• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Am I going insane or is it now possible to revive someone in the process of being hugged by a Banshee?

I was under the assumption that when that happens it was actually another enemy that downed the player before the Banshee could sync kill them, which puts them Downed and not dead.

I was under the assumption that when that happens it was actually another enemy that downed the player before the Banshee could sync kill them, which puts them Downed and not dead.
its a glitch..when it happens to me i respawn at the beginning of the map, particularly with the volus.

Omega

Banned
Okay cool, if all you guys had success spamming Veteran packs for Uncommon gear then I will do that. :)

this is the easiest way. everyone just wants to jump right into specter or premiums for the good weapons then bitch when they don't have their uncommons.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
this is the easiest way. everyone just wants to jump right into specter or premiums for the good weapons then bitch when they don't have their uncommons.

preach

the system is a bit top heavy... ridiculously so

but uncommon gear is important too. plus you get to load up

Omega

Banned
preach

the system is a bit top heavy... ridiculously so

but uncommon gear is important too. plus you get to load up

yeah. even though guns like the Harrier/Particle Rifle/Paladin/Black Widow are great you don't actually NEED them.

While they're not as damaging, guns like the Phaeston, Mattock, Mantis, Phalanx are all good.

plus like you said, you build up your equipment.

X-Frame

My Krogan Shaman's powers bugged out.

I have a 6/6/6/4/5 right now and it says -10 @ Level 19. So when I hit 20 now sure what my points will be at, but I have more than usual right now.

"Skarr" is now powered up beyond normal Battlemaster standards. :)

EDIT: And according to BSN users, playing with a character who has bugged more points than normal is bannable. Really? That seems excessive for something I never did. They want me to promote or respec? I guess it's not worth the risk.

Where do I complain about not gettin' mah pack?

I want mah pack!!!

They said some people wouldn't get theirs by Monday. If it's not there by Monday night, get a hold of them bitches and demand some compensation.

So tonight was a fun night of PUG Bronze only ME3 Multiplayer. First group: someone screaming at another person for using missiles on Banshees and it degenerated to them just calling each other dickbags over and over. Second group: Some pre-pubescent kids talking about how using a Geth Pulse Rifle on a Geth Infiltrator is FUCKIN' AWESOME BRAH! PS3 clearly has the best community. CLEARLY.

Also I got myself a Cerb Harrier V tonight. Aww yiss.

I have a 6/6/6/4/5 right now and it says -10 @ Level 19. So when I hit 20 now sure what my points will be at, but I have more than usual right now.

EDIT: And according to BSN users, playing with a character who has bugged more points than normal is bannable. Really? That seems excessive for something I never did. They want me to promote or respec? I guess it's not worth the risk.

i HATE this mentality. "hi, weve made a huge mistake that had nothing to do with you, if you keep supporting our game even through these horrendous glitches you will be banned!"

fuck that! Its like when the Missile Glitch first came out, i never did it but if i entered a lobby in platinum and someone was using it i protected them till we extracted. Its not my fault this happened fix your own damn game. Im not going to exit a game and lose my consumables because you made a mistake and are trying to make it my fault.

yeah. even though guns like the Harrier/Particle Rifle/Paladin/Black Widow are great you don't actually NEED them.

While they're not as damaging, guns like the Phaeston, Mattock, Mantis, Phalanx are all good.

plus like you said, you build up your equipment.

I think the Harrier is the best gun in the game - mines at II and i wish i had it at X. I know you dont NEED ultra rares but after the sheer amount of time i have put into this game i should have more.

I still dont have a typhoon or a javelin :(

DY_nasty

Yeah... The Harrier is easily the best weapon in the game. I've had it at I since it released, and every match I have it out (with a class that can support the weight) has been a cakewalk.

Jinjo

That's such bullshit. Did an actual dev say that or just the users? I have a glitched Volus adept. Going to be banned for something I used once, that wasn't even my fault is bullshit. Hell, it doesn't even really give that much an advantage. People you play with don't even know, since it isn't an obvious thing.

