• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Sajjaja

Acolyte. Get a feel for the right timing of the charged shot, get evolution 4 on Pull (area), and watch everything float.
If you only got predator, stick to that: assault rifles need you to be out of cover and sustain enemy fire, Drells are squishy and should stick to weapons that can do the most damage in single shots. As a matter of fact evolution 6 on Drell Assassin reduces the weight of handguns and kinda hints at the way you should use him.

Yeah I figured so. I only use the avenger as a backup for when I run out of ammo. I also got a Phalanx but I feel the ROF is too slow for my taste.

Samara

What is up with PSN users on Platinum?!?! I swear, when we reach wave 8, the host leaves...yeah I can take all these reapers by myself. Ugh, It happened everytime I tried playing.

And a guy had a million missile launchers...what the hell?!?

Gui_PT

When's the last day to redeem victory and commendation packs from last weekend?

Multiplayer manifest has a countdown timer at the top of the page

At the moment: Operation Alloy packs have been awarded. 35h30min remaining to claim your reward.

Harlock

I am tired of farming in Firebase White/Geth/Gold. But it´s hard not to do. You get much more money in less time.

And get a new character customization skin with the spectre pack. :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We should be hearing about the next operation soon, no?

Jinjo

I feel bad for those who are only just starting MP nowadays. There's over, what? 300 or so Gold Cards alone? And so many of them are awful.

After playing more: tru dat yo. Takes way too long to get enough credits to buy a PSP too. (silver difficulty, not strong enough for gold yet) Depends way too much on luck to get some cool items, guess I just got really lucky in my first 2 packs. if I hadn't gotten a fun character I probably never would've bothered more. Atleast unlocking the uncommon characters is easier, that keeps me playing. Also, I need that Cerberus Vanguard.

And as with most multiplayer games with unlockables I will stop as soon as I get what I want, lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I had a guy yesterday who i thought had too many missile launchers when i saw the kills in the bottom right corner... but then i realized he was a Destroyer. Maybe that was from his power after all, i dont want to report him and ban a normal player if im not sure. Anyway it was on PC, and as far as i know the missile glitch isnt possible there, unless they found a new way since the fix.

Gui_PT

I had a guy yesterday who i thought had too many missile launchers when i saw the kills in the bottom right corner... but then i realized he was a Destroyer. Maybe that was from his power after all, i dont want to report him and ban a normal player if im not sure. Anyway it was on PC, and as far as i know the missile glitch isnt possible there, unless they found a new way since the fix.

There's a new glitch.

You just walk around constantly holding the missile launcher now

I don't know how they do it though.

Sai

There's a new glitch.

You just walk around constantly holding the missile launcher now

I don't know how they do it though.
I think I saw a Phoenix Vanguard doing that once before the Missile Launcher ammo swap. Was the Missile Launcher constantly making this overwhelmingly annoying noise?

Assuming that's it, he really didn't do much with it. I saw him get a few Missile Launcher kills, but he mostly hid in the back of Firebase White... With that... Noise...

* Sai cringes.

Gui_PT

I didn't notice a noise

I noticed when the match started, he got a shot off on the ground and after that all he got was missile launcher kills

When I looked at him, he was holding the weapon and did so during the entire match

Tsukumo

Yeah I figured so. I only use the avenger as a backup for when I run out of ammo. I also got a Phalanx but I feel the ROF is too slow for my taste.

Then I guess you'll fall in love with the Mattock (rifle, semi-automatic). It's an uncommon so you should get one quite fast if you stick to veteran packs for a while. And it would work really well on a drell adept.

Mindlog

Readiness drops cray fast. Hadn't played in a couple of days, but someone else made me some credits.

First game U/U/G with my Hydra Destroyer. Easy and fun vs Cerberus on Rio.
Second game U/U/G with my Vorcha Sentinel. Easy and fun vs Cerberus on White.
Fuggit let me farm a game so I join W/G/P with my Demolisher. There were already 3 other Demolishers. I switch to Piranha GI to camp the stairwell and for general DPS. NINETEEN MINUTE CLEAR with randoms on White. Blew my mind right out the back of my head. I wish all pubs went as smoothly.

Sajjaja

Then I guess you'll fall in love with the Mattock (rifle, semi-automatic). It's an uncommon so you should get one quite fast if you stick to veteran packs for a while. And it would work really well on a drell adept.

Yeah, I used the Mattock in my SP playthrough as my goto gun. Super accurate and reliable.

I still have not gotten an assault rifle drop aside from 1 stability mod..... I have like 6 shotguns now, wtf is up with that... I don't even use shotguns. I think it's a sign I should start playing Vanguard again, but the Drell Adept is freaking amazing. Most of my SP/PSPs have been disappointing in drops.

