• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Tess3ract

Banned
I don't know about you but I had to download 800mb of stuff to get him.

I didn't have to download shit. he was on the PC disk.

Also IDK how anyone took more than 30 hours to do this game, I took my sweet time and did every single quest and lots of redundant shit like going back to the citadel frequently just to make sure (OCD) and I still only hit 28 hours. I didn't even skip Voice Acting. This includes me getting up to use the bathroom or pee or whatever.

People are at 45 hours and shit and I'm just like. what? Did you read every single planet description? Did you make paper airplanes? like what the fuck?

So, did anyone here like the ending? I don't want spoilers and I don't want details. I just want to see if anyone genuinely said, "I liked the ending." Because I don't think I've seen anyone say that yet.

It's unfortunate, but forgivable, because the game is so damn good. I can't stop playing.

Dresden

Also IDK how anyone took more than 30 hours to do this game, I took my sweet time and did every single quest and lots of redundant shit like going back to the citadel frequently just to make sure (OCD) and I still only hit 28 hours. I didn't even skip Voice Acting. This includes me getting up to use the bathroom or pee or whatever.

People are at 45 hours and shit and I'm just like. what? Did you read every single planet description? Did you make paper airplanes? like what the fuck?

Crazy idea, but maybe people play at different paces and shit.

Up to the Quarian stuff at about 15 hours. I think I already have like 3200 war assets.

Tess3ract

Banned
It's not a crazy idea, those people are either leaving their game running or are spending like an hour+ a mission when most are like....15 minutes-30 minutes at most

DTKT

How much stuff did I miss by romancing Tali. :|

All that talk about Liara being the "canon" romance has me worried that I'm missing on good dialogue stuff.

Derrick01

Banned

36 hours with around 1 hour total idle time. I did read the codex stuff too because there was plenty of new entries unlike ME2.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I'm at 24 hours and just did some citadel stuff post-tuchanka. After every mission(side ones too) I go around the entire normandy because people always have something new to say, but I don't feel like I'm wasting time otherwise. I've read the codex stuff but never bothered with the planets in any ME games.

malfcn

May start this in a week or so, got some stuff in 2 to clean up. Hope these discs don't fall apart like ME2. If it weren't for them being installed I would be afraid (360).

Zeliard

Difficulty, I imagine. Were you on Normal? Playing on something like Insanity will naturally take far longer because the battles are lengthier.

LogicStep

Rannoch spoilers regarding Paragon choices:

After you fight the Reaper boss with the targeting laser, Legion asks if he can upload the Reaper code to all of the Geth and Tali doesn't want that to happen. If you tell him to do it, he starts and Tali tells everyone to stop attacking the Geth and they don't listen, you get another conversation option, 2 normal ones and the Paragon/Renegade choices. I didn't get these last two options when I have gotten every other one so far. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have not gotten a single Renegade point or reputation during the whole game.

Tess3ract

Banned
dBMsX.gif

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The scene with Garrus is also probably one of the best character dialogue scenes in the series. You'll know what I'm talking about if you did it.
I liked that scene a lot, especially as an infiltrator.
Sniper riffle peeing contest. Very nice.

I think this game is showing Shepard as a character, instead of a pseudo-silent protagonist who just moves the story along.

How much stuff did I miss by romancing Tali. :|

All that talk about Liara being the "canon" romance has me worried that I'm missing on good dialogue stuff.
I didn't know that there was a canon romance, if there is one.

Anyone who didn't romance Liara is missing out.
I think Liara is a perfect best friend. If I could have romanced anyone it would have been . . . well, it can't happen, so there's no point.

It's not a crazy idea, those people are either leaving their game running or are spending like an hour+ a mission when most are like....15 minutes-30 minutes at most

Yeah, there's no possible way that anyone plays games differently than you.

Seriously, we get it. You got done with ME3 quickly.

vocab

I'm not using an imported save since I lost them years ago. I customized a character, and kept Ashley alive. What does it pick for the ending of ME2? There's no chose for it so I assume its defaulted to something.

Also, does previous romances affect character behaviors as opposed to not romancing with them. For example, conversations with Liara go different based on ME1 romance?

hateradio

This wasn't quick. Someone who did the game in 18 hours on gaf was quick. this was a normal pace.
I think I'll finish the game at about 30-something hours. I'm taking my time with things like scanning, and I've probably visited the Citadel far too many times.

It feels like the game is barely starting though. I can't believe it'll be over in a few more hours. :/

Why does it need to be 18+ hours anyway?
Because I don't want to live in a world without Mass Effect!

