• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Maxed out the manifest after the 3/12 balance changes. Can't believe I've put this many hours into the MP.

Vhj3QLj.jpg

I'm curious to know how many millions, or rather billions, of credits you've spent to unlock every URs, including those N7 weapons that were just changed into URs a few days ago.

Ji66a-Man

I'm curious to know how many millions, or rather billions, of credits you've spent to unlock every URs, including those N7 weapons that were just changed into URs a few days ago.

I have no idea how many credits it took to max out every UR. I did every weekend operation, so I had 13 promo unlocks left. I spent 7 million credits on PSPs and Arsenal Packs to max that out after promo weapons were moved into the UR pool.

Sai

Valiant VIII

First UR drop in a lil' while... I really need to stop spendin' my credits one Premium Spectre/Arsenal/Reserve Pack at a time. I don't think I can pile up multiple millions like some people around here, but banking around 300-500k to cycle through the aforementioned 99k Packs seems to give me a higher chance of getting at least one UR out of the three.

I believe somebody here mentioned that there was some kind of trick related to the Reserve Packs to increase the frequency of UR drops. Was that legit?

StUnNeR H2K

I've been thinking about the idea of no more operations. While I find it hard to believe they would stop them, everything they did this week points to them stopping them immediately or soon. Obviously it's a no-brainer that they will not do them forever, but I do hope they continue to do them for many more months.

I know the recent changes look like they might be removing them, especially rolling N7 weapons into the UR pool, but my thought was what if Commendation Packs awarded a guaranteed UR now? If they continue the, double commendation pack, weekend events then it wouldn't take long to finish off the N7 weapons to X, but by added them into the UR pool and making the Commendation Pack reward a UR now instead it will continue to slow down the N7 weapon upgrade process. Obviously this applies to those who don't play as much, since you can now upgrade N7 weapons now through packs from credits/$$$.

This also could have been a scheme to roll in more $$$ with those who will buy packs to finish unlocking the rest of the N7 weapons. Would obviously need a good amount of $$$ to do this, but I bet there are people who do it...

exYle

I've been thinking about the idea of no more operations. While I find it hard to believe they would stop them, everything they did this week points to them stopping them immediately or soon. Obviously it's a no-brainer that they will not do them forever, but I do hope they continue to do them for many more months.

I know the recent changes look like they might be removing them, especially rolling N7 weapons into the UR pool, but my thought was what if Commendation Packs awarded a guaranteed UR now? If they continue the, double commendation pack, weekend events then it wouldn't take long to finish off the N7 weapons to X, but by added them into the UR pool and making the Commendation Pack reward a UR now instead it will continue to slow down the N7 weapon upgrade process. Obviously this applies to those who don't play as much, since you can now upgrade N7 weapons now through packs from credits/$$$.

This also could have been a scheme to roll in more $$$ with those who will buy packs to finish unlocking the rest of the N7 weapons. Would obviously need a good amount of $$$ to do this, but I bet there are people who do it...

I think we all hope for something along these lines, but the fact that it's Thursday and no weekend challenge has been announced seems to be pretty indicative of the death of the weekly challenges.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah we usually get the Operations details on thursday, so it's not looking good. :( I liked them, not just for the rewards, but also for doing something different once in a while.

Oh well, i guess one year was good enough?

Hopefully the multiplayer wont get the EA treatment of shutting down servers after 2-3 years. Although i guess it could happen soon after "ME4" is released if the multiplayer mode is even better and improved and if the ME3 playerbase take a big drop.

exYle

Yeah we usually get the Operations details on thursday, so it's not looking good. :( I liked them, not just for the rewards, but also for doing something different once in a while.

Oh well, i guess one year was good enough?

Hopefully the multiplayer wont get the EA treatment of shutting down servers after 2-3 years. Although i guess it could happen soon after "ME4" is released if the multiplayer mode is even better and improved and if the ME3 playerbase take a big drop.

I know it's early, but god, am I excited for ME4's MP mode. There is SO much they can do with it!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I dunno. The last Operation had a pretty strong sense of finality about it.