Also, how do you guys know what quality a certain gun it?

Bisnic

Yeah, I used the Mattock in my SP playthrough as my goto gun. Super accurate and reliable.

I still have not gotten an assault rifle drop aside from 1 stability mod..... I have like 6 shotguns now, wtf is up with that... I don't even use shotguns. I think it's a sign I should start playing Vanguard again, but the Drell Adept is freaking amazing. Most of my SP/PSPs have been disappointing in drops.

Also, how do you guys know what quality a certain gun it?

When you get a "card", if its blue its common, if its silver its uncommon, if its gold its rare and if its some sort of black/grey with a N7 banner, its ultra-rare.

You can also check your multiplayer manifest on the Bioware website to know what's what.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
To all new players

don't even fuck with PSPs and Spectre Packs until you build up your inventory with some of the uncommon weapons

don't

Sajjaja

To all new players

don't even fuck with PSPs and Spectre Packs until you build up your inventory with some of the uncommon weapons

don't

Should I buy Vets only or a mixture of both recruit and vet?

Why do you guys say Cerberus Destroyer or w.e as if they were some sort of playable option? Are they unlocked? Also, what does it mean to promote?

Xevren

Why do you guys say Cerberus Destroyer or w.e as if they were some sort of playable option? Are they unlocked? Also, what does it mean to promote?

I'd get recruits to max out the commons, especially helpful on weapon mods. Then go with some Vets and go from there.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A guy on the BioWare forums successfully 'predicted' both the Blood Pack SMG and Adas Anti Synthetic Rifle, by name, specifically for single player prior to the Firefight Pack announcement.

He's now 'predicting' a multiplayer pack titled Retaliation (or something like that), with promise of Collectors as a new faction, Collector weapons, new enemies for existing factions, and a new character with the bonus power from Leviathan (
Dominate
), either in the pack or near future.

If this were GAF, I'd demand his head if wrong.

Bisnic

I hope they give Geths more enemies, it feels like they're missing quite a few compared to the others. Maybe a smaller Colossus so it can work for all maps and those quick and agile Geths from ME1 that could walk on walls & ceilings and that never showed up again for no reason.

Jinjo

To all new players

don't

I found that a SP nets me 3 uncommons and a rare on average, 3 veteran packs only an uncommon a pack and shit I don't need. Why would I go for that? I'll keep on buying SP's & PSP's thank you very much.

ahhhhhhh the last 3 PSPs i bought were awesome: Grenade Capacity V, Saber V, Piranha IX and X, AND the last character i was missing! YAY finally.

it was the Demolisher, how do i spec it? i have a feeling it's easy to spec unwisely..

Bisnic

ahhhhhhh the last 3 PSPs i bought were awesome: Grenade Capacity V, Saber V, Piranha IX and X, AND the last character i was missing! YAY finally.

it was the Demolisher, how do i spec it? i have a feeling it's easy to spec unwisely..

I specced mine for the best grenade spamming build, with the Grenade Capacity V, i can have 11 of them and my own pylon can supply all the grenades i need. I took extra shield/barrier damage for Arc Grenades and extra armor damage for Homing Grenades. 0 points in Fitness though.

I finally get the Grenade capacity at lvl5 and now the system is giving me Black Widows (currently at lvl 5). Time to move to platinum I guess

Mindlog

I hope they give Geths more enemies, it feels like they're missing quite a few compared to the others. Maybe a smaller Colossus so it can work for all maps and those quick and agile Geths from ME1 that could walk on walls & ceilings and that never showed up again for no reason.
Geth Bomber.

It sounds like each faction is going to get a new character specifically engineered to hit camping farmers. So far Retaliation sounds like the best yet. Time to fill the N7 piggy bank.

Bisnic

Geth Bomber.

It sounds like each faction is going to get a new character specifically engineered to hit camping farmers. So far Retaliation sounds like the best yet. Time to fill the N7 piggy bank.

I dunno, other than Geths, they already have classes that prevent people from camping. Be it Phantoms or Banshees.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

To build up your stocks with Uncommon weapons that are still very good as well as filling up on consumables that will be your go-to whenever you hit "fffffffffffuuuu shit is gettin too real!" status in a match. Guys will see gold weapons like a Claymore I or Acolyte I and think that they're doing something good - but because of the fact that weapons scale massively from I to X, you'd be better off with a Phalanx VII by far. Hell, a Mantix X outclasses a Widow I easily. Not just in damage either, when you upgrade weapons if effects not only damage, but weight and ammo as well. When you're playing a class that's reliant on abilities (EVERYTHING BUT DESTROYER) then you're gonna look at weight like its a pretty big deal.

