• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

eek5

Money is only earned from the missions as you play right? any points from kills is pure xp.

Bit annoying but maybe it's to stop farming.

You get money by completing the objectives in rounds 3, 6, and 10. If you were farming gold, for example, you could just suicide after finishing the objective on wave 10 to save some time.

In gold, round 3 nets you about 10k
Round 6 gives 20k
Round 10 gives 45k

My times for failing after round 6 are still faster than I clear silvers so if you're good enough for silver but can't finish gold all the way, gold is still a bit faster.

Nori Chan

midterms next week : /

Tip for anyone who wants to easily beat gold: Fight Geth on Firebase Dagger. The Geth are by far the easiest faction since they don't have any instakills, and vanguards can literally solo Geth Primes no problem. Firebase Dagger is a very large map that allows you to spread out the enemies, and gives you plenty of room to retreat if need be.

Yeah that was the map we went back to back 10 on. Was really easy except hacking a terminal with like billions of phantoms and atluses with no cover

eek5

Yeah that was the map we went back to back 10 on. Was really easy except hacking a terminal with like billions of phantoms and atluses with no cover

One of the 4 objective spots on that map is in a really small room which is a nightmare. I think white is the easiest map. 2 in the bottom holding a choke and 2 on the platform making sure people don't rush in.

I've had a lot of success on ghost too and giant is good if you have snipers on your team since you can hold the high ground and have one of the longer line of sights available.

sophora

Looks like I've lost all my unlocks, characters, weapons, ect. Kept all the experience I've earned on regular human characters though. It's like the multiplayer data was reset besides my human characters :/

Anyone else having trouble like this?

Man, as an Asari Adept, I kinda hate fighting the Geth. Main reason being is that you can't trap Pyros in the Stasis Bubble, and those are my least favorite enemies.

However, being an Asari Adept, I have won every single Silver match I have played with my friends since I fully upgraded Stasis.

My next character I want to try is a Human Vanguard and I would just like to know the best path to take with Biotic Charge and Nova. Soo... What are the best paths to take?

Woorloog

Banned
The multiplayer is great, as i said about the demo. But two things get to my nerves.
1. Whoever was that fucktard that desinged that fucking unlock system? Specifically, that you need to unlock other SPECIES through that! As far as i'm concerned, each human is pretty bad, having overlapping powers or something like that, most aliens are better.
2. Other players. I meet these two fucking morons who keep fighting on the other side of the map instead of coming to rez me and the another guy and activate the frigging objective. Then this one guy cannot melee, shoot or anything, just tries to snipe stuff and keeps missing. And finally this "leader" who refuses to "ready" and everytime everyone else has "readied" he does something that reverts us to "not-ready".
Oh and these random morons who vote to kick others without any reason.

Ikkarus

vanguard.jpg
How do you grab someone? D:

I just unlocked the carnifex which is great, all I need now is the Asari Adept and my perfect combination is complete.

I have unlocked the Krogan which is great fun. Melee + rage is amusing when you take on the big guys.

Dave1988

Has anyone else have this problem that they can't connect to a friend from another region in MP because a message pops out saying that your and his version of ME3 are incompatible? I'm playing on PS3 btw.

RS4-

I just unlocked the carnifex which is great, all I need now is the Asari Adept and my perfect combination is complete.

I have unlocked the Krogan which is great fun. Melee + rage is amusing when you take on the big guys.

I assume it's the one where you're behind thin cover and pull an enemy over it for the one hit melee kill. Biggest enemy I've landed it on was the Geth pyro.

I've only had it work when the melee prompt comes up though.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

You can grab someone when you're in cover and an enemy is right on the other side. If you have Action Icons on, a fist will appear above your character. It works on all but the largest enemies.

Ikkarus

Thanks for explaining.

Hmmm, I am going to have to try and grab someone at least once then.

Is there actually any strategy to killing Banshees? The only tactics I have seen is to literally shoot the crap out of it and hope for the best. The Brute is a pain but at least you can run away from it, the Banshee on the other hand literally hunts you down! I just remember from the demo that Stasis makes easy work of Phantom's so if there are any particular skills that work well then that's all good.

Thanks for explaining.

Is there actually any strategy to killing Banshees? The only tactics I have seen is to literally shoot the crap out of it and hope for the best. The Brute is a pain but at least you can run away from it, the Banshee on the other hand literally hunts you down! I just remember from the demo that Stasis makes easy work of Phantom's so if there are any particular skills that work well then that's all good.

According to the hints the games give you have to destroy that effect it gets around itself to prevent it from doing special attacks. I have yet to figure out how to destroy it though. I also find it absurd from how far away it do it one hit melee move. I've literally seen my character get dragged like 10 feet away to it for the animation to take place.

Ken

Thanks for explaining.

Hope you have Sentinels or Overload to rip apart its barriers and incinerate to bring down its armor.

Takes me about 3 Overloads to bring down its barriers but 3-4 clips of Black Widow rounds with cloak buffs to do the same.

Acosta

Thanks for explaining.

Same strategy I adopted for every monster.

