• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Volus?!?! Gimme!

One have to wonder how the hell a Volus would be able to jump over cover and run as fast as the other races. Or even grab enemies. Or use a weapon that isn't a pistol or SMG with their ridiculous small arms.

Only two solutions : Either they have rocket boots or they're all Biotic Gods that allow them to do crazy shit like floating in midair and moving super fast.

But more seriously, just thinking about this almost make sure this reddit post is all fake.

Mindlog

Why would you do this Mindlog? :(

Now i'm going to be disappointed if its not true.
:D

Reddit was the source of the previous 'turned out to be true' leaks.
However, that's not the same poster.

* Although Mark Meer may have recently voiced a new character for multiplayer.
** Mark Meer does Volus voices.
Volus confirmed?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Eagle II :(.

Got to wave ten on bronze solo with a level five Asari Justicar. Have I no idea how to use biotic bubble, so it just feels like poor mans adept.

Sai

No Commendation Pack yet... I'll check back later this evening. If I still don't see it by then, I'll contact EA.

Got to wave ten on bronze solo with a level five Asari Justicar. Have I no idea how to use biotic bubble, so it just feels like poor mans adept.
You can spec her Biotic Bubble to weaken enemies—apply warp effect 'n all that good stuff—and lay them out in front of the enemies' projected paths... Then give her a Harrier or Hurricane, Warp Ammo, and watch everything that steps into the bubble just melt away as you rain down dem bullets.

Alternatively, you can spec the Biotic Bubble, Reave, and her fitness tree for absolute defense, give her some shield buffing gear/consumables, and have your shields replenish nigh-instantly. Makes her awesome for support, and objectives.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You can spec her Biotic Bubble to weaken enemies—apply warp effect 'n all that good stuff—and lay them out in front of the enemies' projected paths... Then give her a Harrier or Hurricane, Warp Ammo, and watch everything that steps into the bubble just melt away as you rain down dem bullets.

Alternatively, you can spec the Biotic Bubble, Reave, and her fitness tree for absolute defense, give her some shield buffing gear/consumables, and have your shields replenish nigh-instantly. Makes her awesome for support, and objectives.

Cool, thanks. I'll give it a shot. I unlocked her awhile ago, and am only just trying her out now.

Also, Krogan soldier + reegar carbine = lol. I now understand why people say the weapon is overpowered. I mean, I'm already rage meeling the shit out of everything at close range. Reegar carbine melts everything else like butter.

EekTheKat

I've been experimenting with Javelin X / Piranha X on a SI, jack of all trades/master of none build more or less, and it seems to hold up well enough to be my go-to plat run vs. the N7 grenade turtle.

It turns out, I can stand by the ammo box in the far back and actually shoot through half the map with the Javelin X and armor piercing ammo. I was hitting Phantoms in the hallway staircase standing near the ammo box without a problem.

Since on Plat there's so many bosses up, they often tend to be clumped/stuck together in a pile. Mine debuff + Javelin shot and you can shoot through like 3-4 of them at once.

With reload canceling the Javelin is absolutely lethal vs slow moving bosses.

Mindlog

With reload canceling the Javelin is absolutely lethal vs slow moving bosses.
I haven't used that weapon in a long time. I've been meaning to mess around with that and the Kishok.

Right now I'm on an engineer kick. Agressive Salarian/Geth engineers on Gold is fun. I'm low on shotgun amps and I wanted to try something else. Bought 1 Spectre Pack: No Gold equipment, but a Typhoon VII. It seems as if the fewer packs I buy the more often I land a Typhoon upgrade.

Commendation Pack: Hurricane V.
Nice.

Got an Eagle III in my Commendation. It's at the point where I'll take whichever N7 weapon they give me. Before I used to be so disappointed to get the Crusader/Eagle over the Valiant/Hurricane, but now especially with the recent Crusader buffs I'm happy with any of 'em.

Also that Retaliation rumor better be true.

Omega

Banned
That thing is fake.

It's been stated numerous times that Volus are not a combative race and that's why they have an agreement with the Turians.

the fact that people even entertained this is beyond me. just some guy trying to get his name out there for his 15 minutes of internet fame

Sai

Had to contact EA again to get it, but... Eagle I!

