• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

What's the good Demolisher build?

6 25%ammo regen,+2 grenades,+Power Boost
6 power grenades,10 secs electric damage,more power against shields
6 power grenades,10 secs fire damge,power power against armor
6 power,power,power
0 Butterflies

Finally got the Shadow, any tips for using her?

Sai

Finally got the Shadow, any tips for using her?
6 on Cloak: Damage, Melee Damage, Bonus Power
3 on Electric Slash
6 on Shadow Strike: Damage, Electric Damage, Damage
5 on N7 Shadow: Damage & Capacity, Power Damage
6 on Sword Mastery: Sword Damage, Martial Artist, Shield Damage

That's my build. Because she's so squishy, most tend to go for Duration on Cloak, and Shield Drain for Shadow Strike—kinda gives her a pseudo-Charge... But, I wanted to get the most possible damage out of every swing. Armor Damage for Sword Mastery also seems to be favored over Shield Damage, as she doesn't deal damage to armor quite as well... Honestly, I chose Shield Damage for aesthetic reasons. She's got the Electric Slash, the Electric Damage for her Shadow Strike, and the zip-zappin' from the Melee Stunner Mod on her Pistol... I just wanted to keep things consistent. :p

Give her a Pistol for the aforementioned Melee Stunner Mod—doesn't really matter which as long as you keep that cooldown at 200%... If you have the Hydraulic Joints Gear, make sure that's equipped when you use her. With both the Hydraulic Joints, and Melee Stunner Mod at V, that's 15% and 25% bonus on your already impressive melee damage. Then you can throw some Strength Enhancer I-III(+25%/50%/100% Melee Damage) consumables to bolster it even further... Adrenaline Modules'll make it a bit easier for her to make an escape after a Shadow Strike.

But how is the ideal use for her? tech combos or just wait and kill unshielded enemies? its a support or offensive class?

I will restart my infiltrators to test her in all difficulties

Sai

I use her purely offensively, because she can dish out such obscene damage when she's equipped right... That said, Electric Slash can be very beneficial for wearing down groups of enemies from a distance, detonating Tech Explosions—which you can help prime every once in a while with some Disruptor, or Incendiary Rounds.

My Shadow I almost use electric slash exclusively. Hide behind a wall and ES any enemies that comes near you. It has crazy range and you only have to aim in the general area. I get so many kills on gold without ever taking any damage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My Shadow I almost use electric slash exclusively. Hide behind a wall and ES any enemies that comes near you. It has crazy range and you only have to aim in the general area. I get so many kills on gold without ever taking any damage.

It sucks for big targets like Atlas though. I might have to spam Electric Slash over 30 times on that thing to die. I would rather use Cloak + Shadow Strike + run and hide and repeat until dead.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It sucks for big targets like Atlas though. I might have to spam Electric Slash over 30 times on that thing to die. I would rather use Cloak + Shadow Strike + run and hide and repeat until dead.

Yeah, they SUCK against Banshees/Primes/Atlases... Unless you spec them completely against Electric Slash and pour damage into Shadow Strike - then you do insane damage, but your survivability plummets.

Its a great class though. Wish all classes had an either/or type of balance instead of THIS IS THE BEST BUILD OR UR DUM setups.

Yeah, they SUCK against Banshees/Primes/Atlases... Unless you spec them completely against Electric Slash and pour damage into Shadow Strike - then you do insane damage, but your survivability plummets.

Its a great class though. Wish all classes had an either/or type of balance instead of THIS IS THE BEST BUILD OR UR DUM setups.

Yeah I did 6 points into ES and you can just wreck shit. I played gold on glacier with another guy that had the same build and we stayed in the control room and just destroyed everything. It was the easiest gold run I have had yet. I am really worried that Bioware is going to nerf it soon.

exYle

Yeah I did 6 points into ES and you can just wreck shit. I played gold on glacier with another guy that had the same build and we stayed in the control room and just destroyed everything. It was the easiest gold run I have had yet. I am really worried that Bioware is going to nerf it soon.

I don't think ES is due for a nerf anytime soon. The armor damage is pitiful.

I don't think ES is due for a nerf anytime soon. The armor damage is pitiful.

I hate how bioware nerfs anything that anyone starts to use or enjoy. Fair enough glitches etc - but nerfing the Krysae just made it unusable. I wonder how many people use the krysae post glitch?

