• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Zeliard

Mordin died, not sure about Wreav. Eve survived.

Easily the highpoint of the game so far for me.

Yup. Also quite enjoyed
the massive Thresher Maw, who I was fully expecting to be a boss at some point. That thing was friggin' huge. When he jumped out and owned the fuck out of the Reaper, the 12-year old inside me cheered.

I think Eve died because I destroyed the data in ME2. At least Mordin mentioned she could have survived otherwise. Hell of a ramification.

Skidd

Old crew member spoilers from Citadel:

I found and got to hug
Kelly Chambers in the docks
:D

Then, after
Cerberus attack
, I find out that
Cerberus agents killed her.
Those fuckers.

Also,
Thane
is still such a boss. Rest in peace :(

HOLY F**K!!!! Just had the best moment is the series!!!!!

Mid-to-end game spoilers:
When you save both the quarians and the geth. Never been so happy about making a decision before. The repercussions are bonkers. Now I feel like a hero!!!

I actually didn't have high enough reputation to choose one of those options and wound up loading up a three-hour old save file just so get more rep and make the Paragon choice. I was crushed when I initially had to
kill Legion because I wouldn't sacrifice the Quarians

GorillaJu

Old crew member spoilers from Citadel:

I found and got to hug
Kelly Chambers in the docks
:D

Then, after
Cerberus attack
, I find out that
Cerberus agents killed her.
Those fuckers.

Also,
Thane
is still such a boss. Rest in peace :(

My
Kelly got melted into a disgusting bloody human sludge and fed intravenously into the baby proto-reaper. Poor Kelly.

I can't believe how much I HATE THIS GAME!

I initially liked it, but I'm at the part where I meet with the Quarians & my God, is it ever inferior in every single way to the previous two games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Possible spoiler, not sure so I'm marking it:

She wanted to drink with me and I turned it down, so it got me curious if she's a possible romance.

But if she was I'd pick her. :p
Naw, that happens in ME2 as well - it was a fetch quest, actually.

Wreav and Mordin died. How did Eve die?
She dies if you don't save the research data in ME2.

So who replaces Garrus in this game if he died on your suicide mission in ME 2? I've always wondered about that.
Yeah, and Tali? I'm curious about those two.

Wreav and Mordin died. How did Eve die?

She
dies
if you don't do the bomb mission before it "expires".
Happened to me, did another mission before doing the bomb mission & BAM, the quest was gone & THAT happened. Pissed me the fuck off.

Game isn't good enough for me to reload & redo an hour & a half worth of work again to change it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
She
dies
Happened to me, did another mission before doing the bomb mission & BAM, the quest was gone & THAT happened. Pissed me the fuck off.

Game isn't good enough for me to reload & redo an hour & a half worth of work again to change it.
Oh wow, really?!

I can't believe how much I HATE THIS GAME!

I initially liked it, but I'm at the part where I meet with the Quarians & my God, is it ever inferior in every single way to the previous two games.
Look at you being wrong.

She
dies

Consequences!?

She if you don't do the bomb mission before it "expires".

What I hate about this game is there is no proper way of knowing which missions are time sensitive. I lost the
korgan
side mission because I was busy with others.

McNum

So... Is (location spoiler)
Cerberus Headquarters
the final part of the game? It says in the Journal that after this, the
Alliance will be fully committed to fighting the Reapers
. Or is the game just telling me that this will give a War Asset bonus and there's more to come later?

Just need to know if I'm going to go
teach Kai Leng and TIM about the wonders of the Widow sniper rifle
or if it's time to do that thing that's completely sensible to do when you're in a hurry and the galaxy's last hope: Doorbell prank Reapers to find more War Assets. Just need 100-200 points more for a full 3000.

Also, for an Infiltrator, what is a good bonus power? Running with Armor Piercing Ammo right now, since that tears quite a hole in anything armored, but I was wondering if any other power would be useful. Decoy and Defense Matrix could be fun, too. In ME2 this Shepard used Flashbang as a "Get off me!" tool, but I haven't really needed anything like that in ME3.

