• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Hex Shield Power
- Fixed a bug where enemy Geth Prime siege pulse projectiles could pass through the shield
this is a game changer as far as I'm concerned. Didn't realize it was a "glitch". I've been doing some soloing with my Juggernaut, this will make Geth a lot easier

Edit: promo weapons becoming URs kinda sucks, I want my hurricane maxed out. I haven't gotten a UR in ages.

Repair Matrix Power
- Base duration decreased from 15 to 8 seconds
- Base number of shields restored per second reduced from 150 to 75
- Evolution 1 damage reduction bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
- Evolution 6 damage reduction bonus decreased from 15% to 10%

Well so much for using the AIU on plat now. Man they just hammered her best ability.

Sigh. +15 dmg/sec for Poison Strike? Completely ridiculous. The BF buff is nice, but I was hoping they'd make PS useful for Cabal. Other than that, good changes; hopefully the omni-bow can now shoot its way out of a paper bag.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
With the buff do you think the geth AR is worth using?

Been rocking a phoon on my juggernaut because it shreds bosses but I'd like to use a geth weapon just for kicks sake. Been doing mostly silver so it isn't like I need god tier gear.

Also, when does the patch go live for Europe 360? Do you get a prompt while playing or do you have to quit and relaunch the game.

I never used the spitfire on the juggernaut, I want a quick recharge for my shield and siege pulse (which I think is amazing, especially if you are playing silver).

I've be rocking an SMG on him lately with the 30% extra power damage. Specced for max health/hex shields, power damage, siege pulse damage (only 3, not 4) and no turret. Lots of people go the other way with no hex shield, weapon damage and damage protection for siege pulse and turret healing.

X-Frame

Ha! Collector buff!
Even more reason to keep Ancient Warrior maxed out.

I'm very happy about this. As of 1 week ago BioWare said they had no plans to change Ascension Stance but clearly the folks on BSN provided smart aruements why it should be buffed. I personally would have been fine leaving the damage penalty as is but instead drastically increasing the bonuses; doubling or tripling the power damage and recharge increases even.

I think it's a good move, but his barriers are pretty high so it's still a toss up for me.

Sigh. +15 dmg/sec for Poison Strike? Completely ridiculous. The BF buff is nice, but I was hoping they'd make PS useful for Cabal. Other than that, good changes; hopefully the omni-bow can now shoot its way out of a paper bag.

There still doesn't seem to be any reason to spec Poison Strike above 3 ranks. Just keeping it as an escape/movement ability is not how it was intended but it is not effective to be used in other ways. It needs to stun enemies that she passes through as I'll strike through someone then just get shot in the back.

The buff to BF means a melee or CQC specced Cabal is even more appealing though. Her light melee stuns all infantry-sized enemies, including phantoms.

With the buff do you think the geth AR is worth using?

Been rocking a phoon on my juggernaut because it shreds bosses but I'd like to use a geth weapon just for kicks sake. Been doing mostly silver so it isn't like I need god tier gear.

According to all of BSN it seems, there is still no reason to use the Geth Spitfire over the Typhoon, even on the Juggernaut. Innate piercing plus increased damage to armor and an already high clip means the Spitfire doesn't offer any real benefits that are worth it. More ammo in the Spitfire doesn't really help when there are ammo crates everywhere.

Repair Matrix Power

Well so much for using the AIU on plat now. Man they just hammered her best ability.

I think 8 seconds is still pretty good. Kind of reminds me of the Cloak duration nerf; it's still good but not broken.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Repair Matrix Power

I'm fine with the duration decrease, it's the shield restoration nerf that hurts.

StUnNeR H2K

Repair Matrix Power

Sucks, but still viable. Just have to actual be more cautious. The class was way to easy... the nerf was needed.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was afraid they were going to add a cooldown to the revive part of Matrix, something like "can only be revived every XX seconds". Good thing they at least didnt do that.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I never used the spitfire on the juggernaut, I want a quick recharge for my shield and siege pulse (which I think is amazing, especially if you are playing silver).

I've be rocking an SMG on him lately with the 30% extra power damage. Specced for max health/hex shields, power damage, siege pulse damage (only 3, not 4) and no turret. Lots of people go the other way with no hex shield, weapon damage and damage protection for siege pulse and turret healing.

Yeah pulse is great. I'm trying to get the AR challenge tho. Need those medals... I use the pulse to get then almost dead then finish with a few rounds.