X-Frame

i HATE this mentality. "hi, weve made a huge mistake that had nothing to do with you, if you keep supporting our game even through these horrendous glitches you will be banned!"

fuck that! Its like when the Missile Glitch first came out, i never did it but if i entered a lobby in platinum and someone was using it i protected them till we extracted. Its not my fault this happened fix your own damn game. Im not going to exit a game and lose my consumables because you made a mistake and are trying to make it my fault.

I agree, I think it's ridiculous as well. I should be able to use my super Shaman until the devs fix it with a patch or balance changes. It's not my fault my game bugged out.

That's such bullshit. Did an actual dev say that or just the users? I have a glitched Volus adept. Going to be banned for something I used once, that wasn't even my fault is bullshit. Hell, it doesn't even really give that much an advantage. People you play with don't even know, since it isn't an obvious thing.

Apparently it was bannable the last time this happened, nobody in the thread I made referred to any Dev quote or when this happened the last time and people got banned .. so I can't even be 100% sure. Maybe I should just PM a Dev and see exactly what they say.

They should worry about fixing the "I cant move, fire, change weapon or reload for 3 waves" bug, the "invisible enemies i cant see" bug, the "Loud sounds which then shut off and leave the game silent" bug and all the other game breaking bugs before they fix shit like the missile glitch and extra XP bugs.

I think the Harrier is the best gun in the game - mines at II and i wish i had it at X. I know you dont NEED ultra rares but after the sheer amount of time i have put into this game i should have more.

I have it at I and it's still my favorite AR in the game. It melts enemies away like butter.

this is bullshit, how bout they patch it instead going on a ban spree.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I have it at I and it's still my favorite AR in the game. It melts enemies away like butter.

this is bullshit, how bout they patch it instead going on a ban spree.

They're obviously going to fix it, but until that day happen, if you abuse a bug that make your characters stronger than they should be, you're looking for trouble, no matter the game. Just like people who used the missile glitch.

They're obviously going to fix it, but until that day happen, if you abuse a bug that make your characters stronger than they should be, you're looking for trouble, no matter the game. Just like people who used the missile glitch.
thats bullshit. what is he supposed to do? NOT level up his character?

its a glitch from.THEIR side and the onus is on them to fix it. also, why should anyone care? its a coop game so no one loses out. ive never understood people reporting glitchers on mass effect. what is the point? it doesnt hurt any player one bit.

Bisnic

thats bullshit. what is he supposed to do? NOT level up his character?

its a glitch from.THEIR side and the onus is on them to fix it. also, why should anyone care? its a coop game so no one loses out. ive never understood people reporting glitchers on mass effect. what is the point? it doesnt hurt any player one bit.

Isn't it just a glitch that gives you more points than you should have at lvl 20? So just promote your character then? Or did i miss another part?

Omega

Banned

you're not missing much on the typhoon. mine is at X and the only reason i've used it in the past two months is because of the challenge.

PPR is the best assault rifle imo, but it doesn't shine until at least level V. It has too low of ammo before then to be "useful" on anyone other than the Destroyer. but man, once you get it at a high enough level, put that assault rifle HVB on it and everything just melts within seconds.

also, that person could just choose to not max out every ability. This game has been out long enough for people to know that 6/6/6/6/0, 6/6/6/5/3, 6/6/5/5/4, 6/5/5/5/5 and 6/6/6/4/4 are the only possible combos.

while I don't support the banning, you choosing to simply ignore logic is you're own fault so whatever happens, happens.

The Krogan Soldier is amazing. I specced it for 3/6/6/5/6.

Fortification and the 25% dam. reduction is useful.

But maxed carnage and inferno grenades make this thing a beast.

Fire Explosions all day! Strap up with a Harrier V and enemies go down fast.

Bisnic

Man... the Monster title is a pain to grind, 200 waves to do with 5 classes is ridiculous, and im not even halfway there yet! And while im doing that, all i play is Batarians and Krogans. :( Well, not that i hate Krogans of course, but i like playing something else once in a while.

Mindlog

Yeah I've given up on pursuing banners aggressively. It's just way too much time. Lone Wolf and Biotic God were easy, but after that every banner seems to have one or two ridiculous challenges. It's almost impossible to get faction specific challenges just playing Gold/Plat and I'd rather not drop down to Silver to chase another banner.

