• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Played a couple silver rounds as a Drell Adept wow Cluster grenades are crazy powerful. I regret not getting area reave now. What build have people sued for them I find mine to be extremely fragile.

From one of my earlier posts:

Max Reave, Pull and Cluster Grenade

Reave: Radius, Recharge Speed, Damage & Duration (mostly for damage protection bonus)
Pull: Radius, Expose, Duration & Combo
Cluster Grenade: Damage & Force, Max Grenades, Shrapnel

Now, it's up to you whether or not to max Assassin or put a few points into Fitness; I went with 5 ranks in Assassin and 3 in Fitness (he is extremely squishy).

Give your drell one light weapon to minimize cooldown, then pull/reave as much as you can. Use grenades periodically (don't spam them unless it's an emergency), and make sure to hit ammo boxes continuously throughout the rounds. In a normal Silver/Gold match, you can use approximately 1.5-2 grenades per round and have at least 2 for the next round with a continuous cycle of use -> ammo -> use -> ammo. If the waves are manageable though, don't use grenades for the sake of using it. And don't forget to use your thermal clips! These are LIFESAVING in critical situations and give you a full supply of grenades... with proper cycling to ammo boxes, you can throw upwards of 7-9 grenades in a very short amount of time using only one thermal clip. In other words, this technique is extremely handy in crowded extraction points (like Firebase Giant).

Tip: I try to stay out of cover and just strafe when I'm using Pull/Reave... it's much faster and less awkward to aim, and easier to run away if need be. Obviously this is a long range class so try to *never* engage at close/mid range.... if enemies close, RUN!

Tip 2: Before using a grenade, try to Reave them first. Grenades can detonate, and the damage is very significant when used together. Also, aim for your target's feet.

Okay, I asked this question back whenever I was playing the demo, but nobody knew the answer.

So, let's say I love my Turian Soldier to death. But he's an uncommon, and I really want to unlock more customization options. Will he show up more in recruit packs since I unlocked him already, or do I have to buy packs that have better rates because the game doesn't adjust like it should?

Ken

Okay, I asked this question back whenever I was playing the demo, but nobody knew the answer.

So, let's say I love my Turian Soldier to death. But he's an uncommon, and I really want to unlock more customization options. Will he show up more in recruit packs since I unlocked him already, or do I have to buy packs that have better rates because the game doesn't adjust like it should?

If he's an uncommon, you'll need to get him from packs with uncommons. Basically, you need to pull him again n amount of times with the same chance as when you first got him. I think that's how it works.

Grisby

Are the servers off for anyone else? Past few days I get in 8 rounds or so and it loses its connection.

Pissing me off.

If he's an uncommon, you'll need to get him from packs with uncommons. Basically, you need to pull him again n amount of times with the same chance as when you first got him. I think that's how it works.

Fuck. Even more time to be invested. Oh well. I don't think I like this random drop system very much hahahaha

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Man, this game sometimes...got DCed almost a minute into the extraction wave in a silver Reaper game I was carrying. I already (should) have my Reaper credit, but still, if you get DCed you really ought to get the Credits you've earned. I understand it's a deterrent to prevent people from just ditching, but come on, why would anyone ditch on the extraction wave?

On another note, Drell Adepts are insanely fun, and damn effective against Reapers, at least on silver. Pull -> Reave takes care of the Cannibal/Husks mobs, Reave -> Cluster Grenades tears apart Ravagers, and Cluster Grenades are just awesome in general. The Reave audio bug needs to get fixed soon, but I'm starting to get used to it. Just, the way the abilities flow, the way the Drell move/dodge/melee...it's just so fun to play.

This. Yeah, this is the same concern I have. I can't even count now how many times I'm in wave 9 or 10 and the game gets disconnected. Why not give me my EXP or money for all that time? It's such a waste of 15-20 minutes to get there. I blame this on the game not having dedicated servers.

While the core game is addicting and fun, some things make it seem that BioWare is new at this sort of thing.

Hopefully, they can patch this in or stuff like the UI, game filtering and some other niggles.

Woo-Fu

Banned
This. Yeah, this is the same concern I have. I can't even count now how many times I'm in wave 9 or 10 and the game gets disconnected. Why not give me my EXP or money for all that time? It's such a waste of 15-20 minutes to get there. I blame this on the game not having dedicated servers.

While the core game is addicting and fun, some things make it seem that BioWare is new at this sort of thing.

Hopefully, they can patch this in or stuff like the UI, game filtering and some other niggles.

I'm at N7 level ~340 or so and I have been disconnected a grand total of twice in all those matches. They can't fix the Internet but they could add a rejoin game feature.

