• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Petrie

Banned
Anyone want to go for some Gold runs? Shoot me an invite on 360: PetriesLastWord. Can't find a good group for gold at all.

Is there no way to map the powers to whatever hotkey order you want, like in SP?

I want to know this too.

I also don't know how to climb ladders in multiplayer lol.

I only played a couple of games and haven't bothered looking for answers to these questions yet... if I can't reassign powers, I may switch to a different class in multiplayer so my brain doesn't have to adjust to a new hotkey configuration every time.

MNC

ZqU8x.png

Douche chill~!

Ties

Banned
I want to know this too.

I also don't know how to climb ladders in multiplayer lol.

I only played a couple of games and haven't bothered looking for answers to these questions yet... if I can't reassign powers, I may switch to a different class in multiplayer so my brain doesn't have to adjust to a new hotkey configuration every time.
run up to them

And i'm fairy certain you can't change the configuartion of your powers.

Balphon

run up to them

And i'm fairy certain you can't change the configuartion of your powers.

You can, but it requires a respec token, which you have to get out of packs and is relatively rare. Failing that, you can just promote the character and start over once you hit level 20.

USIGSJ

Speaking of cheaters I've actually seen one now. Played a few matches, and one guy playing vanguard was dominating pretty much. Knowing that on bronze I generally get tons of kills with it I wasn't paying much attention because I was playing infiltrator going solo and sniping.

After second match on Tunchanka the host left, and I became leader, map was that Glacier so it's a lot smaller and something was off about this guy after several rounds because he would kill everything too easy. I don't know all the guns and his had some greenish particles on the so I though it might be some unlockable weapon, I only unlocked krogan shotgun so I have no idea what other weapons are. After several rounds and seeing how he kills even guardians with one shot I finally figured to look at the statistics and all of his kill were by a missile launcher. Of course I instantly quit the match.
As for the stats in first 2 matches that we finished where some other guy as hosts, they were standard for bronze difficulty, around 100k exp and 15-20k gold so all normal.

So people be careful when play with randoms and see that something might be off even if you're hosting a match, I got too carried away with gameplay that I totally missed to notice that on my team there was a guy with infinite missiles.

Speaking of cheaters I've actually seen one now. Played a few matches, and one guy playing vanguard was dominating pretty much. Knowing that on bronze I generally get tons of kills with it I wasn't paying much attention because I was playing infiltrator going solo and sniping.

After second match on Tunchanka the host left, and I became leader, map was that Glacier so it's a lot smaller and something was off about this guy after several rounds because he would kill everything too easy. I don't know all the guns and his had some greenish particles on the so I though it might be some unlockable weapon, I only unlocked krogan shotgun so I have no idea what other weapons are. After several rounds and seeing how he kills even guardians with one shot I finally figured to look at the statistics and all of his kill were by a missile launcher. Of course I instantly quit the match.
As for the stats in first 2 matches that we finished where some other guy was hosts, all the stats and cash were standard for bronze difficulty, around 100k exp and 15-20k gold so all normal.

So people be careful when play with randoms and see that something might be off, I got too carried away with gameplay that I totally missed to notice that on my team there was a guy with infinite missiles.

That vanguard was probably just playing with a good build I know that with my vanguard on maps I'm familiar with spawn locations I can get up to triple the second person in terms of kills score. A vanguards Nova can do 100% damage against all three variants of shields and can keep their own shield up at almost all times. The only thing I've ever concerned myself with are Atlas mechs, Banshees, and Phantoms because they have those one hit Melee kills.

I just unlocked the Javelin and man is it bizarre it has a charge up time to fire of like one second, but can see through walls and smoke. Its taking some getting used but its still great.

Edit: Just saw the Missile launcher part. How do you check that?

USIGSJ

That vanguard was probably just playing with a good build I know that with my vanguard on maps I'm familiar with spawn locations I can get up to triple the second person in terms of kills score. A vanguards Nova can do 100% damage against all three variants of shields and can keep their own shield up at almost all times. The only thing I've ever concerned myself with are Atlas mechs, Banshees, and Phantoms because they have those one hit Melee kills.

I just unlocked the Javelin and man is it bizarre it has a charge up time to fire of like one second, but can see through walls and smoke. Its taking some getting used but its still great.

Edit: Just saw the Missile launcher part. How do you check that?

I think he was 8-9 lvl Vanguard so you can't have good build there yet. His kills stats were generally ok, something I would get by using charge+nova at lvl 15+, but no way on that level (took me some time to figure it out sadly).

As for the statistics part, all the kills are displayed for a couple of seconds in the right bottom corner, so when I saw the missile launcher kill message popping next to his name over a dozen times I knew it's time to leave.

Ken

Am really enjoying the human engineer; Overload to take out shields and barriers and following up with Incinerate for armor. Drones are nice to deal with Guardians and playing safe. Wish I could find a way to equip the Carnifex and still retain 200% power recharge.

Grisby

Gonna dive into MP tonight (never gonna finish the SP heh) so anyone have any tips?

These pack things, what should I buy? I'd like to get a lot of characters to try out.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Fuck yeah Drell Adept! I like him a lot better than the Human Adept, although he's still not as good as the Asari Adept. Now I just need a good pistol and I'll be set.

How many points do you get by level 20? Is it enough to max out all skills? Also, any opinions on Cluster Grenade's usefulness?