FemShepard: *biotic push* "YIAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH"

FOOOOOOOOOOSH BAAAAAAAAAAM

(God, I loved being Vanguard).

The only special consideration for Banshees is that I normally do that combined with Nova, but that's dangerous in this case because Banshees are fast to grab you in melee range (insta kill). So I use biotic push, and retreat while shooting them, only to repeat it again.

They are nasty pieces for sure, gave me more than a headache in normal, in higher difficulties must be a nightmare.

Achtius

So, why doesn't singularity work on Guardian in MP? I literally can't do anything to them as a human adept =/

Shockwave knock them back but they still hang onto the shield

So, why doesn't singularity work on Guardian in MP? I literally can't do anything to them as a human adept =/

When they get knocked back with shockwave pop a few rounds into his head and you should be good. Even on gold you should have enough time with a predator to do that. You could also shoot through the slot with a sniper rifle, heavy pistol, or the Mattock.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

It doesn't make sense to me either. If you're playing a Human Adept, you can Shockwave and unload your gun, aim for the shield slot with a scoped heavy pistol or sniper rifle, or try to flank them and cast Singularity from behind.

Luckily, I unlocked the Drell Adept early. Pull can tear their shields from them, and functions almost like Singularity against other enemies. Also, Reave is instantly cast, so enemies can't dodge it.

Ken

Unlocked all the Soldiers and Vanguard characters, two higher-level Assault Rifles and Shotguns (LVL 3 Geth Shotgun is insane for a starting character). Plus all the other one-use stuff.

The Geth Plasma Shotgun is insane at any level. I have one at rank VIII right now.

Can someone explain the uses of tech armor?

I use it as just extra armor with the Turian Sentinel and then spec it in a way to make it buff ability use. I spam Overload like crazy and it seems to works. I might be wrong, but I think if speced correctly Overload is actually more effective with tech armor on then off. Even if I am sacrificing like one second of cooldown I still like the added survivability on silver and gold.

Alucrid

Banned
I use it as just extra armor with the Turian Sentinel and then spec it in a way to make it buff ability use. I spam Overload like crazy and it seems to works. I might be wrong, but I think if speced correctly Overload is actually more effective with tech armor on then off. Even if I am sacrificing like one second of cooldown I still like the added survivability on silver and gold.

Ahh, okay, thanks.

Anyone on live?

what the hell, disconnected from EA servers again near the end of a good silver run, fuck sake I wasn't even lagging.

such bullshit. anyone else getting a disconnect every few hours?

MrDaravon

I asked a few pages back with no response (that I saw), what's the deal with the bug where you lose all your unlocks and stuff? Apparently that's still going on, did we ever at least pin down specifically what causes it? I saw some people saying that it's caused by going to the Store after you've Ready'd in a lobby, but then saw some other people saying that wasn't what happened to them. I want to get into the multiplayer, but am terrified of losing all my shit.

I am. CAPCPOM.

That's the best GT.

Ikkarus

Well I have just been playing about with the Carnifex. It sure is lethal! Headshots galore basically. Is this the best heavy pistol to have by the way?

This gun and stasis will be my ticket in to Gold games.

My next character I want to try is a Human Vanguard and I would just like to know the best path to take with Biotic Charge and Nova. Soo... What are the best paths to take?

Just reposting this. Anyone know?

Mindlog

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Go away Drell Adept. No one likes you.
Well I have just been playing about with the Carnifex. It sure is lethal! Headshots galore basically. Is this the best heavy pistol to have by the way?

This gun and stasis will be my ticket in to Gold games.
Random gold tip you'll probably figure out on your own. It's better to shoot the leg or body first and then land a headshot. A headshot does enough damage to let stasis expire, but not enough to kill. A body/leg shot does less damage, but stasis remains. You can deal much more damage this way.

If I disparaged the name of the Geth Plasma Shotgun or Disciple I take it back. These shotguns are great.

Does anyone know how melee damage is calculated? Does weapon weight have an effect? I'm having a hard time seeing why my Krogan Soldier should carry a Claymore instead of a GPS.

Just reposting this. Anyone know?
It's on the last page. Vanguarding.
I favor AoE over damage for now. I like to be certain that I can stagger everyone in my facility. As long as I can do that then killing is the easy part.

DarkKyo

Just played my first Gold and beat it. 4 Infiltrators vs Geth! Great way to farm mega credits as it wasn't super super hard.

AColdDay

I have to admit that I have always really sucked at online multiplayer and I'm getting tired of seeing a huge gap in performance when I finish a mission.

I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I am on equal standing with my teammates.

Would there be any interest in a separate gaf team for people who suck?

JOIN ME MY BROTHERS

Platform: PC
origin id: jred2

Dresden

Just curve that shit high over their heads. If Singularity lands behind their shields it's GG.

X-Frame

Just played my first Gold and beat it. 4 Infiltrators vs Geth! Great way to farm mega credits as it wasn't super super hard.

Were they all Quarian Infiltrators?

I played a couple Silver's recently where myself and 1 other player was a QI and it was very easy. The hard part was babysitting the human characters with us, but we didn't even really need them.

