - Shield Strength +6%/10%/14%/17%/20% & Melee Damage: +3%/5%/7%/8.5%/10%

Ji66a-Man

Be honest, do you ever use your consumables? Ever? I mean, its ridiculous how much you have. I could steal 75% of what you mean and you would still have a lot left. And how the hell do you have 17 reset powers? Manifest glitch because you have way too much stuff? :p

I always use my consumables. Since all my weapons (except promotionals) are maxed out, consumables are all I get now. Except for the Earth DLC gear that have lower drop rates than Ultra Rares. I used to have over 50 Reset Power cards before the 5/16 balance change that made Reset Powers Uncommon and capped to 3.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I always use my consumables. Since all my weapons (except promotionals) are maxed out, consumables are all I get now. Except for the Earth DLC gear that have lower drop rates than Ultra Rares. I used to have over 50 Reset Power cards before the 5/16 balance change that made Reset Powers Uncommon and capped to 3.

Ah i see.

You still have too much stuff lol. Give me half your consumables. Please? :p I have 0 or 1 in everything. :(

EekTheKat

Valiant V lol

Sucks...I kind of wanted a hurricane. Currently sporting a UL modded Paladin on my Fury (which surprisingly works out very well).

X-Frame

I think it's the same thing. Shields are just a numerical value. 100, 500, 800, 1200, etc. Adding 10% is the same as increasing the strength by 10%

Yeah, same thing.

Shield Booster - Shield Strength +10%/15%/20%/25%/30%

Juggernaut Shield - Shield Strength +6%/10%/14%/17%/20% & Melee Damage: +3%/5%/7%/8.5%/10%

Thanks guys. It makes sense, I was just curious if it meant something different or else why wouldn't BW use the same wording? 2 different developers most likely, haha.

EekTheKat

BAD EEK! BAD, BAD, BAD!!

well, that's a bit out of context, I mean it's a good rifle, and it was really, really cool months ago when I first wanted it....

I'm also in the no Hurricane club too. IIRC I think that's the last weapon that I'm missing.

but these days I prefer the Black Widow over the Valiant on my snipers. Can't explain why exactly, since I suspect Valiant V probably outclasses the BW II that I had.

I hardly ever play snipers anymore though, Suicide Fury is taking all my attention these days. Super high risk, super high reward, and it's hilarious running circles around an Atlas and teleporting away when you see them wind up for a missile.

I got the Fury in my pack today. I did the 6/6/6/4/4 build but man is it hard to play. I try to rush enemies and wait for AF to hit them so I can use throw on them, but on gold the enemies take me out so fast I cant get near them.

rozay

Banned
Here's a video showing how to use the Fury (solo gold reapers):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6MzjiR1zA

Build the guy used:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#05RKOFFq9@0ME@@O4L4@0@0

He/she uses a Piranha but any lighter gun will work as well. All you need the gun to do is to get whoever you're targeting to roll so they won't roll again when you use throw on them, and the piranha has really wide spread that triggers rolls really easily.

Take advantage of being able to teleport through walls with the roll button. If you want to go forward, it's easiest to use a heavy melee rather than accidentally taking cover on the wall in front of you.

Mindlog

The first Typhoon 'nerf' was more of a fix. Penetrating 1m was a bit much.
I hardly ever play snipers anymore though, Suicide Fury is taking all my attention these days. Super high risk, super high reward, and it's hilarious running circles around an Atlas and teleporting away when you see them wind up for a missile.
I have trouble using any Sniper Rifle these days. They need a massive buff that would break them on lower difficulty levels. I've used my Black Widow VIII and Indra IX just because I have them so high. It's silly that when my Devastator is fully specced for + sniper damage I still end up switching back to my Harrier by Wave 5. The Harrier makes my Indra look a waste of time/backup weapon at best.

Back-to-back, Eagles.
Victory Pack gave me Warp Ammo IV.

Mindlog

Here's a video showing how to use the Fury (solo gold reapers):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6MzjiR1zA

Build the guy used:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#05RKOFFq9@0ME@@O4L4@0@0
This post reminded me that I haven't tested my Fury build on Gold yet. I have went with something similar except on Dark Channel 6 I have Pierce and I went N7 Fury 5 (Power Damage) instead of Fitness 4.

First test:
Glacier - Unknown - Gold
Piranha (Choke + EB), AP IV, Adrenaline Mod III, Shotgun II, Stronghold Package V
Join game in-progress (Wave 1) vs Reapers.