I don't have the power bonus mod anyways.

Damage protection cripples pulse usage and that's the combo with ammo for explosions. I do gold occasionally and the explosions are very useful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now y'all got me concerned about my Juggernaut specs. I go 6/6/6/0/6 and now I'm unsure. Specced for taking massive abuse, rarely need to fire a weapon - a pure support style Jugs. I get out in the middle of shit and distract them all so my team can blanket the dmg.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Now y'all got me concerned about my Juggernaut specs. I go 6/6/6/0/6 and now I'm unsure. Specced for taking massive abuse, rarely need to fire a weapon - a pure support style Jugs. I get out in the middle of shit and distract them all so my team can blanket the dmg.

If you play silver, you are slowing things down IMHO. Spec for pulse damage and go to town. Weapon spec works fine too, with a good AR you can mow bosses down since you don't have to dodge or take cover and you can abuse the shield for insta cover everywhere. I got lucky and got the AR gear V for extra 15% damage which works great with my play style . As long as you take the two shield transfer evolutions you can tank silver no problem. The stability/clip size evolution is deceptively good. Turret damage is nice, but I think the shield is way too useful - and it also sets up tech explosions to detonate with pulse blasts.

Gold and platinum, I don't have enough experience to talk. But if you get a tech or pyro or cryo team, pulse with cd reduction and 4 bolts is awesome for detonating explosions. With ammo consumables you can do it for yourself... Shoot at them then pulse for boom boom action. But again I am a bit noobie still - going full tank to hold choke points while the team goes wild might be a better choice.

I use my jugg on platinum w shield gear, works fine.

Honestly I'd probably use the turret if the flamethrower was as strong as the geth engineers for fire explosions. Its a little weaker, I rather just throw on the shield gear (or cyclonic modulator on plat) than worry about healing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I respect it'd be for maximum pulse usage. I just go in as a complete tank, with the dmg reduction on the siege pulse I can take a lot of abuse up front and pop a shield (protective only) to keep the choke point full.

I think I'm gonna promote and respec tonight and try to do more dmg output instead of a team-oriented rock. I usually run randoms so they don't always detonate, so I don't place an emphasis on it, but I should probably change that mindset.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
If I respect it'd be for maximum pulse usage. I just go in as a complete tank, with the dmg reduction on the siege pulse I can take a lot of abuse up front and pop a shield (protective only) to keep the choke point full.

I think I'm gonna promote and respec tonight and try to do more dmg output instead of a team-oriented rock. I usually run randoms so they don't always detonate, so I don't place an emphasis on it, but I should probably change that mindset.

What difficulty?

I've got over 200 hours and I still have a Typhoon I

my luck with URs has been just dumb. All my gold weapons are maxed just about but URs show me no love.

(Got a black widow x and don't snipe)

I just got the Typhoon I. The Harrier is still my favorite, though. The Lancer is fun to use though, shit sounds old and powerful.

Repair Matrix Power

Still feasible, you just have to be more aware. The Shields restoration hurts, but I'll manage, she was invincible before, so she's just god-like now.

Time played:
136H 45M 25S
Games played:
Current Credits:
Leaderboard: #86,800 (Top 18%)
Leaderboard: #8,794 (Top 5%)

I don't believe in promoting, and never will.

I can think of two, and now a third, moments when this multiplayer just totally clicked and sent an adrenalin rush of "FUCK YEAH" through my body.

First, the sensation of the Geth Infiltrator with a shotgun clicking, and realising the entire arena is your playground of death.

Second, when Collectors and hazard maps were introduced, and my first round was Collectors on Hazard Dagger. The thick sandstorm clouding vision, howling wind, and eerie clicking and buzzing of the Collectors made for one hell of a distinct atmosphere.

And now thirdly, I have unlocked the Krogan Warlord. Spec'd for biotic hammer + tech armor. Found myself in a game full of biotic users. The synchronisation of biotics setting up targets followed by that fucking hammer detonating explosions...wow. Wow.

Make. It. Rain.

I had that feeling a lot, but will always have a soft spot for Infiltrators and the N7 Paladin. Just Michael Bay.
Felt the same about the AIU, Cryo Freeze + Incendiary Rounds and a Sentinel/Ghost = everything dead.

X-Frame

It's just dawning on me now that they added 9 new Ultra-Rare weapons to the game within the last couple weeks. I am likely only about 50% done with the pre-Reckoning UR's.

