• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Over time, multiplayer has been getting worse and worse. Im experiencing lag issues, NPCs are frozen w/ their arms wide open not taking damage, and I just had the audio drop out during a single wave. After the wave was over, the audio came back to normal. WTF...

Achtius

I guess i'll try it later, he got even more customization than my human engineer >_>.

Also how does my N7 level go up other than promoting? It's stuck at 70 for the longest time even tho I beat gold like 5 times T_T. Does it only goes up when i am leveling up a character?

Over time, multiplayer has been getting worse and worse. Im experiencing lag issues, NPCs are frozen w/ their arms wide open not taking damage, and I just had the audio drop out during a single wave. After the wave was over, the audio came back to normal. WTF...

Framerate issue and sound dropping for me. not sure if it is MP or my ps3/receiver/tv

RyanDG

I guess i'll try it later, he got even more customization than my human engineer >_>.

Also how does my N7 level go up other than promoting? It's stuck at 70 for the longest time even tho I beat gold like 5 times T_T. Does it only goes up when i am leveling up a character?

Framerate issue and sound dropping for me. not sure if it is MP or my ps3/receiver/tv

Your N7 rating will only go up when you are leveling a character. It's essentially the combined levels that you have earned across all characters from my understanding.

X-Frame

Yeah, only when you level the character. If you never promote, but get all characters to 20, then you'll have an N7 of 120, forever.

rozay

Banned
Banshees are literally the worst enemy design in the HISTORY of videogames.
I haven't had the heart to try reapers on gold but once I figured out you can just slowly walk backwards and keep shooting, they haven't given me trouble.

I haven't gotten any decent weapons but I have gotten a hell of a lot of other races. Just need krogans and a drell to have everybody, though at this point I'd prefer guns :(

Xevren

Dude, you need to fucking run! You have a Banshee on your ass!
...oh, you have Decoy.

I'll never tire of hearing people yell that on a mic.

Achtius

I haven't had the heart to try reapers on gold but once I figured out you can just slowly walk backwards and keep shooting, they haven't given me trouble.

I haven't gotten any decent weapons but I have gotten a hell of a lot of other races. Just need krogans and a drell to have everybody, though at this point I'd prefer guns :(

I got everyone except the adept (both of them) >_> so stupid.

The trick that my group used to handle banshees on Reaper gold was to stay relatively close to each other, killing as much of the other enemies as we could until the banshees got close. Then we would run to the other wise of the map and repeat the process until there was only banshees left. We had 3 infiltrators so I doubt this strategy would work with every group comp. Was actually a lot easier than you'd think.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chalk me up in the "slide several metres into a Banshee's embrace" group. Fuck that shit.

And this is the level the true pros will stay at. Fuck all this prestiging bullshit.

If you want to experiment with builds you are going to have to promote at some point or get super lucky with resets. Has it been determined if war assets only apply to currently created save files or all of them ever?

Kyoufu

My problem is, I play a charge happy human Vanguard that literally has to charge as much as possible, Crank style. I do a hell of a lot of damage but it's costly when...

...I charge right into the grab of doom.
LLShC.gif

X-Frame

And this is the level the true pros will stay at. Fuck all this prestiging bullshit.

I will only promote in order to re-do my powers until I find a build I am comfortable with. I made small mistakes, or learned better builds, after I've already leveled my characters to 20.

Can care less about an overall N7 rating after that.

Edgeward

Quarian Engi is such garbage til you get the flamethrower upgrade for your sentry. Then you just start wrecking shit, the damage is so good!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wouldn't mind sharing, I've got a GPS VI.

Also have a Arc Pistol VI, and a Revenant VII, Hornet IV...and still just a Carnifex I and no N7 weapons at all.
All you have to do is put in your credit card info and you can get an unlimited number of Spectre packs pretty easily...

this guy

Hit wave 10 twice on gold on two different maps, and wave 9 on the other, all with randoms. So close... at least I'm getting sweet, sweet spectre packs out of it.

X-Frame

I wouldn't mind sharing, I've got a GPS VI.

Also have a Arc Pistol VI, and a Revenant VII, Hornet IV...and still just a Carnifex I and no N7 weapons at all.

What do you think of the Arc Pistol? I have it at III and I thought it was a joke at I, haven't tried it since. I still haven't found a use for it -- though I assume it is more effective against synthetics and shields.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are recruit packs better when you're still early in multiplayer? Or should i save for the higher ones?