21m clear, 170k+ points.
Test 1... successful.
Why haven't I been playing this class more?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Fury + any vanguard is godlike

Dark Channel is mob cancer and if the Fury is feeling up to tagging along into the fray, AF just makes the entire encounter a joke.

rozay

Banned
This post reminded me that I haven't tested my Fury build on Gold yet. I have went with something similar except on Dark Channel 6 I have Pierce and I went N7 Fury 5 (Power Damage) instead of Fitness 4.

First test:
Glacier - Unknown - Gold
Piranha (Choke + EB), AP IV, Adrenaline Mod III, Shotgun II, Stronghold Package V
Join game in-progress (Wave 1) vs Reapers.

21m clear, 170k+ points.
Test 1... successful.
Why haven't I been playing this class more?
I'm running a 6 AF, 6 throw, 3 DC, 0 passive and 3 fitness (haven't figured out how to spend the 30 points). Haven't had any trouble surviving on gold, really. Geth become a cakewalk when every enemy heals your shields.

Bisnic

I love using the Ex-Cerberus class against Cerberus. Everything can be thrown in the air with Lash except an Atlas. And if a Phantom decide to block my 1st attempt? Wait 3 secs and try again and there goes the flying Phantom which i can just shoot while they're confused. *evil grin*

Loving Paladin so much, it is the ultimate counter to Phantoms. The melee it has launches like throw/pull/lash.

Dropped the cryo shield and stuck it into incinerate for 6 points, for a long range damage spike.

keeth

Neo Member
Well, that was weird. Joined a silver lobby, match started.. couldn't see any enemies, or updates on who's killing what. Then when I (inevitably) get downed, the revive ring appeared, and stayed up - even though I "bled to death" instantly!

Lag? Weird server hiccough? Strange!

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah, Fuck this game.
Demolisher and Valiant. I had Demolisher already and i'm not a big fan of snipers, even if Valiant is good (besides, i prefer Widow VII i have). And my 3 PSPs gave me Scorpion II and Kishok V, yeah no thanks.
Guess i won't be playing any more ME3 MP, unless we actually get some more DLC.
Fucking hate getting screwed by RNG so often...

Fury + any vanguard is godlike

Dark Channel is mob cancer and if the Fury is feeling up to tagging along into the fray, AF just makes the entire encounter a joke.
its now the best.class in the game imo. dark channel is awesome and just keeps going. AF is also fantastix as its always on.

paired with a piranha this class is unstoppable on gold.

the new n7 classes are fantastic.

Woorloog

Banned
Scratch whatever i said, maybe i'll try my Batarian Sentinel a bit more.

Just need to take both Submission Net and Shockwave...

Got the N7 Devastator in my pack = fantastic! such an amazing class but damn me he needs a demolisher as support just for ammo boxes.

The fire rate thing is the best perk. Also, 1850 Shields is just fantastic. I pair him with movement speed 2 and 15% shields to make him the ultimate tank.

With Armor Piercing Rounds III i can destroy an atlas on Gold in 2 clips with my Piranha.

Only got a N7 Hurricane as my weapon...just hunting down a typhoon and ill be very happy.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Didn't post this last night since I went to bed, but man, the Valiant I is pretty amazing - I never looked it up or saw a video of it in action, but it outclasses my Black Widow III in everything except for raw damage, where it only exceeds it by an insignificant amount per shot.

Almost no recoil unlike the BW, almost double the spare ammo, can shoot it faster so I'm guaranteed to get all of the shots within the Cloak window, and reloads in almost an instant.

I haven't sniped in months regardless, but if I ever do, it'll be with the Valiant instead of the BW III, I even revived my Salarian Infiltrator just to build him around a sniper since my GI money maker is for my Harrier/Claymore.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still love the Claymore. Certain weapons are just so reliable. If they keep sticking to balance in such a way (clip/damage, DPS/accuracy, etc) then I have no issue.

exYle

Got the N7 Devastator in my pack = fantastic! such an amazing class but damn me he needs a demolisher as support just for ammo boxes.

The fire rate thing is the best perk. Also, 1850 Shields is just fantastic. I pair him with movement speed 2 and 15% shields to make him the ultimate tank.

With Armor Piercing Rounds III i can destroy an atlas on Gold in 2 clips with my Piranha.

Only got a N7 Hurricane as my weapon...just hunting down a typhoon and ill be very happy.