It's sort of putting me off playing. It just seems pointless, and like a waste of time. I won't play to get money but just for fun and buy packs as a bonus, but it still sucks.

Mindlog

Spent all my recent money and all I got was an Eagle unlock :\

Donked away my medi-gel otherwise Sai and I would have easily 2-manned Reactor/Geth/Gold :\

I think the Adas is better than the Spitfire :\

Sai

Man, that Adas is noisy...

Mindlog, I'm sorry about that first game. Phoenix Vanguard just wouldn't Charge when I wanted him to.

Mindlog

Man, that Adas is noisy...

Mindlog, I'm sorry about that first game. Phoenix Vanguard just wouldn't Charge when I wanted him to.
:p It was no big deal. I was messing around with the Adas. We still would have cleared it if I had not made some silly mistakes. Should have set-up closer to the ammo box since nothing can really get close to me unless I run out of ammo. I might be able to get on much later tonight. I need to mess around with my melee Cabal.

Spitfire was even noisier. I just want to keep firing that thing until it runs out of ammo.

Pro-Tip: The Adas can continue firing at an accelerated rate after Marksman expires. I'm almost certain if I camp an ammo box I can fire at max speed for an entire round.

Got a Hurricane IX, hooray! I tried out the 'new' Talon, and he's definitely better able to actually hurt things with his bow, but It's still pretty clear that the best way to use him is to spam cain mines endlessly.

In brighter news, I got the Warlord to click a bit better for me today, got reapers/rio/gold, and the 2 of my team mates run for the crate. I think it's a weak-ass move on platinum, so to see people doing it on gold was kind of infuriating. Luckily me and another guy ran straight into the spawn and started smashing it (well I was smashing it, but at least he was there). This happened in several waves, I'd just end up running around killing everything that hadn't aggroed on the cowards in their box of cowardice, and then at the end go and nuke the banshees or brutes that were humping the box. They kind of got over it after a while, which was good, but I still doubles the score of the second place player. Being able to kill a Banshee with 2 Biotic Hammer 3 hit combos is too good. I only ever got into a synch during extraction, but luckily a team mate had a missile ready. Still need to get better at dealing with phantoms with him, but he is undoubtedly a beast.

Bisnic

Just respec my AIU to have a Snap Freeze that increase damage to chilled targets + the extra 25% shotgun power with Tactical Cloak. Crusader X with the High Caliber Barrel and Shotgun Shredder mods + Shock Trooper gear.

Man, i never had an easier time killing Collectors on Gold. I used to fear Gold Scions and i destroyed them last game! The Crusader is such a godlike weapon with her. 4 bullets in a clip, very fast reloading, high damage and a ridiculous accuracy for a shotgun. I think i'm gonna stick with her until i've unlocked all the remaining gold items left for me.

Just respec my AIU to have a Snap Freeze that increase damage to chilled targets + the extra 25% shotgun power with Tactical Cloak. Crusader X with the High Caliber Barrel and Shotgun Shredder mods + Shock Trooper gear.

Man, i never had an easier time killing Collectors on Gold. I used to fear Gold Scions and i destroyed them last game! The Crusader is such a godlike weapon with her. 4 bullets in a clip, very fast reloading, high damage and a ridiculous accuracy for a shotgun. I think i'm gonna stick with her until i've unlocked all the remaining gold items left for me.

Can you explain that please? i think i chose the other one - what does that mean and what is the benefit?

Also - you know that feeling when you enter a gold pub match and the top guy there besides you is N7 120 and has a revenant II?

Yeah well the only time i play with these guys now is with the AIU because i know i can carry the damn game solo on gold.

Every round ends with me doing laps to isolate atlases and phantoms taking them out one by one..

Spent all my recent money and all I got was an Eagle unlock :\

Donked away my medi-gel otherwise Sai and I would have easily 2-manned Reactor/Geth/Gold :\

I think the Adas is better than the Spitfire :\

How do you spec the Adas and which character is it best on and with which ammo?

I have it at X but havent used it too much.

Can you explain that please? i think i chose the other one - what does that mean and what is the benefit?

Also - you know that feeling when you enter a gold pub match and the top guy there besides you is N7 120 and has a revenant II?

Yeah well the only time i play with these guys now is with the AIU because i know i can carry the damn game solo on gold.