Now I've got all the N7 weapons, and this Eagle's goin' straight to my N7 Shadow~

rozay

Banned
Well, I guess I've been extremely lucky but starting out fresh hasn't been hard at all. I had the advantage of being able to do glacier gold runs early on though, so after a lot of recruit packs then veteran packs I can just get PSPs with veteran packs every so often for silver gear (which is dropping very often for some reason, even stuff I never got on the 360)

5 URs (harrier, particle rifle II, wraith, talon) so far and 16 characters left to unlock. I can imagine if I were getting saddled by shit like the pulse rifle and arc pistol, playing would be very frustrating.

Question though, if I uninstalled the Resurgence DLC to avoid getting the striker/kishock/geth smg, would the new characters I've unlocked from there disappear as well and would i not be able to join games if people play as them?

That thing is fake.

It's been stated numerous times that Volus are not a combative race and that's why they have an agreement with the Turians.

the fact that people even entertained this is beyond me. just some guy trying to get his name out there for his 15 minutes of internet fame

people entertained it because the guy is claiming to be oneshottruth from the bioware forums who successfully revealed the 2 new weapons included in the campaign weapon pack before it was announced.

He then later left clues and hits that when combined revealed the collector/retaliation dlc. Then this new post seemingly from him is a combination of his previous stuff with the addition of volus kits and a !"cerbersus Dragoon"

If it is the same guy he either has info and is trolling or we really are getting volus, I personally doubt volus A lot but the rest of the info seems legit.

EatChildren

I always figured the Volus part of his 'prediction' was in jest. The meat of his tease was Collector faction and weapons, and new units to existing factions to counter farming, in a pack possibly titled Retaliation.

Tsukumo

That thing is fake.

Bioware has demonstrated repeatedly during this generation of games that their current production agenda is one where money trumps artistic integrity no matter what. If there is a buck to make, they will trash away the entire lore they spent five years building up from scratch without the slightest hint of remorse. They hit the jackpot with this multiplayer and I don't think they are going to let that go just because some codex entry doesn't add up with their "gotta have piranha NOW, it's just 180 microsoft points away" policy.

Bisnic

Bioware has demonstrated repeatedly during this generation of games that their current production agenda is one where money trumps artistic integrity no matter what. If there is a buck to make, they will trash away the entire lore they spent five years building up from scratch without the slightest hint of remorse. They hit the jackpot with this multiplayer and I don't think they are going to let that go just because some codex entry doesn't add up with their "gotta have piranha NOW, it's just 180 microsoft points away" policy.

I'm still wondering how they could even make a Volus hold a sniper rifle, shotgun or assault rifle with their tiny "Trex" arms. So yeah, they can try to fuck up all the lore if they wanted, but unless they suddenly give Volus arms the size of a human, its not gonna work.

I'm still wondering how they could even make a Volus hold a sniper rifle, shotgun or assault rifle with their tiny "Trex" arms. So yeah, they can try to fuck up all the lore if they wanted, but unless they suddenly give Volus arms the size of a human, its not gonna work.

weapon's could shrink.

Sajjaja

They hurl money and red sand at enemies.

Bisnic

weapon's could shrink.

Even if they shrink weapons... look at the volus model again, their arms are too short and too far apart so that they can properly use a big heavy weapon such as a shotgun that require two hand to be hold. Plus their hands are basically claws.

Sorry for being a dream killer. :(

EatChildren

Stuff the Volus. I just want mah new enemies. Gimme geth hoppers/bombers, Collectors, and rampaging enslaved Yahg for Cerberus.

And for Reapers? I dunno. Terminator babies.

EatChildren

Indoctrinated squad mate.

is it common not to get the Victory and Commendation packs? i didn't get them, goddamnit. fix your shit EA/Bioware!

what do i do? who do i e-mail and do i need to prove to them somehow that i didn't get them?

Bisnic

is it common not to get the Victory and Commendation packs? i didn't get them, goddamnit. fix your shit EA/Bioware!

what do i do? who do i e-mail and do i need to prove to them somehow that i didn't get them?