We are coordinating the largest-scale attack in the brief history of this war. N7 unit actions will pave the way for resistance and conventional forces trying to retake the population centers of our homeworlds. There is no retreat. When an objective is finished or a target destroyed, you will immediately focus on the next. Our assets will provide cover to network ships that will update your targets in real-time. Rally points are at your disposal in the event that all space assets meet with catastrophic casualties. From there, you will fight as your CO sees fit or until further orders arrive.

I cannot fully express my deep respect for all of you, the sapients of the Milky Way who serve together under our banner. When future generations look back on this war, they will see the courage and commitment it takes to change the fate of a galaxy. It has been a hard road, but at last: the end is in sight.

Finish it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I regret not getting into the MP until this late :(

I hope it has some legs, but with support ending I guess it will start to die off.

Oh, avenger challenge completed. Now it's the turn of the geth pulse rifle.

So sick of the pea sohooters!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I regret not getting into the MP until this late :(

I hope it has some legs, but with support ending I guess it will start to die off.

Oh, avenger challenge completed. Now it's the turn of the geth pulse rifle.

So sick of the pea sohooters!

Sorry, the GPR is another pea shooter.

Bombless

I really hope the next Mass Effect MP will have better designed weapons. Some of the current ones are just too damn useless (the Geth Pulse Rifle being the worst contender).

Woorloog

Banned
I really hope the next Mass Effect MP will have better designed weapons. Some of the current ones are just too damn useless (the Geth Pulse Rifle being the worst contender).

BioWare needs to do is to buff most assault rifles a bit. Hell, most weapons, so that they're more competitive with rares and ultra-rares.
All starters and other common and uncommons ones at least.
But that doesn't have to be done with simple base damage adjustment, instead adjust the damage modifiers, GPR could have a slight bonus vs health (in addition to shield/barrier), give Vindicator and Mattock a slight bonus vs armor and so on...

exYle

BioWare needs to do is to buff most assault rifles a bit. Hell, most weapons, so that they're more competitive with rares and ultra-rares.
All starters and other common and uncommons ones at least.
But that doesn't have to be done with simple base damage adjustment, instead adjust the damage modifiers, GPR could have a slight bonus vs health (in addition to shield/barrier), give Vindicator and Mattock a slight bonus vs armor and so on...

The Mattock is good as is. In fact, it's great as is.

Woorloog

Banned
The Mattock is good as is. In fact, it's great as is.
Yeah, well, it is boring without that godly sound from Mass Effect 2. ME3's sounds too weak, as do all weapons in it.
Just threw it there as an example, i don't remember what weapons are good and what aren't, i don't bother with others than Harrier if i use an AR (and not playing as Collector). Harrier is simply too good, low amount of ammo is inconsequtial, accuracy and power trump other things. I can use good ammo equipment to increase damage (and thus reduce ammunition use) and increase ammo supply with gear and equipment.
There's a reason some weapons are more rare than others.

Better=rarer is just fine but unfortunately rarer weapons are too good, there simply no point in using lesser weapons (ignoring weapon level). Well, when playing seriously anyway. Doen't matter so much on Silver.
If i were designing this game, i'd make more specialized weapons rarer, and i'd make sure specialized weapons are actually specialized, without much point in using them for other purposes. Since this is not a competitive game, "rock-paper-scissors" classification works just fine.

BTW, do people carry usually one or two weapons?
I stick with one, even with weapon classes like Soldier's, i rarely bother changing weapon as it takes too long. I don't run out of ammo, i have way too many Ammo Packs (150 or so, getting more of them than i can use).
And weapons i use work on any range, so two weapons for two different ranges are also worhtless for me.

It was useful
back in ME2

ME2: Eh, no. Henchmen do full damage with Incisor are very accurate with it, so for them it is better choice. For the player... Mantis. Fast enough, powerful enough, enough ammo. Or Widow, if you can, though i prefer Mantis still. Never saw much point in Viper, too weak, too slow, exposes one for too long (especially on harder difficulties).

collector assault rifle in me2 isnthe best sounding weapon in all the ME games. it was so damn loud. the weapons dont sound as meaty anymore.

also, my adas still makes no sound. whats the point.

exYle

Yeah, well, it is boring without that godly sound from Mass Effect 2. ME3's sounds too weak, as do all weapons in it.
Just threw it there as an example, i don't remember what weapons are good and what aren't, i don't bother with others than Harrier if i use an AR (and not playing as Collector). Harrier is simply too good, low amount of ammo is inconsequtial, accuracy and power trump other things. I can use good ammo equipment to increase damage (and thus reduce ammunition use) and increase ammo supply with gear and equipment.

