• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

FLEABttn

Banned
PS3 version is dying for a hard drive install like ME2 had. I've had 10 second load times at doors. Load times seem worse than in ME2.

I think I found my outfit for the rest of the game...

6968688117_2ca941261d_b.jpg

bigace33

This wasn't quick. Someone who did the game in 18 hours on gaf was quick. this was a normal pace.
At 28 hours I'm sure you missed a ton of dialog among other things. I'm at 24+ hours with about 2 hours of idle time, and I'm only on the first quarian/geth missions. That's the beauty of this game, you can pretty much play it how you want, there is no wrong way to play it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is it impossible in certain missions? Because the Atlas will seriously only have 2 armor bars missing and STILL blow up.
No idea. I did it on the Eden Prime mission because that was the earliest that I could get to fight the mech (basically once you board the Normandy for the first time).

LEGGZZZZ

Is anyone else on the 360 having a freezing problem on the mars mission? I'm about halfway through and it keeps freezing between the transport section, any advice on how to fix? My other games seem to run fine.

SpudBud

Ashley spoiler mid-late game.
Ashley hungover, laying of the floor. Shepard teasing her and being a bit of a dick was a funny little moment.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Renegade is best.

After finishing "codes" mission:
I wanted to put a bullet in his head, but we're all making sacrifices today.

Also another fourth wall moment.

Kaidan:
Kaidan.

No. Really.

lol this mission in the Attican Traverse... my squadmates don't seem to understand that the pod things explode if you walk into them. They just run through a line of like 5 of them then instantly dead.

iavi

Mid-game/Citidel: Some of these
deaths are actually getting to me. Mordin went like an absolute boss, and I didn't really feel all that bad, but Thane...damn. The reading with the son, and the revelation that he left it for you
was one of the better resonances the game has had so far. I do now see that shit isn't afraid to get real, though, and I have to admit that it's making me nervous with some of these decisions.

The million and a half fetch quests can go with the goddess, however. I'll just just play the MP a bit for the readiness level. Mission accomplished, BW. Make one aspect of the game so shitty, you basically force the player to use the other one.

LogicStep

deaths are actually getting to me. Mordin went like an absolute boss, and I didn't really feel all that bad, but Thane...damn. The reading with the son, and the revelation that he left it for you
was one of the better resonances the game has had so far. I do now see that shit isn't afraid to get real, though, and I have to admit that it's making me nervous with some of these decisions.

The million and a half fetch quests can go with the goddess, however. I'll just just play the MP a bit for the readiness level. Mission accomplished, BW. Make one aspect of the game so shitty, you basically force the player to use the other one.

Yes, totally agree. This game is gets real serious, definitely got to me in those two you mentioned.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Midgame spoilers:
The memorial on the Normandy gets updated, nice touch. I see Mordin and Thane now. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, totally agree. This game is gets real serious, definitely got to me in those two you mentioned.
Well... until you realize that a) the first
is a copy of Virmire
and b)
Kai Leng fucking sucks and spends his time eating cereal
. Then it's a bit underwhelming.

hateradio

Thane's story is one of the best, and if I were femshep I would have romanced him . . . though I wish male shep could have been given the chance. Why are all these guy choices such duds?

I believe that letter was in the Shadow Broker, too. It's kinda strange if you think about it, that it was written three years ago. Three years without seeing each other must really suck. :(

Well... until you realize that a) the first
is a copy of Virmire
and b)
Kai Leng fucking sucks and spends his time eating cereal
. Then it's a bit underwhelming.
But at least
Thane was a mother fucking badass, who, while being on his last days, is able to stop that cereal-eating poser.

LogicStep

So I must be a bit over half way, maybe closer to the end than the mid point. My readyness is still at 50%.... how do I raise this? I've been doing side quests whenever I can.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I must be a bit over half way, maybe closer to the end than the mid point. My readyness is still at 50%.... how do I raise this? I've been doing side quests whenever I can.
Readiness can only be raised by playing online or the iphone game.

Thane's story is one of the best, and if I were femshep I would have romanced him . . . though I wish male shep could have been given the chance. Why are all these guy choices such duds?

I believe that letter was in the Shadow Broker, too. It's kinda strange if you think about it, that it was written three years ago. Three years without seeing each other must really suck. :(

But at least
Thane was a mother fucking badass, who, while being on his last days is able to stop that cereal-eating poser.

I must admit, when Thane died, my biggest regret at that moment was not romancing him. I stopped playing and jumped online to watch the video of his death when you're his "siha". The last line she gives him is so bitter sweet.

