• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

New hazard maps seem okay. Glacier's swarm gives the map a cool red glow, and has a ball of electrified swarming...things moving through it. Come in contact and it eats through your shields and health until you're dead, pretty damn quickly too.

I thought I had accidentally set the enemy as the Collectors or something. Those Seekers are on steroids.

Mindlog

I just liked the combination of Hawk and the PPR. Multi-Frags are very powerful, but I never really needed them when using a Destroyer. Being able to hold a charge with the PPR was more effective. Hawks can shatter frozen targets and they make enemies dodge a lot.

So a bunch of little reasons.

I like the new Asari. It's basically a slightly beefier Fury. The slight differences do make a difference so being able to change up playstyles keeps things fresh.

EekTheKat

This sounds like it would make more sense given her playstyle. What is her max health/shields with full fitness? Is it 825/825?

I think it was, yeah. Speccing for extra shields synchronizes well with tech armor (damage reduction) and Annihilation field (shield replenishment). vs power/strength.

Interesting thing - the Asari dash works very well with the Fury rush style gameplay. Fury teleport is excellent utility but the dash + the tank like nature of the Valkyrie makes her a bit more combat worthy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Word of advice : Don't use a Krogan on the White map with hazards on. You'll go blind if you go into Rage mode.

masseffect32012-10-24zcsko.png

X-Frame

I'm almost done with Bloodpack Mastery and Combat Mastery -- pretty excited. Just 100 waves with the KroGuard left (saved the best for last) and 400 headshots.

After those are done I'm going to use the Turian Ghost to complete any of his challenges and use him to complete the Marksman assault rifles challenges too. I feel I need to get that in before he gets nerfed somehow.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Asari Sent is OP as fuck.

Stop wasting points in fitness. Just throw on a shield or mobility mod.

ok, Medi-Gel Transmitter is BOSS.

late wave on Hazard White against Collectors.. everyone is down and we're surrounded by.. umm, everything. 100% screwed basically... but then out of nowhere i revive everyone, turn invisible and rocket the shit out of Praetorians etc. felt pretty damn great to COMPLETELY turn the game around from a hopeless situation. also helped to be a Volus and shield boost everyone to safety.

seriously, so awesome. i'm gonna have it on my Volus all the time now.

Sai

Fortunate enough to get two Volus Adept cards, and a Collector SMG from my last few PSPs. Now each Volus needs one more unlock to wrap up. No Asari Valkyrie yet, oddly enough...

About the Collector SMG: I tried equipping it with the magazine and heat sink mods, and it still felt like it ran out of juice too fast. I know it's a trade-off, but I really don't enjoy the Prothean/Collector weapons that function that way.

[EDIT] - Oh, and still no AR Thermal Scope... :(

Bisnic

Asari Sent is OP as fuck.

Stop wasting points in fitness. Just throw on a shield or mobility mod.

What's OP exactly? You just make sure you got Tech Shield and Annihiliation Field on you and spam Warp between bullets.

I went with a defensive build with maxed health/shield/damage reduction.

DY_nasty

Wait... you guys never detonate the Annihilation Field or Tech Armor!? fuuuuuuuuuu

They both trigger explosions now.

Mindlog

I'm almost done with Bloodpack Mastery and Combat Mastery -- pretty excited. Just 100 waves with the KroGuard left (saved the best for last) and 400 headshots.

After those are done I'm going to use the Turian Ghost to complete any of his challenges and use him to complete the Marksman assault rifles challenges too. I feel I need to get that in before he gets nerfed somehow.
I'm still missing a ton of melee damage and grabs for that one. The only two banner I want beyond my Lone Wolf are Dogs of War and Death Guard.

Glacier Poltergeist is great.
About the Collector SMG: I tried equipping it with the magazine and heat sink mods, and it still felt like it ran out of juice too fast. I know it's a trade-off, but I really don't enjoy the Prothean/Collector weapons that function that way.
I thought it was a piece of crap for a while. Finally I settled on Mag + HVB. That works well.

But you have to have it at X~
And now for something completely different.
N7_Bounty-Weekend-1024x602.jpg

Operation VALKYRIE (Oct. 26th – 28th)

An elite asari unit recently recovered shipments of Alliance weapons that had been intercepted by Cerberus. The weapons will soon be delivered to the front lines where they belong. With fresh supplies and skilled reinforcements, we were able to increase the number of targets planned for our next assault.

Individual Goal: Earn 50,000 points using N7 promotional weapons (Valiant, Hurricane, Crusader, Eagle) on any map at any difficulty. The four weapons may be used in combination. Points will be cumulative. Extraction is not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

Other: The N7 Valkyrie assault rifle will be added to the list of possible commendation pack items.
Fuck it. I'm using the Eagle.

X-Frame

I'm still missing a ton of melee damage and grabs for that one. The only two banner I want beyond my Lone Wolf are Dogs of War and Death Guard.

Glacier Poltergeist is great.

I thought it was a piece of crap for a while. Finally I settled on Mag + HVB. That works well.

