• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's faster for melee damage points? Silver or Bronze? Solo or full team? Wondering how i should farm those last 500k (sigh) points now.

X-Frame

What's faster for melee damage points? Silver or Bronze? Solo or full team? Wondering how i should farm those last 500k (sigh) points now.

I would go KroGuard on Silver, Solo, specced for maximum melee damage + Juggernaut Shield + Shotgun Omni-Blade. You'll one-shot most, if not all except armored troopers (even Phantoms). Probably Geth if possible since none of them can sync kill you. And just melee everything, charge, melee, charge, etc. You'll get tons of melee points.

On a side note, when did the Eagle become awesome? With a Pistol Amp III & Commando Package V it can take down a Gold Atlas from max armor to death in 3 clips. Not bad for a "weak" automatic pistol.

Chocobro

Got around to playing more often for the past few weeks so I do apologize if my post is formatted poorly. I went back to silver since 1) I can't carry everyone on Gold and my buds don't play when I do and 2) I promoted all my classes for one of the challenges. Doesn't look like I'll attempt to get the majority of the challenge banners, too much of a grind, especially with the low tier weapons and classes I don't really like to use.

I did get a chance to use the Acolyte after the change, it's pretty damn good on the N7 Fury (not sure how the combo will fare on Gold). Question: the reason for the removal of the charging mechanic was to prevent the missile exploit, couldn't the exploiters use the Graal Spike Thrower or the Kishock Harpoon Gun instead or am I missing something?

Got the N7 Valkyrie from this week's challenge, but I haven't tried it yet. Am I missing much?

Lastly, it is going to take me forever to get my Manifest to a point where I am satisfied :(

exYle

Got around to playing more often for the past few weeks so I do apologize if my post is formatted poorly. I went back to silver since 1) I can't carry everyone on Gold and my buds don't play when I do and 2) I promoted all my classes for one of the challenges. Doesn't look like I'll attempt to get the majority of the challenge banners, too much of a grind, especially with the low tier weapons and classes I don't really like to use.
(

I did the same!

...I thoroughly regret it

Sai

Lol, not that I really wanted it or anything, but I finally unlocked the Wraith. At least all the UR weapons are available to me now.

Volus Engineer's maxed, and one more unlock left for the Volus Adept.

... Hurricane VIII
You 'n Bis gon' git cut! >:x

Melchiah

did you do all the damage with it?

if you used powers then you also get points for that

just throwing that out there, i've been matched up with plenty of people who seem to think if it says "Human [weapon] Enemy" that all those points for the kill go towards the weapon.

Mostly. I only killed a handful of enemies with charge, as I needed to recharge the shields.

Jinjo

Lol. Now my Turian Ghost glitched into having too many points. I think it happens when you get a character card that makes your class level up. It seems the new characters then glitch their points and all points show as not being spent even though they are.

In other words: my turian ghost has now become a god. Maxed out everything, including overload & fitness. Any confirmation yet on bannings for this glitch? Can't promote classes since they're not lv 20 yet....

Sai

If you can't promote just yet, use a reset card, and only spend enough points appropriate to your level. Bioware bans people that play games with glitched characters.

If you can't promote just yet, use a reset card, and only spend enough points appropriate to your level. Bioware bans people that play games with glitched characters.
why should he waste a consumable due to biowares fault? i wish i would be able.to.glitch id love a maxed out character.

X-Frame

With so many characters going to be released, the chances of getting Level IV consumables is going up and up.

I just really want to max out my Gold Gear, since I still have a good amount left. Opening 4 PSP's and each one having at least 1 IV consumable isn't very motivating.

Jinjo

So I can't even have fun with it 'till I reach lv20? Lame.

It's doesn't make sense that you're gonna get banned in a co-operative multiplayer game for something small like this. I get the credit & missile glitching, but this is kinda innocent compared to that. Not to mention your fellow players have no clue.

Not to mention that people who don't read specific gaming forums and whatnot are clueless to the consequences of this innocent skill point glitch.

Bisnic

Some Bioware guy on BSN said they wouldn't ban people for playing one with the glitch a few times, UNLESS they are exclusively playing that character past what is resonable for the players to "fix" it, in other words, if they keep playing this character a lot after they reached lvl 20 and don't bother promoting so they can keep playing with a character stronger than it should be.