Also,
Kai Leng will always suck because of that book. I can't look at him seriously as a villain at all, so having him kill Thane just sucks. :(

------

Random question - I decided to listen to the OST that BioWare gives you... Clint Mansell is listed as as the composer of only one of the tracks? Did he actually work on this soundtrack? :p

Papercuts

Readiness can only go up via MP. But you don't need it for the best ending, just know it's basically cutting the top number in half, the bottom is what matters.

Jb

Bought the 360 CE on amazon FR, super stoked about it. I start up the game. Menus and subtitles are in english, perfect. Voice over is in french.

God fucking dammit. So angry at myself for not making sure the game had both languages before ordering :( I hate DVDs so much right now. I bought another copy on amazon UK, but this means I'll have to wait another week to play it. The french CE DLC better be compatible with a UK copy.

Dresden

Rannoch:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shouldn't have uploaded the reaper code while romancing Tali. LOL.

I mean, I felt bad.

hateradio

I must admit, when Thane died, my biggest regret at that moment was not romancing him. I stopped playing and jumped online to watch the video of his death when you're his "siha". The last line she gives him is so bitter sweet.

Also,
Kai Leng will always suck because of that book. I can't look at him seriously as a villain at all, so having him kill Thane just sucks. :(
That's just another reason to dislike Leng, but I think Thane would have died either way.

Siha is a very nice touch, I think. I need to watch that video.

I'll stop with these tags for now, since it feels like the spoiler thread. :p

As for the soundtrack, it seems like it's missing a lot of tracks.

I am 12 hours in and just getting started.

I will never understand GAFs urge to just blaze through a game.
I'm at 25 hours and feel like I'm just getting started.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That's just another reason to dislike Leng, but I think Thane would have died either way.

Siha is a very nice touch, I think. I need to watch that video.
I made the dumb mistake of
being loyal to Liara because they said there would be consequences for cheating.
What a lie... and makes me not able to check out this scene in the game for myself. :/

Dresden

HUGE Rannoch Spoilers:

So Tali killed herself in my game--I sided with the Geth, Quarians got wiped out, and that's that. First time in the series where I truly, truly felt the consequence.

Of course I guess there's a way to resolve the issue without anyone getting hurt, but fuck it, this is awesome.

Papercuts

What is with bioware's love for ugly ass visors? Even if they give certain stats buffs, I refuse to use half of the shit Shep can wear on his head.

hateradio

I made the dumb mistake of
being loyal to Liara because they said there would be consequences for cheating.
What a lie... and makes me not able to check out this scene in the game for myself. :/
I always viewed Liara as a great friend, but never a mate. I mean, maybe that's just because I'm not interested. Just saw that footage you mentioned though. Damn. Very nice line.

I guess my male shep will be forever alone.

iPITQCdR5qlQK.png

kami_sama

HOLY F**K!!!! Just had the best moment is the series!!!!!

Mid-to-end game spoilers:
When you save both the quarians and the geth. Never been so happy about making a decision before. The repercussions are bonkers. Now I feel like a hero!!!

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
HOLY F**K!!!! Just had the best moment is the series!!!!!

Mid-to-end game spoilers:
When you save both the quarians and the geth. Never been so happy about making a decision before. The repercussions are bonkers. Now I feel like a hero!!!

Don't read this until you've beaten the game.

Doesn't matter, Geth get wiped out anyway.

Zeliard

How did you guys make out in the Tuchanka mission?

Wreav, Eve and Mordin all ended up dying in my game. :(

Mordin's sacrifice
was particularly poignant and fitting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I always viewed Liara as a great friend, but never a mate. I mean, maybe that's just because I'm not interested. Just saw that footage you mentioned though. Damn. Very nice line.

I guess my male shep will be forever alone.

http://i.minus.com/iPITQCdR5qlQK.png
Yeah, I was a sucker for his sad-sack romance in ME2 and it pays off very nicely in ME3.
Meet you across the sea.
:( :(

You could have unloyal people survive ME2 ending. It was less likely though.
Ah, didn't know that. I just assumed everyone would buy it at that point.

Dresden

How did you guys make out in the Tuchanka mission?

Wreav, Eve and Mordin all ended up dying in my game. :(

Mordin's sacrifice
was particularly poignant and fitting.

Mordin died, not sure about Wreav. Eve survived.

Easily the highpoint of the game so far for me.

Top Bottom