But you have to have it at X~
And now for something completely different.

Fuck it. I'm using the Eagle.

The melee damage was a grind but it didn't feel like one. Going for Blookpack at the same time means Krogan and Vorcha and Batarian's excellent melee makes it easier. They synergize well together.

And I could use my almighty Eagle VI for this, haha. I just might.

Bisnic

I kinda like the Valkyrie in the campaign, so it's nice to see it added in multiplayer. Dunno how strong it will be for Gold though.

Sai

Valkyrie's pretty nice with the Stability 'n Scope mods. Might need either a weight reduction and/or damage buff for multiplayer though.

[EDIT] - Finally got the AR Thermal Scope, the additional weight isn't hurting my Turian Ghost much, so I'll definitely be keeping it on his Saber—need to get it leveled up quick so I can snipe through smoke 'n cover proper. :D

Still no Asari Valkyrie though. Game's usually quick to give me those new characters, this is out of the ordinary for me.

Omega

Banned
Fortunate enough to get two Volus Adept cards, and a Collector SMG from my last few PSPs. Now each Volus needs one more unlock to wrap up. No Asari Valkyrie yet, oddly enough...

[EDIT] - Oh, and still no AR Thermal Scope... :(

i thought heat sink doesn't work on collector smg? i thought i read that on the bsn forums.

Bisnic

Trying to get Over-Cover Grab challenges can be annoying when they all try to stay away from me unless there is like 2 of them left, then they suddenly decide to go into melee range... 166/250 for now... getting there. Then i'll have 600k points of Melee damage to do. ;_;

First time with the Acolyte with the Turian Soldier and running it with marksman makes geth bombers a joke. With the piranha as a secondary makes it feel like farming again. :)

DY_nasty

Why? She has no powers that are strong without a Biotic Explosion. Skip the passive and max fitness.

I'll write up a build later. I'm at work right now, but its the perfect close-range hybrid build. Tech Armor explosions, AF sapping, and good old warp/expose is amazing.

Melchiah

WTF?! I just played a solo run with Kroguard/Hurricane, and used mostly the weapon to kill the enemies. Ended up with over 90k points, yet the N7 HQ website shows I haven't earned any points in the Operation Valkyrie. =/

On a side note, the Hurricane seems to be a highly effective weapon. Even Atlas yielded in a matter of seconds. Too bad some stabilizers are mandatory for it to be usable.

Melchiah

It turned out I had to boot up the game, as the weekend mission wasn't active. Played two solo matches for nothing. EA/Bioware should sort their shit out.

Mindlog

Goddamit :( All I wanted was to try the N7 Valkyrie and the stupid ass RNG gave me a Hurricane VI instead.

No wait!
Jackpot.

This thread has done an excellent job articulating my beliefs on Fury vs Valkyrie. I was leaning towards it earlier and was just about to respec when I saw that build. My build had a few minor differences, but this one is dedicated to what the Valkyrie does best.

The Valkyrie is a boss killer.

About how much is 50000 points? Been awhile since I played and most of my classes were promoted so I'd probably have to stick to Bronze and Silver.

About how much is 50000 points? Been awhile since I played and most of my classes were promoted so I'd probably have to stick to Bronze and Silver.
i dont really get your question. its 50,000 points. the stupid thing is it only counts the points you score using that weapon. so if u get 90k in a gold match, it might only be 20k points depending on your play style

Sai

Servers drop right as I'm about to snag my 80k credits... -_-

On the plus side, I've gotten my Armored Compartments & Assault Loadout Gear at V! Medi-Gel Transmitter & Responder Loadout are still at II, while I still haven't unlocked the Survivor Loadout yet...

Asari Valkyrie drops are still few 'n far between my PSPs. Still need two more appearance unlocks for her.

[EDIT] - I'm really not seeing the point of the AR's High-Velocity Barrel. Seems like just a slightly beefier Piercing Mod... Should have given it a 25% damage bonus on top of all that—like the Shotgun 'n Sniper's High-Velocity Barrels— to justify the additional weight.

Did it just fine on Silver with my N7 Valiant 'n Hurricane. It's cumulative across all the N7 promotional weapons, so if you're carrying two of them like I was, it'll still count if you switch.

Melchiah

i dont really get your question. its 50,000 points. the stupid thing is it only counts the points you score using that weapon. so if u get 90k in a gold match, it might only be 20k points depending on your play style

There seems to be no sense in how it's calculated. It took me one and half solo matches to reach 50k, eventhough I used the Hurricane to kill almost all the enemies, and scored over 90k per match.

Omega

Banned
There seems to be no sense in how it's calculated. It took me one and half solo matches to reach 50k, eventhough I used the Hurricane to kill almost all the enemies, and scored over 90k per match.

did you do all the damage with it?

if you used powers then you also get points for that

just throwing that out there, i've been matched up with plenty of people who seem to think if it says "Human [weapon] Enemy" that all those points for the kill go towards the weapon.

Top Bottom