Centurian, Guadrians and Husks are nowhere to be found on Gold.

X-Frame

Man... the Monster title is a pain to grind, 200 waves to do with 5 classes is ridiculous, and im not even halfway there yet! And while im doing that, all i play is Batarians and Krogans. :( Well, not that i hate Krogans of course, but i like playing something else once in a while.

I agree. I'm going for that too, and in hindsight I sort of wish I didn't go for and get my Reaper Mastery banner and now am close to finishing Cerberus. Avoiding an entire enemy faction limits public rooms too much. I should've just let those come naturally and focused on other stuff.

I'm close to Monster, and after that I don't know which one I want. Machine Mastery seems the shortest plus all great characters to play as: Female/Male Quarians and the Geth with the newly buffed Javelin.

The Commando Mastery also have great characters all Turians and Asari and Salarians but it is the longest one -- even longer than Blood Pack.

Does anyone here have the Earth Mastery banner?

Xevren

I wish banners gave a small buff or something. Extra incentive to actually go for one, as is I really don't care all that much. Only played once this weekend to go for the challenge, Valiant 4. Meh.

Lol the Turian Ghost infiltrator is so OP. I was playing on gold with a level 1 Quarian male infiltrator with a PPR and two Volus. manage to keep everyone alive and get an full extraction. Harrier I plus AP ammo tears tho the Collectors. But got another Volus from the SP...I really want a Geth or the N7 Destroyer :(

Lol the Turian Ghost infiltrator is so OP. I was playing on gold with a level 1 Quarian male infiltrator with a PPR and two Volus. manage to keep everyone alive and get an full extraction. Harrier I plus AP ammo tears tho the Collectors. But got another Volus from the SP...I really want a Geth or the N7 Destroyer :(
i dont get the character but ur obv. very good if u can do that. ive maxed out my volus buddies but still no damn particle rifle or typhoon....

EekTheKat

LTTP, but the acolyte is a must have in every one of my loadouts on every character now. Such an incredibly useful weapon in general.

Platinum was unplayable for me on PS3 this weekend, kept bumping into the same 3 rocket glitchers. Whenever I did leave their game mid match the matchmaker would drop me back into the very same match immediately.

Gold was a good time though. So many faces were smashed by a Kroguard swinging a weapon wildly.

This was the first time I had to press the Mass Effect panic button on top of their blog page to get my case reviewed due to not receiving a pack this weekend. I think I did something ridiculous like from having 0 melee kills to almost finishing the melee kills 3 challenge in one weekend.

Got back into this after a couple months away.

I'm liking the little improvements they made, like automatically starting the game if 3/4 people are ready, and the extraction credits.

Omega

Banned

the Ghost is so OP it's ridiculous. He's going to get nerfed in some way. My guess is Grenade Capacity/Warfighter/Shock Trooper not giving extra stimpacks.

I'm not complaining, because I love it. Turians were always my favorite and the two soldiers are pretty lacking, and the Turian Sentinel is average at best. Finally there's a Turian worth using

but it's pretty obvious he won't stay the way he is now. Glad I got to use him before he gets nerfed hard because I never got a chance to use the Krysae or Typhoon pre-nerf.

X-Frame

Nerfing anything always discourages me to play with what they nerfed. I hate that. Either play test the new content beforehand so that every single weapon isn't OP or don't nerf it. People are excited about a new weapon or class then it gets nerfed. It sucks. I hope they don't touch him. I only played 2 games with him as I'm working on the Bloodpack now but he is next.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Nerfing anything always discourages me to play with what they nerfed. I hate that. Either play test the new content beforehand so that every single weapon isn't OP or don't nerf it.

It is basically impossible to perfectly balance any multiplayer game in the closed environment of a development studio. There are numerous oddities and factors that will not become apparently until the multiplayer element has been exposed to a very wide audience. This is why so many multiplayers have pre-launch betas.

If you want to argue that balance in a co-op game like ME3 is unnecessary, fine. But every multiplayer game ever, and forever, nerfs/buffs stuff post launch.

X-Frame

It is basically impossible to perfectly balance any multiplayer game in the closed environment of a development studio. There are numerous oddities and factors that will not become apparently until the multiplayer element has been exposed to a very wide audience. This is why so many multiplayers have pre-launch betas.

