• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

So does the Drell Adept need to get the powers up to level 6 before it gets to god-tier status? Right now the biotic explosions don't seem super powerful, but I haven't leveled them all up yet.

Easiest way to farm credits is to just spam Bronze right? These Spectre packs are giving me anything good. :(

Depends on the skill of the people you're playing with (and your own, of course).

Higher difficulties will offer more credits for the time investment, but there's a higher chance of your group sucking and dying, leading to less credits for your time.

Personally, I opt for silver with randoms. 30K in 20 minutes or so isn't too shabby, and if I back out when I see shitty levels/gear, I have a reasonable success rate.

Achtius

Just won 3 games in gold in a row, only because of two players that are really good (and probably knows each other).

DSC_0197.jpg

Speaking of which, what is a good build for salarian engineer?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just started playing multiplayer(on top of a 2nd campaign run as Paragon). Got a lvl 10 Adept but that's about it right now.

My username the same as GAF : Bisnic

Achtius

Why on earth do level 1 players start on Gold?

cuz bioware is stupid enough to leave difficult on ANY as default.

on another note, the whole team just kick a person out from the game because he was sooo annoying.

"OMG YOU LET ME DIE" (Uhhh...how were we suppose to not let you die when you are taking damage?)
"OMG YOU DID NOT REVIVE" (He was a by himself in the middle of nowhere)
"OMG USE YOU ROCKET" (uhhh...there is two prime left and we did not had any trouble taking him out)
"OMG STOP TAKING THE AMMO YOU KNOW THERE IS ANOTHER BOX" (wtf? you do know they respawn right )

Is there some kind of GAF community tag that I can add? I'm sick of playing in pubs with shitty players and I'm interested in kicking some ass on silver and above.

Also, add "Im So Pringlezz" on Xbox live. Send me a friend request with your GAF name in it too.

Cat Party

Is there some kind of GAF community tag that I can add? I'm sick of playing in pubs with shitty players and I'm interested in kicking some ass on silver and above.

Also, add "Im So Pringlezz" on Xbox live. Send me a friend request with your GAF name in it too.

GAFME3 is the tag for XBL

Mindlog

*You Defeated*

Finally unlocked the Falcon. It's just a fun goofy weapon for my Krogan Sentinel to use when he doesn't want to get locked into being overpowered with a GPR.

Silver Geth on Glacier is ridiculously easy with Krogans and Turians. ragggghhhhh.

Croc

Banned
I've been trying for the life of me to get a silver match against the Reapers for the past hour (played 2 games in that time as well though). It's really annoying that people can change that game settings after you join what you're searching for. Both of those 2 games I started out in a silver match against the Reapers and ended up doing something else because the host changed it without me realizing it.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
How long do we have before the silver difficulty Reaper thingy ends? I'm pretty sure I finished a round but I'm paranoid that I won't get my pack on Tuesday. Would have been nice if we instantly got the weapon.

I just played a match as a Drell Vanguard. It was fucking awesome. I'm a bit worried that he is a glass cannon though, and I fear I will get fucked up on higher difficulties.

Also, I charged into a Banshee's open arms one time. It was pretty awesome.

Most fun I've had with the game, but I worry for the viability. Boosting fitness all the way, but still not sure about it.

Basically throw, charge, fire a few shots or roll around, Charge, Charge, run away.

Talking about playing with randoms. You can inspect their levels and their gear. The implication is that higher N7 level and better gear means you won't suck.

Edit: Best part was fucking with a solo ravager. It couldn't get a shot off. Charge, shoot, roll to the side, charge. Rinse and repeat. I loved it.

I read a strategy online that said the Drell is more of a single charge, run away, cover, throw charge again and then run. So I might just switch to a human vanguard for the more frenetic paced playstyle.

Sectus

In case people haven't noticed, the multiplayer mode follows a simple pattern when it comes to earning credits.

Wave 3, 6 and 10 are objective rounds (the objective is random) and upon completing the objective you'll earn credits. In gold, you'll usually have around 30k by completing wave 6, and 70k by completing wave 10. Note that if you die during wave 10 but you completed the objective, you'll still earn as many credits as is possible from the match.

Nori Chan

In case people haven't noticed, the multiplayer mode follows a simple pattern when it comes to earning credits.

Wave 3, 6 and 10 are objective rounds (the objective is random) and upon completing the objective you'll earn credits. In gold, you'll usually have around 30k by completing wave 6, and 70k by completing wave 10. Note that if you die during wave 10 but you completed the objective, you'll still earn as many credits as is possible from the match.

Lol I'm usually saying fuck it as long as e got the money

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Doing an Asari Vanguard right now. Not sure if I should put points in lift grenade. Hmm...

Lift grenades are a huge questionmark for me. With my first build, I went purely Charge and Lift Grenades. They do a LOT of damage if you want to go down that road. The biggest issue with Lift Grenades in general is that you can run out - and camping ammo boxes is a (buggy) luxury. Its awesome that you can throw them as you recharge and they ignore cover, but... you can't ever really rely on them.

HOWEVER

After I promoted, I decided to give Stasis Bubbles a try and to my bewilderment, Stasis Bubble + Lift Grenades creates biotic explosions too. Oh glorious day. So, say you got an Atlas stomping down on your position with a squad of Guardians marching with it - bubble them, lob a grenade, set off fireworks and boogie. The ammo is still an issue, but you get a lot more bang for the buck.

The lift effect of those grenades is pretty unreliable and needless though. You want the grenades for damage output.

