• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

You can matchmake into games that are happening so sometimes you pick geth or whatever and you join at the end of a match that people lost where someone left right as they're loading into lobby probably.

Thanks, figured that. Is there a way for me to create my own lobby on the 360 or is that PC only? And then wait for people to join ..

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone have recommended builds for the human vanguard? With no respecs, I'm afraid to level up.

Specifically, I'm not sure what upgrade paths I should take in Nova and Charge.

Anyone have recommended builds for the human vanguard? With no respecs, I'm afraid to level up.

Charge is top, bottom, bottom
Nova is top bottom top

The one that is up for interpretation is the effect radius of over power in both trees. I like power more, but either works just fine.

Charge - Spec damage, power synergy, barrier recharge
Nova - Spec damage, power recharge, pierce
Alliance Training - Spec power damage/weight, power damage, and weight if your loadout isn't max recharge, or weapon damage if it's already 200%
Fitness - Spec 100% for shields and health

Haint

ZqU8x.png

Douche chill~!

Yea, they don't care about cheating, they care about people 'stealing' their $2 bullshit packs. As a fair, level field, legit player, I don't care whether someone conjures 2,000,000 credits or spends $66 buying them, the end result is the same.

Aquila

Thanks, figured that. Is there a way for me to create my own lobby on the 360 or is that PC only? And then wait for people to join ..

There should be a 'create new match' selection right on the main multiplayer menu on 360. You can change the team setting to public from there.

Playing with randoms really is an exercise in futility for me though. I just played a random game for a few more credits and a spectre pack and not one person knew the concept of hacking terminals or killing designated targets during objective waves.

If anybody want to group up with a new gaffer tomorrow, my gt is Wraith OO.

Yeesh, this buying content thing is evil genius.

It's JUST cheap enough to be an impulse buy. I blew $20 on Spectre Packs, just to help my first character get off the ground abit.

Dresden

The players seem so much worse than the ones playing in the demo.

Also vanguards thinking they can godmode before getting scrubbed by a turret is too common.

eek5

I'm not sure but I think you can start as private then set it to public (haven't tried myself). From what I'm hearing it takes forever to fill up though..

I've joined a couple matches "in progress" and it is pretty awesome because it's usually a failing team so they hit the scoreboard, add up everyone's points and you get a ton of XP for doing nothing LOL

Mrbob

I've played more ME3 multi player than I ever would have imagined. Another 4 hours tonight. My Quarian Infiltrator is a boss. Sabotage is just deadly against the Geth!

It's JUST cheap enough to be an impulse buy. I blew $20 on Spectre Packs, just to help my first character get off the ground abit.

Thankfully I've resisted. I've finished some Silver and Gold ranked maps now and you get a ton of money. Gold maps net you 72K when you finish them, and silver is around 30 to 32k!

Nori Chan

Tried going with gold with a couple randoms and we didn't do too bad.

Two times in a row where we hit wave 10, with 1 failing the objective, and the other losing before the extraction came.

Didn't get anything out of the spectre pack doe :( Already leveled up the BF3 Soldier class to 20 so I'm working on my next class which is the Quarian Engineer. Any tips to what I should level up in that compartment? I only ready have 3 in each cyro, incinerate and turret.

Didn't get anything out of the spectre pack doe :( Already leveled up the BF3 Soldier class to 20 so I'm working on my next class which is the Quarian Engineer. Any tips to what I should level up in that compartment? I only ready have 3 in each cyro, incinerate and turret.

Bryan,

The human engineer is far superior imo. Spec Overload for chain overload and recharge, spec incinerate for damage, recharge and 65% damage to armor (you're gonna overload everything else), max Fitness for shields/health and take Alliance Training to level 5, focusing on power damage. You shouldn't need level 6 in that. Though a case maybe could be made for going for weight reduction instead of level 6 incinerate.

love and toodles,
-Xtortion

Nori Chan

Bryan,

The human engineer is far superior imo. Spec Overload for chain overload and recharge, spec incinerate for damage, recharge and 65% damage to armor (you're gonna overload everything else), max Fitness for shields/health and take Alliance Training to level 5, focusing on power damage. You shouldn't need level 6 in that. Though a case maybe could be made for going for weight reduction instead of level 6 incinerate.

love and toodles,
-Xtortion

hey whore y u no play with me

hey whore y u no play with me

midterms next week : /

Tip for anyone who wants to easily beat gold: Fight Geth on Firebase Dagger. The Geth are by far the easiest faction since they don't have any instakills, and vanguards can literally solo Geth Primes no problem. Firebase Dagger is a very large map that allows you to spread out the enemies, and gives you plenty of room to retreat if need be.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Is there an in-depth but zero-spoiler explanation of the whole SP to MP tie-in along with the whole promote your MP character at Level 20 thing? Still haven't touched SP yet, and before doing so, since this is all brand new, I wanna make sure I do it right.

