• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Melchiah

Power Synergy, and Power Recharge.

Shield Recharge is kinda useless, you rely on Biotic Charge to keep your shields replenished. And because you have to rely on Charge, it's better to have it ready to use ASAP, which is why I go for Power Recharge all the time on Barrier.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to use those then. =)

Omega

Banned
I'm still not too crazy about the N7 Slayer. My opinion of it's gotten better since the Earth DLC came out, but it's still not too high on my list of go-to characters.

It's probably my second best character as long as I'm host.

Not an easy class to play imo. Once you learn how to play him though you can solo gold easily. I solo easier with the Slayer than the Kroguard

Sai

Same here. Though I think I should mention that, initially, my feelings for the Shadow were pretty much the same. I thought there was way too much risk involved with Shadow Strike before I learned how to pick my targets more carefully and use it to escape, and didn't think much of Electric Slash. It's melee damage output was the only thing I was impressed by.

Opinion's pretty much done a 180̊̊° since. >_>

[EDIT] - Speaking of the Shadow, I really want to get it equipped with an Eagle. I really like using the Hurricane with it, but I lose out on that Melee Stunner mod... So, I figured the Eagle would be a nice compromise. But, I'd like to know what the cooldown % would be like with it's class tree focused on power/weight up to Evo#5. I'm sure I can get it at 200% regardless with the Ultralight Materials mod, but I'd rather use the Piercing or High-Caliber Barrel mods in it's place.

It's not like I do badly with the Slayer or anything, it just always feels as if he's lacking something when I'm charging into a group of Trooper-class enemies. For a guy with a sword, it doesn't feel like hiss melee puts 'em down fast enough—even with the Hydraulic Joints V Gear or Strength Enhancer consumables ... Maybe picking Radius over Damage for hiss Charge Evo#4 would help.

Always loved the Biotic Slash though! I either put 6 points on Phase Disruptor, or ignore it entirely these days.

Tsukumo

Probably might need help for the squad goal. And I don't have much time today to play so can I get some gaf help?

360 of course

Solo on Bronze with a Destroyer and level IV equipment is absolutely doable.
Or an Infiltrator, any race will do, with the most powerful/efficient assault rifle you have. It's not only easy, it also gives you pointers and tactics for silver runs and gold runs because you learn to deal with every type of enemy by yourself. Even if you take your time camping and hiding in cover, you won't take more than 30 minutes.

rozay

Banned
Probably might need help for the squad goal. And I don't have much time today to play so can I get some gaf help?

360 of course
do you have a krogan vanguard? just do a solo bronze cerberus game, even if you're not great you can take so many hits and recharge your shield with charge. any weapon with 200% cooldown will work.

Melchiah

do you have a krogan vanguard? just do a solo bronze cerberus game, even if you're not great you can take so many hits and recharge your shield with charge. any weapon with 200% cooldown will work.

I find Geth a better choice with Kroguard, as there are no one-hit kill enemies, like Nemesis & Atlas.

EDIT: Just did my solo run with 15-level Kroguard, without consumables, on Jade/bronze against Geth. Feels good man.

Omega

Banned
Same here. Though I think I should mention that, initially, my feelings for the Shadow were pretty much the same. I thought there was way too much risk involved with Shadow Strike before I learned how to pick my targets more carefully and use it to escape, and didn't think much of Electric Slash. It's melee damage output was the only thing I was impressed by.

Opinion's pretty much done a 180̊̊° since. >_>

[EDIT] - Speaking of the Shadow, I really want to get it equipped with an Eagle. I really like using the Hurricane with it, but I lose out on that Melee Stunner mod... So, I figured the Eagle would be a nice compromise. But, I'd like to know what the cooldown % would be like with it's class tree focused on power/weight up to Evo#5. I'm sure I can get it at 200% regardless with the Ultralight Materials mod, but I'd rather use the Piercing or High-Caliber Barrel mods in it's place.

It's not like I do badly with the Slayer or anything, it just always feels as if he's lacking something when I'm charging into a group of Trooper-class enemies. For a guy with a sword, it doesn't feel like hiss melee puts 'em down fast enough—even with the Hydraulic Joints V Gear or Strength Enhancer consumables ... Maybe picking Radius over Damage for hiss Charge Evo#4 would help.