?

ME2: Eh, no. Henchmen do full damage with Incisor are very accurate with it, so for them it is better choice. For the player... Mantis. Fast enough, powerful enough, enough ammo. Or Widow, if you can, though i prefer Mantis still. Never saw much point in Viper, too weak, too slow, exposes one for too long (especially on harder difficulties).

?!?

Xanathus

Why they won't just answer everyone's question is beyond me... They have not 100% confirmed the challenges are done, but they just made this post earlier.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/16273526

I think they're trying to get some sort of automated system for putting challenges out set up, or just setting up a ton of challenges in advance and having someone just turn it on every weekend. They probably just didn't have enough time to get it done by this weekend.

It doesn't make any sense for them to no longer have any more challenges seeing as they made a bunch of other banners that were data mined that still haven't been released.

Woorloog

Banned

The sound was better in ME2 than it is in ME3. It was stronger and deeper in 2.

M-29 Incisor deals 100% damage when used by henchmen, either due to a mistake or bug. With Mantis, they deal 55% of Shepard's damage, and with Viper, 65% of Shepard's. Also, they were very accurate with it.
I don't know if ME3 has similar system, that squad mates deal less damage with weapons than Shepard but ME2 had such. Made some weapons absolutely worthless, namely those with low damage in the first place.

If you wonder where you got the weapon, PC Digital Deluxe or Aegis Pack DLC (i had all DLC for ME2).

exYle

The sound was better in ME2 than it is in ME3. It was stronger and deeper in 2.

M-29 Incisor deals 100% damage when used by henchmen, either due to a mistake or bug. With Mantis, they deal 55% of Shepard's damage, and with Viper, 65% of Shepard's. Also, they were very accurate with it.
I don't know if ME3 has similar system, that squad mates deal less damage with weapons than Shepard but ME2 had such. Made some weapons absolutely worthless, namely those with low damage in the first place.

If you wonder where you got the weapon, PC Digital Deluxe or Aegis Pack DLC (i had all DLC for ME2).

Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I didn't download any of the weapon or appearance packs

DY_nasty

Someone give me the quick and dirty for the Asari Inf pls
No they just might have promoted a bunch before they added the challenge system, and they havent played much since then.

That's what happened to me. My N7 score lols at my medal rating.

played a few rounds on gold with some blokes at level 3000+. was awesome. 4 guys in sync and no one playing like an idiot.

used the juggalo in the first match to take care of atlases and phantoms. used the AIU in the 2nd and finished 1st on top of the leaderboard. the repair matrix didnt work a few times but other than that it was a great match.

got the bloodpack smg in a spectre pack..whats the best loadout for it?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So that was the GPR done. To be honest I had used it quite a bit so it didn't take long.

Next one... Picked the mattock. No auto without the punch of the M99 felt weak.

So... Lets try the adas. Holy shit is the stagger funny. I swear it occasionally staggers scions but I'm probably just tripping. I'm gonna do the adas next.

Ronabo

This is my go to Platinum character. She tears apart things from a distance. Cloak and Dark Channel then Warp for Bio Splosion. During charge times shoot your gun.

Stay in cover because she is squishy. I usually only die to sync kills with her. 80% of the time I top the scoreboard with her. One of my favorite characters. I'm glad they didn't "fix" her and make her a standard inf.

My build. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...lAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule4/CommandoPackage5/

exYle

I like speccing 6/6/6/5/3 and using a Collector Sniper Rifle with Warp rounds. Cloak, Dark Channel, and sniper rifle makes you a DPS MONSTER. Bosses melt under you. I don't take the extra power upgrade under cloak - instead, I take the extra power damage. After the cloak's cooldown is done and whatever I'm shooting at hasn't died, I throw a Warp for the biotic detonation. That usually gets the job done

DY_nasty

Got it. I see what I was doing wrong. I was speccing for the bonus power as if I'd be able to get combos from that.