Anyway, let's say it's your Turian Ghost that is glitched and you're still too scared to lvl him to 20 to promote him because you don't trust the EA Ban Hammer despite what this guy said... couldn't you just play another Infiltrator character until the class is lvl 20 then? Not all the Infiltrators would be affected by this glitch no?

Chocobro

I did the same!

...I thoroughly regret it

Same here, I probably should've kept my Infiltrator just to play Gold. Also promoted so the character card exp from PSP's don't go to waste; I don't use many of the classes (Vanguard, Adept, Soldier) that often anymore.

Going to go back to using a GI with a Piranha IV, the rate of getting money isn't cutting it for me on silver. Still having a hard time deciding TC rank 4: duration or damage; HM rank 6: speed&vision or damage? I used duration/speed&vision before; most people seem to say damage/damage.

X-Frame

I put a Harrier III on my Turian Ghost running 6/6/6/4/4 w/ Warfighter V and with Warp Ammo III he just melts everything on Gold. Atlas' go down in 2 clips.

I can't imagine what the Harrier is like when it's X.

got a crusader I in my commendation pack - this thing is too heavy so no point for my playstyle. In the next PSP i got a paladin II, i wish they gave me the URs i actually wanted...

*Talon III*

About how much is 50000 points? Been awhile since I played and most of my classes were promoted so I'd probably have to stick to Bronze and Silver.

If you mainly use the N7 gun, like 1-2 matches max depending on playstyle, not hard at all. I used the Talon, completed halfway through the second match on Bronze.

Bisnic

*Talon III*

If you mainly use the N7 gun, like 1-2 matches max depending on playstyle, not hard at all. I used the Talon, completed halfway through the second match on Bronze.

But the Talon isn't a N7 gun, unless you mean the Eagle?

Mindlog

Bahaha.

What's old is new again, Part 68.

Melee Geth Infiltrator.

I sort of like the Dogs of War Banner, but the melee requirement is going to take too long. Then I remembered the old Melee Geth Infiltrator. I haven't used it in months so I wasn't sure if it was still effective on Gold (with a Volus spamming shield charge it's very very easy.) Signed up for Glacier/Cerberus/Gold with randoms.

We extract in 15 minutes and I end up scoring 120k with at least 80k in melee points.
I might get this banner after all.

My build.
2528.4375 AoE melee damage out of cloak.
:Krogan Laughter:

Bisnic

Bahaha.

What's old is new again, Part 68.

Melee Geth Infiltrator.

I sort of like the Dogs of War Banner, but the melee requirement is going to take too long. Then I remembered the old Melee Geth Infiltrator. I haven't used it in months so I wasn't sure if it was still effective on Gold (with a Volus spamming shield charge it's very very easy.) Signed up for Glacier/Cerberus/Gold with randoms.

We extract in 15 minutes and I end up scoring 120k with at least 80k in melee points.
I might get this banner after all.

My build.
2528.4375 AoE melee damage out of cloak.
:Krogan Laughter:

I got the Dog of War title yesterday. I simply took a small map like Glacier, my Kroguard, and proceed to melee everything while soloing a Silver match. Could easily get 80-90k melee points that way without fear of dying. Geths makes it a little easier since nothing can kill you in one hit and they all die in one or two heavy melee attacks, except the Primes of course.

I just almost got Solo Mastery, only to get snuck up on and insta-killed by an invisible Banshee on Wave 10....

Edit: Giving up on that and working on Reaper Mastery. All I need to complete are the Husk challenges, but they barely ever spawn and aren't worth many points. Tips anyone?

X-Frame

The Collector Assault Rifle is pretty damn effective in the hands of a Ghost .. though the Ghost makes all AR's that much more viable. I've gotten 110,000 Collector Assault Rifle points in 2 games with him on Gold.

Does it have a headshot modifier? Because I could swear that as soon as I zero in on heads their damage taken seems to double or even triple.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I got the Valiant. What value does this weapon have?

X-Frame

Saved up a million credits for tuesday. I hope geth soldier is released!

Found Hurricane III in my commendation pack.

Oh, me too!

He would be a great addition to the Machine Mastery challenge that I want to go for. I am curious as to how powerful his Flamer will be all suped up with power damage bonuses. Should be at least 2x as powerful as the Vorcha's.

Oh, me too!

He would be a great addition to the Machine Mastery challenge that I want to go for. I am curious as to how powerful his Flamer will be all suped up with power damage bonuses. Should be at least 2x as powerful as the Vorcha's.