Fuck yeah Drell Adept! I like him a lot better than the Human Adept, although he's still not as good as the Asari Adept. Now I just need a good pistol and I'll be set.

How many points do you get by level 20? Is it enough to max out all skills? Also, any opinions on Cluster Grenade's usefulness?

You can max 4 of the 5 skills. The last skill will be empty if you do that though

Nori Chan

Got this on Thursday and to my surprised I got a secret character for redeeming the BF3 online pass.

It's the only character I've been working on lol are there any other secret characters like that for any other games or are those possibly dlc slots?

EekTheKat

So apparently there's a pretty big mess up on Sony/EA's part -

The PSN version of Mass Effect 3 was patched to 1.02, while the disc version is still at 1.01, resulting in an incompatibility between players on the same platform.

Hopefully this means 1.02 will roll out for the disc version, but so far it seem as though no one even have patch notes as to what 1.02 addresses.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Multiplayer is so fun! The booster card aspect of it is really addicting.

It's totally transparent to me how it's designed to be addictive, but dammit if it isn't working. If I could just buy whatever I wanted I probably wouldn't play the multi this much.

Riposte

It's totally transparent to me how it's designed to be addictive, but dammit if it isn't working. If I could just buy whatever I wanted I probably wouldn't play the multi this much.

What happens for me is that after a few days of letting it ravage me, I begin to feel a strong aversion towards it. Felt that way with early Modern Warfare games and ES: Oblivion/Fallout 3. Nowadays I am able to resist things more.

RyanDG

I'm getting stuck in so much geometry so often recently in the PS3 version as a Vanguard. I'm falling through floors, going into never ending hallways, and non-stop biotic charging into the atmosphere when no enemies are around.

Additionally, as a side note that is relatively funny. once you get stuck in the geometry, if your team mates go to where you are 'near' the game gives them a damn near instantaneous shield recharge meaning that they can just stand on where the game thinks you are a melee things to death.

Fun times.

MrDaravon

Will probably be hopping into the multiplayer soon, two questions:

1 - If you promote a character I understand that it takes down all the levels back to 1 for that Class, but do you keep everything else (unlocks, etc)?

2 - Is the bug/glitch in the OP regarding losing unlocks/items still an issue? Was it ever pinned down any further? If it's still happening I'll probably wait for a patch.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
What happens for me is that after a few days of letting it ravage me, I begin to feel a strong aversion towards it. Felt that way with early Modern Warfare games and ES: Oblivion/Fallout 3. Nowadays I am able to resist things more.

I'm having fun though. Had some great matches on Silver with some communicative randoms who knew exactly how to exploit the enemy spawns and such.

Edgeward

Reapers on silver are a pain. Two banshees, a brute, a ravager and numerous Marauders. Might as well just sit back and accept fate.

Ugh, people are starting to idle in games now for credits.

I was just in a game where my character froze. he wouldn't move, and all I could do was shoot and melee. I was totally useless.

I'm sure people are idling, but has anyone else come across this bug?

I was just in a game where my character froze. he wouldn't move, and all I could do was shoot and melee. I was totally useless.

I've seen it happen many times in the demo, and it happened to me once during the demo. But not in the final build.

I don't get why people do this. You have to wait the full 20 minutes to get the resulted points and credits, why not just fucking play the game while that's happening. You know, engage in the gameplay, the whole reason you spent 60 bucks on the game?

I mean, I'm pretty sure these online warriors aren't tending to their infant child while those 20 minutes are going on. Just fucking play.

That said, never happened to me. I've been really blessed with great teammates. Even with mics, people are just doing some good mass effect talk. I don't think I've come across one racist 17 year old kid with too much time on their hands.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

That happened to me the very first game in the demo. Haven't seen it since though.

Dresden

Happened to me once, I just mashed roll and stuff and after a few minutes I could start stuttering around. Then I reached a ammo cache and it was back to normal.

X-Frame

What is the point of being able to select an Enemy Type if it doesn't always give you what you wanted?

What's worse is that I join lobbies where the enemy type if "Unknown" so I wouldn't even know which one we're getting.

That seems pointless.

eek5

What is the point of being able to select an Enemy Type if it doesn't always give you what you wanted?

What's worse is that I join lobbies where the enemy type if "Unknown" so I wouldn't even know which one we're getting.

That seems pointless.

You can matchmake into games that are happening so sometimes you pick geth or whatever and you join at the end of a match that people lost where someone left right as they're loading into lobby probably.

I've seen it happen many times in the demo, and it happened to me once during the demo. But not in the final build.

I don't get why people do this. You have to wait the full 20 minutes to get the resulted points and credits, why not just fucking play the game while that's happening. You know, engage in the gameplay, the whole reason you spent 60 bucks on the game?

I mean, I'm pretty sure these online warriors aren't tending to their infant child while those 20 minutes are going on. Just fucking play.

That said, never happened to me. I've been really blessed with great teammates. Even with mics, people are just doing some good mass effect talk. I don't think I've come across one racist 17 year old kid with too much time on their hands.

Mostly good matches here too. People with mics are friendly except for one match where there were two guys complaining about people "stealing" their kills. Everyone gets the same XP at the end and you get points for the amount of damage you did. We ended up dying on Wave 9 because they weren't working together and I just left after.

Haven't run into any idlers luckily.

Top Bottom