By the way, I haven't seen Zaeed or Kasumi yet, did I miss something? Could use them both for more points. I think I got the rest of the ME2 squadmates accounted for.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
So... Is (location spoiler)
Cerberus Headquarters
the final part of the game? It says in the Journal that after this, the
Alliance will be fully committed to fighting the Reapers
. Or is the game just telling me that this will give a War Asset bonus and there's more to come later?

It's the point of no return. Make sure you wrap up any side quests you want to complete and buy everything you want before you start that mission.

1stStrike

Banned
Hmm, I can't figure out how to buy the "From Ashes" DLC. I'm clicking the "Buy Now" button in Origin and it's not doing anything >_<

Edit:

nm. Restarted origin and it magically started working right.

this guy

Romance spoilers:

I just had a sequence where Liara came up to my quarters to show me a time capsule device, and we shared some heavy flirting. Right after that, I called up Traynor, and we proceeded to have hot, lesbian shower sex. After that I called up Jessica Chobot, and after interviewing me she dropped some serious hint bombs that she wants to jump my character's bones. And then I called up James where we had some idle chit chat about being a soldier. lol. Ridiculous...ly awesome.

Some of these cutscenes are pretty sweet. Just finished up
krogan genophage thing... probably the most heartbreaking moment in gaming this gen... what a way to go. And to end that awesome mission with another fucking dream sequence! Bioware knows how to do the light/dark thing, cuz I felt this game was awesome... than it was complete shit... flipflopping like crazy with this game =/

The whole citadel attack scene was fun as well... but come on, deus ex ninja boy....

Romance spoilers:

I just had a sequence where Liara came up to my quarters to show me a time capsule device, and we shared some heavy flirting. Right after that, I called up Traynor, and we proceeded to have hot, lesbian shower sex. After that I called up Jessica Chobot, and after interviewing me she dropped some serious hint bombs that she wants to jump my character's bones. And then I called up James where we had some idle chit chat about being a soldier. lol. Ridiculous...ly awesome.
Doesnt Liara get pissed at you for showering with Traynor? I didnt join Traynor because Liara was my one and only space waifu, so im curious. :lol

this guy

Doesnt Liara get pissed at you for showering with Traynor? I didnt join Traynor because Liara was my one and only space waifu, so im curious. :lol
I stopped playing after all of that, so I haven't spoken to her yet. I'll have to get back to you. I'm kind of hoping I can get a secret love circle going on where no one knows about each other.

I'm not like that in real life, I swear!

I just imported a Mass Effect 2 Level 31 save and the game is making me level 31 in mass effect 3 as well so I have tons of power up points to spend. Right now I'm feeling way overpowered. Is that right as I thought importing only gave you some benefits like extra money+ your choices you made in previous games carrying through?

I honestly wonder why people keeping referring to the end as a Deus Ex Machina. It's not. A reveal is not a Deus Ex Machina.
Now, the Crucible just being... there.... however, is.
There's justification for the ending that stretches back all the way to ME1.

The Crucible
would not have been a Deus Ex, say, if it were the weapon that shot down the Reaper in ME1 and created the canyon in that planet.

Moaradin

I just imported a Mass Effect 2 Level 31 save and the game is making me level 31 in mass effect 3 as well so I have tons of power up points to spend. Right now I'm feeling way overpowered. Is that right as I thought importing only gave you some benefits like extra money+ your choices you made in previous games carrying through?

If you like, you can edit your ME1 save so you start at level 1 but keep all the choices you made. Seems like the best option to me.

Yes, thats right. Also, play on Insanity, you will be happy with those points. :lol

If you like, you can edit your ME1 save so you start at level 1 but keep all the choices you made. Seems like the best option to me.

Yes, thats right. Also, play on Insanity, you will be happy with those points. :lol

Oh. For people who imported a high level character and are playing on normal difficulty, do you feel like the game is too easy? Also, how hard would it be to edit the save game to make only my choices from previous games come through?

jediyoshi

Yep, importing any me2 save bumps you up to level 30 iirc.
edit: super beat

Holy crap it's 5:37am
I thought it was like maybe midnight or 1 am but it's almost 6 o'clock in the morning. I played for like 7 hours in a row. The time just flew by faster than any game I can remember. Wow, thank you Bioware. What an incredible game.

Edit, geeeez the entire previous page is filled with black lines. This thread is a huge minefield. Can't even read the non-spoilered parts because you will start making assumptions on what it could be about.

