• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

this guy

How rare is it to unlock light/skin tone options for any of the characters? I haven't unlocked a single one in all my time with the game and the demo. I really want to!

Ken

How rare is it to unlock light/skin tone options for any of the characters? I haven't unlocked a single one in all my time with the game and the demo. I really want to!

You need to pull the same character a bunch of times to get that option.

So every time you pull a Turian Sentinel, you get one extra customization option.

X-Frame

I just spammed the Recruit Packs today so that I could level up the common starting weapons to X.

Now those will not show up in any other packs, correct? Are there any other mods that I are also Common that buying the Recruit packs further will level up?

Just wondering if I should now move onto Veteran Packs or Spectre Packs exclusively.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well I forgot Level 20 is the max, and I played a couple rounds with my lvl 20 vanguard before I realized I wasn't ranking up anymore. :lol

So what's a fun class to try out next? I want a class with biotic powers...and probably a class where using the assault rifle is optimal. I was thinking an Infiltrator or Sentinel. Are they fun classes? I do have the Salarian Infiltrator unlocked.

I just spammed the Recruit Packs today so that I could level up the common starting weapons to X.

Now those will not show up in any other packs, correct? Are there any other mods that I are also Common that buying the Recruit packs further will level up?

Just wondering if I should now move onto Veteran Packs or Spectre Packs exclusively.

These are all the common items you can get from the recruit packs and yes, once you get a weapon to X, they won't show up anymore, but the game will go back into the pool of common items and find another. Also, weapon mods go to 5 not X

- M-3 Predator
- M-23 Katana
- M-4 Shuriken
- M-92 Mantis
- M-8 Avenger
- SMG Scope
- SMG Magazine Upgrade
- SMG Heatsink
- Pistol Scope
- Pistol Magazine Upgrade
- Pistol High-Caliber Barrel
- Assault Rifle Percision Scope
- Assault Rifle Magazine Upgrade
- Assault Rifle Stability Damper
- Sniper Rifle Spare Thermal Clip
- Shotgun Smart Choke
- Shotgun High Caliber Barrel
- Shotgun Blade Attachment
- Human Characters

No, I just turned it off when I installed. I think it is automatically on. Extras, options, online to access it.

Must be on to get the commendation pack credit.

All of you dudes having trouble with Banshees do know that one shot from the missile launcher will kill them right?

And from the looks of it, everyone gets a missile launcher. So if eveyone in your group has 3 missiles, that's 12 large enemies that can be taken down in one hit.

Utilize your missiles well.

All of you dudes having trouble with Banshees do know that one shot from the missile launcher will kill them right?

And from the looks of it, everyone gets a missile launcher. So if eveyone in your group has 3 missiles, that's 12 large enemies that can be taken down in one hit.

In Silver and Gold especially there are more big enemies than your group has launchers (and 2 is the default for folks without the upgrade, not 3).

this guy

What I've noticed is that most people I play with either don't have any missiles on them, don't want to use them, or wastes them way too early.

I mean, Cobra Missiles are essentially get out of jail free cards. And yet so many people don't take advantage. Yesterday when I beat the reapers on silver I was the only guy who used missiles the entire game. Even during extraction, Banshees surrounding us, not one single missile fired. We barely made it out alive. Your shitty assault rifles can only do so much people!

Ken

On the other hand, I hate bringing down a Banshee to its last few bars of armor by myself and then have a friendly waste a missile on it.

this guy

On the other hand, I hate bringing down a Banshee to its last few bars of armor by myself and then have a friendly waste a missile on it.
Not quite as bad as firing a missile and having it miss its target. I'm ashamed to say this has happened to me.

Mindlog

Got a chance to test full biotics. 2 Drell and 2 Asari adepts. The group's line-of-sight was a wall of explosions. Enjoying it before it gets the nerf bat.
Drell - Reave has no travel time.
Adept/Sentinel - Throw has negligible cooldown.

Ran into a bug where a grab registers, but fails. The enemy becomes invincible. I also ran into the solution. Get it to follow you over cover and it will die.

I have killed enough Brutes. The rest of you better get it over 1m.

*The maintenance yesterday supposedly fixed the store problem.
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/10082895/1

Cheech

My pet peeve with this game is how often you go into a lobby, and people are just sitting there and doing NOTHING. I give them 45 seconds or so before bailing.