Class was built for a Reave-buddy. Great stuff.

Ran a game with the Warlord and I have mixed feels with the Biotic Hammer so far.

This is my go to Platinum character. She tears apart things from a distance. Cloak and Dark Channel then Warp for Bio Splosion. During charge times shoot your gun.

Stay in cover because she is squishy. I usually only die to sync kills with her. 80% of the time I top the scoreboard with her. One of my favorite characters. I'm glad they didn't "fix" her and make her a standard inf.

My build. http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...lAmp3/PowerAmplifierModule4/CommandoPackage5/

But cloak bonus+warp ammo on primed target bonus! Yeah, she would have been just as broken, just in the nerf-bat baiting way.

Mindlog

Yeah, I've been looking to play with the Huntress again, but substituting the CSR for more power damage.

Executioner with Power Amp/Heavy Barrel
Hurricane with Power Amp/High Velocity Barrel

Having a tricky time deciding the best Pistols and SMGs to use the Power Amps with.

Bombless

I love the Huntress, really a different style of infiltrator (like the shadows that play melee instead of just slash spamming all day). I use a Saber and all the warp ammo I can get.

Another build I might try with her is a full melee build with the batarian gauntlet.

DY_nasty

I use the Hurricane barrel/amp for her right now. Great stuff - but Collectors just lol @ me. The Praetorian shield is just too serious and Scions sponge like no other.

I may try the Gauntlet once I get it to V

Chocobro

This is exactly what I needed. I was thinking getting through some pistol challenges but didn't know which infiltrator to use.

The suppressor is alright. Tried it on silver matches with the Batarian Sentinel (was grinding out the 200 waves + Executioner), I had better results with the QFI. That gun needs more bullets, with the magazine upgrade you have 10/40, not enough IMO.

Because I'm on spring break, think Imma grind out some challenges lol.

A soldier class with the Claymore and Adrenaline rush is surprisingly fun. Being able to land 2 hits on enemies with one of the most powerful shotguns is nice to do.

X-Frame

This is exactly what I needed. I was thinking getting through some pistol challenges but didn't know which infiltrator to use.

The suppressor is alright. Tried it on silver matches with the Batarian Sentinel (was grinding out the 200 waves + Executioner), I had better results with the QFI. That gun needs more bullets, with the magazine upgrade you have 10/40, not enough IMO.

Because I'm on spring break, think Imma grind out some challenges lol.

Remember to aim for the head. The Suppressor has a 400% headshot bonus, so if you're good at head shots or if you bring a class that can stun/freeze enemies like with stasis then it should do a ton of damage and you won't miss.

Remember to aim for the head. The Suppressor has a 400% headshot bonus, so if you're good at head shots or if you bring a class that can stun/freeze enemies like with stasis then it should do a ton of damage and you won't miss.

where does it say about the headshot bonus?

Chocobro

I remember :) That's why I was using the Batarian Sentinel for Submission Net and then the QFI for Sabotage. The thing is I sometimes shoot them in the neck so I kinda waste bullets. Regular enemies drop like flies but when it comes to armored enemies and phantoms, need to switch out to the Hurricane. I might revisit the gun in the future.

where does it say about the headshot bonus?
Someone on BSN updated the Google Doc with Reckoning DLC and it said 4.0 headshot multiplier.

I just made a pretty interesting build with the surpressor x.

asari adept. shield booster v, power amp iv, warp ammo, targeting VI 3. the gun had a scope and the 40% head damage modifier on it.

of course the build is squishy, but my god this thing destroyed phantoms or nemeses in 2+ head shots which you shoot off really quickly.

stasis and headshots for individuals, warp and throw for atlases and dragoons.

tried it twice and topped the leaderboards both time on gold.

also I love the bloodpack smg. I only have it at 1, cant wait to see it at x.

Omni

Played multiplayer for the first time tonight... Surprisingly I enjoyed it. Currently downloading all the free stuff from Origin.

Probably shouldn't have waited a year after release before giving it a try... haha. Any general tips I should know about?

Top Bottom