N7 Destroyer, Devastator Mode, N7 Demolisher... this is all so terribly confusing

Bisnic

I think I got the name.wrong then, maybe its destroyer? the one with the missile turrets and frag grenades.

Yeah Destroyer is the walking tank with grenades and ugly red HUD. Don't touch their missiles though. You better max everything else than take them.

Yeah Destroyer is the walking tank with grenades and ugly red HUD. Don't touch their missiles though. You better max everything else than take them.

Yep did that. the dude is a walking monster who tears everything apart with grenades and weapons.

I didnt touch the missiles and maxed everything else.

Just need a typhoon now.

dunno WHY that screen is there on the bottom right - it serves ZERO purpose at all. At first i thought it would see through smoke - no, nothing.

nel e nel

Didn't post this last night since I went to bed, but man, the Valiant I is pretty amazing - I never looked it up or saw a video of it in action, but it outclasses my Black Widow III in everything except for raw damage, where it only exceeds it by an insignificant amount per shot.

Almost no recoil unlike the BW, almost double the spare ammo, can shoot it faster so I'm guaranteed to get all of the shots within the Cloak window, and reloads in almost an instant.

I haven't sniped in months regardless, but if I ever do, it'll be with the Valiant instead of the BW III, I even revived my Salarian Infiltrator just to build him around a sniper since my GI money maker is for my Harrier/Claymore.

Valiant was my go-to for my Infiltrator in the campaign.

Bisnic

What's that miniscreen on the destroyer hud for anyways?

I heard someone says its supposed to act like the Missile Launcher camera... but its still there even when you dont put a single point into the skill and why would you need to see what it sees anyway? It's always looking in the same direction as you. It's just pointless.

Valiant was my go-to for my Infiltrator in the campaign.

There is no N7 weapons in the campaign... or are they exclusive to the collector edition? Also, i never saw the Saber in the campaign.

Bisnic

I've been getting no weapons at all in my packs

Last pack i bought, I got two cryo rounds IV

TWO

Weird, consumables IV are so rare that i was starting to believe that the RNG was prioritizing weapons and characters before consumables IV. My first PSPs after the DLC release always had either an Acolyte, a Piranha or both of them and they were the only rare weapons left for me to max back then.

exYle

Weird, consumables IV are so rare that i was starting to believe that the RNG was prioritizing weapons and characters before consumables IV. My first PSPs always had either an Acolyte, a Piranha or both of them and they were the only rare weapons left for me to max back then.

That was my impression as well. I got my first AP Ammo IV yesterday, which was almost my first level IV consumable.

Cat Party

I've yet to get a level IV consumable. I only have three rare weapons at X though, so I still have plenty of other things to get.

But I did finally get my Hurricane! It's just flat out amazing on a Turian (either class, really). I'm sure it's great on the Destroyer too but I haven't tried it yet.

Woorloog

Banned
There is no N7 weapons in the campaign... or are they exclusive to the collector edition? Also, i never saw the Saber in the campaign.

CE weapons. They make most weapons worthless until you start getting better weapons in the single player.
The Saber is hidden and requires a bit of backtracking, very late in the campaign.

Bisnic

I've yet to get a level IV consumable. I only have three rare weapons at X though, so I still have plenty of other things to get.

But I did finally get my Hurricane! It's just flat out amazing on a Turian (either class, really). I'm sure it's great on the Destroyer too but I haven't tried it yet.

If you ever get the stability mod for SMGs, its great on the Hurricane. My mod is at V, and it basically make my Hurricane the perfect rapid fire weapon for medium range now. Long range would still require a sniper or pistol though, unless its a huge target like an Atlas.

Xevren

I just wish you'd be more likely to get gear over lvl 4 consumables. Usually I start taking breaks when I stop getting new stuff, so unless they change it so gear comes out more frequently I guess it's time to play some other stuff.

rozay

Banned
Weird, consumables IV are so rare that i was starting to believe that the RNG was prioritizing weapons and characters before consumables IV. My first PSPs after the DLC release always had either an Acolyte, a Piranha or both of them and they were the only rare weapons left for me to max back then.
I was getting shit tons of rare gear but now I'm consistently getting psps with only consumables. Think that means it's time to stop buying for me :/

At least I got my grenade gear this round. All I really want are the last 3 ranks of barrage upgrade and mental focuser (uncommon, so never getting this lol).

Gui_PT

Yeah I'm losing interest in the game because of these stupid PSP's

I'm sick of spending my credits and getting useless mods when I'm missing like 5 or 6 weapons

Top Bottom