• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Melchiah

The balance changes wont be up until tomorrow, but we've got an idea what to expect at least.

Hey everyone, unfortunately we have to delay the balance changes this week. We hope to get them out tomorrow.

As a preview of this week's changes, we are reducing the damage done by the Scion's cannon and looking at giving the following weapons some buffs:
- Geth Pulse Rifle

- Mantis Sniper Rifle
- Raptor Sniper Rifle
- Incisor Sniper Rifle

Wohoo!

I swear the vanguard volus is going to GLITCH like crazy. Every time my volus gets assassinated by a banshee he goes through the floor and appears on the other side of the map. I forsee more vanguard glitches taking over.

Bioware still havent fixed the "No buttons do anything" glitch either. I like how their nerfing weapons changes take over the game breaking bug changes.

The Destroyer is absolutely useless now - those changes made him from a tank to such a useless character - another one i can cross of my list.

So far i use human engineer, volus engineer and thats pretty much it. Hopefully the drell assassin will make me want to play again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't shake the feeling that we're getting the Batarian Vanguard today, which makes me feel like I saved up 2 million credits for nothing.

I'm expecting Drell Assassin, didn't they buff Drells last week? That seems like a good time for this.

Chocobro

So there's a Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Halloween Challenge:

HalloweenPromo.jpg

October 31st – November 5th (9:00 a.m. PDT)

Unnerving reports from the front indicate that the Collector reinforcements are more numerous than we feared. At this point, we do not know if our numbers are accurate or if psychological warfare is at work. We need to engage the enemy to assess their true strength.

Halloween Challenge – Complete the three Halloween challenges to earn the Halloween Challenge Banner.

Ghostbuster: Requires 5 extractions on Firebase Ghost or Firebase Ghost Hazard

Zombie Hunter: Requires 7500 points against husks/abominations.

Monster Killer: Requires 10000 points against brutes/scions/praetorians/banshees.

All challenges can be completed on any map at any difficulty.

Bryan Johnson: "Note that this does not grant a commendation pack
This also does not add to your squad elite, N7 Weekend Operation Challenge"

Bisnic

...and the vanguard glitch is back...i got it with my ghost infiltrator. stuck in the floor and cant get out. great testing bioware!

I fail to see how it's the same glitch. Vanguard glitch made it so your character was walking in midair, most of the time stuck in a falling animation, so you couldn't shoot or move for the rest of the game.

Bisnic

Batguard is the new unlok. Saved millions of credits for next week I guess....

Batguard sound like a new defensive attack for Batman. :p

Even though i had my doubts about him sooner, he does sound more fun to play than the Phoenix Vanguard, which i already like.

Bisnic

He plays like a weaker Kroguard, imo.

What i like about the Phoenix Vanguard is spamming Lash on every non-armored targets. It's a very useful power and makes those targets vulnerable for a long time and they can't even attack during that time, and I use Biotic Charge to refill my shield when needed... "Batguard" sound just like what i want... the same gameplay, but with a character with more health and shield, so Biotic Charge wont be quite as risky. Phoenix Vanguard really doesnt have enough health and shield.

Bisnic

I was talking about the Batarian. Plus I play Gold/Platinum so Lash is kinda meh. Smash is great though.

Yeah I know that, i was just saying how i'll play the new Batarian just like the Phoenix Vanguard. Lash is still useful in Gold when you need to completely stop all those regular troopers with or without a shield/barrier and Phantoms from shooting at your team.

I don't bother with Platinum since the DLC though, so can't say about that. :p

Mindlog

I'm going to end up unlocking like 4 banners at almost the same time. I was set on Dog of War, but after checking them all out I like Earth (Survivor) the best. I'll use that one after this Halloween banner has run its course.

My last game to finally unlock my Earth banner was fantastic. I used my N7 Fury on Ghost(H)/Reapers/Gold and completely wrecked everything. All 4 of us had a banner and I still cleared 150k. Might start jumping back into U/U/P pubs again.

X-Frame

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy I can't participate in this fun Halloween event. No power and it seems it will be like this for another week. Cell service seems to have been just restored an hour ago.

How is the BatGuard?

Xevren

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy I can't participate in this fun Halloween event. No power and it seems it will be like this for another week. Cell service seems to have been just restored an hour ago.

How is the BatGuard?

They extended the challenge to the 5th due to the hurricane, hopefully that will help.

Mindlog

Took my Turian Ghost out to play my first platinum map in a long time (U/Reapers/P.)
I end up in a lobby with 3 Volus on Rio.

I did not know that farming technique was a thing now. It was funny, but I'm never doing that again.

I fail to see how it's the same glitch. Vanguard glitch made it so your character was walking in midair, most of the time stuck in a falling animation, so you couldn't shoot or move for the rest of the game.

Its the same glitch (almost) because i died doing a heavy melee charge - i then went through the floor and was in mid air. I could shoot and move in a 2x2m box (i would always shoot with the vanguard glitch as well) - You fail to see how its the same glitch? its still a glitch which put me out of helping my squad for 5 rounds and left me from top scorer to 4th score by the end. At this stage of the game these kind of things should NOT be happening and they are happening regularly with every update.

Ive noticed bioware are much more involved in balancing/nerfing the good guns rather than actually fixing game breaking bugs.

exYle

Its the same glitch (almost) because i died doing a heavy melee charge - i then went through the floor and was in mid air. I could shoot and move in a 2x2m box (i would always shoot with the vanguard glitch as well) - You fail to see how its the same glitch? its still a glitch which put me out of helping my squad for 5 rounds and left me from top scorer to 4th score by the end. At this stage of the game these kind of things should NOT be happening and they are happening regularly with every update.