Always loved the Biotic Slash though! I either put 6 points on Phase Disruptor, or ignore it entirely these days.

you're not missing out on much with the melee mod for your Shadow.

you shouldn't be using your melee that much with the Slayer anyway. Phase Disruptor -> Biotic Charge. Charge spec'd for radius as it's not meant to be a damage dealer. Only time I melee is when I find myself in a bad spot, you get a pretty significant damage reduction giving you the time to recharge and charge your way out.

I did this op solo gold with the Slayer. Reapers and Cerberus are a cakewalk. Just use Disruptor ammo and an Acolyte and tech burst the shit out of everything vs Cerb and use whatever ammo you want against Reapers. I normally go with Warp just because of Banshees but Incendiary works as well since your BC and PD create fire explosions.

I don't play Geth, so I don't know how he stacks up against them.

Sai

[EDIT] - Particle Rifle II. Nice~... Wish the game would just let me finish leveling up the Talon or Javelin though. :/

you're not missing out on much with the melee mod for your Shadow.
Gotta get the most possible damage out of every swing. S'how I roll. ;p

you shouldn't be using your melee that much with the Slayer anyway.
[whine]But he's got a swooord~[/whine]

Phase Disruptor -> Biotic Charge.
[whine]But I don't like Phase Disruptor~[/whine]

I'll try to respec 'im and reform though. Wouldn't be the first time I didn't do as well as I could with a character/weapon because they weren't what I initially imagined them to be. And I didn't know about the melee's damage reduction; that's neat.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Here's hoping we'll get some DLC Collectors confirmation this week, enough cryptic messages from the Operations now Bioware. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think I managed to complete this operation. I didn't bother with solo, but a bunch of bronze matches I was in seemed consumable free. Impossible to know for sure, but when everybody survives quite comfortably from start to finish, and not a single rocket is fired, I assume nobody needed to use consumables.

How long do you usually have to wait for results?

Melchiah

I took my Kroguard last night to a bronze match with three N7 characters (Slayer & Destroyer), and never before have I played a match where several of the rounds went without being able to confront a single enemy. Which just makes it seem like some of the N7 characters are far too overpowered. I did have to revive them a couple of times though.

Bisnic

I took my Kroguard last night to a bronze match with three N7 characters (Slayer & Destroyer), and never before have I played a match where several of the rounds went without being able to confront a single enemy. Which just makes it seem like some of the N7 characters are far too overpowered. I did have to revive them a couple of times though.

I don't think it's really the classes, but more the weapons. A rare weapon at rank X like the Piranha can kill something in Bronze that isn't a Banshee/Atlas/Brute/Prime in one hit or two. Bronze is just that easy.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
We usually get word on Tuesdays, don't we?

Cool. Much like Bisnic seems to have I've already accepted Collector DLC is coming, thus expect another tease when the results come in.

I don't think it's really the classes, but more the weapons. A rare weapon at rank X like the Piranha can kill something in Bronze that isn't a Banshee/Atlas/Brute/Prime in one hit or two. Bronze is just that easy.

I noticed this earlier. Silver applies too. I saw a Vorcha soldier with Level X Reegar Carbine, and he was able to chew through brutes like butter.

Melchiah

If I recall correctly, they had nothing that special, excluding Mattock X. I dunno what abilities those N7 characters have, as I only have Paladin and Demolisher, but one of them seemed to constantly blow away a group of enemies from afar.

Bisnic

If I recall correctly, they had nothing that special, excluding Mattock X. I dunno what abilities those N7 characters have, as I only have Paladin and Demolisher, but one of them seemed to constantly blow away a group of enemies from afar.

I played with my Shadow on a Bronze game this weekend and Electric Slash has ridiculous range(15-20m?) on top of killing most regular troops on one hit, while the ones with shields die in 2 hits. I suppose the Slayer's Biotic Slash is as powerful. Those abilities are not as strong on Gold thankfully. :p

Destroyer has a mode that makes them shoot at a faster rate, so... Piranha X + Destroyer + Bronze : lol

Melchiah

I played with my Shadow on a Bronze game this weekend and Electric Slash has ridiculous range(15-20m?) on top of killing most regular troops on one hit, while the ones with shields die in 2 hits. I suppose the Slayer's Biotic Slash is as powerful. Those abilities are not as strong on Gold thankfully. :p

Destroyer has a mode that makes them shoot at a faster rate, so... Piranha X + Destroyer + Bronze : lol

So, it could have been more about the weapons then. I wish I had Piranha, or Harrier. =( That shockwave ability of Destroyer(?) seems effective, as it can topple down enemies from a distance.