Guesong

Rannoch spoilers regarding Paragon choices:

After you fight the Reaper boss with the targeting laser, Legion asks if he can upload the Reaper code to all of the Geth and Tali doesn't want that to happen. If you tell him to do it, he starts and Tali tells everyone to stop attacking the Geth and they don't listen, you get another conversation option, 2 normal ones and the Paragon/Renegade choices. I didn't get these last two options when I have gotten every other one so far. Does anyone know what I did wrong? I have not gotten a single Renegade point or reputation during the whole game.

On top of having a good reputation score, you have at least 5 "point" related to that matter. Most of these points are decided in ME2, but you can get some in ME3 as well.

Here's an handy flowchart for that matter, though I'm fairly certain doing Legion's VR mission in ME3 gives you one point as well, and at least one other thing in ME2.

Zeliard

Oh I never even read the codex entries. I forgot they exist

The Codex entries on the Reapers are neat, especially since most are new.

Reapers are pretty enjoyable villains. Harbinger is a fun asshole. I'm sad I haven't seen any Harbinger-controlled shit-talking dudes yet, though I guess he only ever controlled Collectors. I enjoyed his constant taunting of Shep.

LogicStep

On top of having a good reputation score, you have at least 5 "point" related to that matter. Most of these points are decided in ME2, but you can get some in ME3 as well.

Here's an handy flowchart for that matter, though I'm fairly certain doing Legion's VR mission in ME3 gives you one point as well, and at least one other thing in ME2.

I see, I didn't do that mission before going there. I reloaded my save and I'm doing that first. Looking at that picture from ME2 I got the first one and the last one, the middle one I didn't get it. As for ME3, I'm not sure which mission is the first one. Is the second one the one where
in rannoch you save that admiral and convince him to come back with you instead of saving civilians?

Finished ME3 at 28 hours.

I don't see why you are complaining exactly.

That's a healthy number. You can't just say "I want this game to be 40 hours". You need to have 40 hours of content in that case, and there's really no way to judge how long things will be. I can complete Dragon Age in 20-42 hours, but I can speed-run it in the low 8s.

28 hours since Monday is seven hours a day. I don't see why you are complaining about length.

ShaneB

Oh man, when this game is going, it reaches some incredible highs.

But when it's back to a lull and it's "rpg" game, the annoying journal is driving me crazy, I've got a billion side quests now, and I don't even know where to start with them, and I'd get lost even trying to keep track of what is done.

hitmon

For those who have the PS3 version, is the game less buggy than the demo? And if I'm starting a save with no saves from ME2 and ME1 (was no ps3 version) what do I miss out on?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got 18h46 done so far. I'm at
Tuchanka
, still got the
Shroud and Disarm bomb
quests to do there.

How far am i, main plot wise? I suppose i still have a bunch of sidequests left too(how many new quests open up in the Citadel anyway after the first tour?) and i still havent seen like half of my ME2 crew.

Guesong

I see, I didn't do that mission before going there. I reloaded my save and I'm doing that first. Looking at that picture from ME2 I got the first one and the last one, the middle one I didn't get it. As for ME3, I'm not sure which mission is the first one. Is the second one the one where
in rannoch you save that admiral and convince him to come back with you instead of saving civilians?

Yep, that's the one. So doing the other sidequest should allow you to pick Paragon.

Tess3ract

Banned
Wait, you're complaining that anything over 10 hours is too short?

A 5 hour game is short. Ten hours is half a day.

Why does it need to be 18+ hours anyway?
While this game is still since ME2 a shooter first and an RPG second instead of the other way around, It feels rpgish which means over sooner = bad.

Grisby

The scene with Garrus is also probably one of the best character dialog scenes in the series. You'll know what I'm talking about if you did it.
I got the Liara one everyones talking about(had to tell her we were just friends yo). When does the Garrus one happen?

Dresden

Oh man, when this game is going, it reaches some incredible highs.

But when it's back to a lull and it's "rpg" game, the annoying journal is driving me crazy, I've got a billion side quests now, and I don't even know where to start with them, and I'd get lost even trying to keep track of what is done.

I don't bother trying to clear out all the misc. quests, I just return stuff to people if I come across them while going through the Citadel. The journal sucks so it's a pain keeping track, and I hate these little fetch quests anyways.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't bother with the fetch quests, I just return stuff to people if I come across them while going through the Citadel. The journal sucks so it's a pain keeping track, and I hate these little fetch quests anyways.

Just so you guys know if there's someone you can talk to whether it's for a fetch quest or something else you can just hit whatever your map button is when you arrive on a floor. It'll list everyone you can talk to at that point on each floor.

I tried my hardest not to use it though because I wanted to explore. I also don't know if that tactic works 100% of the time but it did seem to work quite a bit.