We failed the Allied Goal, so no Victory Pack for anyone. If you don't have your Commendation Pack and you're sure you've beat the required objective, you gotta contact them here i believe : https://help.ea.com/contact-us

We failed the Allied Goal, so no Victory Pack for anyone. If you don't have your Commendation Pack and you're sure you've beat the required objective, you gotta contact them here i believe : https://help.ea.com/contact-us

oh we failed? lol, ok.

yeah i'm sure i did it, played plenty of silver matches were no one seemed to use a rocket or medigel at least, AND just to make sure i soloed a bronze match without using any consumables.

thanks for the link!

edit: fucking Origin, what a pile of garbage code... won't let me login with the correct information, it just hangs, nothing happens... 4 minutes now. pathetic. HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE A SIMPLE LOGIN HAPPEN IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES?

edit 2: OHH, i had to close the tab and then click the link again, now i'm logged in... makes so much fucking sense, why didn't i think of that immediately.

Xevren

Aren't we getting some patch to hopefully fix all this shit?

Got Crusder III in my pack, still haven't used it. Will give that a shot when I'm not so crazy tired.

Bisnic

Aren't we getting some patch to hopefully fix all this shit?

Got Crusder III in my pack, still haven't used it. Will give that a shot when I'm not so crazy tired.

I remember a Bioware post last week that said a big patch was coming, but he couldn't give a date.

It's sad that its taking so long, is it due to Microsoft stupid patching cost for the 360 + having so many glitches to fix so they're trying to put as many things as possible in one patch like last time? Hate how PC have to suffer because of that too. :mad:

Xevren

I remember a Bioware post last week that said a big patch was coming, but he couldn't give a date.

It's sad that its taking so long, is it due to Microsoft stupid patching cost for the 360 + having so many glitches to fix so they're trying to put as many things as possible in one patch like last time? Hate how PC have to suffer because of that too. :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's why we are waiting so long...

Tsukumo

Well, they can make them unable to wield weapons, or restrict their loadout to handguns and machine guns. This would make possible to also add hanars to the mix. Or Elcors as a pure melee class (can't wait to hear their flat-tone of voice "gutted:banshee" "badassfully: barrier engaged" "frustrated: out of medi-gel, buddy?").
As a matter of fact, destroyer/demolisher have basically no powers and turian adepts don't need weapons at all. There are ways to turn this around and they will find them: if they backed off from "ending is fine the way it is" out of fans' uprising, they sure can and will bend the rules of reality itself if instead of damage control the pay-off will be a galactical cash-cow ^_^

Even if they shrink weapons... look at the volus model again, their arms are too short and too far apart so that they can properly use a big heavy weapon such as a shotgun that require two hand to be hold. Plus their hands are basically claws

you just hate them because they are fat!

Omega

Banned

this is true, but still doesn't explain why there's any possibility of volus being a playable character.

no one except for people who try so hard to be funny have ever mentioned bringing in volus. most of them are also the same people saying don't add protheans because it goes against the "lore"

oh and that patch isn't coming. It belongs in the pile with Half Life 3 and FF Versus XIII for things that don't exist but the developers say it does so they can stay relevant.

1. if that 40k per patch is the reason they haven't done it yet, why bother spending 40k now? the game is going to be dead within 2 months. give the fanbase false hope that it's coming and it'll keep people playing for a little longer and spending real money on packs.

2. even if that's not the reason, they gain nothing from patching the multiplayer. for numerous reasons most people are going to stop playing this game if they haven't already. it's not going to keep those people playing, and it's not going to bring back the people that already left

GeoGonzo

Just got into a Platinum lobby

Saw a guy with a level 1 adept and N7 rating of 1

I've seen this a few times before but I can't blame the new player: The default options for matchmaking are "any enemy, any map, any difficulty", when it probably should have been "any, any, bronze". More importantly, if the game doesn't find the bronze/silver game that you're looking for, you are likely to simply get thrown into a gold/plat lobby (or even worse, a game in progress).

Gui_PT

I've seen this a few times before but I can't blame the new player: The default options for matchmaking are "any enemy, any map, any difficulty", when it probably should have been "any, any, bronze". More importantly, if the game doesn't find the bronze/silver game that you're looking for, you are likely to simply get thrown into a gold/plat lobby (or even worse, a game in progress).

Well if I were a level 1 player with half a brain and got put into a Platinum lobby, I'd back out

Top Bottom