• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

VaLiancY

I unlocked that super rare Cerberus pistol-shotty thing from a Spectre pack. I hate it.

I thought it would be the shit with my Drell Adept but I was wrong. I'll go back to using the Predator as a wimpsy back up and Reaving.

Ken

I unlocked that super rare Cerberus pistol-shotty thing from a Spectre pack. I hate it.

I thought it would be the shit with my Drell Adept but I was wrong. I'll go back to using the Predator as a wimpsy back up and Reaving.

Yeah, its weight and lack of punch is disappointing. I might as well bring a real shotgun with me.

X-Frame

phphcmy9xpm.jpg

Drell Adept=top tier

I haven't placed any lower than first in score ever since I started using the Drell, and I'm capable of carrying teams when need be. As long as you play the class right ( don't underestimate cluster grenades!) you'll do great.

Don't you have a PVR? Record some matches.

Red name means they didn't make the extraction.

Ahhh, I did not know that, thanks. Yeah, my team decided to bunch up at the extraction point, so I had no choice but to head over their and dig in the trenches with them, and he was just charging everywhere, made it even harder to keep everyone alive.

Don't you have a PVR? Record some matches.

I do, and I can't believe the thought of recording matches never crossed my mind -_- I'll try to record a couple of successful gold runs tommorrow.

clockpunk

I'm thinking Firebase Dagger might be the best map for beating the Reapers on Silver. I'll have to try it when I get home, but from my last few games with out species I'm thinking it will be. It's pretty large, has a lot of bottlenecks for the enemy, and very open. Against a primarily melee class that should be a huge advantage.

I concurr - especially for the final extraction. You can atnleastrun around the central pillar, avoiding all foes, screaming like a wee lass (until shields reign, at least! :p)

Jackl

Man, got all the aliens and my first "Black" weapon today. I can't believe the RNG is being friendly today.

Well thats the part about RNG some people don't want to admit.

Occasionally it's your best friend.

....then its back to 10 straight packs of garbage.

Nert

Just got my first Asari (Vanguard) not really sure what to do with it though.

Stasis (with the Bubble upgrade) is incredibly useful. I think that you can also get a biotic explosion to go off when you Biotic Charge into a group stuck in the bubble. I have a ton of fun with mine, tossing out Stasis constantly, going for headshots with a pistol, and sometimes charging in. I also bought the first three upgrades for Lift Grenades, as they're nice to have around. It's also worth noting that the Asari Vanguard's charged melee move has an AoE component, which works as a sort of ghetto Nova when you need one.

I'm pretty surprised by how addicted I am to this multiplayer, considering that I wasn't planning on touching it originally. Whoever decided to tie in multiplayer matches to the war readiness bar in single player is an evil genius, because it pushed me (and surely many others) to at least try it out.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Funny enough, I have like 4 respec tokens now. I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Works the same way as the basic items, maxing items in the pool makes whatever is left in the pool come up that much more often. Expect to get a lot more respecs as time goes by. I'm getting them frequently now.

Could be they tweaked the drop rate as well.

X-Frame

3 games in a row with a Vanguard and 3 games in a row experiencing the biotic charge bug. Hopefully this makes it into the next patch because the class is unplayable now.

It's a shame since its so powerful.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Works the same way as the basic items, maxing items in the pool makes whatever is left in the pool come up that much more often. Expect to get a lot more respecs as time goes by. I'm getting them frequently now.

Could be they tweaked the drop rate as well.
Yeah, I noticed that after I spent 200k credits on the common pack, I'm finally getting more than one gold in the Spectre packs. I guess I should have just bit the bullet and done that earlier... and I probably should be grinding Veteran packs now, but I really don't want any of the silver weapons.

I wanna win on Gold :(
If you don't care about it being "too easy" and you have a Salarian Engineer, Asari Adept, or Quarian Infiltrator, do Firebase White with Geth. It's a relatively easy win on Gold, even with the Geth buff/Quarian debuff.

If you don't care about it being "too easy" and you have a Salarian Engineer, Asari Adept, or Quarian Infiltrator, do Firebase White with Geth. It's a relatively easy win on Gold, even with the Geth buff/Quarian debuff.

Cerberus on the Reactor level(I forgot the name) is also quite easy, Easy to pick away at Atlas' and open enough to see the Phantoms coming.