Honestly I'd rather they work on the existing bugs before adding functionality. Probably not an either/or situation, though.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm at N7 level ~340 or so and I have been disconnected a grand total of twice in all those matches. They can't fix the Internet but they could add a rejoin game feature.

Honestly I'd rather they work on the existing bugs before adding functionality. Probably not an either/or situation, though.

Damn, that's another problem that should be fixed. Why on earth can't I join a friend's current session unless they invite me? Man, you're lucky! Me and a bunch of friends get disconnected from EA's servers at least once or twice a day - and I don't have this problem with any game, except ME3's MP.

It just sucks that they don't auto save XP or money. I mean, they should auto save both even if there's a wave 5 minimum in doing so. It's really annoying having to slog through almost 20 minutes and not get anything in return if you get disconnected.

Mrninjaman

Neo Member
I really don't know what I'm doing yet. I just went ahead and started playing with a Turian soldier but the powers I have and the weapons I currently have seem pretty weak. What's a good class in the beginning when you have everything locked? From the handful of rounds I played, I'd imagine overload is solid so, I'm thinking engineer.

I actually have had a lot of fun with The taurian solider and I'm actually just using the default assault rifle and pistol on mine. I maxed marksman, and then taurian solider and he is a bullet spraying machine works pretty good.

Another great option is the human vanguard, max charge spec for barrier and then max nova. equip a pistol and spam away. I've had great results through silver.

Best of Luck

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh hey, I remember you from UMvC. You ran that Ryu, Iron Fist, gold Iron Man team right?

Anyways I'll hop on in 30 minutes to an hour for the challenge.
Yeah yo! Missed you though, had a good run playing today.

Good playing with you guys, enzo and lima. We took full advantage of only needing one person to be extracted :p

I was Ice.
Oh snap! GGs to you and Lima and Mass! Ty for carrying my ass.

I now have a Geth Pulse Rifle II and Geth Plasma Shotgun II. That's like the spoils of 2/3 of my Spectre packs. Sigh.

I added the GAFME3 tag, and will be on at various times during the weekend and beyond to do silver runs for the challenge...I finally finished my first silver today!

Gamertag: FrontalMonkey

For the folks getting disconnected, what platform are you on? Odd cuz I've put in so many hours and there are clearly a lot of bugs/glitches in the game (Vanguard, I'm looking at you), but getting disconnected mid-match isn't one of them.

On 360 myself.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
For the folks getting disconnected, what platform are you on? Odd cuz I've put in so many hours and there are clearly a lot of bugs/glitches in the game (Vanguard, I'm looking at you), but getting disconnected mid-match isn't one of them.

On 360 myself.

PS3 here. :( Sucks that we're not part of the N7 Challenge, but what can you do? I do have an Xbox, but I can't afford to buy the game, then buy XBL Gold on top of that...not when I have a PS3 that can play it just by the game alone. I think the wife might kill me if I did. :D

Also, Vanguard problem is prevalent across all platforms, no? I'm wary of using it now since the glitch might cause me to just stand while I wait for everyone to finish.

Now, I think I need to play the other classes. I've only played Vanguard and Infiltrator and some are swearing that the Asari Adept and Engineer class are severely overepowered - a fact that I don't mind abusing since it's no competitive MP. XD

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Is this complete?

Also, GGs.

Saw this last night but is it accurate? Does this mean I can have 6 medi-gels or missiles in one match? I've already gotten +1 for the gel and +1 for missiles. Dead useful when it comes to Gold runs.

Speaking of which, anyone here on PS3 doing Gold runs? I need me some squadmates! :D

krakov

On 360 myself.

I'm on 360 as well and have never been disconnected. Though one of my friends was almost unable to finish a game in the demo.

Maxed out throw + warp is pretty damn awesome. Also great if you haven't gotten any good weapons since you won't need one anyway.

this guy

Just beat a silver match with reapers with full extraction and got nothing. What a waste since I hate fighting reapers....

EDIT: Never mind I just saw that the packs won't appear until the 20th. I hope they actually recognize that I did it.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just had a great pickup group, 1 100+, 2 200+, 1 300+, think we cruised through 8 straight silver runs with lvl 10-20 characters, don't even think we used any rockets and never was even close to not finishing. My hands are like claws after that marathon, though.

Turian Sentinel with maxed overload and a falcon just eats everything, nom nom nom.

Troll

Banned
with the special going on this weekend for PC and 360 players, can we get more than one special pack or is it limited to one per person?

Rokam

Where is my Krogan at dammit :(. Got Asari Adept again. Want to buy being able to trade. Also Reapers on that stupid indoors Cerberus base makes me sad. Team laughed at me because I got pinned in the tiny room with a Brute and a Banshee.