Bisnic

So, it could have been more about the weapons then. I wish I had Piranha, or Harrier. =( That shockwave ability of Destroyer(?) seems effective, as it can topple down enemies from a distance.

Well, the N7 classes may be overpowered for Bronze or even Silver, but for harder difficulties, they die and get revived as much as anyone else. I still like to take my Asari Justicar, Geth Infiltrator, Krogan Vanguard or Cerberus Vanguard for example since they all have something that N7 classes lack and could help.

EatChildren

You will be forced to read and reread Mass Effect Deception for one month until your brain can't take it anymore.

Then I'll have my permission to die.

Bisnic

So who got the craziest amount of credits saved for the next DLC? I barely started doing it and i know my 1 million credits is nothing compared to others here. I expect to see someone with 50 millions.

EatChildren

For those wondering what this OneTrueShot guy on the BioBoards has 'predicted' for eventual ME3 DLC, so far he's either directed stated or implied the following:

- Collector enemy faction.
- Collector weapons.
- New enemies for existing factions.
- For the above, "Geth Bomber" has been mentioned.
- Changes/additions to make farming tactics difficult (new enemies might be that).
- New Turian characters.
- Dominate, sabotage and defence matrix making their way to multiplayer.

I hope he's not full of shit.

EatChildren

I thought Sabotage was already in multiplayer... isn't that one of the female Quarian powers?

Yeah, Quarian Infiltrator. Sorry, his 'rumour' implied a character would have all three powers, or something like that.

EDIT: Actually it wasn't a prediction so much as him saying what he'd like to see. The other stuff (weapons, characters, factions) were explicit 'predictions' though.

For those wondering what this OneTrueShot guy on the BioBoards has 'predicted' for eventual ME3 DLC, so far he's either directed stated or implied the following:

- Collector weapons.
- Changes/additions to make farming tactics difficult (new enemies might be that).
- New Turian characters.

A map inside a collectors base would be insane. Hope we get something like that.

Mindlog

Not an easy class to play imo. Once you learn how to play him though you can solo gold easily. I solo easier with the Slayer than the Kroguard
My Kroguard is the easiest to solo with and use no consumables. His health let's you make so many mistakes. However, he's by far the slowest.

I specced completely out of both my Slashes. First game with Slayer off-host I surprised the hell out of myself. I joined a Gold game in-progress (Wave 4) and managed to make it to Wave 10 with top score AND without using a consumable. I use heavy charge instead of radius. PD is going to stagger when I need it. I absolutely want to be certain I can stagger Phantoms when I am forced to charge them.

Shadow I just use the Piranha X and Shadow Strike everything. A sprinkling of heavy melee helps as well.

So who got the craziest amount of credits saved for the next DLC? I barely started doing it and i know my 1 million credits is nothing compared to others here. I expect to see someone with 50 millions.
Almost back to my pre-Earth bank of 7m.
Last week someone on BWS had over 10m.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jigga is over 15m.

Omega

Banned
I'll try to respec 'im and reform though. Wouldn't be the first time I didn't do as well as I could with a character/weapon because they weren't what I initially imagined them to be. And I didn't know about the melee's damage reduction; that's neat.

Yeah I know what you mean. I always looked at the Paladin as a fire/cryo explosion character but after watching some videos on him, most people don't even use incinerate or flame shield. He's the only character I've watched videos for and I still can't use him.

- Collector weapons.
- New Turian characters.

fuck this. I hope he's full of shit. the geth are cheap as fuck now because they tried to make farming harder. what are they going to do next? remove Geth Troopers and replace them with Hunters/Primes. Reapers are going to only spawn Banshees and Ravagers and Cerberus is going to be Phantoms with combat engineers being able to walk around with their turrets

I absolutely want to be certain I can stagger Phantoms when I am forced to charge them.

The only damage/force I put into charge was rank 4 and 5 of N7 Slayer and it's an automatic stun on Phantoms.