Again, how do you deal with a group that's rolling all grenade classes, especially on gold when they don't respawn as often?

I know ammo is shared between players, because I've been screwed by an empty ammo box a few times, so I imagine grenades are a s well?

Forgot to reply to this...

First off, IMO it's a bit rare if the *entire* group rolls with a grenade class, but even on Gold you can hit those boxes quicker (since the Drell has such high mobility).

And if you're still losing out on those grenades... hey, it just means it's a good time to rely on those seldom-used thermal packs you've been hoarding.

Cerberus on the Reactor level(I forgot the name) is also quite easy, Easy to pick away at Atlas' and open enough to see the Phantoms coming.

On the other hand, the reactor level has some bugged spawns that can cause problems. I've had several games vs Cerberus where the game has had to be abandoned because a mob glitched and got stuck halfway down, where they were completely invincible.

It's a very nasty bug that needs to be fixed actually. Similarly they need to fix some issues with mobs not being synced properly between the host & client so they appear to be in the wrong place.

Adept does seem to be the power class based on my experience. I obviously just suck with it, but I might play around some more so I can get the hang.

I really love my Quarian Inflitrator. I just love the playstyle of the cloak, pop out. I just wish I could find a Widow (of either kind, but preferably Black for the firing rate).

I also wish sabotage wasn't pretty much useless against anybody but Geth. Maybe I just leveled up wrong on 4-6?

What does Sabotage actually do on an Atlas, by the way? It seems to have some effect, but I can't tell exactly what.

On the other hand, the reactor level has some bugged spawns that can cause problems. I've had several games vs Cerberus where the game has had to be abandoned because a mob glitched and got stuck halfway down, where they were completely invincible.

It's a very nasty bug that needs to be fixed actually. Similarly they need to fix some issues with mobs not being synced properly between the host & client so they appear to be in the wrong place.

I had a game where one got stuck in a rafter. Good thing one of my squaddies found it, because I was about to peace out.

Enemies have more health/shields/armour, there are more enemies in each wave, enemies are of higher classes, and the higher class enemies appear in earlier waves.

I think there are a few gameplay differences as well such as damage not bleeding through shields on Gold, as well as stuff like mob speed, chances of being staggered, and so on.

Oh and you get more of those sweet credits too.

I had a game where one got stuck in a rafter. Good thing one of my squaddies found it, because I was about to peace out.

Thanks for the tip. Might not save the games where they become invincible but it might allow a few games to be salvaged.

Serious

So what's the difference between Bronze/Silver/Gold? Just higher armoured enemies?

You get much more enemies, the more dangerous enemies come earlier and more frequently, and they have more health/shields/whatever and deal more damage. Ammo crates restock on Grenades slower too. That mostly covers it I think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, I've got to try that sometime. What's the match-up against Cerberus? It's probably more an emphasis on being able to do high damage to armor at that point?

Forgot to reply to this...

First off, IMO it's a bit rare if the *entire* group rolls with a grenade class, but even on Gold you can hit those boxes quicker (since the Drell has such high mobility).

And if you're still losing out on those grenades... hey, it just means it's a good time to rely on those seldom-used thermal packs you've been hoarding.
I like hoarding those thermal packs though. lol

milkham

You get much more enemies, the more dangerous enemies come earlier and more frequently, and they have more health/shields/whatever and deal more damage. Ammo crates restock on Grenades slower too. That mostly covers it I think.

seriously, i just finished a round of silver reapers and I thought all four of us were doing our best to finish two brutes and random cannibals inside a room, i duck out to recharge shields and see two of my team were outside fighting two other brutes

firehawk12

Subete no aware
seriously, i just finished a round of silver reapers and I thought all four of us were doing our best to finish two brutes and random cannibals inside a room, i duck out to recharge shields and see two of my team were outside fighting two other brutes
You need to be able to take out one of those groups fast. I like playing with an engi with incinerate and a carniflex with the armor piercing mod. You can wreck a brute pretty quickly while other people are hopefully taking out the barriers on the banshies that always follow them around.

Cat Party

Maybe this has been asked and answered, but I completed a silver challenge against Reapers today, and it didn't give me anything special. Are we supposed to get our reward pack at the end of the weekend?

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Um, does joining games by invite on Origin never ever work for anyone else? I've only been able to play with randoms. Just constant "Joining game..." after picking a character. I just had a terrible random team who couldn't survive bronze. Fucking sucks.

