• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Ahahahahh. So I decided to switch up my Sentinel play from Turian to Human, and my god is it beautiful. Explosions, explosions everywhere. I bring down gold Atlases so fast, it's awesome. Most games I don't even fire a single bullet from my pistol, it just takes away from my explody time.

Is it just throw/warp combo? Because I have an Asari adept with both of those (and stasis) and Atlases are still a pain in the ass. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Warp -> Throw, repeat both ad-infinitum, right?

Ken

Is it just throw/warp combo? Because I have an Asari adept with both of those (and stasis) and Atlases are still a pain in the ass. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Warp -> Throw, repeat both ad-infinitum, right?

There's a nice power damage boost with the Sentinel's Tech Armor.

Achtius

the last game was lagging like crazy. Not sure if it was my ps3 or internet or my receiver but it was stuttering like crazy. but it was fun, 4 engineers (all unique!) spamming skills and going crazy.

DarkKyo

Does this mean we get the Commendation pack right after beating the mission or we get it next week when the Victory pack would drop?

Kaper

Build please? :)

Warp - Detonate, Expose, Pierce
Throw - Force, Detonate, Force & Damage
Alliance Training - Damage & Capacity, Power Damage, Weapon Weight
Fitness - Durability, Shield Recharge, Fitness Expert

+20% power damage and -50% power recharge isn't worth it to spec tech armor.

Yeah that's all it is. I've yet to play a class that can take the mega-units down so quickly by itself.

Achtius

I really don't like sentinel, warp and throw is fun but the class lacks cc

I rather use adept or engineer

warp/shockwave works just as well, but ofc you have to be in close range :D

Ken

+20% power damage and -50% power recharge isn't worth it to spec tech armor.

Even if it isn't, it looks cool and that alone is worth keeping it on for me.

If it caused me to wipe on challenges, then I'd stop using it, but so far it hasn't.

Kaper

Even if it isn't, it looks cool and that alone is worth keeping it on for me.

The damage reduction can help, especially if you don't have a vanguard or other melee class in your group to distract enemies.

I really don't like sentinel, warp and throw is fun but the class lacks cc

Throw is a decent cc against most enemies, if it doesn't outright kill unshielded enemies it knocks them down, and shielded enemies get staggered longer than the time it takes throw to recharge. Also, who needs cc when you blow everything up!

Mindlog

Build please? :)
Max warp. Max throw.
That's pretty much it. Warp something then blow it up with throw. Atlas mechs, brutes, primes and banshees become allies. If I go tech armor I use a high level sniper rifle. I don't really like tech armor so I tend to pistol/smg.

I finally found a semi-decent use for an smg. Cryo rounds III + throw. A couple of Hornet sprays can freeze a crowd.

The challenge weekend stuff is great. I really like this multiplayer mode. It makes me hate the current ME3 ending even more :\

Last game I played I random difficultied™ into a bronze match. Host left and it migrated to me. I upped the difficulty to silver. Lots of deaths in the first round and one person left. By the 10th wave the team was a machine. I was laughing at how much the team improved in one match. Phantoms were focused, objectives were met and revives were had all around. Those low-level characters gained a lot of credits and XP. They readied up immediately for the next match, but I had to go.

After helping them get through silver I finally got a Widow for that Infiltrator. I'm going to start hosting bronze and increasing the difficulty right before the match starts more often.

I really like the cloak on Geth Hunters. I've played a lot of games with cloak, but GH have just the right mixture of cues. Finding them doesn't feel too easy or too hard.

*Builds. Almost any build can be made to work. Even imperfect builds can work on Gold with enough skill. The key to any build is just to be using something you can have fun with. I got tired of using pistols for a while and my Drell Adept carried an Incisor. I was still effective on Silver and gold.

*Reading through the N7 weekend stuff. I'd really like to use my N7 Valiant in multiplayer mode. I just know I'll be stuck with a hurricane or crusader.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Damn, I wish the challenge started an hour ago. I just had a great round against Silver Reapers. I was playing a Drell Adept, and the others were a Salarian Engineer, a Human Vanguard, and a Krogan Sentinel. It was going well at first, but then the Krogan decides to drop out in Wave 4 or 5. We start to fall apart, but we still hold our own. In Wave 7, we're really feeling the heat with all the damn Banshees and Brutes. Then as if sent by a goddess, an Asari Adept joins our team. We barely made it out at the end. Sucks that I'll have to do it again for the challenge, but I need to play Silver more anyway so I can open Spectre packs more often.

