• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Woo-Fu

Banned
I finally have all the race/class unlocks, at least that are currently available in co-op. Only took ~300 N7 rating to get there, lol. Finally have the Salarian Infiltrator I used for soloing in co-op, the nice thing is I have a Widow IV already waiting for him.

Just did the silver reaper thing, hopefully it registered. There is no feedback to tell if you did it or not, as far as I can tell. It was reaper, it was silver, two of us extracted. I hope they keep up with these challenges, special item kits, keeps it interesting.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They are awesome in the campaign (insanity). They are still grenades though.
I love them. Lift grenades clear hallways and corners like big business. Because my glass cannon asari vanguard doesn't really handle groups too well, it feels like a solid alternative to stasis - for weaker mobs at least.

But I can't tell if its only because I haven't ventured beyond silver yet.

Mindlog

Do I have to play multiplayer during the challenge to get the Victory Pack unlock?
No – if the community kills 1 Million brutes within the challenge period, ALL players will receive the Victory Pack. However, your contribution to the kill count would be greatly appreciated!
Freeloaders -_-

I quickshot widowed a Banshee in the head just as it was about to finish its OHKO animation on a teammate. Banshee dead and teammate not bleed out. That deserves a medal.

Nori Chan

Freeloaders -_-

I quickshot widowed a Banshee in the head just as it was about to finish its OHKO animation on a teammate. Banshee dead and teammate not bleed out. That deserves a medal.

But they won't get any use of it if they don't play multiplayer lol

TheExodu5

Banned
So if I beat Reapers on Silver right now I'll get an N7 weapon? Just once? Or can I repeat it?

edit: oh, just once. Bleh. Hopefully I can get the sniper.

X-Frame

So if I beat Reapers on Silver right now I'll get an N7 weapon? Just once? Or can I repeat it?

Just once.

But if you keep playing against Reapers and killing Brutes and 1 million die within the next 48 hours we all get a Victory Pack. Though the contents of that haven't been disclosed I think.

Lima

So is there a way to check if you have completed the challenge for the N7 pack? I just completed two games vs the reapers on silver and extracted in both games but never got the pack. Is is supposed to unlock at a later date?

LosDaddie

Banned
XBL-GAF: Let's do this!

I'm about to hop on XBL for a good 2hrs of MP goodness. Going to play straight Silver matches. Send me a message on XBL if you want to join. GT: LosDaddie

Cheech

Ugh, just got to a high wave on silver with a good bunch and was disconnected.

This happened to me earlier in the day. I was about ready to beat my first silver match. Round 10, boom, disconnect. I was apoplectic. BTW, 360 battery packs snap right out of those controllers when they hit the floor, look out!

LETS DO IT MANG

jh7sg.jpg

Achtius

PSA for those who are on the PS3:

This challenge is only available on Xbox 360 and PC. Unfortunately, due to technical limitations, we are unable to extend this program to the PlayStation 3 platform.

T_T

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh hey, the challenges come up as a splash screen in the multiplayer menu like Reach. Good stuff.

Getting on now, added ME3 GAF Tag, hopefully it accepts soon. My GT: arvinater if anyone wants to carry my ass.

Serious

Man, this game sometimes...got DCed almost a minute into the extraction wave in a silver Reaper game I was carrying. I already (should) have my Reaper credit, but still, if you get DCed you really ought to get the Credits you've earned. I understand it's a deterrent to prevent people from just ditching, but come on, why would anyone ditch on the extraction wave?

On another note, Drell Adepts are insanely fun, and damn effective against Reapers, at least on silver. Pull -> Reave takes care of the Cannibal/Husks mobs, Reave -> Cluster Grenades tears apart Ravagers, and Cluster Grenades are just awesome in general. The Reave audio bug needs to get fixed soon, but I'm starting to get used to it. Just, the way the abilities flow, the way the Drell move/dodge/melee...it's just so fun to play.

I got another Turian Sentinel and have now unlocked even their skin tone. I was expecting neat fact paint variants, but nope it really is just an extremely subtle skin color change.

Magik

Man, this game sometimes...got DCed almost a minute into the extraction wave in a silver Reaper game I was carrying. I already (should) have my Reaper credit, but still, if you get DCed you really ought to get the Credits you've earned. I understand it's a deterrent to prevent people from just ditching, but come on, why would anyone ditch on the extraction wave?

At least you simply disconnected from the game rather than having your whole system (PS3) lock up.