What in the hell are people doing? Level and equip your shit BEFORE joining a game. FFS.

Ken

My pet peeve with this game is how often you go into a lobby, and people are just sitting there and doing NOTHING. I give them 45 seconds or so before bailing.

What in the hell are people doing? Level and equip your shit BEFORE joining a game. FFS.
Vote to kick them and usually the other people will too. Most of the time it gets them to ready up.

Dreamer RD

It's hilarous and frustrating when level 1 players joining Gold session and they are "ready". Cannon fodder.

RS4-

Not quite as bad as firing a missile and having it miss its target. I'm ashamed to say this has happened to me.

Or hitting your team mate :(

I've had SILVER rounds that have 5 or 6 banshees at the same time, I remember wasting two rockets in one round just to hit a pair of banshees with each.

Banshees + ravagers + brutes :|

Ephemeris

http://me3multiplayer.wordpress.com/

But no BF3 builds. The human soldier grenade build on that list is pretty damn godly though.

thanks!

Last night. Silver. Extraction Round.

two banshees. next to each other.

II

Fired rocket, hoping for success. Banshees do this:

I _ _ _ _ I

missile flies right through and kills 2 marauders in the background. FML.

Achtius

Argh, died at wave 9 in a gold game.

2 quarian inflitrator
1 human engineer
1 human adept (would probably better with asari adept with statis)

I keep getting garbage weapon amps from the boxes, I want AMMO >=(

Cheech

It's hilarous and frustrating when level 1 players joining Gold session and they are "ready". Cannon fodder.

Oh yeah. There are some groups you know are just doomed from the start; I'm to the point where I know if I'm going to waste any Medi Gel or revives pretty much before Wave 1 starts.

The annoying thing is how many low N7 rated people are taking a crack at Silver Reapers because of the promotion. I've had some insanely difficult games this weekend due to this.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
They really need to do something to make soldiers useful, it's kind of crazy at the moment, without fail they are bottom of the score sheets in every group I've seen.

It's already the dullest class to play you'd think at least they'd make it useful.

Achtius

They really need to do something to make soldiers useful, it's kind of crazy at the moment, without fail they are bottom of the score sheets in every group I've seen.

It's already the dullest class to play you'd think at least they'd make it useful.

sentinel are usually at the bottom in the games i played.

highest is usually infiltrator

Thanks to the spreadsheet, hoping to get every single Common item and then soon the others. My assumption is that if I do get every common, I would only receive a combination of a uncommon or ammo when purchasing a recruit pack. Crossing my fingers that this will plan out nicely.

Only 55 more common items to go...

milkham

sentinel are usually at the bottom in the games i played.

highest is usually infiltrator

What are the tactics? I've been mucking around with infiltrators and basically hanging around with the widow and picking enemies off or running like hell. I'm usually at the bottom.

Ken

is there a reason why you name your character when the name doesn't even show up in MP? or is it for the promote thing for the sp?

I hope not. I don't want to play the campaign and run into the elite N7 squad of n, Bob, ,,. asdf, and derp.

http://me3multiplayer.wordpress.com/category/multiplayer-builds/engineer/human-engineer/

Can someone clarify what the numbers in the power evolutions mean? What's with the 1,2,3 but then 4,5,6 or 4,5?

Every power is the same from rank 1 to 3. At rank 4, 5, and 6, you can choose one of two trees to develop the skill in.

X-Frame

Thanks to the spreadsheet, hoping to get every single Common item and then soon the others. My assumption is that if I do get every common, I would only receive a combination of a uncommon or ammo when purchasing a recruit pack. Crossing my fingers that this will plan out nicely.

Only 55 more common items to go...

I came to the same conclusion.

The only problem is that you still receive human characters even after fully maximizing their customization options -- which is a waste. But theoretically, if you max out commons and they don't show up anymore in packs then recruit packs will yield a lot more uncommon and rare items.

Ken

I'll assume it's the skill points needed?

No, it's how the skills branch.

Example:

I have a made up power called Derp.

Ranks 1, 2, and 3 of the power is called Derp 1, Derp 2, and Derp 3 respectively. Everyone who levels up Derp to rank 3 will have the same Derp build of Derp 1, Derp 2, and Derp 3. As a result, there's no need to list the 1-3 ranks.