Still... Stasis is pretty much invaluable as a whole. Any character that has that skill should invest in Bubble as soon as possible.

X-Frame

2 Human Sentinels, a Drell Adept, and an Asari Adept. Reapers were pussy-cats with a team like that one.

Biotic fireworks. Brutes and Banshee's falling in 15 seconds max. It makes me still feel powerful despite me having crappy luck with weapons -- I can always turn to biotics.

I got a Asari Vanguard in a drop. Used a build I found on a site I saw here, with biotic charge, stasis and heavy pistol... Ugh... Need to use a remap power card now

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It would be nice if BioWare patched in a new Geth unit or two. They're two units behind the Reapers and Cerberus groups, and though fun to fight by far the easiest of them all. They need something heavier than the Geth Prime.

Speaking of which, what is a good build for salarian engineer?

6/6/6/5/3

Energy Drain - Radius, extra shields, damage resistance
Decoy - Shields, Shock, Shields and Duration
Incinerate - Radius, Recharge Speed, Armor Damage
Salarian Operative - Power bonuses

Use a Phalanx pistol for quick recharge speed and spam decoys.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Banshees are literally the worst enemy design in the HISTORY of videogames.
They're pretty bad but not *that* bad.

In a lag free world, they'd be more tolerable.

Also, I got grabbed by Banshees while invisible on Bronze too. That's some bullshit right there. Oh and I was like 3 metres away from the thing too.

Mr2day

Is anyone else experiencing an abnormally high freeze rate? I think my xbox has locked up more times in me3 multiplayer than in the rest of its history combined.

RyanDG

Is anyone else experiencing an abnormally high freeze rate? I think my xbox has locked up more times in me3 multiplayer than in the rest of its history combined.

Yes. And I'm on a PS3. It's also locking up when I load back into the main menu after playing MP for awhile.

Croc

Banned
So does anyone know how exactly a weapon gets stronger as it ranks up? Is it a small stat gain in every category each time? A slightly larger gain in one specific category?

The only thing I noticed after getting an upgrade was a very small upgrade in ammo capacity.

Xevren

No problems on my end. Kinda weird seeing all the lag complaints, everything has felt great for me so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So does anyone know how exactly a weapon gets stronger as it ranks up? Is it a small stat gain in every category each time? A slightly larger gain in one specific category?

The only thing I noticed after getting an upgrade was a very small upgrade in ammo capacity.
Minor gains in every category. It's why the Mantis X is the equivalent of a Widow for some people - much less weight, almost equivalent damage.

The biggest issue with Lift Grenades in general is that you can run out - and camping ammo boxes is a (buggy) luxury.

What's buggy about them? Both Silver/Gold have slower recharge rates than Bronze, but (like I posted earlier on this or last page) remember... the grenade supply recharges independent of your character, and is dependent on the ammo box itself. You can even see the grenade in the box before you pick it up, and watch it disappear when you do. This also means that you can hit different ammo boxes to resupply your grenades in very short order. There's nothing "buggy" about grenade resupply whatsoever.

Kaper

Sheesh, it's not even worth attempting gold challenges, because I have to carry people every damn time. While silver is less money per minute, at least I know I can never lose silver, and as an added plus, a lot more playstyles are viable.

eek5

What's buggy about them? Both Silver/Gold have slower recharge rates than Bronze, but (like I posted earlier on this or last page) remember... the grenade supply recharges independent of your character, and is dependent on the ammo box itself. You can even see the grenade in the box before you pick it up, and watch it disappear when you do. This also means that you can hit different ammo boxes to resupply your grenades in very short order. There's nothing "buggy" about grenade resupply whatsoever.

Grenades are global as well so if other teammates use grenades and pick them up before you then you are SOL. I think it is pretty balanced considering how much damage grenades can be speced to do.

X-Frame

Upgrading weapons only affect weight, damage, and ammo capacity.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

lol that explains a bunch then

its still a bitch to get back and forth to them in higher difficulties though.

Achtius

6/6/6/5/3

Energy Drain - Radius, extra shields, damage resistance
Decoy - Shields, Shock, Shields and Duration
Incinerate - Radius, Recharge Speed, Armor Damage
Salarian Operative - Power bonuses

Use a Phalanx pistol for quick recharge speed and spam decoys.

Is salarian engineer superior than human in every way? some guy just got double my points in gold..lol

60k vs 120k

Kyoufu

Sheesh, it's not even worth attempting gold challenges, because I have to carry people every damn time. While silver is less money per minute, at least I know I can never lose silver, and as an added plus, a lot more playstyles are viable.

Even on Silver there are under levelled players running around getting slapped in the face. :(

Serious

Is salarian engineer superior than human in every way? some guy just got double my points in gold..lol

60k vs 120k

Eh, I wouldn't say strictly superior, but on Gold, Decoy is just too good to pass up I feel. Decoy though barely adds any points to your total (whereas Combat Drone actually reliably does damage), and Overload vs ED is debatable when it comes to damage. ED can potentially hit more targets, Overload can more easily hit a second target and can do insane damage to shields.

There's nothing about Salarians that should make them get twice as many points as you, to be blunt. Decoy's amazing but doesn't show up on the charts. ED provides more durability, so if you're dying more than the Salarian, that's something to take into account.

Vanguard is just all-around shit. It was the first class I played with, and after moving on to other classes, I don't want to touch it at all. Sucks because both of my rare unlocks have been fucking Vanguard characters.

Yup, im starting to think this as well. My first was Infiltrator, then Engineer, now after leveling Vanguard to 13, I dont want to use this class anymore.

Top Bottom