• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

rozay

Banned
PC version seems 800 times as buggy as the 360 version. Two days of play and I've already had more crashes to windows than I ever did on the 360, and now after leaving the lobby of my first completed gold game the credits and exp disappeared. Not sure if I even want to bother playing this or not.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nuts. I couldn't count how many hours I've put into the PC version, and I may have had it crash only once. I say "may" just to cover the possibility of a crash, as I honestly don't remember one. Also never lost credits/xp after finishing a match. I remember that being a bug once upon a time, but I thought they fixed it.

exYle

PC version seems 800 times as buggy as the 360 version. Two days of play and I've already had more crashes to windows than I ever did on the 360, and now after leaving the lobby of my first completed gold game the credits and exp disappeared. Not sure if I even want to bother playing this or not.

Your Xbox crashes to Windows?

rozay

Banned
Your Xbox crashes to Windows?
No, just plain old game freezes while you stare in disbelief. On the PC, you can alt tab out to discover a "Mass Effect 3 has stopped working" message, on the 360 you just have to turn it off. :mad:

Nuts. I couldn't count how many hours I've put into the PC version, and I may have had it crash only once. I say "may" just to cover the possibility of a crash, as I honestly don't remember one. Also never lost credits/xp after finishing a match. I remember that being a bug once upon a time, but I thought they fixed it.
Does it take an extraordinary amount of time to load the store when you click it and sometimes a very long time to purchase a pack?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Does it take an extraordinary amount of time to load the store when you click it and sometimes a very long time to purchase a pack?

On and off I'll notice a slight delay, but nothing I'd call extraordinary. Every time I boot up the damn game and it wants to log into the EA servers to check my galactic readiness and that shit? That is a longer wait than it should be.

For most part Mass Effect 3's multiplayer has been really stable and generally bug free. The most reoccurring problem I've had is infinite load screen loops, usually on initial boot of the multiplayer mode. It happens rarely, but when it does I have to force close the program. Otherwise no actual crashes I can remember, nor any loss of credits/loot.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah me too, the PC version has been working fine, with only issues being, like EatChildren said, that it takes a little too long before i can access the main menu after booting the game since it takes like 20-30 seconds for the game to connect to EA servers and search for DLC. That's even worse than the game's ending! Which is pretty ridiculous considering how fast loadings are in the campaign or for loading a multiplayer map with 4 players.

The only other issue i have is how i have a small risk of getting disconnected(not crash) after buying a pack... it's a little annoying, but at least i dont lose any credits and still get the content of the pack.

I think since March, i can count on one hand the crashes to Windows i got. It really doesn't compare to the shit Skyrim PC had during the first months. :lol

But if you have that many problems... i dunno, that's PC gaming for you... a game can works fine for some and be a mess to others because of the difference in hardware, the only thing i can think of is :

1) Updating your drivers
If that doesn't work you can :
2) Try rebooting Origin, sometimes it helps solving some weird problems, at least it does for me.
If there is still no changes, you will have to :
3) Reinstall Origin or Mass Effect 3

Otherwise, i can't help you more than that or you will have to do some Google or *gasp* BSN technical support forum search. :p

Cat Party

What reload cancel?

When you are reloading a weapon, as soon as you see the numbers change in the clip on the screen (for a single shot weapon, it will change from 0 to 1), if you use a power (even a power that is not done cooling down), it will end the reload animation early, but you will have finished reloading. Usually, you want to use a power that isn't done cooling down, because then nothing will happen and you can shoot again right away.

I think I'm done with the multiplayer after this weekend =\

I still have a total of 110 things to unlock (counting every of the 10 levels/weapon and 5 levels/gear, not counting promotional stuff) and all I get is useless ammo or armor consumables

It's just ridiculous and makes me not want to play this anymore =\

Yeah, I stopped buying PSP for that

rozay

Banned
I'm glad the long ass loading when you enter the main menu isn't just my laptop sucking. I was worried it was a problem on my end.

Bisnic

I'm glad the long ass loading when you enter the main menu isn't just my laptop sucking. I was worried it was a problem on my end.

Yeah i'm not really sure what's the problem... i mean their servers are very fast to find lobbies or start a new multiplayer game, but connecting to them the first time? Nope. Gotta wait 20 seconds or so.

Mindlog

What reload cancel?
As soon as you see a round loaded the weapon is ready to use even though the animation is still playing. On consoles the easiest way to do it is use a power (for power heavy classes) or press A for slow/non-dodge classes. Video.