Starting at rank 4, I can level Derp up into Damage or Recharge Speed, but not both. So if I were to notate it like it is in the site, it would be written as Derp: Damage (4) if I went for Damage at rank 4. The same is true of ranks 5 and 6.

It becomes obvious if you can find a picture of the power evolution tree or something.

LosDaddie

Banned
Well I forgot Level 20 is the max, and I played a couple rounds with my lvl 20 vanguard before I realized I wasn't ranking up anymore. :lol

So what's a fun class to try out next? I want a class with biotic powers...and probably a class where using the assault rifle is optimal. I was thinking an Infiltrator or Sentinel. Are they fun classes? I do have the Salarian Infiltrator unlocked.

Anybody?

Carbonox

Now I understand the numbers in that page. I know how the skill tree works but I didn't quite make sense of how the person wrote the optimal skills and their numbers. Especially when they ignore the Combat Drone's 4th, 5th and 6th skills (though I guess that's because that's not important for the build) and the Alliance Training skill tree only going up to 5 (probably for the same reason).

Ken

Now I understand the numbers in that page. I know how the skill tree works but I didn't quite make sense of how the person wrote the optimal skills and their numbers. Especially when they ignore the Combat Drone's 4th, 5th and 6th skills (though I guess that's because that's not important for the build) and the Alliance Training skill tree only going up to 5 (probably for the same reason).

That means they didn't take Combat Drone past 3.

At most, you can max out 4 powers with no other points leftover.

Erm, Turian Sentinels? Tech bursts aren't as reliable as biotic explosions (anecdotal) which would give you a reason to bring an Assault Rife rather than a lighter SMG.

Achtius

What are the tactics? I've been mucking around with infiltrators and basically hanging around with the widow and picking enemies off or running like hell. I'm usually at the bottom.

When in gold, they are the one who actually does any decent damage..lol

All I do is spam overload, my best heavy pistol is M3 Predator VI>_>

Sentinel isn't that good, and infiltrator is better off as snipers

Play Asari Adept with Heavy pistol

Switching between my Quarian Engineer and Asari Adept for gold runs. Stasis bubble is such amazing CC.

For this brute thing, do we have to kill numerous brutes as a group(assists), or alone(as in you get kill credit).

Made my Sentinel into a Falcon/Claymore wielding Glacier. Hard to top score as a Sentinel. Also, Krogan Soldiers destroy Banshees.

man, i just got the game and want to get into multiplayer but i have NO idea what the hell you're all talking about. i'm intimidated by this whole thing, leveling and customizing seems very complex..

gimme some tips, what i should do and perhaps more impotantly what i SHOULDN'T do when i start the multiplayer. i don't want to be an ass who ruins other people's sessions by doing stupid shit, heh.

and what are these packs people talk about?

Ken

man, i just got the game and want to get into multiplayer but i have NO idea what the hell you're all talking about. i'm intimidated by this whole thing, leveling and customizing seems very complex..

gimme some tips, what i should do and perhaps more impotantly what i SHOULDN'T do when i start the multiplayer. i don't want to be an ass who ruins other people's sessions by doing stupid shit, heh.

1)Press quick match, scroll to the bottom where it says difficulty: Any, and change it to Bronze.
2)Level up your powers and mess with your weapons before entering quick match so you can ready up ASAP.
3)Don't stress over making the perfect build; at level 20 you get what is essentially a free respec for your entire class.
4)Go for objectives. If it tells you to stand in a circle to "upload data," it's best to go into that circle to contribute rather than wander around shooting stragglers.

Achtius

When you select quick game, go to the bottom and change difficulty from any to bronze.

Engineer/adept is probably easiest to play. Packs are just unlock items for you to use.

edit: BEATEN :(

Fuck. The silver match that didn't count was cake, but my teams keep getting fucked up on like round 7 or 8 now.

Oh, and I completed a round of Geth where the leader Surprise! switched the enemies on me while I was in th elobby.

phphcmy9xpm.jpg

Drell Adept=top tier

I haven't placed any lower than first in score ever since I started using the Drell, and I'm capable of carrying teams when need be. As long as you play the class right ( don't underestimate cluster grenades!) you'll do great.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm thinking Firebase Dagger might be the best map for beating the Reapers on Silver. I'll have to try it when I get home, but from my last few games with out species I'm thinking it will be. It's pretty large, has a lot of bottlenecks for the enemy, and very open. Against a primarily melee class that should be a huge advantage.

Top Bottom