Also, I've realized that I absolutely suck with Vanguards. I'm not too hot with an Infiltrator either. Other people can play them if they want. I'll stick with my Adepts and Engineers.

DarkKyo

When do Equip packs stop being available? I haven't picked any up yet but I probably should stock up before they're gone for awhile...

Looks like they updated the info page for the N7 Challenge. This looks important:

Progress tracking and unlocks are only possible if you have data tracking enabled. To verify this, in the game go to: Options -> Online -> Upload Gameplay Feedback, and make sure it is “ON”. If this is set to “OFF” your completion and/or contribution to the challenges will not be tracked and you will not receive any unlocks.

Milly79

what is this N7 Challenge you guys are talking about?

Any player who is part of a squad that beats the Reaper faction on Silver difficulty or better will unlock one Commendation Pack. This means that at least one member of the squad must be extracted at the end of the mission – this will earn all squad members the reward. Each player can earn a maximum of one pack, and each pack contains a random N7 Arsenal Weapon. Originally only available as single-player weapons via the N7 Collector’s Edition, these multiplayer variants will be exceptionally rare and are NOT obtainable through regular purchasable Reinforcement Packs. The Commendation Packs will contain one of the following guns at random: N7 Crusader Shotgun, N7 Eagle Pistol, N7 Hurricane SMG, and N7 Valiant Sniper Rifle.

Destroy as many brutes as possible – if the multiplayer community kills a combined 1 MILLION brutes within the hours of the challenge, ALL players will receive a Victory Pack as a reward.

I have that collector edition and never saw these weapons in game, (same as the soundtrack, still looking for it)

Anyway : how do sticky grenade works ? I can't recharge them any time I want...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The Raptor is a pretty dope rifle.

masterkajo

So I played some PC multiplayer since my Xbox version (for single player) hasn't arrived yet (overseas shipping...). I noticed that my galactic readiness rating was increased just by playing the game. I thought that you could choose to influence your singleplayer experience and I thought the way to do it is by promoting a MP character. But just by playing MP I seem to influnce the galactic readiness.

Could someone tell me (without spoilers) what exactly the galactic readiness influences? Is it just that e.g. stuff becomes cheaper or I get more money in SP or will it affect the story directly, i.e. I can do as bad as I want but won't see the worst ending?

Thanks

Achtius

So I played some PC multiplayer since my Xbox version (for single player) hasn't arrived yet (overseas shipping...). I noticed that my galactic readiness rating was increased just by playing the game. I thought that you could choose to influence your singleplayer experience and I thought the way to do it is by promoting a MP character. But just by playing MP I seem to influnce the galactic readiness.

Could someone tell me (without spoilers) what exactly the galactic readiness influences? Is it just that e.g. stuff becomes cheaper or I get more money in SP or will it affect the story directly, i.e. I can do as bad as I want but won't see the worst ending?

Thanks

Total Military Strength x Readiness Rating = Effective Military Strength

Effective Military Strength determines your ending in SP

Dave_6

Well since this challenge won't be on the PS3 I guess I'll play some MP on the 360 this weekend. I'll be starting from 0 but it doesn't mean I'm a noob so if any of you want to join up my GT is the same as my PSN: DaveS78

FWIW I'm currently a 51 on the PS3 and got up to almost 100 during the demo so I know what I'm doing. :)

eek5

is the geth plasma shotgun really that good? just saw a guy take like 3 bars of armor off a geth prime per shot D:

time to try mine out i guess

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is it really? I haven't understood the use for some weapons so far. The Raptor seems like just a weaker Mattock with scope. Is there something I am missing?

Maybe it is. I don't have the Mattock in multiplayer yet. Just using the Raptor as I'm an Infiltrator, and it's funny to spam shoot and mow down enemies.

Thanks

It has a small effect on what ending you get. That's really it.

So I've been playing as a human engineer for a bit and really enjoying it. I'm wondering, is there any reason to bother putting points in incinerate? I find overload to be working pretty well against just about everything.