Ive noticed bioware are much more involved in balancing/nerfing the good guns rather than actually fixing game breaking bugs.

That's not really their fault. They can push through the balance changes in game because all they're changing is numbers, but they need a certification for their patches.

That's not really their fault. They can push through the balance changes in game because all they're changing is numbers, but they need a certification for their patches.

I understand your point, however, shouldnt the MAJORITY of these bugs be captured in testing?

While there is no doubt they have supported this game well, the problem has been there have been lingering bugs since day 1. then they claim they have fixed them - and another set of bugs come up.

What i would like is a fully functioning game from start to finish for once.

exYle

I understand your point, however, shouldnt the MAJORITY of these bugs be captured in testing?

While there is no doubt they have supported this game well, the problem has been there have been lingering bugs since day 1. then they claim they have fixed them - and another set of bugs come up.

What i would like is a fully functioning game from start to finish for once.

...yeah, well
uh

In other news i finally got a Typhoon. I was so happy. The problem is, it doesnt do THAT much damage? i guess at X it would be fine or pre-nerf - but now that they have nerfed the Destroyer and the Typhoon it just isnt as fun to play with.

Even with the Ghost Infiltrator and all his Assault rifle Buffs it wasnt really tearing sh1t up...

Jawmuncher

I had a question for the MP how common is it now to join or host a Gold Match and actually pass them?

When I was playing at launch Just about everytime we played on gold we'd get Half way before being destroyed.

I ask because I need the achievement for beating the original maps on gold.
Was wondering if it's easier to jump into games now and do that or should I just beat the game on insane with all the sidequests? These are the only 2 achievements I need.

exYle

I had a question for the MP how common is it now to join or host a Gold Match and actually pass them?

When I was playing at launch Just about everytime we played on gold we'd get Half way before being destroyed.

I ask because I need the achievement for beating the original maps on gold.
Was wondering if it's easier to jump into games now and do that or should I just beat the game on insane with all the sidequests? These are the only 2 achievements I need.

Luck of the draw, my friend. You either get good randoms, or you don't. Word to the wise, though, if you have a low N7 rating or bad weapons you may get booted.

Jawmuncher

Luck of the draw, my friend. You either get good randoms, or you don't. Word to the wise, though, if you have a low N7 rating or bad weapons you may get booted.

Hmmm I might just go with the SP approach then.
Since I can't recall my N7 rating, I know it wasn't low but probably not as high as everyone is now. Not to mention I know I dont have very good gear.

So I finally figured out what was wrong with my game last night. Since the DLC came out I have hard a really hard time joining any games and a bunch of characters just disappeared from the character selection screen. Well last night my wife decided to get on and play with me since she wanted to see the Halloween changes and it wouldnt let me join her games. It said there was a problem with the resurgence DLC pack. So it must have gotten corrupted and for some reason the game never said that when I would start it up. I deleted it and re-downloaded it and now everything if fine. I am so happy it is fixed now. The Halloween challenge was a lot of fun to do. The acid rain on ghost was a really good addition, and the banner you unlock was really well done. I hope they keep doing stuff like this going forward.

Melchiah

The game once again locked up for me yesterday in the middle of match, had no choice but to boot up the system. This is definitely one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

Chocobro

Ended up grinding out Husk kills to get the Reaper Mastery banner, make it a total of three banners. Now my last goal is to get the Turian Ghost, I've been trying to get him for the last 5 days or so :(

Edit: Dammit, got Batarian Brawler and Turian Havoc in the last PSP for this week.

Bisnic

Mine to. I am getting close on the Earth one and the shotgun mastery. I hate using some of the shotguns though. The Regar is the worst thing ever so that has made me take a break from shotguns for a while.

What? Put this gun in the hand of a "tanky" race that can stay in close range without dying like a Krogan and Batarian and its wonderful. Especially on the Vanguard ones.

What? Put this gun in the hand of a "tanky" race that can stay in close range without dying like a Krogan and Batarian and its wonderful. Especially on the Vanguard ones.

I tried that but it feels like everyone just steals your kills and I get way less points with it. I have finished about half the shotguns in the game and the Regar was taking way longer then the others.

Bisnic

I tried that but it feels like everyone just steals your kills and I get way less points with it. I have finished about half the shotguns in the game and the Regar was taking way longer then the others.

I don't know what to say, if anything the Reegar STEALS kills from other people. It literally melt shields and barriers. Especially on the easier difficulties, where using a full clip of a Reegar can kill a group of 3-4 Cannibals recently spawned in 3 secs. But you have to play agressive with this gun for this to work, keep running, never stop and burn everything in sight. Vanguards makes it easier with Biotic Charge to get in melee range and refill your own shield.

I don't know what to say, if anything the Reegar STEALS kills from other people. It literally melt shields and barriers. Especially on the easier difficulties, where using a full clip of a Reegar can kill a group of 3-4 Cannibals recently spawned in 3 secs. But you have to play agressive with this gun for this to work, keep running, never stop and burn everything in sight. Vanguards makes it easier with Biotic Charge to get in melee range and refill your own shield.

I will have to ty it again. I have been playing on gold lately hoping to knock out the gold extractions while I do the challenges, and also since you get more points for kills on gold, and I cant kill anything with it. Maybe I need to drop down. I even have the gear that gives +12% shotgun damage equipped.

Bisnic

I will have to ty it again. I have been playing on gold lately hoping to knock out the gold extractions while I do the challenges, and also since you get more points for kills on gold, and I cant kill anything with it. Maybe I need to drop down. I even have the gear that gives +12% shotgun damage equipped.

Yeah, you'll probably get a lot more points with this gun by soloing Silver with a Kroguard or something, than playing with a full team on Gold.

Top Bottom