Seriously - it is such a pointless gun now, they removed everything about it that made it fun.

Lowering the damage? fine, but damage PLUS rate of fire? inexcusable. Its not PVP so there is no real point of removing so many features of the gun.

DY_nasty

I hate how bioware nerfs anything that anyone starts to use or enjoy. Fair enough glitches etc - but nerfing the Krysae just made it unusable. I wonder how many people use the krysae post glitch?

Seriously - it is such a pointless gun now, they removed everything about it that made it fun.

Lowering the damage? fine, but damage PLUS rate of fire? inexcusable. Its not PVP so there is no real point of removing so many features of the gun.

Sai still puts in gdlk work with it.

The gun was a howitzer before. It had no flaws to speak of. It all goes back to their money system and how they define "balance"

I love how they turned the Hurricane around. The Krysae is just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Bisnic

Krysae needed nerfs. I could aim above the head of any enemy, and my bullets would still hit(no need to carefully aim at all), WHILE doing great damage and shooting at a decent speed + the bullets can explode. Maybe they went too far, but they had to do something. I never had to worry about getting killed with that weapon.

exYle

Krysae needed nerfs. I could aim above the head of any enemy, and my bullets would still hit(no need to carefully aim at all), WHILE doing great damage and shooting at a decent speed + the bullets can explode. Maybe they went too far, but they had to do something. I never had to worry about getting killed with that weapon.

Really? I remember playing a Cerberus Gold match with the Krysae VIII pre-nerf and the Atlases gave me so much damn trouble. All the bosses units did, other than Phantoms.

X-Frame

I want to start spamming Vet Packs to max out Uncommon Gear but I feel that Uncommon Gear is bugged. I get more Rare Gear than I do Uncommon.

So I'd prefer not to waste credits. There is a thread on BSN about it and I suppose it would be wise to wait if they make a statement. There are already Earth DLC Gear not included in the DLC and will be released via patch, so maybe it makes sense to wait and just shoot for Ultra-Rares.

they went way too far, the gun is unusable now.

Bisnic

Really? I remember playing a Cerberus Gold match with the Krysae VIII pre-nerf and the Atlases gave me so much damn trouble. All the bosses units did, other than Phantoms.

Well its been a while, but i mostly used it for Geth Gold White. I was camping down below outside and could kill anything that wasn't a Prime before they got down the stairs. :lol

I havent really bothered with snipers since then. What makes snipers good in the campaign is the little slowdown everytime you aim that gives you enough time to do a headshot. But you dont have that in multiplayer, so i miss way too often.

Samara

Someone please tell me how to use the Acolyte pistol. No matter what I do, it just skids across the floor and AWAY from the target.

I mean the damage looks good but, I don't understand it.

Sai

they went way too far, the gun is unusable now.
It's gone from God's Finger, to simply a powerful weapon. You're over exaggerating.

Someone please tell me how to use the Acolyte pistol. No matter what I do, it just skids across the floor and AWAY from the target.

It took a few games for me to get used to it as well. It may help to think of it's projectiles as more like grenades.

It's hardly a top-tier weapon, but it packs a decent punch if it hits. And it's nice that, because it's so light, you can maintain a 200% cooldown while it's equipped alongside the Disciple.

DY_nasty

Its NOT a weapon you head into a match alone with.

Never aim it directly at anything. Because of lag and teammates jumping in front of you and all sorts of other craziness, aim for the area - not for the target. And be sure to give it a wall or two to bounce off of ahead of time. I feel that helps me a lot. It just doesn't seem as "ready" when it doesn't get a bounce or two in before it reaches an enemy.

It has a huge shield/barrier damage multiplier so use it for stripping down Banshees and Primes quickly. Its uses outside of that are... limited in a bunch of ways. Its good for a stagger, spreading elementals because of its AOE, and beating cover - but because of its lightweight, you should never have to go into a match with just an acolyte.

Bisnic

Never aim it directly at anything. Because of lag and teammates jumping in front of you and all sorts of other craziness, aim for the area - not for the target. And be sure to give it a wall or two to bounce off of ahead of time. I feel that helps me a lot. It just doesn't seem as "ready" when it doesn't get a bounce or two in before it reaches an enemy.

