• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

GorillaJu

Anyone on PSN right now around the west coast want to run some silvers? I'll gladly be Stasis bitch. Been having poor luck with teammates tonight

my PSN is wild_whiskey

OMG I got a Drell Adept

Edit : OMG level carries over the same class ? I had a lvl 20 human adept so I can just power up to the max my new Drell. Biotic Grenades looks rad

USIGSJ

I wouldn't mind a pack that cost something equally ridiculous that gave up a bunch of rares. I've bought something like 30-40 Spectre packs and I'm still missing a ton of basic shit. Asari Adept continues to elude me...

Some special packs to ease the pain would be nice

50,000 credits - Respec Pack: Includes two respec cards and three common cards

100,000 credits - Character Pack: Includes two rare characters and three uncommon characters

150,000 credits - Super Weapon Pack: Includes a super rare weapon and four rare weapons

200,000 credits - Enhancement Pack: Includes one of each capacity upgrade and a respec card

Same here, my first unlock in the demo with a Veteran pack was Asari Adept, and now after more than 30 Spectre packs I can't get it and not one Krogan.

So, single player I am all about the Infiltrator. But lately in MP I've been enjoying Quarian engineer. Do any of you have suggestions on a build? I've seen a few builds and am leaning towards:

Max Turret: Shock, Cryo, Flame
Max Incinerate: Damage, Recharge, Freeze
Max Cryo: Duration, Recharge, Damage Boot.

What do you all suggest?

Gamertag: GrandHarrier feel free to add me.

Fellow Gaffers, if someone quits out of a multiplayer game, are the enemy AI automatically scaled to 3 people (less enemies)? Or do the 3 people have to bear the brunt of a 4 man game until (if) someone joins 5 waves later?

Abylim

Add me on PSN : Abylim. Consistently number 1 on silver and gold, running Engineer, Sentinel or Vanguard. Looking to do more gold, or silvers. I have a headset. But dont worry if you hear yelling or insanity, I live in a crazy ass house, and my mic has no mute button.

GorillaJu

Genji, post or msg when you're done with whatever youre doin and ready for a new one. Me and a guy just 2-manned a silver so we can get together and run through some easy im sure.

Ikkarus

Genji, post or msg when you're done with whatever youre doin and ready for a new one. Me and a guy just 2-manned a silver so we can get together and run through some easy im sure.

Feel free to add me as well if you want. I have a Asari Adept and Quarian / Salarian ready for some silver or gold games.

PSN = Ikkarus

Troll

Banned
How much have you spend on booster packs in actual money? I had four dollars on my account that I fed into some specter packs when I first started and have been able to fight the urge since. Some of my friends are not as lucky, spending as much as 50.00 on packs so far.....

X-Frame

Ok not even exaggerating, I got insta-killed by a Banshee when I was 10 feet away. I SLID across the floor into her arms magically.

Lag?

Lima

How much have you spend on booster packs in actual money? I had four dollars on my account that I fed into some specter packs when I first started and have been able to fight the urge since. Some of my friends are not as lucky, spending as much as 50.00 on packs so far.....

Spent about 25$. Most of it at the start to get some characters and weapons unlocked. I feel dirty every time I buy a pack with real money though. Feeding the devil. But goddamn it is so addicting.

GorillaJu

Spent about 25$. Most of it at the start to get some characters and weapons unlocked. I feel dirty every time I buy a pack with real money though. Feeding the devil. But goddamn it is so addicting.

I was like that with a certain other online game. But I cant stand giving EA money, so I won't do it for ME3.

sophora

I can see myself sinking in some extra points if I have some left over for packs...good thing I used the 200 points or so that I had.

Croc

Banned
Fellow Gaffers, if someone quits out of a multiplayer game, are the enemy AI automatically scaled to 3 people (less enemies)? Or do the 3 people have to bear the brunt of a 4 man game until (if) someone joins 5 waves later?

I'm pretty sure that the game doesn't scale at all, unless they changed it from the demo. So if you start with 3 people, it's the same as starting with 4 and 1 dropping out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There's so many Thane-wannabe Drells online. They're always the first to die, and consistently die every round after, because they think they're badass biotic melee assassins. Only they're not. They're shit.

Also, what the hell is up with people not completing objectives? Do people not understand that if you don't complete the objective, the round fails?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Enemies stay the same since they said from the demo that whether it's 1 or 4 people, you will always fight the same amount of enemies, but luckily things like hacking objectives and the final extraction scale properly to be done fast as long as everyone who remains is in/full extraction bonus.

Ok not even exaggerating, I got insta-killed by a Banshee when I was 10 feet away. I SLID across the floor into her arms magically.

Lag?

Had that happen to me once last week as a Vanguard when I actually was just trying to get past her instead of fighting her to revive somebody - charged her, ran off, was a good ten feet or so away, then was magically sliding back into her arms and got finished off. Was pissed off as you could expect.

Never happened again so I'm positive that it was a lag issue.

There's so many Thane-wannabe Drells online. They're always the first to die, and consistently die every round after, because they think they're badass biotic melee assassins. Only they're not. They're shit.

Also, what the hell is up with people not completing objectives? Do people not understand that if you don't complete the objective, the round fails?

Also annoying - I died trying to revive someone, he still died anyways, along with another guy, and the one guy left is running around killing other enemies with the LAST objective kill on the other side of the map - joke is that his N7 level was 449 - how do you get that high and not know it's game over if you don't go for the objective?