I also had 20 million credits saved up but spent most of them trying to level up my Paladin.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All nerf/difficulty hate isn't really the same. Bioware has actually done a very good job of keeping the game from becoming an unchecked cheese fest - and I'm glad they've done so. There are a ton of things that they do need to work on, but they've handled cheese prevention great.

exYle

fuck this. I hope he's full of shit. the geth are cheap as fuck now because they tried to make farming harder. what are they going to do next? remove Geth Troopers and replace them with Hunters/Primes. Reapers are going to only spawn Banshees and Ravagers and Cerberus is going to be Phantoms with combat engineers being able to walk around with their turrets

Don't be so dramatic. Adding Hunters/Primes doesn't eliminate farming, it simply makes it more tedious. What the Geth need are cover busters. I'm guessing they're going to add grenades and Hoppers, but no sync-kill enemies. As for Reapers/Cerberus, both are already quite well balanced, and extra enemies might just be for some nice variety.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't be so dramatic. Adding Hunters/Primes doesn't eliminate farming, it simply makes it more tedious. What the Geth need are cover busters. I'm guessing they're going to add grenades and Hoppers, but no sync-kill enemies. As for Reapers/Cerberus, both are already quite well balanced, and extra enemies might just be for some nice variety.

I always wanted more enemies that change your y-axis. Geth pretty much line up for the meat grinder better than any other enemy in the game. Before they got amped up Hunters, they were free money. They needed the boost - but they still get munched on.

I'd love Reapers to get that Zerg flyer motherfucker too. Cerberus? I don't know... maybe they can get those shield generators or something. Nerf turrets a bit, and add more engineer versatility.

Sai

Still think they should give Geth/Cerberus Troopers 'n Cannibals Shields/Barriers, and spawn some Shield/Barrier Pylons/Generators alongside 'em.

Melchiah

Any word on how the mission went?

On a side note, as I've now been playing with Kroguard again, I really wish you could re-map Charge from triangle-button to L2/R2. It would be far more convenient, as it's the only active power that's commonly used with the class, and you could still control your aim when using the shoulder triggers.

EatChildren

Wee, first solo bronze with the N7 Destroy. Level 14, with a level I Geth Plasma Rifle and level II Crusader.

Well, it wasn't technically solo, as a guy joined during the last ~40 seconds of extraction :p.

The Crusader is ridiculously good.

Bisnic

So did we beat the goal of this weekend? I really want that Incendiary Ammo IV from the Victory Pack. Really don't care about those thousands of robots possibly discovering the return of the Collectors.

Really.

Wee, first solo bronze with the N7 Destroy. Level 14, with a level I Geth Plasma Rifle and level II Crusader.

Well, it wasn't technically solo, as a guy joined during the last ~40 seconds of extraction :p.

You didn't make your lobby private? I'm surprised it took this long for someone to join if it was public though, i usually get new people during the first wave or two.

Melchiah

Feels good man. It felt like I had truly accomplished something when I did the same with Kroguard. I also used the Geth Plasma Rifle, although mine is on level VI. I think it's a better choice than shotgun, as you don't really need a close range weapon due to melee, and in some situations you might need a long range weapon, eg. against one-hit kill enemies.

EDIT:
So did we beat the goal of this weekend? I really want that Incendiary Ammo IV from the Victory Pack. Really don't care about those thousands of robots possibly discovering the return of the Collectors.

Really.

I got mine from 20k Veteran pack, which I've been spending my points on lately, when I already had I-III Incendiary Ammo.

EatChildren

I've solo'd bronze before, way-back-when with the Infiltrator before they started adding fancy new classes and started buffing/nerfing shit. Cloak + sniper was a stupid easy combo. Haven't done it since though. I enjoyed the combo of the GPR and Crusader as the former let me lay down very rapid fire when dealing with groups. Meanwhile the latter was good for taking down bigger stuff. It was reapers, FYI. Crusader's armour piercing bonus was very, very helpful.

And I didn't intend to play solo. 90% when I multi I host. Selfish, but fuck dealing with the lack of regional filtering while I'm stuck in Australia, especially when I'm gaming at 3am. I'd rather host and get the benefit of a lag free game. People can come and go as they please, I don't mind. I just start a public game and try to survive as long as possible on my own. Most of the time people join wave 2 or 3. Last few rounds have been empty until the end, or until I die.

EDIT: Previous operation results were posted on a Friday, so I'm guessing we'll have to wait until the end of the week.

Melchiah

I've solo'd bronze before, way-back-when with the Infiltrator before they started adding fancy new classes and started buffing/nerfing shit. Cloak + sniper was a stupid easy combo. Haven't done it since though. I enjoyed the combo of the GPR and Crusader as the former let me lay down very rapid fire when dealing with groups. Meanwhile the latter was good for taking down bigger stuff. It was reapers, FYI. Crusader's armour piercing bonus was very, very helpful.

Reapers on solo. o_O I think the Geth were challenging enough for me. =)

Top Bottom