I prefer playing as a Geth, it will be nice to have a tanky class to play.

exYle

Adepts:
Volus: stasis, biotic orbs, shield boost.
Krogan shaman: barrier, shockwave, warp.
Batarian slasher: warp, cluster grenade, lash.

Soldiers:
Turian havoc: cryo blast, havoc strike, stimulant pack.
Geth trooper: hunter mode, flamer, fortification.
Quarian marksman: marksman, tactical scan, sabotage.

Engineers:
Volus: proximity mine, shield boost, recon mine.
Turian saboteur: sabotage, sentry turret, homing grenade.
Vorcha hunter: bloodlust, incinerate, submission net.

Sentinels:
Volus mercenary: decoy, combat drone, shield boost.
Asari valkyrie (droooool, on a personal note): tech armor, annihilation field, warp.

Infiltrators:
Turian ghost: overload, tactical cloak, stimulant pack.
Drell assassin: tactical cloak, homing grenade, recon mine.
Asari huntress (again, droooool): tactical cloak, dark channel, warp.

Vanguards:
Volus protector: biotic charge, biotic orbs, shield boost.
Batarian brawler: biotic charge, blade armor, lash.

These are all of the DLC character powers.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Geth Trooper with fortification and hunter mode is quite the combo. Really looking forward to that, Batarian Brawler and Asari Huntress.

I really hope they buff hunter mode, N7 Destroyer gets a better passive it only makes him slower. Half shields is far worse, and is a liability in anything over silver.

keeth

Neo Member

The Valiant's my favourite gun in the game.

I still only have it at level 1, and it's great. The reload is so fast, and with any AP mod it just cuts down mobs (granted, I play on Silver). Cryo ammo is fun too - one shot for freeze, the next for kill. Double-tap!

Hope you have fun with it.

exYle

I really hope they buff hunter mode, N7 Destroyer gets a better passive it only makes him slower. Half shields is far worse, and is a liability in anything over silver.

Hunter Mode is an amazing buff for the Infiltrator. Weapon damage buff, power recharge speed buff, wall hack, and speed buff. It's not as useful on the Engineer, though, mainly because of the shield thing.

Bisnic

Batarian Brawler is basically the same thing as the Phoenix Vanguard, except they replaced Smash by Blade Armor. Doesn't seem that interesting. Well, at least he'll have more health and shield.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Batarian Brawler is basically the same thing as the Phoenix Vanguard, except they replaced Smash by Blade Armor. Doesn't seem that interesting. Well, at least he'll have more health and shield.

Batarian Melee + Charge + Blade Armor might be the first practical melee build on Platinum

X-Frame

How does the Geth Bomber have more overall health than a Geth Pyro? That little POS is tougher to take down than any other Geth besides a Prime? Seems excessive.

How does the Geth Bomber have more overall health than a Geth Pyro? That little POS is tougher to take down than any other Geth besides a Prime? Seems excessive.

I hate those things. I was using a Sentinel and Warp/Throw have difficulty homing in on it because it's so small and fast. Only seem to be able to hit it directly.

The swarm on Firebase Glacier is so annoying, especially against Reapers. Dodging Banshees and swarms is not fun.

Stantron

So if you need to do the pizza delivery objective with a Krogan, walk backwards while doing light melee. You will move much faster.

So if you need to do the pizza delivery objective with a Krogan, walk backwards while doing light melee. You will move much faster.
i saw one guy constantly teleporting and dropping the object but he zapped across.the map so.fast and didnt get hit once. not sure how he did it but it was awesome.

Jinjo

i saw one guy constantly teleporting and dropping the object but he zapped across.the map so.fast and didnt get hit once. not sure how he did it but it was awesome.

Was he an Asari? Cause I know you can keep dodging backwards and immediately pick up the object again, keep doing that and you'll be flying across the map.

Bisnic

The balance changes wont be up until tomorrow, but we've got an idea what to expect at least.

Hey everyone, unfortunately we have to delay the balance changes this week. We hope to get them out tomorrow.

As a preview of this week's changes, we are reducing the damage done by the Scion's cannon and looking at giving the following weapons some buffs:
- Geth Pulse Rifle
- Mantis Sniper Rifle
- Raptor Sniper Rifle
- Incisor Sniper Rifle

Top Bottom