Someone posted some explanations a page or so back, but I don't know if that's everything.

USIGSJ

midterms next week : /

Tip for anyone who wants to easily beat gold: Fight Geth on Firebase Dagger. The Geth are by far the easiest faction since they don't have any instakills, and vanguards can literally solo Geth Primes no problem. Firebase Dagger is a very large map that allows you to spread out the enemies, and gives you plenty of room to retreat if need be.

Can you give me some tips for Quarian Infiltrator and Asari Adept.

eek5

Is there an in-depth but zero-spoiler explanation of the whole SP to MP tie-in along with the whole promote your MP character at Level 20 thing? Still haven't touched SP yet, and before doing so, since this is all brand new, I wanna make sure I do it right.

Someone posted some explanations a page or so back, but I don't know if that's everything.

You have "war assets" in SP that you need to collect. Having these basically gets you a better ending or an extra clip? (not sure) after you pass a certain threshold. You can promote level 20 classes into SP. This resets the class level to 1 and adds the "war asset" to your SP. I think it counts as 75 points of war assets

Can you give me some tips for Quarian Infiltrator and Asari Adept.

For quarian Infiltrator:
Sabotage w/ duration, explode, and damage
Cloak w/ sniper buffs. I like the free power w/o breaking cloak #6
Get as much health as you can but it doesn't really matter

Basically what I do is cloak, sabotage geth, snipe then get in cover. My mantis X finishes reloading right as my cloak recharges so it is pretty awesome.

Probably going to respec mine since I didn't go with duration on sabotage and picked melee bonuses for some of the cloak though.

USIGSJ

So sniping is the best, as for the stasis progression what do you recommend to take on lvl 4-6. Also is it better to go all warp or all throw.

eek5

So sniping is the best, as for the stasis progression what do you recommend to take on lvl 4-6. Also is it better to go all warp or all throw.

The only important one is bubble. MAKE SURE YOU GET BUBBLE!!

On some cerberus enemy maps where people drop in you can put a bubble where they fall in and it freezes everyone. So sick lmao

Stasis progression isn't as cut and dry as the vanguards, but I took Duration, recharge speed, and Bubble.

Duration, really? Stasis lasts far longer than I need it to even without duration.

That said, I'd spec Stasis for Stasis Strength, recharge speed, and Bubble. Spec Warp for Damage, Expose, and and Pierce. Spec Fitness for health and spec Asari Justicar for weapon damage.

Reasoning: Spec Warp for damage and don't focus on comboing. Stasis handles all of the smaller enemies, so focus on using Warp to deal with bigger guys (Atlas, Geth Primes, etc...). I'd spec Justicar for weapon damage since you're not really based on dealing damage with powers - Warp is more of a niche thing for heavy enemies. You're not constantly spamming damaging powers like an Engineer.

Duration, really? Stasis lasts far longer than I need it to even without duration.

That said, I'd spec Stasis for Stasis Strength, recharge speed, and Bubble. Spec Warp for Damage, Expose, and and Pierce. Spec Fitness for health and spec Asari Justicar for weapon damage.

Reasoning: Spec Warp for damage and don't focus on comboing. Stasis handles all of the smaller enemies, so focus on using Warp to deal with bigger guys (Atlas, Geth Primes, etc...). I'd spec Justicar for weapon damage since you're not really based on dealing damage with powers - Warp is more of a niche thing for heavy enemies. You're not constantly spamming damaging powers like an Engineer.

I find that with duration and bubble you have time to hit a group snipe one switch to the other with warp and then snipe the third.

I find that with duration and bubble you have time to hit a group snipe one switch to the other with warp and then snipe the third.

Wouldn't the Warp's explosion knock them all over? And even if the Stasis ends and they fall over, you can just throw up another Stasis. I'd spec Duration if the cooldown was high like Sabotage, but it's not. It's incredibly short.

eek5

Man decoy is so cheap on some maps. One of my teammates was using it on white you can put a decoy at one of the corners and basically nothing passes it. Then you can just spam overload/incinerate or whatever from safety lmao

kurahador

so, for whatever reason i got disconnected in like 1 sec after completing a round.
managed to receive XP, but no Credits. then i got this:
Y0c37.jpg

fml

X-Frame

It still baffles me how ransoms don't understand the Hacking objective. Is it that difficult to comprehend? Does the game need to flash big red letters on their screen to tell them to get into the shiny blue circle the announcer keeps reminding everyone to do?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
To the guy who couldn't get the Battlefield 3 soldier class to show up in multiplayer, if you're on PS3, then you're out of luck because it was only compatible for X360 & PC - just stumbled onto this a while ago: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...eld-3-multi-player-unlock-note-9675357-1.html

From Jarrett Lee of Bioware:

Hi guys,

This should have been made clear when we announced it last week, but just to clarify it Battlefield 3 multiplayer skin is only available on PC and Xbox 360, not PS3. This is due to the same technical limitations that prevented us from including PS3 in the Recruitment program. Apologies for not making that clear previously, and we regret that we can't extend the unlock to all owners.

