• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Gui_PT

You can take out the Illusive Man without having to Renegade. It's possible to convince him to shoot himself and save Anderson.

Yeah but you need to have picked paragon in all other conversations with him

if you skipped one, you have to go renegade and kill the illusive man. if not, you have to do that final conversation all over again

Nori Chan

Yeah but you need to have picked paragon in all other conversations with him

if you skipped one, you have to go renegade and kill the illusive man. if not, you have to do that final conversation all over again

When you say that, do you mean in just ME3, or including 2?

Gui_PT

When you say that, do you mean in just ME3, or including 2?

Just ME3
Everytime you talk to the illusive man, look for a paragon option, some of them(or at least one of them) are hidden in the investigate option

If you get all 6 paragon choices in all of the conversations, you can make him kill himself

bubnbob

Banned
Can anyone explain why I can't view my Galaxy At War map? I've connected the game to my account on Bioware's site, I've created a persona. The galaxy on the website has the correct numbers from the Datapad app, but my Xbox won't show the war map still.

Also is it normal I havent received any mail from my buddies on Datapad?

I didnt use an online code.

Sai

Just ME3
Everytime you talk to the illusive man, look for a paragon option, some of them(or at least one of them) are hidden in the investigate option

If you get all 6 paragon choices in all of the conversations, you can make him kill himself
Er, are you sure you can't have the Illusive Man kill himself if you've used the Intimidate dialogue choices in past conversations with him? I didn't think you were restricted to Charm, but that you just had to pick one of the two.

DTKT

I had no paragon/renegade options to
save Tali and Legion.
Nice knowing the
Quarians.
What'd I do wrong?

You can't save Legion. But, if you convinced the Admirals to not exile Tali and gave her the Geth data during the Pilgrimage, you can convince her to ask the fleet to stop firing.

It's a bunch of stuff from ME2.

Er, are you sure you can't have the Illusive Man kill himself if you've used the Intimidate dialogue choices in past conversations with him? I didn't think you were restricted to Charm, but that you just had to pick one of the two.

You're right, as long as you use a persuade option every time and have sufficient points, both options are available.

Amory

I barely died at all the entire game, and now I get to the part in the final mission where you "defend the left flank" and I can't beat the fuckin thing.

Banshees are the cheapest enemies, I swear

Jinjo

Man, Grissom Academy is a bitch on Insane. I'm at the huge courtyard after meeting a certain someone now. Getting flanked and grenaded from left and right at the same time. The Atlas in the back sure ain't helping. Anyone have any tips? I'm an Infiltrator, imported from ME2 so at a fairly decent level too. Garrus & Liara are backing me up.

Sai

Man, Grissom Academy is a bitch on Insane. I'm at the huge courtyard after meeting a certain someone now. Getting flanked and grenaded from left and right at the same time. The Atlas in the back sure ain't helping. Anyone have any tips? I'm an Infiltrator, imported from ME2 so at a fairly decent level too. Garrus & Liara are backing me up.
Soon as you open the door, don't go in. Position your squad on the rails of the ramp going up to your right. Then, Strafe to the left, take your Sniper Rifle out, and start working on the Atlus from afar until it's down. Your squad should keep the enemies below at bay, allowing you more than enough time to finish it off.

Now, move up the ramp, past your squad, and take out a few of the Guardians and Centurions below. Wait for your reinforcements to show up—this'll trigger more Guardians, Centurions, and Engineers to spawn from the door at the end of the ramp pathway. Use Liara's Singularity on the Guardians to leave them vulnerable, and Garrus' Overload on the generator as soon as they pop out, the discharge should take a lot out of their shields and/or health. Try to finish off the Engineers in a hurry, prevent them from setting up any turrets. Once you clear the ramp of any opposition above, gradually move yourself and your squad up to that position.

Once that's done, set yourself up there and take potshots at the enemies coming in from below. Try to take out the Engineers first so they won't set up any turrets, and be careful not to stick your head out for too long, in case you're within the sights of any turrets that're already in place. Troopers and Centurions will often try to come up the ramp, and stairs at the end of it to flank you, but you should be able to see them coming, as long as you're attentive.