It has a huge shield/barrier damage multiplier so use it for stripping down Banshees and Primes quickly. Its uses outside of that are... limited in a bunch of ways. Its good for a stagger, spreading elementals because of its AOE, and beating cover - but because of its lightweight, you should never have to go into a match with just an acolyte.

The first time i unlocked the Acolyte, i took it with no other guns on a gold match with my Justicar.

Lets say a lot of "WTF is this" happened. At least i could spam Reave. ._.

Cat Party

It's very cool to have someone on your squad with it who knows how to use it. It will take a banshee's barrier down on gold in two hits, I think.

lol @ the krysae being a "powerful weapon" now. the lowered power combined with the drastically decreased rate of fire has made it pointless.
since.the nerf,.ive seen maybe 2 guys using the rifle. before, it was the go to gun of choice.

ive got the krysae up to lvl 7 now and I still wont use it.

DY_nasty

lol @ the krysae being a "powerful weapon" now. the lowered power combined with the drastically decreased rate of fire has made it pointless.
since.the nerf,.ive seen maybe 2 guys using the rifle. before, it was the go to gun of choice.

ive got the krysae up to lvl 7 now and I still wont use it.

Sai has been rocking on Gold with it no problem...

It just isn't a lightweight, rapid-fire, orbital missile platform anymore like it used to be.

Samara

It's gone from God's Finger, to simply a powerful weapon. You're over exaggerating.

It took a few games for me to get used to it as well. It may help to think of it's projectiles as more like grenades.

It's hardly a top-tier weapon, but it packs a decent punch if it hits. And it's nice that, because it's so light, you can maintain a 200% cooldown while it's equipped alongside the Disciple.

alright Ill see hhow it goes. Took me a while to learn that I had to charge the damn thing ><

Sai has been rocking on Gold with it no problem...

It just isn't a lightweight, rapid-fire, orbital missile platform anymore like it used to be.

No idea who sai is, you seem to mention him a lot.

Lightweight? it never was that. It was never rapid fire either it fired at a normal rate. Now it just takes too long.

I have to use the black widow II as my sniper rifle which is decent but not ideal. If they nerf the piranha ill be down to only one gun i find useful (Carnifex VII)

exYle

No idea who sai is, you seem to mention him a lot.

???

image.php

DY_nasty

I mention all the GAF ppl I play with

i just wish that certain people wouldn't pick BF3 soldiers

I hate how there's no limit for the N7 score, it's caused people to be real doucebags. I have an N7 of 207, overtime I want to play gold I get into a lobby of guys with 5000 and they kick me. It's like they think a high N7 automatically makes you amazing. It doesn't, I've seen people with 4 figure N7 scores suck worse than a guy with three figure N7 scores. Other than that it's pretty fun, I love the geth infiltrator.

Mindlog

Weird: I used a rocket to save myself while getting hugged by a Banshee. Lag working against magic hands for a change. Also, got my first late game 5 Waves Survived Medal with a completely random pub Platinum group.
I hate how there's no limit for the N7 score, it's caused people to be real doucebags. I have an N7 of 207, overtime I want to play gold I get into a lobby of guys with 5000 and they kick me. It's like they think a high N7 automatically makes you amazing. It doesn't, I've seen people with 4 figure N7 scores suck worse than a guy with three figure N7 scores. Other than that it's pretty fun, I love the geth infiltrator.
That happens to me as well. I'm an N7 300 and in the lobby I've had N7 5000+ players tell me how bad my setup was. Tired of Platinum lobby hopping I once made a pre-match guarantee to one of these players that I would top the scoreboard. I easily topped the scoreboard.

@ Bisnic, condolences. That's more Particle Rifle than me. I have my Harrier at VIII which I just discovered gives me a Pylon recast of 13 seconds. It's the exact amount of time I wanted on my Demolisher. If I cast as soon as the cooldown circle disappears it's 4 grenades every time.

Bisnic

Players with a N7 rating above 1000 dont give a shit about my lowly 390 thankfully. But then again i do not dare to touch Platinum with pugs, maybe they're more tolerant on Gold than over there.

We're going to be working this weekend for the fastest platinum time with the Piranha.

So far we've gotten 11:30-ish. Not going to post it except for a screen shot in fear of nerfing lol.

Wave 7 is proving to be the most difficult as far as managing the amount of time it takes - the Geth Hunters and Phantoms immediately move as soon as they spawn, which makes it hard to get killstreaks.

Top Bottom