So yeah, you'll feel like you're hot shit with your Carnifex I pistol - but in reality you'd be better off with a Predator X.

Also, the Destroyer that everyone is referring to is the N7 Destroyer class from the latest free DLC. Earth Pack. Its a class that is awesome because its entirely self-sufficient. No need to get ammo - it makes more on the battlefield. No need to worry about recharge speed - it throws two types of grenades.

You can promote a character when you reach level 20 with that character. It does nothing other than reset your powers, add to your readiness score in single player, grow your e-peen 10 points, and allow you to run that class back up from 1 to 20. Its not really necessary at all. Its nice that it encourages you to become more familiar with the different classes and builds though.
I found that a SP nets me 3 uncommons and a rare on average, 3 veteran packs only an uncommon a pack and shit I don't need. Why would I go for that? I'll keep on buying SP's & PSP's thank you very much.
And you can buy almost 5 vet packs for the price of one PSP.

That's some damned good luck. It doesn't last. Also, the money you get from silver matches makes its REALLY hard to get enough consumables and equipment from just PSPs and SPs. The income just isn't there. Until you get to the point where you can tear shit up on Gold with an Asari Adept and pull decent cash out of each match with regularity, then vet packs are the place to go.

Nothing is worse than missing out on money because the last guy doesn't have any medigels or rockets.

Xevren

I finally get the Grenade capacity at lvl5 and now the system is giving me Black Widows (currently at lvl 5). Time to move to platinum I guess

Man, I want more Grenade capacity gear so badly. I got the first one the day the gear dropped, have yet to see an upgrade :(

I hope the new faction does come, would be a welcome change. So long as they aren't chain stunning bastards like the Geth. I really, really, really hate playing against the Geth.

Bisnic

To build up your stocks with Uncommon weapons that are still very good as well as filling up on consumables that will be your go-to whenever you hit "fffffffffffuuuu shit is gettin too real!" status in a match. Guys will see gold weapons like a Claymore I or Acolyte I and think that they're doing something good - but because of the fact that weapons scale massively from I to X, you'd be better off with a Phalanx VII by far. Hell, a Mantix X outclasses a Widow I easily. Not just in damage either, when you upgrade weapons if effects not only damage, but weight and ammo as well. When you're playing a class that's reliant on abilities (EVERYTHING BUT DESTROYER) then you're gonna look at weight like its a pretty big deal.

So yeah, you'll feel like you're hot shit with your Carnifex I pistol - but in reality you'd be better off with a Predator X.

Also, the Destroyer that everyone is referring to is the N7 Destroyer class from the latest free DLC. Earth Pack. Its a class that is awesome because its entirely self-sufficient. No need to get ammo - it makes more on the battlefield. No need to worry about recharge speed - it throws two types of grenades.

You can promote a character when you reach level 20 with that character. It does nothing other than reset your powers, add to your readiness score in single player, grow your e-peen 10 points, and allow you to run that class back up from 1 to 20. Its not really necessary at all. Its nice that it encourages you to become more familiar with the different classes and builds though.

That's some damned good luck. It doesn't last. Also, the money you get from silver matches makes its REALLY hard to get enough consumables and equipment from just PSPs and SPs. The income just isn't there. Until you get to the point where you can tear shit up on Gold with an Asari Adept and pull decent cash out of each match with regularity, then vet packs are the place to go.

Nothing is worse than missing out on money because the last guy doesn't have any medigels or rockets.

That's the Demolisher my friend.

Man, I want more Grenade capacity gear so badly. I got the first one the day the gear dropped, have yet to see an upgrade :(

Yeah the same happened to me too, I had to maxed out the others cards to see the grenade capacity again =/

Oh, btw I get more vanilla Human Adepts and Human infiltrators again

Jinjo

I get your point though. I usually buy vet packs/equipment packs with leftover money. I upgraded to doing gold matches only now. I admit it's Geth on Gold, but it's a start and it helps to rack up cash (a PSP or an SP and a few vet packs every 2 matches). I can pull my weight, whether it's an active role (N7 slayer for some crazy biotics & melee - no X guns needed) or support (Turian Sentinel for settin' up dem 'splosions yo).

I want dat Cerberus Vanguard.

Sai

I occasionally use the Human Soldier in Gold matches.

I get 'im equipped with a Saber, scope 'n piercing mods, AR Amp/Targeting VI, AR Amp Gear V/Warfighter Package V, Cyro Ammo, maybe an Adrenaline Module or Cyclonic Modulator depending on my mood...

And I usually come out on top. :3

Top Bottom