Um, does joining games by invite on Origin never ever work for anyone else? I've only been able to play with randoms. Just constant "Joining game..." after picking a character. I just had a terrible random team who couldn't survive bronze. Fucking sucks.

Bwahahaha. I can pretty much solo Bronze with my Inflitrator. I'm still too scurred to try Gold. I played it once, and the bitches who were my teammates quit after they got killed in Wave 1. Pussies.

Kyoufu

So is Vanguard viable in Gold? I'm running double Nova which allows me to solo Bronze easily. Can I do well on Gold too?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is Vanguard viable in Gold? I'm running double Nova which allows me to solo Bronze easily. Can I do well on Gold too?
You'll probably want to be more conservative. With the lag and the higher damage, you won't be able to get the second nova out some times... which means you basically need to play the class as intended. It's also why Shockwave becomes a useful skill for crowd control I suppose.

Kyoufu

You'll probably want to be more conservative. With the lag and the higher damage, you won't be able to get the second nova out some times... which means you basically need to play the class as intended. It's also why Shockwave becomes a useful skill for crowd control I suppose.

ughugh but I like rolling my face on my controller
LLShC.gif

Carbonox

I started using an Engineer build merely to get the Overload trophy (as I don't use an Overload-using class in the single player mode) and ended up 3 to 4 hours later loving the shit out of this class.

It's so addicting and I'm starting to rinse every match now. Overload is top fucking class. I'm invincible during most one-on-ones by simply doing Overload (enemy is stunned), then one hit melee, rinse and repeat. Overload stuns the enemy long enough for me to kill them, unless they're of the Brute/Ravager/Banshee and beyond variety.

Chocobro

Thanks to razgriz417's suggestion, spamming recruit packs (currently, they're giving my so many character cards when I only want weapon mods) to get rid of the common items really helped my odds in getting better stuff in the veteran and spectre pack! And the maxed out starter weapons are pretty good. The checklist posted a few pages back is also helpful, but it makes me kind of sad that the uncommon/rare half is pretty empty after marking off the stuff I have :<

My squad and I completed gold twice tonight! Cerebus on Firebase White (Asari Adept, Drell Adept, Salarian Engineer, Quarian Infiltrator) and Geth on Firebase Dagger (Human Engineer, 2 Salarian Engineer, Drell Adept). The former was pretty easy; we completed it consistently on the demo. The latter wasn't as hard as I thought it would be after the buff, but damn those GHs. We already knew how to work the spawns, more or less; but before the extraction wave on Firebase Dagger started, I told one person to go to extraction point, and rest to spread out in the central pillar place. This caused the Geth to spawn in this one corner and the extraction went smoothly :D Good tip Woo-Fu.

Still amusing to watch my cousin's Drell Adept kung-fu kick enemies lol.

Thanks to razgriz417's suggestion, spamming recruit packs (currently, they're giving my so many character cards when I only want weapon mods) to get rid of the common items really helped my odds in getting better stuff in the veteran and spectre pack! And the maxed out starter weapons are pretty good. The checklist posted a few pages back is also helpful, but it makes me kind of sad that the uncommon/rare half is pretty empty after marking off the stuff I have :<

My squad and I completed gold twice tonight! Cerebus on Firebase White (Asari Adept, Drell Adept, Salarian Engineer, Quarian Infiltrator) and Geth on Firebase Dagger (Human Engineer, 2 Salarian Engineer, Drell Adept). The former was pretty easy; we completed it consistently on the demo. The latter wasn't as hard as I thought it would be after the buff, but damn those GHs. We already knew how to work the spawns, more or less; but before the extraction wave on Firebase Dagger started, I told one person to go to extraction point, and rest to spread out in the central pillar place. This caused the Geth to spawn in this one corner and the extraction went smoothly :D Good tip Woo-Fu.

Still amusing to watch my cousin's Drell Adept kung-fu kick enemies lol.

Does this actually work? As in, you won't just get more missiles and stuff. The substantive cards have the same chance to appear as the bullshit ones?

Does this actually work? As in, you won't just get more missiles and stuff. The substantive cards have the same chance to appear as the bullshit ones?

This works for maxing out weapons and mods, missiles and such will still drop regardless (you'll get a better chance of getting usuable items after this actually)

Top Bottom