Pennybags

I checked out the Origin tag list in the OP, but I'd like to know whether people preferred to use Mumble/other voice server or the ingame option.

Never heard the ingame voice used, but I've only played with pubs so far.

Edit: My tag is Pennybaggz on Origin. I wouldn't mind playing with anyone.

Nothing will show up 'til then. You probably won't get any kind of special notification after beating Silver, either.

I completed the challenge just now. Hopefully it counts!

Also, I just unlocked an AR called the "Mattock." I haven't tried using it; is it worth using over the stock AR (which I have at level 5)?

Balphon

Asari seems to have a racial bonus of 10% or so power force/damage over human if the stat screen is correct. May be that her mastery power is just a bigger increase, though.

I completed the challenge just now. Hopefully it counts!

Also, I just unlocked an AR called the "Mattock." I haven't tried using it; is it worth using over the stock AR (which I have at level 5)?

The Mattock and Vindicator are probably the best ARs in the game. I haven't had a chance the M-99 hammer yet, but its pretty rare so its probably gonna be a while.

eek5

Damn the geth plasma shotty is sick with salarian engineer. Drop decoy and charge shotgun, fire incinerate/energy drain then shotty and repeat. Redeploy decoy every shotgun reload.

Three of us had plasma shotties and we cleared gold/geth with 2 level 12's and 2 level 20's lol

I just saw the challenge thing man the N7 Shotgun would be amazing that thing can be given 100% accuracy with the choke. I'm going to online a lot this weekend if you want to play with me my Origin idea will be at the bottom of the post. I tend to use a Turian Sentinel on Gold matches FYI.

Origin: Immovable_Force

So I went from a Human vanguard Charge + Nova + Katana X build to a Quarian Infiltrator with a Mantis sniper rifle and cloak. Talk about a radical change. But I really like this more subtle, even slow paced action. Landing a one shot one kill headshot is really satisfying. Also, cloak is really nice to infiltrate past enemies or revive teammates

eek5

So I went from a Human vanguard Charge + Nova + Katana X build to a Quarian Infiltrator with a Mantis sniper rifle and cloak. Talk about a radical change. But I really like this more subtle, even slow paced action. Landing a one shot one kill headshot is really satisfying. Also, cloak is really nice to infiltrate past enemies or revive teammates

You'll like Salarian Infiltrator even better! Cloak->Energy Drain->Snipe is OP

You can take off shields with energy drain on most enemies and then just OHK them with sniper/cloak.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I checked out the Origin tag list in the OP, but I'd like to know whether people preferred to use Mumble/other voice server or the ingame option.

Never heard the ingame voice used, but I've only played with pubs so far.

Edit: My tag is Pennybaggz on Origin. I wouldn't mind playing with anyone.

I'll send you an invite. Also Mumble would be useful in getting games together, maybe a room in GAF's server? I hate to send people messages while they're playing because there's so little time to type between waves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man do I hate people who don't know how to control or funnel enemy spawns, and just run out randomly putting others in jeopardy.

It's literally the easiest thing to do in the game: STICK TOGETHER. And then diversify your offense only when your aware of where the enemy is.

Played a couple silver rounds as a Drell Adept wow Cluster grenades are crazy powerful. I regret not getting area reave now. What build have people sued for them I find mine to be extremely fragile.

eek5

Man do I hate people who don't know how to control or funnel enemy spawns, and just run out randomly putting others in jeopardy.

It's literally the easiest thing to do in the game: STICK TOGETHER. And then diversify your offense only when your aware of where the enemy is.

Yeah. Spawn control is crucial in gold. I hate when people are unpredictable; they'll stay in one spot for 3 waves covering my back then on the 4th wave they'll move from their spot into mine and we'll get shot in the back 30 seconds later. COME ON!

Can I just put my origin name here to get added to the list? It's BadKeyMachine. Dial me up if you want to play this weekend peoples. Imma kill these geths mang.

I really don't know what I'm doing yet. I just went ahead and started playing with a Turian soldier but the powers I have and the weapons I currently have seem pretty weak. What's a good class in the beginning when you have everything locked? From the handful of rounds I played, I'd imagine overload is solid so, I'm thinking engineer.

Also Origin: FelixLighter

Top Bottom