• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm expecting the Falcon to get nerfed next balance patch, it is just too good at low to mid character levels. I expect they'll get rid of the stagger, or at least make it so it doesn't happen every hit. :)

Ken

I'm expecting the Falcon to get nerfed next balance patch, it is just too good at low to mid character levels. I expect they'll get rid of the stagger, or at least make it so it doesn't happen every hit. :)

Nooooo~

It's the only reason I play Soldier aside from being able to fire 200 Revenant rounds without pause. That and the H. soldier is kind of weak without a weapon like the Falcon. If anything Overload should be nerfed.

/pout

Omega

Banned
I want Krogan Vanguard.

I was so disappointed to see a Krogan with biotic powers wasn't included. After Skarr (from the first book) and Wrex in the second, not to mention the countless Krogans you fight in ME1 and 2 who are biotics, it blows my mind that they have a Krogan Sentinel. No Krogan you ever come across uses tech.

GorillaJu

It's really lame that you can keep getting human character cards even when you've already unlocked all the appearance options on them.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's kinda scaring me, so many of these issues, from EA server disconnects to losing credits, etc. I haven't experienced myself, and I feel like I'm running on borrowed time here. *knocks on wood*

The only real problems I have had are Vanguard lag, Banshees grabbing me from a mile away, bigger enemies grabbing/attacking me while I'm cloaked (and if this is a design choice, it's a fucking shitty one), and someone getting lagged off of the map in one game while alive, leaving us sitting there waiting for it to unglitch itself.

Nori Chan

I've bought like 8 recruit packs today.

Felt great not expecting anything. Upgraded my mantis to vi and got the avenger to III at least.

I'm probably going to do this for a while seeing as how my search for a fucking drell has made me to a broken man. Maybe if I'm not looking for it, I'll get it.

Also Human engineer is soooooooo fuuun

Sorry man. I accidentally got Drell Adept up to lights color, and Drell Vanguard at some point without realizing it.

I would have thought I would have noticed picking up the Vanguard at least, but I must have glossed over it and thought it was another Adept card.

I'm also spamming recruit packs to max my Mantis, because who know how long until I get a Widow or Black Widow.

Edit: I can't buy my way into a Salarian though, but I would probably never give up Quarian Infiltrator for the Salarian, so I'm only interested in the Engineer.

The Mantis has the best damage per shot to weight ratio, if that makes you feel better.

It might. I still want a Black Widow, I think, because I think the multiple shots would overcome the extra weight.

Cloaking is really only an issue when you hit panic mode, though, but it is definitely a concern with a longer cool down.

With the black widow I can sabotage (yeah, limited use against any but the Geth) and then fire two shots before I lose cloak.

Nome

There are so many problems with this game it's incredible how it got past QA. Don't think I've been this pissed at a game for quite a while. Already dropped $40 on Bioware points but I'm probably going to stop if the problems don't ease up.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Wow, what a profitable night. Got the Krogan Soldier, Quarian Infiltrator and Spike Thrower in my session. Using the Javelin with the Quarian is giving me some serious flashbacks to using the Farsight in Perfect Dark.

On PS3 I've lost connection to the EA servers a couple of times with a "failed to process transaction" or similar message when trying to buy a pack. Quitting the game fixed it. I was fuming when I dropped 60k for a spectre pack and it took my credits, but after rebooting I noticed I had some new stuff including the Asari Adept (yay), so apparently the purchase still went through after resyncing.

Now if I could purchase more teammates who actually give a shit about objectives or keeping themselves alive.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
How do I upgrade my Avenger AR to VIII or whatever it is? I thought you could only do that in SP.

Also, where do I get weapon mods for my weapons in MP?

Ken

How do I upgrade my Avenger AR to VIII or whatever it is? I thought you could only do that in SP.

You have to pull the same gun out of a pack to get a +1 to its rank.

Mods are from packs too and vary in rarity and can also be leveled up.

I didn't know how bad Vanguards were until I started playing other classes. I had to constantly put my life on the line to do damage before. Even when I switched to Asari Vanguards it was a journey. Now I'm sitting back with an Asari Adept just lighting candles on these goons. Brutes? lol. Banshee? Bitch, please. Vanguards just have an uphill battle no matter how you look at them compared to other classes. Its a fun class to play as, but damn :/

Carnifex + Stasis is cash

I finished my Infiltrator earlier, and said "Hmm...Vanguard or Engineer?".

Picked Engineer, and "Hey, a Salarian. Why not?"

4 Matches later, it's smiles all around. A pistol and powers, everyone is my bitch. Energy Drain is a win button. I fear nothing.

On PS3 I've lost connection to the EA servers a couple of times with a "failed to process transaction" or similar message when trying to buy a pack. Quitting the game fixed it. I was fuming when I dropped 60k for a spectre pack and it took my credits, but after rebooting I noticed I had some new stuff including the Asari Adept (yay), so apparently the purchase still went through after resyncing.

Now if I could purchase more teammates who actually give a shit about objectives or keeping themselves alive.

Same here, although I'm sure I actually lost a Spectre pack in there somewhere.

Does the XP is shared at the end of the match ? I felt even if I'm doing nothing, I got lots of XP. And when I'm doing 70.000 points at the end of the round, I don't get that much xp...