What do you think of the Arc Pistol? I have it at III and I thought it was a joke at I, haven't tried it since. I still haven't found a use for it -- though I assume it is more effective against synthetics and shields.

It messes up Geth, but is super heavy I prefer just having two weapons if I'm going to be going in with such a heavy load out.

Are recruit packs better when you're still early in multiplayer? Or should i save for the higher ones?

I'd say to save up for Spectre packs, purchasing an Equipment pack every so often to keep your reserve of consumables up. You're going to want rares that increase your options, such as rare characters like the Asari Adept, Salarian Infiltrator, and Salarian Engineer, along with rare weapons such as the Widow, Black Widow, and Carnifex.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Vanguards get no love

Its all fun and games until Gold. Then its just :(s all around.

impirius

Why do some people insist on everyone joining a Party before starting a game? Is there something special about Party voice chat that I'm missing?

RyanDG

Vanguards get no love

Its all fun and games until Gold. Then its just :(s all around.

I've found my use for a vanguard on gold. Hang out with all the engineers and infiltrators in their sniping spot and just nova the crap out of all the hunters that come around. It may not get me a ton of points, but it makes them happy. :p

Axiom

I'm so inexperienced with actually talking to anyone with multiplayer and being bad at shooting games I've not dared to try anything past Bronze...but damn that deadline is approaching

The Banshee screams still send a chill down my spine.

Also, im getting tired of the Mantis rifle. Im ready for something more bad ass. Spectre packs keep trollin me. Ammo packs for days. =\

Sober

God, the Falcon is so amazing. Makes Reaper matches a tad easier since you just aim in a general direction and make things like ravagers die much faster than relying on traditional bullets to kill them while they turret it up.

Hah Geth would be awesome, but they'd basically be the same classes as Quarian, going by Legion's ability set, no?

This is what I'm thinking.

Engineer:
Combat Drone
Sentry Turret
Decoy
Geth Platform (final rank: -30% Sniper Rifle weight or 10% weapon damage)
Fitness

Like a mini-Geth Prime, spawning constant fire support and distractions. Decoy compensates for the extremely fragile sentry turrets.

Infiltrator:
Tactical Cloak
Sabotage
Overload
Geth Platform
Fitness

Plays more like a Geth Hunter, trading the survivability of the Salarian's Energy Drain for the crowd control of Overload. Cloak, stun a bunch of guys with Chain Overload, then clean up with a shotgun or quick-firing sniper rifle.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't know how bad Vanguards were until I started playing other classes. I had to constantly put my life on the line to do damage before. Even when I switched to Asari Vanguards it was a journey. Now I'm sitting back with an Asari Adept just lighting candles on these goons. Brutes? lol. Banshee? Bitch, please. Vanguards just have an uphill battle no matter how you look at them compared to other classes. Its a fun class to play as, but damn :/
I am still trying to get a Carnifex :(
Carnifex + Stasis is cash

Croc

Banned
Just had a glitch where I lost all exp/credits earned from a match, but readiness and such still went up. Not too big of a deal since I was just using Adept for the first time and playing bronze, but 15k credits is still 15k credits.

All I did was enter the store after the match (with 22k credits) with the intention of buying a Vet pack, but when I went over it I was back at 6700 credits. Backed out and I was back at level 1 again as well.

Mindlog

God, the Falcon is so amazing. Makes Reaper matches a tad easier since you just aim in a general direction and make things like ravagers die much faster than relying on traditional bullets to kill them while they turret it up.
It's really really great. I played two matches with it, a Geth Plasma Shotgun and my Krogan Sentinel.

It was my first time using a Krogan on Silver vs Reapers. The other high level guy left leaving me with 2 sub 20 N7s. It was actually pretty easy. The Falcon does a great job softening up mobs so when they close it's easy enough to melee everything. Ammo mods are extremely effective on the Falcon. The two new players did a much better job than than what I've seen from the average N7-80+.

The next game on Giant I got a little slap happy with my GPS. Add me to the list of players saved by teammates just before a Banshee completes an execution. Thank you team.

I really need to know how melee damage is calculated.

Carnifex + Stasis is cash
Back in the demo I heard, 'How is he getting so many headshots?'
*splash*

Top Bottom