Operation Solo Gold Weekend has started.
Let Stentron inspire greatness.
No Slash Slayer Gold - 22:32.
Geth Infiltrator with Talon - 17:54.

nel e nel

Yeah i'm not really sure what's the problem... i mean their servers are very fast to find lobbies or start a new multiplayer game, but connecting to them the first time? Nope. Gotta wait 20 seconds or so.

Even worse if you accept an invite from a friend (360).

nel e nel: [accepts invite] "Sweet, I should just pop right in!"
ME3: [exit to Main Menu]
[load screen]
[Main Menu]
[select Multiplayer]
[load screen]
[Mulitplayer Menu]
[Select Character]
[OK, now you are in your friend's lobby]
nel e nel: [wakes] "wh...where am I?"

Cat Party

Even worse if you accept an invite from a friend (360).

nel e nel: [accepts invite] "Sweet, I should just pop right in!"
ME3: [exit to Main Menu]
[load screen]
[Main Menu]
[select Multiplayer]
[load screen]
[Mulitplayer Menu]
[Select Character]
[OK, now you are in your friend's lobby]
nel e nel: [wakes] "wh...where am I?"

Yup, shitty system. Many times, the match is full before I join, even when I am invited a second after the match is created.

Bisnic

Yup, shitty system. Many times, the match is full before I join, even when I am invited a second after the match is created.

That's why you create your lobby as private before inviting friends THEN turn it public after they're in.

Sai

Took care of the Squad Goal real quick with the Kroguard on Glacier/Geth/Gold. Can't believe how fast people swarmed into my lobby the moment I made it Public. XD

I've been using the Paladin while leveling up my Sentinel Class, and I'm having a lot more fun with him after watching others use him for so long. Juggernaut Shield Gear's ideal–have it at IV now, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get the last upgrade for it before I get the Class up to 20...

When that happens: Juggernaut Shield V + Cyclonic Modulator IV + Strength Enhancer III + N7 Hurricane VI w/ Stability 'n High-Velocity V mods & Incendiary Ammo IV = :D :D :D

Xevren

Took care of the Squad Goal real quick with the Kroguard on Glacier/Geth/Gold. Can't believe how fast people swarmed into my lobby the moment I made it Public. XD

I've been using the Paladin while leveling up my Sentinel Class, and I'm having a lot more fun with him after watching others use him for so long. Juggernaut Shield Gear's ideal–have it at IV now, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get the last upgrade for it before I get the Class up to 20...

When that happens: Juggernaut Shield V + Cyclonic Modulator IV + Strength Enhancer III + N7 Hurricane VI w/ Stability 'n High-Velocity V mods & Incendiary Ammo IV = :D :D :D

I am jealous of your Hurricane VI sir.

rozay

Banned
I am jealous of your Hurricane VI sir.
How I wish my xbox manifest was the same as my PC manifest. I miss my talon and hurricane so damn much.

2 days of PC and I can at least clear gold consistently with a drell adept, though. My best weapons are a Phalanx II and a Mattock II
LLShC.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Harrier I is a fucking cannon.

I've been stuck at I for weeks and its still my go-to weapon outside of my shotgun and pistol classes.

EatChildren

Played a bunch of public rounds. Pretty sure only two were obviously botched with consumables. At least one of them was clean. I think.

This would be much easier (solo aside) to gauge if there was an end round squad award for no consumables used.

Melchiah

Played a bunch of public rounds. Pretty sure only two were obviously botched with consumables. At least one of them was clean. I think.

This would be much easier (solo aside) to gauge if there was an end round squad award for no consumables used.

So, the whole team have to be without consumables?

Melchiah

Apparently the whole team has to refrain from using consumables, yeah.

FUUUUU!!! And I just promoted my Kroguard during the last weekend mission. I guess I have to max him again, and play a solo run, as there's no way of knowing whether someone uses a consumable.

Mindlog

The only reason I can see this objective making any sense: They want people to play conservatively. They want to discourage farming and aggressive play. DLC confirmed.

Bisnic

The only reason I can see this objective making any sense: They want people to play conservatively. They want to discourage farming and aggressive play. DLC confirmed.

Or it could make them realize the mode needs more information or details about what's going on.

rozay

Banned
Does not compute.

Harrier's only weakness is that its hard to get.
Yeah mediocre wasn't the right word, just not that versatile until the weight lessens after a few levels. I want to throw it on a drell adept and go to town.