Omzz

Been trying to get the Geth Shotgun from the veteran packs

no luck yet :(. Is it even possible to get it with that pack?

Ken

Oh hey, the challenges come up as a splash screen in the multiplayer menu like Reach. Good stuff.

Getting on now, added ME3 GAF Tag, hopefully it accepts soon. My GT: arvinater if anyone wants to carry my ass.
Oh hey, I remember you from UMvC. You ran that Ryu, Iron Fist, gold Iron Man team right?

Anyways I'll hop on in 30 minutes to an hour for the challenge.

Rokam

Oh that's the drell causing that noise? I think I'm used to it because it's the same stupid noise you get all the time in ME2 as an adept.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hot damn, today has been excellent for unlocks!

First Spectre Pack today: N7 Sabre (Assault Rifle)
Second Specre Pack: The Widow - YES.
Third Spectre Pack, the one I just bought a minute ago: The Graal Spike Thrower that everyone's been talking about - hell yeah.

I was gonna go to bed, but now I have to try it out to see what the fuzz is about first.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Thank goodness, just managed a silver Reaper round on Firebase Dagger. Good team too, even if we were all downed a few times and I had to whip out the missile launcher on the target enemy round.

X-Frame

Hot damn, today has been excellent for unlocks!

First Spectre Pack today: N7 Sabre (Assault Rifle)
Second Specre Pack: The Widow - YES.
Third Spectre Pack, the one I just bought a minute ago: The Graal Spike Thrower that everyone's been talking about - hell yeah.

I was gonna go to bed, but now I have to try it out to see what the fuzz is about first.

WTF you just got the 3 DAMN WEAPONS I have been waiting to get since I bought the game.

I keep getting uncommon character unlocks and dumb amps.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I got a Falcon in my Spectre pack, it's alright, but I still think 3 veteran packs>
Falcon is pretty awesome once you get used to its quirks. The nice thing about it is that it allows even a freshly promoted level 1 character to dish out serious damage. You just need to learn the spawnpoints on each map so you can catch them clustered together.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The Graal is pretty nice, you can charge it to shoot at pretty long range, great for one-shotting the foot soldiers, not too shabby.

WTF you just got the 3 DAMN WEAPONS I have been waiting to get since I bought the game.

I keep getting uncommon character unlocks and dumb amps.

I'll bet you have a Krogan, which is probably my number one want in the game ever since the fun I had with a Krogan Soldier + Widow + Claymore, if that makes you feel any better...

X-Frame

The Graal is pretty nice, you can charge it to shoot at pretty long range, great for one-shotting the foot soldiers, not too shabby.

I'll bet you have a Krogan, which is probably my number one want in the game ever since the fun I had with a Krogan Soldier + Widow + Claymore, if that makes you feel any better...

Yeah, I have both Krogans.

Okay, we're good. Lol.

Dave_6

Got up to a 32 on the 360 in a little over two hours. Gonna try to hit 50 before I go to bed so I will be caught up to where I am on the PS3 lol. I'm missing the Carnifex though. :(

Ken

After using the Javelin a bit today, I'm starting to like it more than the Black Widow.

One powerful shot seems a lot more effective at bringing down Brute and Banshee armor than three weaker shots. I'm guessing it's because the latter will have damage reduction due to armor 3 times whereas the Javelin's shot is reduced just once.

Any silver challenge lobbies still going? :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
The falcon is useless on everybody except Soldiers where it can benefit from adrenaline rush and slap an cyro mod on it and you will wreck enemies.

Useless? you're crazy. It is a near perfect fit for a chain overload class as well since your targets will be unshielded. ;)

After using the Javelin a bit today, I'm starting to like it more than the Black Widow.

One powerful shot seems a lot more effective at bringing down Brute and Banshee armor than three weaker shots. I'm guessing it's because the latter will have damage reduction due to armor 3 times whereas the Javelin's shot is reduced just once.

Each gun has different modifier on how effective they are against shields, armor, and barriers. I suspect the Black Widow has a more even spread of 1.25 among the three type while the Javelin is probably a 1.75 modifier for armor and .75 for the other two types.

Ken

Each gun has different modifier on how effective they are against shields, armor, and barriers. I suspect the Black Widow has a more even spread of 1.25 among the three type while the Javelin is probably a 1.75 modifier for armor and .75 for the other two types.

You're probably right. There's a spreadsheet floating around with all the numbers, isn't there?

Top Bottom