Next part of the courtyard isn't so different. You can keep your squad below to draw some fire away from you as you quickly make your way up to the top of the stairs. Guardians will spawn nearby after a few enemies below are taken out, get rid of them fast. For the rest, just make sure you get the Engineers out of the way quickly, and don't let the Centurions get too close. It may help to assign Overload and Singularity to the d-pad to quickly stun them, take out their shields, or pull them out of cover

Yopis

Runnning my second play through now just for 100% completion. Had a great time with series. 1st game was my fav of all. Cant wait to see what bioware does next gen. Hope I can find the time as I get older to replay whole trilogy. As male shep.

bubnbob

Banned
Has anyone who did not redeem an online pass use the Galaxy At War on the ship? I've crossed off all possible solutions to my problem, and I've come up with the fact that you can only use this addition to the game if you use a pass. Just want to make absolute sure this is the case before buying one.

Has anyone who did not redeem an online pass use the Galaxy At War on the ship? I've crossed off all possible solutions to my problem, and I've come up with the fact that you can only use this addition to the game if you use a pass. Just want to make absolute sure this is the case before buying one.

If you don't have an online pass, your EMS score will be chopped in half by 50% and it's not possible to get the very best endings because their aren't enough assets in the game unless you have a ME1-ME2 save, but that's only for one of the endings.

In other words, Bioware and EA fucked over people who only like to play the single-player and people who buy the game used and don't purchase their scam pass.

I wouldn't suggest buying the online pass unless you want to purchase multiplayer. The GR adds absolutely nothing to the game other than percentage points that'll determine your ending and the differences between the ending are only 1-2 second differences that you can see on Youtube.

Tizoc

Gonna get the game tomorrow (used copy, PS3), won't start until after the 'Ending' DLC gets released though.
My ME2 character was Fem-Shephard, Lvl. 28-29.

malfcn

Tell me about. I have had the game lock up a few times.
And some graphical bugs.

Like I just beat the game after having a helluva time on Insanity at the end. And the game freezes while loading.

If I reload and don't get to see the ending...thank god it let me reload at the very end.

Jinjo

Soon as you open the door, don't go in. Position your squad on the rails of the ramp going up to your right. Then, Strafe to the left, take your Sniper Rifle out, and start working on the Atlus from afar until it's down. Your squad should keep the enemies below at bay, allowing you more than enough time to finish it off.

Now, move up the ramp, past your squad, and take out a few of the Guardians and Centurions below. Wait for your reinforcements to show up—this'll trigger more Guardians, Centurions, and Engineers to spawn from the door at the end of the ramp pathway. Use Liara's Singularity on the Guardians to leave them vulnerable, and Garrus' Overload on the generator as soon as they pop out, the discharge should take a lot out of their shields and/or health. Try to finish off the Engineers in a hurry, prevent them from setting up any turrets. Once you clear the ramp of any opposition above, gradually move yourself and your squad up to that position.

Once that's done, set yourself up there and take potshots at the enemies coming in from below. Try to take out the Engineers first so they won't set up any turrets, and be careful not to stick your head out for too long, in case you're within the sights of any turrets that're already in place. Troopers and Centurions will often try to come up the ramp, and stairs at the end of it to flank you, but you should be able to see them coming, as long as you're attentive.

Next part of the courtyard isn't so different. You can keep your squad below to draw some fire away from you as you quickly make your way up to the top of the stairs. Guardians will spawn nearby after a few enemies below are taken out, get rid of them fast. For the rest, just make sure you get the Engineers out of the way quickly, and don't let the Centurions get too close. It may help to assign Overload and Singularity to the d-pad to quickly stun them, take out their shields, or pull them out of cover

Thank you very much good sir. Pretty much got it first try with your tactics.

jimmyhowlett

Neo Member
So I just
finished the sanctuary mission where Miranda killed her dad then leaves with her sister. For some reason back on the ship, Tali is getting drunk. When I go talk to her, it sounds like she is mourning Miranda...but Miranda didn't die.
Am I missing something here, or is it just a glitch?

So I just
finished the sanctuary mission where Miranda killed her dad then leaves with her sister. For some reason back on the ship, Tali is getting drunk. When I go talk to her, it sounds like she is mourning Miranda...but Miranda didn't die.
Am I missing something here, or is it just a glitch?