Add in a Salarian Engineer for his Energy Drain and Decoy, and a Turian with Tech Armor specced for power damage and max Overload and you got yourself a Geth eating party.

Ken

I played a couple Silver's recently where myself and 1 other player was a QI and it was very easy. The hard part was babysitting the human characters with us, but we didn't even really need them.

Add in a Salarian Engineer for his Energy Drain and Decoy, and a Turian with Tech Armor specced for power damage and max Overload and you got yourself a Geth eating party.

Is the extra 20% power damage worth the 50% power speed penalty?

Is the extra 20% power damage worth the 50% power speed penalty?

After messing around with an engineer and a Turian sentinel I think it is at least with the chain effect I don't have any hard proof, but its what I experienced. Regardless you become way more durable that way and the trade off is worth it even if you are a bit slower to get the overloads off.

DTKT

So, are Vanguards just useless in gold?

We can't really use charge because as soon as the animation is over, we get shredded. We can't engage a Banshee because we get one shotter. We basically have no utility beside charging something. You pray for a double proc because you really can't just sit around.

Shotguns are useless at anything over 30 cm.

I just did a Reaper gold and it was just painful to deal with them.

DarkKyo

3 Quarians, 1 Salarian. So it was a pretty good mix.

So, are Vanguards just useless in gold?

We can't really use charge because as soon as the animation is over, we get shredded. We can't engage a Banshee because we get one shotter. We basically have no utility beside charging something. You pray for a double proc because you really can't just sit around.

Shotguns are useless at anything over 30 cm.

I just did a Reaper gold and it was just painful to deal with them.

How are you specced if Biotic Charge is only giving you 50% shields instead of the full 100% and you don't have 200% recharge speed that's your issue. I haven't actually fought reapers on gold with a vanguard, but I know with Cerberus and Geth its still a great class you just can't go crazy anymore. A good heavy pistol becomes invaluable shotguns are just too heavy maybe a high level disciple would work, but I haven't unlocked one so I don't know.

Phionoxx

I asked a few pages back with no response (that I saw), what's the deal with the bug where you lose all your unlocks and stuff? Apparently that's still going on, did we ever at least pin down specifically what causes it? I saw some people saying that it's caused by going to the Store after you've Ready'd in a lobby, but then saw some other people saying that wasn't what happened to them. I want to get into the multiplayer, but am terrified of losing all my shit.

This happened to me last night. Had some nice unlocks too - Salarian Infiltrator, Widow, Disciple, +1 Medi-gel capacity in rounds, Geth Pulse Rifle, and Quarian Engineer. All gone now.

I have been reading up on it a bit, it seems that people who have had this happen to them when they re-unlock what they had before the bug, say for instance unlocking a race again that they had already used, it still had their custom name and weapon loadouts, even still had the weapon mods equipped. So it seems there may be some hope that it the information about unlocks is still being stored somewhere, even though if the glitch happens you can't access what you had anymore.

Really hope there is a quick resolution for this, I guess in the meantime I will focus on human characters and won't be buying any item packs. It sucks to have all that stuff just disappear.

Darklord

Banned
Thought I'd post this here too. :)

Don't spend lots of credits if you get them from a server.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...of-credits-in-multiplayer-mode-9689886-1.html

I recieved a large amount of credits (millions) after a multiplayer
match. After checking it out it seems other people have had the same
thing, It's probably from when the host has modified their game files.

Any way, I made the mistake of spending said credits just to see what sort of stuff you get out of spectre boxes. I bought a lot, like, loads.

Anyway tried to play the game again today, 'this account is invalid'. Contacted EA support it turns out my account is banned because of 'suspected credit hacking'.

Now, I wouldn't mind if I can't play the multiplayer anymore, it's my own stupid fault for spending said credits.

However
this also means I can't access any of my single player DLC, I had
already recruited the DLC character, I was wearing DLC weapons. It's effectively screwed up my game.

It's so frustrating, I barely even play multiplayer games, to me mass effect is a single player series, I was only playing multiplayer to get galactic readiness to 100% so that I could feel my single player game was 'perfect'.

Anyway, consider yourselves warned.

Bioware said:
Hi guys, real quick: cheating is a top item under review/investigation by the live team. We'll have more info soon, but I'll pass along your situation (OP) to them to look at fixing you up. Please note that the intention is NOT to ban people who are "victims" of these kinds of hacks (ie got credits they didn't ask for). If this happens to you, I recommend not spending them :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Tried jumping online today to try out the multiplayer, but I get kicked out of every lobby I join because I'm level 1. How the hell am I supposed to level up if no one is willing to play with me? What a stupid concept.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Can the upgrades to the rare weapons like the Geth Shotgun be found in the cheapest packs or are those just as rare as the main gun?

exYle

Tried jumping online today to try out the multiplayer, but I get kicked out of every lobby I join because I'm level 1. How the hell am I supposed to level up if no one is willing to play with me? What a stupid concept.

Make sure you're playing on Bronze difficulty, people are usually more lenient there.
If you're a level 1 in Silver or (god forbid) Gold, I instantly vote to kick. Players of that rank in those difficulties invariably end up being more of a hindrance than help.

Top Bottom