Mindlog

I haven't gotten particularly far (only up to Tuchanka), so perhaps Javik has some greater role in the story I haven't seen yet, but he definitely feels less plot-essential than the other characters. That said, he's still a great character and I wish he'd been part of the main game, not DLC.

Also, I think I just had that moment with Liara everyone's talking about.
The data cache for the future? I have to admit, I smiled. She's still a little perfect-space-waifu for my tastes, but it was a really well-done scene.
He has a lot of very interesting dialog on certain missions. It's interesting beyond Vigil's info dump approach.

That said I regret taking him on certain missions. He was mysteriously silent during moments where I was expecting some more dialog. I wish I had taken other squad members. However, for a very large portion of the game Liara/Javik were nearly essential for my insanity winfiltrator.

After playing for a long time some of the encounters finally approached Gold Multiplayer levels of difficulty. I have no idea how I'd complete some encounters with a different class.

Okay all this talk of the DLC character has intrigued me. When's a good time in the game to download and play the DLC? For reference, Im 15 hours in and did some missions on Tchanka.

ShaneB

I don't bother trying to clear out all the misc. quests, I just return stuff to people if I come across them while going through the Citadel. The journal sucks so it's a pain keeping track, and I hate these little fetch quests anyways.

Yeah, I can see myself going this route, just because I think I might drive myself crazy if I try to pick of one quest at a time and try to keep track of what's what.

Just so you guys know if there's someone you can talk to whether it's for a fetch quest or something else you can just hit whatever your map button is when you arrive on a floor. It'll list everyone you can talk to at that point on each floor.

I tried my hardest not to use it though because I wanted to explore. I also don't know if that tactic works 100% of the time but it did seem to work quite a bit.

Yeah, I use this tactic, it basically serves as the updated journal if I lose track of a side quest I need to talk to someone, but it's all good. It's still a bit creepy helping out these people just because I overhear a conversation though. Heh

Dresden

Okay all this talk of the DLC character has intrigued me. When's a good time in the game to download and play the DLC? For reference, Im 15 hours in and did some missions on Tchanka.

You can do it anytime, I just knocked it out of the way early on right after the intro missions.

Zeliard

There seems to unfortunately be some point where you can no longer access the DLC mission. Not sure where that is exactly, though.

hateradio

It's not 100%. There are a few people who don't appear on there. So you just have to run around and spot them.

This journal is the worst ever, especially compared to both previous games.

Before I forget, where the hell is Hades Nexus? I can't seem to find it. Does it appear after a mission or something?

Yeah, I can see myself going this route, just because I think I might drive myself crazy if I try to pick of one quest at a time and try to keep track of what's what.

Yeah, I use this tactic, it basically serves as the updated journal if I lose track of a side quest I need to talk to someone, but it's all good. It's still a bit creepy helping out these people just because I overhear a conversation though. Heh

Yeah Shepard constantly listening in on peoples conversations seems a bit creepy. Theres the fetch quest ones, the "support X or Y" ones, and the ones where it's just people talking and Shepard is listening for no reason other than he's a creeper.

God damn

I cannot find
Miranda
on the citadel, I got a message to meet her at the dock and she is not there, did the game bug or did I wait too long to go back to the citadel? Ugh

Esura

Banned
Curious question about this game. I heard you can change your character's appearance and their class when you import but can you change their name too?

Mindlog

It's not 100%. There are a few people who don't appear on there. So you just have to run around and spot them.

This journal is the worst ever, especially compared to both previous games.

Before I forget, where the hell is Hades Nexus? I can't seem to find it. Does it appear after a mission or something?
That part can be very annoying. You get missions before access to the star system so it makes you paranoid that you missed something.

Answer: Yes, more systems open up as you progress.

I just 100% a system as soon as it became available. It's easy to do. ME3 scanning is less of a chore than ME2 or the Mako.

Replicant

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Now I really regret
rewritting the Geth Heretics instead of destroying them in ME2
. This is what I get for trying to be a nice guy. Now I have to make sure I fulfill those 2 other reqs. :/

Zeliard

God damn

I cannot find
Miranda
on the citadel, I got a message to meet her at the dock and she is not there, did the game bug or did I wait too long to go back to the citadel? Ugh

She actually calls out to you when you enter the dock area; she's towards the right side near the departing Turian soldier and the Asari.

hateradio

I just 100% a system as soon as it became available. It's easy to do. ME3 scanning is less of a chore than ME2 or the Mako.
The Mako was never a chore! I miss the random planets and the nice skies.

I actually cheated in ME2, so that I wouldn't have to do the scanning.

Top Bottom