She's not
mourning her, she's toasting her. Tali has some serious daddy issues (like pretty much every BioWare character), and seeing how Miranda handled hers made her think.

MedHead

I also decided to go without the "From Ashes" DLC; apparently I am in the statistical minority on this?

I purchased the DLC, and while I felt it was wrong of EA and Bioware to remove a character that was seemed to be fairly obviously a part of the original game, in the end I don't feel that the character was a worthwhile addition to the game. I think it actually damaged the game history, as I much preferred having the Protheans be mysterious, rather than having one walking around layout out exposition.

I haven't started the game yet because I wanted to finish Lair Of The Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. I just did that today.

I'm a big fan of the series but I haven't been in the country for a while, I got back few weeks ago and finally have a little time to play video games. So few questions here,

1. My room mate has a copy of the game and sitting on the desk. Should I just use his and play the game or go get a new one for the better experience? (Online pass thing)

2. As for the save import, I have a Level 30 Soldier from ME2, should I reset his skills in ME2 and then import over or do it directly? Which one would be a better choice?

I don't think I will have time for a second playthrough, so my first one should be the best experience.

Thanks.

EDIT: Any suggestions as for the class? Considering the team mates you get, I would probably play the game on normal.

Scapegoat

I haven't started the game yet because I wanted to finish Lair Of The Shadow Broker DLC for ME2. I just did that today.

I'm a big fan of the series but I haven't been in the country for a while, I got back few weeks ago and finally have a little time to play video games. So few questions here,

1. My room mate has a copy of the game and sitting on the desk. Should I just use his and play the game or go get a new one for the better experience? (Online pass thing)

2. As for the save import, I have a Level 30 Soldier from ME2, should I reset his skills in ME2 and then import over or do it directly? Which one would be a better choice?

I don't think I will have time for a second playthrough, so my first one should be the best experience.

Thanks.

EDIT: Any suggestions as for the class? Considering the team mates you get, I would probably play the game on normal.
1. The online pass is to access the multiplayer. If you intend to play it or not, you can play your friend's copy and then just enter the code and play multi once you get your own. The 'From Ashes' DLC only comes with the Collectors Edition of the game, and is available for purchase for everyone else (800MSP I believe).

2. When you import a ME2 save you still choose a class and reassign your skill points, so you don't need to do anything!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Thanks.

If you want to change class, then it doesn't matter whether you reset your skills in ME2 or not since all the skill points will be refunded. However, if you plan to keep playing as Soldier, you might want to reset the skills first.

I recommend you at least up your difficulty to at least Hardcore though.

As for Class, just go with whatever you want. Soldier is getting nerfed since one of its biggest boons--ability to carry all weapons unhindered--is rendered moot in ME3 (In fact, Sentinel is a much better class being Soldier than Soldier itself!--my opinion only.)

But... since you'll be playing normal, class differences are not really important.

Well as one of the members suggested, I guess I can start with Hardcore guessing I can switch my difficulty at any point in the game right?

Personally, having played the ME2 DLC last night, I felt that Soldier is boring, I like the powers that Biotics or others have where you can slam people and do variety stuff than just run and gun with different types of Ammo. So I am really considering of switching my classes.

I was wondering about the things that multiplayer does affect the ending of the game, how far is it true? I don't plan on playing any multiplayer, no time for that but I was reading how you get to ready your team for the final battle and multiplayer gives bonus to that which can affect the outcomes of the ending.

iLLmAtlc

Thanks.

Sorry to say but without the online pass you won't be able to get certain endings. This is also a response to sweetvar26. If you don't want to play multiplayer you can download the data pad app on your iOS device to unlock those endings.

However the endings really aren't that different either way so you shouldn't feel compelled at this point to try and get them without beating the game first.

I was under the impression that the online pass is 2400MS points, but I found out that it is 800MS points. I wouldn't mind getting it if it actually does make the single player a better experience. I do not care about the multiplayer but I guess I can try if I do get the pass.

I'm all worried about that 'Galactic Readiness' which the multiplayer can affect the single player experience and the ending.