From one of my earlier posts:

I saw that post earlier and took your advice, and my god it helped. Drell Adept is super effective, even on gold, and I was having a blast playing the Drell. I played with a squad consisting of an Asari Adept, Salarian Infiltrator and a Quarian Engineer, and we were just mowing through the enemies; biotic explosions and Cluster Grenades everywhere. Even when you're not with a good squad Drell Adept is still really good. Just Pull/Reave the guys without shields, leaving your teammates to strip shields, and Reave/Grenade everything else.

It's my favorite class now, and it's thanks to your advice.

GorillaJu

I got both Drells but no Krogans.

Also I got a Talon (shotty pistol hybrid). It's supposedly super rare but it hasn't made me feel gatlike, sadly. Thinking it might work best for a Vanguard. Still prefer Phalanx... lovely pistol.

Troll said:
Did they ever explain what "technical limitations" prevented this promotion from being deployed on the PS3?

"Technically we're limited by the exclusivity clause in our contract with Microsoft."

Got a salarian Infiltrator yesterday, game seems to like giving me infiltrators but no sniper rifles :(

Also had a bad connection day yesterday on PS3

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I love using the Drell Adept, but the reave noise drives me insane, so I just play my Asari Adept and destroy worlds.

I wouldn't mind a pack that cost something equally ridiculous that gave up a bunch of rares. I've bought something like 30-40 Spectre packs and I'm still missing a ton of basic shit. Asari Adept continues to elude me...

Some special packs to ease the pain would be nice

50,000 credits - Respec Pack: Includes two respec cards and three common cards

100,000 credits - Character Pack: Includes two rare characters and three uncommon characters

150,000 credits - Super Weapon Pack: Includes a super rare weapon and four rare weapons

200,000 credits - Enhancement Pack: Includes one of each capacity upgrade and a respec card

I got both Drells but no Krogans.

Also I got a Talon (shotty pistol hybrid). It's supposedly super rare but it hasn't made me feel gatlike, sadly. Thinking it might work best for a Vanguard. Still prefer Phalanx... lovely pistol.

"Technically we're limited by the exclusivity clause in our contract with Microsoft."

Their systems didn't support this kind of stuff with DA2 and the Dead space code. I'm pretty sure it is some technical limitation their side they have never bothered to fix.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Beating Reapers on Silver is easy, use Biotic explosions on Brutes and Banshee

Does the whole challenge thing count if we made it through all of the rounds, but on the extraction round we just survived it, and nobody was in the extraction circle? Or does it have to be a full extraction?

milkham

Does the whole challenge thing count if we made it through all of the rounds, but on the extraction round we just survived it, and nobody was in the extraction circle? Or does it have to be a full extraction?

pretty sure at least one person has to get out
Squad Goal: Successful extraction from a Reaper-held zone at a Silver threat level or higher.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't mind a pack that cost something equally ridiculous that gave up a bunch of rares. I've bought something like 30-40 Spectre packs and I'm still missing a ton of basic shit. Asari Adept continues to elude me...

100,000 credits - Character Pack: Includes two rare characters and three uncommon characters

150,000 credits - Super Weapon Pack: Includes a super rare weapon and four rare weapons

200,000 credits - Enhancement Pack: Includes one of each capacity upgrade and a respec card

If they did this, there'd be no incentive to continue to get Spectre packs.

So after playing a lot of the demo iv finally started to play the MP in retail. Only running 2Man teams with me
And my mate so it's bronze for now, lift grenades are powerful as hell just wish I could get some stronger guns, going to try and hammer N7 silver tomorrow get some brute kills for the community

Would be nice if they gave us the collectors assault rifle via this method.... Collectors AI and 2 new maps as DLC would be awesome down the line

I only have shitty weapons. I would buy two characters pack (about the chances I have to get all the character I miss) and a lot of super weapon packs

So what is the best feeling ? Grabbing a fully shielded centurion ? A fully shielded Nemesis ? Maybe a Pyro Geth or a Geth Rocketter. I haven't suceeded to grab a Phantom yet.

Also, Brute can't be grabbed. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what is the best feeling ? Grabbing a fully shielded centurion ? A fully shielded Nemesis ? Maybe a Pyro Geth or a Geth Rocketter. I haven't suceeded to grab a Phantom yet.

Also, Brute can't be grabbed. :(
I don't think anyone would be strong enough to grab a brute. lol

EDarkness

I need some friends since I can't seem to get into any good groups. I think my screen name is EDarkness (Origin). Diggin' it, but I hate the key layout so bad.

Top Bottom