GorillaJu

Good games odd_morsel. 3 man silver game went rather well for the last game.

Yeah, an Asari with a good Infiltrator or two makes those Cerberus silvers pretty easy. I still get destroyed by the god damn phantoms though.

tumblr_lvfrlwgooe1qztngv1d.gif

GorillaJu

Thankfully I haven't run into either of these things. Completing objectives fast is the thing I worry about most, because that's where bonus credits come from.

Anyone want to run some Silvers/Golds on PC? I'll do golds if everyone is comfortable with it; my only 20 is an Engineer with chain overload x2.

Shoot me a friend request @ Perf3ct_Cha0s.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a counter for the Brute challenge somewhere?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is there a counter for the Brute challenge somewhere?

I don't think so. I think it's a case where they can get away with giving it to everyone anyways. Though honestly I don't think 1 million brutes will be that hard to do.

Achtius

I find the invite system for MP is pretty bad on the PS3.

The invitation doesn't expired even tho the guy started a game
The game also don't tell you the person you are inviting is in a game or not.

So every time someone invite me when i am in a game, they dont' know i am playing and when i finish and accept it, they started theirs

X-Frame

Having just 2 biotics that can perform biotic explosions makes Reapers Silver not difficult at all.

I've been doing very well as an Asari Adept and Human Sentinel. Nothing stands a chance.

In fact, the marauders are the most annoying since they randomly have shields.

Ken

In fact, the marauders are the most annoying since they randomly have shields.

Aren't Marauders created from Turians? I haven't played through the campaign yet but I'd imagine the Reaper parasite or whatever could just hijack the Turian and not damage his armor/shield generator.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Aren't Marauders created from Turians? I haven't played through the campaign yet but I'd imagine the Reaper parasite or whatever could just hijack the Turian and not damage his armor/shield generator.

Yes they are.

They have shields so you can't cheese your way 100% through a specific enemy type with a hard counter setup, even though good counters still exist.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Goddamn I fucking hate Banshees. Every silver match I've tried always fails because of banshees. Brutes are a manageable problem, especially now that I've upgraded my sticky grenades to do extra damage against armour. Two grenades, which I always have, and they're dead.

Banshees, on the other hand? Nobody seems to know what the fuck to do with them.

X-Frame

Goddamn I fucking hate Banshees. Every silver match I've tried always fails because of banshees. Brutes are a manageable problem, especially now that I've upgraded my sticky grenades to do extra damage against armour. Two grenades, which I always have, and they're dead.

Banshees, on the other hand? Nobody seems to know what the fuck to do with them.

Biotic Explosions bring them down fast.

Achtius

As a level 20 Engineer, do I want to max fitness or incinerate?

I don't find incinerate too useful since I just spam overload every chance I get and spam my heavy pistol between cooldown.

Engineer and Adept rape them. Energy Drain/Overload + Biotic Explosion = /gg

Ken

As a Human Infiltrator, all I can really do against Banshees is snipe them. Takes a ton of ammo especially if you don't have teammates with powers to bring down the barriers, but it's doable I guess. An advantage of sniping is that you should always be far enough away to not get grabbed too. I use a Black Widow though so I'd imagine it might take longer with a lower damage rifle.

If I'm alone, I'll just run away from the Banshee and pick off the other barrier-less Reapers. Banshees move so slowly that, if they're the last enemy, you can easily kite them.

exYle

I got the Drell Adept yesterday (and Asari Adept the day before) and I'm just loving them. I had enough practice with the Asari Adept, so the Drell Adept was new to me. I followed the guide to leveling him that someone posted here, and it seems to work really well for me. Pull + Reave is an awesome biotic combo.

The thing is, I was playing on bronze, and even then, I felt a little squishy. Unshielded enemies were no problem for me, but what should I do for shielded/armoured opponent? Someone said reave + grenade, but cluster grenades are so damn finicky when I toss them.

Regardless, I like the Drell Adept much more than the Drell Vanguard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Banshees are the reason why I think Bronze/Silver is the dividing line between Teamwork is extra/Teamwork is required. Pretty stark difference IMO.

Dave_6

Powered up chain overload works pretty well against Banshees. Helps to have squadmates that are attacking them at the same time too.

Mindlog

Guilty. Lately I have been trying to melee big enemies (Atlas, Brute, Prime) to death with my Drell Adept. I haven't been killed yet.

I've been using adrenaline rush III amps on a Drell Adept. Fun little crackling.

I'm still saying it. On silver/gold if at least one other person figures out cooperative warp bombs the map starts to clear itself. Played a map with a Vanguard that figured out if it stayed near me I would warp/stasis everything before it charged. We got to the point where the Vanguard could reliably charge banshees. The Vanguard got picked up for a hug once, but the banshee died before finishing him off.

The thing is, I was playing on bronze, and even then, I felt a little squishy. Unshielded enemies were no problem for me, but what should I do for shielded/armoured opponent? Someone said reave + grenade, but cluster grenades are so damn finicky when I toss them.

Regardless, I like the Drell Adept much more than the Drell Vanguard.
I know they are effective, but I don't have lift grenades with my Drell Adept. I don't have grenades on any of my characters. I put those extra points into the passives to carry bigger guns and be slightly less squishy. I play on silver/gold more than I do bronze so every extra bit helps me.

An Asari Adept or Human Sentinel can easily solo a banshee as long as the rest of the team stays out of the way. I'm using a level 6 or 7 Phalanx most of the time. I have a level 2 Carnifax, but it is too heavy at the moment.

Top Bottom