Bugs aside, PC > 360. Being able to turn quickly, properly run around objects, actually hit things with a sniper rifle (this one is more because I suck with controllers) and mod the game to hide rocket launchers and separate the run, use and roll/cover buttons is glorious.

DY_nasty

Yeah mediocre wasn't the right word, just not that versatile until the weight lessens after a few levels. I want to throw it on a drell adept and go to town.

Bugs aside, PC > 360. Being able to turn quickly, properly run around objects, actually hit things with a sniper rifle (this one is more because I suck with controllers) and mod the game to hide rocket launchers and separate the run, use and roll/cover buttons is glorious.

It was made for the Justicar.

Warp Ammo / Reave / Bubble Traps / AP mod / Extended Clip

Shuck & Jive: The Mixtape

Bisnic

I don't like saying this, but welcome to the master race side. :p

DY_nasty

yeah, now that I don't have a hurricane VI i'm probably going to have to create a build around the harrier.

Try a Justicar build that doesn't utilize Pull at all. Pour all of those points into Fitness (Health). Reave will make you a tank. The Warp Ammo bonus will make the Harrier a laser. AP will stretch your ammo out. Clip extension will give you more out of your weapon. Bubble is just.... absolutely silly with Warp Ammo.

You can reave, rush, bubble trap, flash step back, empty a clip, and kill damn near anything in one or two runs unassisted on Gold.

Bisnic

Some Bioware guy said :

I have stated there is a patch coming, cant give the eta, but it isnt small

Hopefully there's a lot of those broken trees fixed, on top of the infamous Vanguard one.

Sajjaja

Man the N7 Slayer is an absolute beast. But seriously... lag is a vanguards worst enemy.

Otherwise I'm practically invincible.

Link please.

EatChildren

Got around to trying out the Quarian Male Engineer, whom I unlocked some time in the distant past yet never bothered to use. Gotta say, I'm really enjoying it. The targeting feature is a great way to buff damage against the uber enemies. Rapidly throwing out incinerate is nice too. I'm using the Saber, again a weapon I've had for ages yet ignored, and I'm enjoying the combo.

I find I'm one of those players who has no interesting learning and using the technical best builds and weapon/equipment combinations for the best classes. I'd rather give all weapons a go, and all kinds of classes, even the duds. I get a kick out of challenging myself to use those classes well and overcome their weaknesses. Diluting the game down to a formula (hello Geth farming) just to grind credits isn't the way I like to play. Tis boring to me.

And that's why I still use my falcon punching Batarian sentinel.

EDIT: This is also why every round I host/play has map and enemy set to random.

Omega

Banned
Man the N7 Slayer is an absolute beast. But seriously... lag is a vanguards worst enemy.

Otherwise I'm practically invincible.

so true. I only use him on host, but he should be called the N7 Destroyer. He's the best N7 character in my opinion.

Everyone thought he was garbage (I even asked way back if he was worth using and it was almost a unanimous no) but then Stentron (I think it was him) comes along and posts a video on YouTube and everyone gets all wet.

Melchiah

Now that I'm maxing my Kroguard again, I wanted to ask what are preferable choices for the last 5 and 6 points on Barrier stats, especially for solo runs?

Shield recharge, increase shield regeneration rate by 15%
Power synergy, power damage bonus 30%

Power recharge +30%
Barrier strength, damage reduction +10%

Sai

Power Synergy, and Power Recharge.

Shield Recharge is kinda useless, you rely on Biotic Charge to keep your shields replenished. And because you have to rely on Charge, it's better to have it ready to use ASAP, which is why I go for Power Recharge all the time on Barrier.

so true. I only use him on host, but he should be called the N7 Destroyer. He's the best N7 character in my opinion.

Everyone thought he was garbage (I even asked way back if he was worth using and it was almost a unanimous no) but then Stentron (I think it was him) comes along and posts a video on YouTube and everyone gets all wet.
I'm still not too crazy about the N7 Slayer. My opinion of it's gotten better since the Earth DLC came out, but it's still not too high on my list of go-to characters.

Power Synergy, and Power Recharge.

I'm still not too crazy about the N7 Slayer. My opinion of it's gotten better since the Earth DLC came out, but it's still not too high on my list of go-to characters.

That's the Vanguard, right? Man, that's my favorite character in the game. I can charge straight into a group of enemies on silver/gold, mash the regular melee (which also does AoE damage), and charge again when my shields drop. And then there's the hand cannon and the shockwave of death.

Top Bottom