If you want to argue that balance in a co-op game like ME3 is unnecessary, fine. But every multiplayer game ever, and forever, nerfs/buffs stuff post launch.

You're right, I won't disagree. I am just saying from a psychological perspective that it seems it would be better in the long term to release something on the side of it being weak and buff it to an acceptable level than vice versa.

the Ghost is so OP it's ridiculous. He's going to get nerfed in some way. My guess is Grenade Capacity/Warfighter/Shock Trooper not giving extra stimpacks.

I'm not complaining, because I love it. Turians were always my favorite and the two soldiers are pretty lacking, and the Turian Sentinel is average at best. Finally there's a Turian worth using

but it's pretty obvious he won't stay the way he is now. Glad I got to use him before he gets nerfed hard because I never got a chance to use the Krysae or Typhoon pre-nerf.
Agreed, I might try to do a solo gold run before he gets nerf.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You're right, I won't disagree. I am just saying from a psychological perspective that it seems it would be better in the long term to release something on the side of it being weak and buff it to an acceptable level than vice versa.

I know that feel :(. Still no Vorcha soldier, and thanks to the nerf I'll never be able to experience combined Reegar Carbine and flamethrower.

This game is really getting frustrating. The only thing I get in SPs and PSPs are attachments and the Argus Rifle. What are the best classes/builds for solo Platinum?

Sai

How are you guys speccin' the Turian Ghost? I've been more interested in the Havoc because of it's likeness to the Vanguard.

Does he have some crazy potential for damage output somethin'?

exYle

How are you guys speccin' the Turian Ghost? I've been more interested in the Havoc because of it's likeness to the Vanguard.

Well, with the TC assault rifle buff, and Stim Pack specced for damage, and the passive for weapon damage, the Ghost's damage output is much greater than the Havoc.

DY_nasty

6/6/6/6/0 - because Turian Mobility is godlike. The Havoc though... it's almost like a Vanguard, but because of the shield recharge it falls behind a bit. It's nice that it has much more invulnerability than Charge (along with the heavy melee) but that shield boost is what makes spamhard possible.
Well, with the TC assault rifle buff, and Stim Pack specced for damage, and the passive for weapon damage, the Ghost's damage output is much greater than the Havoc.

The damage spike between decloak, turian passives, stim is enough to kill damn near anything in one clip.

Its a perfect class. The only issue for it is dealing with mobs of mid-level enemies.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/?mobile#46DLRMJB0@0FA@@E0D4@0@0

Pretty sure this is the build I am using now, give or take. Personally people will say you dont need fitness points cause of his drug habits. But I rather have a shield and health, so i can take some beating before popping his pills.

Jinjo

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/?mobile#46DLRMJB0@0FA@@E0D4@0@0

Pretty sure this is the build I am using now, give or take. Personally people will say you dont need fitness points cause of his drug habits. But I rather have a shield and health, so i can take some beating before popping his pills.

This is pretty much the build I got going as well, except I put the lv5 fitness ability (shield recharge) into overload (chain overload) and choose power damage instead of headshot damage, since headshot damage buff is already pretty high (200% or something?) and along with the normal weapon bonuses you don't really need it. Rather have some extra oomph to my overload. Question though, would power damage also up the bonus damage from cloak? I think not, but I'm not sure.

X-Frame

I wish my next UR was a Wraith. Still don't have one and it should make my Shotgun Mastery go by easier without having to use a Schmiter or Katana. I also don't have a Crusader. I'm gimped for that challenge.

I'm only using the Disciple because of the Commando Mastery challenge, which is very rough and needs to be used on Silver or lower.

Sai

Okay, Ghost is beast.

I ignored Overload in favor of the Fitness tree, for the melee/weapon damage boost. Had 'im equipped with the Saber(w/ scope/dmg mods)

Everything goes down so... FAST... D: And with a scoped Saber, he still kinda feels like a traditional Infiltrator. :D

[EDIT] - I hate how this game always gives me the weapon mods I want the most last. Been dying for that AR Thermal Scope since saw it's leaked description a while back—my Saber needs it! O_O

Top Bottom