Also, what is the real difference is stats from, let's say, an Avenger I to X ? Weapons looks the same stats wise

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^Weight, damage, and ammo capacity change
Asari vanguard with sniper rifle is so fun.

It's a fun, do it yourself type thing because of how godlike Stasis is... but Asari Vanguard feels like nothing but pure support. Stasis bubble gives everyone on the team free headshots and the 30% recast makes it spammable too. Lift Grenades are just plain awesome no matter how you spec them. Biotic charge plus the Asari power melee is pretty solid against small mobs... sorta-ish.

But after two nights of getting my feet wet with other classes - it feels like there isn't anything that Vanguards do better than other classes*

*except for survivability... Charge will get you through a lot of shit.

AlStrong

Dammit. Lost 45K cash for some reason + XP. It's as though I never played those 3 games. Something funky when I was in the menu. :s Store was acting funny too.

360 version

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
God, the Falcon is so amazing. Makes Reaper matches a tad easier since you just aim in a general direction and make things like ravagers die much faster than relying on traditional bullets to kill them while they turret it up.

It's excellent as long as you don't get the vanishing grenades glitch. Seems to happen if you lag slightly, it ends up just shooting air while decreasing your ammo count.

Sectus

Are recruit packs better when you're still early in multiplayer? Or should i save for the higher ones?

I personally buy based on which difficulty I'm playing. You get enough for a recruit pack if you play bronze so that's what I was buying when I played bronze. And then I started buying veteran packs when I started veteran, and I started buying spectre packs when I started playing gold.

Kyoufu

Ah I didn't like the idea of reduced damage so I didn't take the double Nova.

The way I see it is: If I reduce my damage on a single Nova, but instead be able to infinitely loop said Nova with Charge, will I do more damage in the long run? Answer is yes
3AQmK.gif

Not sure how many points Vanguards usually get but last run I got something like 80k. Ended up soloing pretty much the entire battlefield as everyone was dying a lot to the rocket troopers.

So any word on "commendation packs" or whatever they are called? My friends and I dominated at least 20 silver matches vs REAPERS this weekend for free packs. I hope to find 20 packs waiting for me.....please tell me I'm right?

So any word on "commendation packs" or whatever they are called? My friends and I dominated at least 20 silver matches vs geth this weekend for free packs. I hope to find 20 packs waiting for me.....please tell me I'm right?

1 pack, and not for a week or so.

It also had to be against reapers.

LosDaddie

Banned
Salarian Infiltrator is really fun. I've decided to drop the SMG (barely used it) and just roll with my Mantis. Unfortunately, I didn't figure this out until now, and I'm at level 18 for my Infiltrator. :|

What's a fun class to do next? I'm thinking either Krogan Sentinel, or Human Engineer.

Sorry man. I accidentally got Drell Adept up to lights color, and Drell Vanguard at some point without realizing it.

I would have thought I would have noticed picking up the Vanguard at least, but I must have glossed over it and thought it was another Adept card.

I'm also spamming recruit packs to max my Mantis, because who know how long until I get a Widow or Black Widow.

Edit: I can't buy my way into a Salarian though, but I would probably never give up Quarian Infiltrator for the Salarian, so I'm only interested in the Engineer.

Is the Drell Adept good? I unlocked it, but was thinking about holding off on Adept until I unlocked the Asari. And yeah, I've been spamming Recruit packs to level up my Mantis and Avenger.

I asked this question a couple days ago, and you have to spam Recruit packs to level up your Avenger since it's a "Common" item. There's a link to a PDF here, and it describes which packs you need to buy to level up your weapons.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So any word on "commendation packs" or whatever they are called? My friends and I dominated at least 20 silver matches vs geth this weekend for free packs. I hope to find 20 packs waiting for me.....please tell me I'm right?

You get one squad pack after a Reaper/Silver match, and it's awarded on Tuesday.

X-Frame

Salarian Infiltrator is really fun. I've decided to drop the SMG (barely used it) and just roll with my Mantis. Unfortunately, I didn't figure this out until now, and I'm at level 18 for my Infiltrator. :|

What's a fun class to do next? I'm thinking either Krogan Sentinel, or Human Engineer.

Is the Drell Adept good? I unlocked it, but was thinking about holding off on Adept until I unlocked the Asari. And yeah, I've been spamming Recruit packs to level up my Mantis and Avenger.

I asked this question a couple days ago, and you have to spam Recruit packs to level up your Avenger since it's a "Common" item. There's a link to a PDF here, and it describes which packs you need to buy to level up your weapons.
I love the Krogan Sentinel. Specced for damage reduction and shields he is a walking tank. It takes a lot to bring him down.

1200 health and 1600 shields with something like 70% damage reduction he can take missiles, brute attacks, and possibly even Kamehameha's to the face.

Kyoufu

Any PS3 multiplayer addicts want to do silver or possibly gold?

Farming credits with competent players would be nice. PSN is Kyoufu.

LosDaddie

Banned
I love the Krogan Sentinel. Specced for damage reduction and shields he is a walking tank. It takes a lot to bring him down.

1200 health and 1600 shields with something like 70% damage reduction he can take missiles, brute attacks, and possibly even Kamehameha's to the face.

Word.
How did you spec the Krogan Sentinel? I noticed he had grenades, did you level them up at all? Basically, I was thinking about just upgrading the Tech Shields and Carnage biotics.

Top Bottom