Jarrett

You have "war assets" in SP that you need to collect. Having these basically gets you a better ending or an extra clip? (not sure) after you pass a certain threshold. You can promote level 20 classes into SP. This resets the class level to 1 and adds the "war asset" to your SP. I think it counts as 75 points of war assets

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it!

"Servers are unavailable at this time"

oh wow.

Love how peer to peer multi requires a master server these days, also love how being disconnected via their end nets you no exp or money from a 20 minute slog to wave 10 in silver...

so, for whatever reason i got disconnected in like 1 sec after completing a round.
managed to receive XP, but no Credits. then i got this:
Y0c37.jpg

fml

Balance :p

I'll admit I bought two spec packs, one on launch day and one last night, I got a pack of 2100 points for £11 instead of £17.50 so it's only like 80p a pack if you think of it like that.

eek5

It still baffles me how ransoms don't understand the Hacking objective. Is it that difficult to comprehend? Does the game need to flash big red letters on their screen to tell them to get into the shiny blue circle the announcer keeps reminding everyone to do?

A lot of people don't seem to understand the importance of money/objective rounds either. The only thing that matters is finishing the objective so you can get credits! On the 10th round when people don't use their rockets and medigels it blows my mind. It pays out like 15k on silver and 45k on gold ;_;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A lot of people don't seem to understand the importance of money/objective rounds either. The only thing that matters is finishing the objective so you can get credits! On the 10th round when people don't use their rockets and medigels it blows my mind. It pays out like 15k on silver and 45k on gold ;_;

I've bought like 6 Spectre packs and I only have like 3 medigels. It's dumb. :/

Charge is top, bottom, bottom
Nova is top bottom top

The one that is up for interpretation is the effect radius of over power in both trees. I like power more, but either works just fine.

Charge - Spec damage, power synergy, barrier recharge
Nova - Spec damage, power recharge, pierce
Alliance Training - Spec power damage/weight, power damage, and weight if your loadout isn't max recharge, or weapon damage if it's already 200%
Fitness - Spec 100% for shields and health

Awesome. On Bronze, I've come to like playing Vanguard especially since I got that Graal shotgun. I'm curious to see how it holds up on Silver.

Petrie

Banned
I've bought like 6 Spectre packs and I only have like 3 medigels. It's dumb. :/

Awesome. On Bronze, I've come to like playing Vanguard especially since I got that Graal shotgun. I'm curious to see how it holds up on Silver.
Buy some cheapo packs to stock up.

eek5

I feel like I want to keep unlocking rare stuff though. I've seen people with weapon mods and whatnot that I haven't been getting on the recruit and veteran levels.

I think all the mods are commons or whatever. You should be able to get them spamming recruit packs

edit: nevermind the vet packs seem the best for mods

eek5

vanguard.jpg

holy shit this guy wrecked stuff lol

nova seems pretty sweet

3 vet packs later.. oh thanks I really needed this ;_;
ohthanks.jpg

eek5

Oh really? Hrm. I do want to unlock the Asari characters as well though. :(

Uncommon:
Turian Soldier
Turian Sentinel
Asari Vanguard
Quarian Infiltrator
Drell Adept
Salarian Engineer

Rare:
Krogan Soldier
Krogan Sentinel
Asari Adept
Drell Vanguard
Quarian Engineer
Salarian Infiltrator

After opening a couple recruit packs, it seems like you only get 1 or 2 cards that will have mods. The veteran has 2-3 cards that can be mods so it's probably better. You can get both Asari chars in veteran packs but the adept will be more rare (gold card). Having maxed out mods almost seems more important than getting the rare guns. I'm probably going to switch to opening just veteran packs for a while until I at least max out my sniper barrel

edit: Also I was wrong, some mods ARE uncommon which means opening vet packs should be the way to go since you're guaranteed an uncommon.

Ken

If I hooked up with someone in 2 and want to get with her again, can I sleep with anyone else? Or does Shep have to be monogomous? I feel like I got with Jack as well as one other more serious relationship in 2.
Only if you complete all the gold challenges solo using just the Claymore shotgun and no powers.

Money is only earned from the missions as you play right? any points from kills is pure xp.

Bit annoying but maybe it's to stop farming.

Top Bottom