Moaradin

Oh. For people who imported a high level character and are playing on normal difficulty, do you feel like the game is too easy? Also, how hard would it be to edit the save game to make only my choices from previous games come through?

I think its actually really challenging, in a good way. I reset my level to 1 so I'm not sure how it is if you start at level 30, and I'm also playing on Hardcore. I've been manually managing all of my Shepard's and Companion's talent points, and micro-managing them in battle(ordering them around and also manually using their abilities to give me the best advantage)

It's a ton of fun and so far, this is one of the best game experiences I've had in a long time. The story and plots that are resolved are amazing. I'm pretty close to the end-game now. If I quit now(about 35 hours in right now) without even finishing it, I would still vastly prefer it to Mass Effect 1 and 2, and I loved those games.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Got my N7 Collectors edition yesterday.
I've only done 2 missions as I went a bit OCD talking to every single person on Normandy and the Citadel.
Loving it so far.

Horse Armour: Moardin's sentiments echo mine. It's actually really challenging at times and I started with a level 30 character. I've died a bunch of times. You can lose your shield so fast and then your health goes down and you gotta spam med kits. It can get pretty intense. Normal is definitely fine and for me seems to be the perfect balance...I die and combat can be dangerous and you have to be careful and definitely take cover a lot, but I don't die a million times where the game would become frustrating and you lose interest in the story because it's hard to progress. I'd probably be getting wrecked on hard.

Horse Armour: Moardin's sentiments echo mine. It's actually really challenging at times and I started with a level 30 character. I've died a bunch of times. You can lose your shield so fast and then your health goes down and you gotta spam med kits. It can get pretty intense. Normal is definitely fine and for me seems to be the perfect balance...I die and combat can be dangerous and you have to be careful and definitely take cover a lot, but I don't die a million times where the game would become frustrating and you lose interest in the story because it's hard to progress. I'd probably be getting wrecked on hard.

I'm really unsure whether or not to start over with a level 1 character. I'm only an hour into the game so I think I might as well as the game might be less interesting if you don't have RPG level ups to look forward too.

Got my N7 Collectors edition yesterday.
I've only done 2 missions as I went a bit OCD talking to every single person on Normandy and the Citadel.
Loving it so far.

I love the new feature where you just have to be near NPCs and listening to their conversations and sometimes you get sidequests from it. This is so much better than having to click on every single npc in the area. It feels much more natural and smooth. I hope more games do this. It also makes you want to explore areas more because there is no map with an exclamation point telling you it's a side quest there, you have to explore and listen to the convos. Great stuff. I'm also liking it better than ME1 and 2. You know what it feels like? A mesh of ME1's story and atmosphere but with ME2's gameplay. That's exactly what i wanted.

I'm really unsure whether or not to start over with a level 1 character. I'm only an hour into the game so I think I might as well as the game might be less interesting if you don't have RPG level ups to look forward too.
That is a good point but I can tell you after 12 hours my Shephard isn't close to being maxed out yet. And the squad mates are even less close.

If you go level 1 you might not be able to get the cool bonuses some of the abilities have at the last level.

I love the new feature where you just have to be near NPCs and listening to their conversations and sometimes you get sidequests from it. This is so much better than having to click on every single npc in the area. It feels much more natural and smooth. I hope more games do this. It also makes you want to explore areas more because there is no map with an exclamation point telling you it's a side quest there, you have to explore and listen to the convos. Great stuff. I'm also liking it better than ME1 and 2. You know what it feels like? A mesh of ME1's story and atmosphere but with ME2's gameplay. That's exactly what i wanted.

Oblivion/Skyrim do this too, can't remember if FO3/FONV did as well though.

Moaradin

I would recommend it. It's really easy to do. Just download a program called gibbed's Save Editor:http://www.masseffectsaves.com/tools.php. Open your ME2 save with it and put the level to 1. That's it.

I love leveling up and getting new skills in RPGs so this is a big improvement in that sense.

Oh and you won't be able to max out every skill. You will probably be able to get most of the skills you want and max them out, but don't expect to max out everything. I like it this way. Makes your choices much more important and I feel this is something that makes RPGs better.

Top Bottom