I'm confused guys, so should I pull the trigger on the online pass?

iLLmAtlc

I say no. Yes the galactic readiness affects the ending but the difference between an ending with the default galactic readiness and maxed out readiness is literally a few seconds. I wouldn't recommend buying the online pass until you've beaten the game once already so you can do a little more research on it to decide for yourself whether it's worth it.

I say no. Yes the galactic readiness affects the ending but the difference between an ending with the default galactic readiness and maxed out readiness is literally a few seconds. I wouldn't recommend buying the online pass until you've beaten the game once already so you can do a little more research on it to decide for yourself whether it's worth it.

So will I be getting a fucked up ending or not necessarily?

Also what's up with the galactic readiness being dropped by few percentage if you don't play the game for some time, that is messed up.

iLLmAtlc

Yeah it drops but leave your console offline and it wont drop.

Fucked up? Not really... I mean they are all pretty much the same. So one can't really be too much more fucked up than another.

Tsukumo

She's not
mourning her, she's toasting her. Tali has some serious daddy issues (like pretty much every BioWare character), and seeing how Miranda handled hers made her think.

It's moment like these in ME 3 script that make me even angrier at how the ending turned up. There was more developing and fleshing out of Tali in that sequence than in the ENTIRE Mass Effect 2 related quest.
Also, and this is soooo OUT I know, I would have gladly took a double date option instead of the mock-sex sequence for a final party of four on the "sniping" bridge with Garrus and Tali plus me and Liara

Yeah it drops but leave your console offline and it wont drop.

Fucked up? Not really... I mean they are all pretty much the same. So one can't really be too much more fucked up than another.

So should I be playing the game offline as in not sign in Xbox Live? I know that if I don't activate my online pass, I won't be connected to the EA servers, right?

iLLmAtlc

So should I be playing the game offline as in not sign in Xbox Live? I know that if I don't activate my online pass, I won't be connected to the EA servers, right?

Not sure i just played with no Internet connection on the ps3

But if you ave o online pass I don't think u have to worry because 50% the default is te lowest possible rating I think.

Alright, starting the game now, I'm on Xbox Live but do not have an online pass for ME3. Hopefully I get a good experience of the game, I love this franchise.

rozay

Banned
Alright, starting the game now, I'm on Xbox Live but do not have an online pass for ME3. Hopefully I get a good experience of the game, I love this franchise.
You don't need the online pass for a good experience, it is only necessary for an additional scene at the end of one ending. If you're not interested in playing multiplayer, watch it on youtube.

Also, all classes can use all guns in ME3, so if you found soldier boring in ME2 you should try a different class.

kuYuri

Rebellion Pack officially announced.

Reinforcements are being deployed to all N7 forces, bringing out some heavy hitters thanks to the new Mass Effect 3 Rebellion DLC Pack! Arriving on Xbox Live, the PlayStation Network and PC on Tuesday, May 29 (Wednesday, May 30 on the PSN in Europe), the Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack will be bringing you more gear, more weapons, more maps, and more kits, available at no additional cost for anyone who redeemed an Online Pass for Mass Effect 3 on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360.

The Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Reegar Carbine, Krysae Sniper Rifle, Cerberus Harrier) as well as equipment, consumables, and six new characters from species that have lost lives or whole planets to the Reapers: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard. The battle continues!

More details here:

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/05/24/mass-effect-3-rebellion-pack/

Announce-41.jpg

Announce-3.jpg

Announce-1.jpg

Brawl96

Hey guys, there was a dent in the metal casing for my ME3 N7 CE and I sent it back to amazon.com after I used all the codes. They sent me a new one with brand new codes a while back, all unused.
I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a trade. The codes are for all N7 exclusive DLC, the Prothean DLC, and the Online Pass. These codes are for PS3 only, but I will accept trades for any and everyone system on the market right now(I have a Wii, PS3, X360, 3DS, PSP, PSV)

Hey guys, there was a dent in the metal casing for my ME3 N7 CE and I sent it back to amazon.com after I used all the codes. They sent me a new one with brand new codes a while back, all unused.
I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a trade. The codes are for all N7 exclusive DLC, the Prothean DLC, and the Online Pass. These codes are for PS3 only, but I will accept trades for any and everyone system on the market right now(I have a Wii, PS3, X360, 3DS, PSP, PSV)

Your better off in this thread, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457688&page=98

Top Bottom