Every round ends with me doing laps to isolate atlases and phantoms taking them out one by one..

The weapon probably would make me think twice, not the level. My N7 is 120 and will never move.

The weapon probably would make me think twice, not the level. My N7 is 120 and will never move.

The combination of BOTH is what was disturbing. Im saying i had a room full of low level people.

Even though N7 isnt everything, it is a general indicator. If you have three guys in a room with N7 3000+ i have to assume these guys are going to be pretty decent.

But yes anyone with a weapon at X or a decent level UR gets to stay on the team for me.

Bisnic

Im trying to think as to why i didnt pick that then - the other option must have been better. If im using a shotgun on chilled targets then i might have to respec.

The other option increase the duration and how slowed down chilled targets gets, i'd rather they receive more damage to be honest.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Damn, the AIU changes weren't too bad, but I'd wish devs would stick to their guns and keep good kits good and just raise bad ones to their level. It was great being able to run around like a boss and stay mobile on Platinum like a couple other characters I play with, even though I always mix the characters I choose to play with.

Speaking of raising characters, that looks like a much-needed improvement to the Talon, and they didn't even mess with his mines! Going to make a Talon today, gonna be the first time I put the game in in a week.

And the Turian Vanguard still looks to not be viable power-wise on Gold and above.

Tsukumo

Really? I already thought this was the best rare assault rifle when used correctly.

This interests me. I like this gun A LOT (especially because of its look) but I couldn't understand why so many people would fire it like a Mattock.
What's it's proper use? I still have to max it out, once I'm done I'll probably place it in every kit I have. But right now I have no idea about its workings.

Woorloog

Banned
Damn, the AIU changes weren't too bad, but I'd wish devs would stick to their guns and keep good kits good and just raise bad ones to their level. It was great being able to run around like a boss and stay mobile on Platinum like a couple other characters I play with, even though I always mix the characters I choose to play with.

Easy to wish for this but it is nearly always considerably easier to nerf powerful things than to buff "underpowered ones". Less secondary effects, and easier to control those.
If you buff every class that is "underpowered", suddenly everything is very easy. And then you would have to buff enemies to make sure difficulty is as it should be. Which might cause more problems.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Been looking at the raw numbers and changed my buying habits.

Getting a weapon to X is around a 10% damage boost and let's be honest it's gonna take a lot of time. However getting the extended barrel mods to V is a 10% boost as well and it's gonna be a lot faster. So instead of arsenals I'm now buying spectre packs.

Edit: I just got the volus engineer :)

The combination of BOTH is what was disturbing. Im saying i had a room full of low level people.

Even though N7 isnt everything, it is a general indicator. If you have three guys in a room with N7 3000+ i have to assume these guys are going to be pretty decent.

But yes anyone with a weapon at X or a decent level UR gets to stay on the team for me.

I only really care if it's below 100. I played with some people last night on Gold, and the highest level guy kept dying pretty often. Had around 15 Revives just from him. Weapons and gear for me tell more of a story, for instance, Asari Vanguard with a Spitfire.

Still need to get better at dealing with phantoms with him, but he is undoubtedly a beast.

The Warlord is pretty ridiculous and immensely satisfying to use. That hammer impact is the shit.

Ji66a-Man

Maxed out the manifest after the 3/12 balance changes. Can't believe I've put this many hours into the MP.

Vhj3QLj.jpg

So I tried to play this for the first time since maybe 2 weeks after it came out, and when I try to launch it in Origin it tells me I have no key associated on the account for it. I played this game to completion on this account.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
lol Turian Vanguard is still trash

Poison needs armor corrosion/poison tech explosions or SOMETHING

exYle

lol Turian Vanguard is still trash

Poison needs armor corrosion/poison tech explosions or SOMETHING

I've been reading that you need to treat her as a very mobile BatSoldier. Since her Turian passive has some awesome weapon perks, she makes a better gun user than caster.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've been reading that you need to treat her as a very mobile BatSoldier. Since her Turian passive has some awesome weapon perks, she makes a better gun user than caster.

I can use her on Gold and hit 100k routinely doing that - but it doesn't discount the fact that the powers are generally useless and the poison abilities are completely worthless. The blades don't do as much as the Bat and the poison damage is simply not high enough or versatile enough to make it worthwhile in anything past a Gold/Cerb game.

You can pretty much roll 0/0/6/6/6.

Top Bottom