• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Mitsurux

Why the fuck can't I play my game? It's stuck on "checking downloadable content"

Your not alone... i've been stuck like that for weeks...

Only work around i know of is to dissconnect you 360 from the internet and boot up the game... or log in with a non-live profile...

Sai

Anybody know if there's a list of face codes available for the NPC characters throughout the Mass Effect games? I've tried replicating a few in the past with little success. Really wish there were better viewing angles for Shepard's face during the creation menu.

Why the fuck can't I play my game? It's stuck on "checking downloadable content"
That happened to me once before. Cleared my cache, and restarted my 360, and it stopped.

Don't even know if it was necessary to do the former to rectify the issue.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm about to start this game, or should I wait for the bioware ending expansion?

Play the game and once you reach the last mission(its quite obvious when you'll be there), you could wait until the DLC is released in a month or two(or three).

bubnbob

Banned
Your not alone... i've been stuck like that for weeks...

Only work around i know of is to dissconnect you 360 from the internet and boot up the game... or log in with a non-live profile...

I figured it out. It's because I disabled auto-login. I had to disconnect from Live, start the game, enable Auto-Login, reconnect to live, then it went just fine.

If that doesnt work for you... I dunno

Mitsurux

I figured it out. It's because I disabled auto-login. I had to disconnect from Live, start the game, enable Auto-Login, reconnect to live, then it went just fine.

I'll give it a try when i get off work and see what happens...

hopefully this "issue" will be addressed in the next patch? (The ending update?)

Mitsurux

Sorry for the double post but, there was no activity since my last post.

So i did a little looking and there are quite a few comments on Biowares forums about this issue as well.. but nothing offered as a real solution, just work arounds.

So last night i, cleard my Cache and Deleted the title update.

I then loaded up the game, refused the title update (thus diconnecting me from live), and turned on auto login (i was also able to load my game fine under these conditions).

I then when back to the dashboard, reloaded the game, accepted the title update and then i was back to the game hanging at the "Checking dowloadable content" message.

So either the title update itself is the cause, or something to do with the on-line checks the game preforms at the title screen?

(Note: i don't play multiplayer and have not used the on-line pass code etc.)

rozay

Banned
Sorry for the double post but, there was no activity since my last post.

So i did a little looking and there are quite a few comments on Biowares forums about this issue as well.. but nothing offered as a real solution, just work arounds.

So last night i, cleard my Cache and Deleted the title update.

I then loaded up the game, refused the title update (thus diconnecting me from live), and turned on auto login (i was also able to load my game fine under these conditions).

I then when back to the dashboard, reloaded the game, accepted the title update and then i was back to the game hanging at the "Checking dowloadable content" message.

So either the title update itself is the cause, or something to do with the on-line checks the game preforms at the title screen?

(Note: i don't play multiplayer and have not used the on-line pass code etc.)
The recent patch was supposed to fix that issue completely. I think if you're not using the online pass, just play with your 360 offline, as much as a pain in the ass as that is.

Mitsurux

The recent patch was supposed to fix that issue completely. I think if you're not using the online pass, just play with your 360 offline, as much as a pain in the ass as that is.

Yeah, its pretty much the only option i seem to have at this point....

on a side note, how many official patches has the game received so far... 3?

rozay

Banned
Yeah, its pretty much the only option i seem to have at this point....

on a side note, how many official patches has the game received so far... 3?
yep, with not a whole lot fixed. the last one was primarily a multiplayer patch and half of the listed bugfixes weren't actually fixed

iLLmAtlc

2 gigs sounds kinda hefty for a few extra cutscenes.

Should I allow myself to be a little excited?

I'm pretty excited myself. The blog even said there'd be multiple outcomes based on decisions spanning all 3 games. I'll try to approach it with no expectations though and see what happens.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
2 gigs sounds kinda hefty for a few extra cutscenes.

Should I allow myself to be a little excited?

If they're making cutscenes for every available and missing ME1/ME2 squadmates, if
Quarians or Geths were wiped or both saved
, if Rachnis still exist, if Wrex is still alive, if the Genophage was really cured or not, etc... that leaves a lot of possibilities for different cutscenes, thus the 2GB.

I'm hoping it's because of that. Still, they did that DLC rather quickly, so i kinda doubt that they were able to make so many different cutscenes in such a short time...we'll see soon enough.

Is there any penalty whatsoever for not staying loyal to your ME1 love interest in ME2? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have a romance with Jack in ME2 or not before getting this game.

Is there any penalty whatsoever for not staying loyal to your ME1 love interest in ME2? I'm trying to decide if I'm going to have a romance with Jack in ME2 or not before getting this game.

In ME3? There's no penalty. I think you could even forget about Jack and go back to Liara/Ashley (you can also do this with Liara in the Lair of the Shadow Broker ME2 DLC). Or forget about both of them and go for a new love interest.

spekkeh

Banned
You can sleep with anybody in ME2 and then after you finish the game, go back to the Normandy, renounce your love interest and save the game. If you import into ME3 it's as if it never happened.
But I slept with Liara in ME1, with Miranda in ME2 (didn't renounce) and then went with Liara again in ME3, and still got the Paramour achievement.

Dany

Banned
Still though, staying loyal throughout with Liara gives HUGE divedens, her moments are the best in the game as far as character moments.

iLLmAtlc

Pretty much. It seems that she is the only romance that Bioware wanted player to pick.

Totally. What really bugged me was (ending spoiler up ahead)

after you activate the Crucible and it shows some of the characters faces, it shows Liara even if you didn't romance her, and leaves out your actual romance. I really hope they changed this in the extended cut.

Yeah, I hate how they pretty much shove Liara down your throat, forcing you to be her BFF or LI, even if you use renegade options in her convos. Hell, when she tries to attack Javik at one point, you don't even get the option of siding with him, even though the justification for her anger is hilariously retarded. Wish I could just tell her to fuck off a lot of the time (seriously Bioware, I don't want to fucking romance her already). Her terrible voice acting really makes her even more grating. Seriously, just compare how much attention gets devoted to her over your other squadmates. It's irritating as hell.

Liara is perfect. How dare you sir.

She's a good example of writer's favoritism. Boring as hell character combined with godawful voice acting just annoys the shit out of me.
Plus, she's the only squaddie in the whole series to have complete plot armor until the end of ME3.

Overall, I thought the squad selection was disappointingly slim compared with ME2, and there wasn't even any extra depth to each one to compensate, which was what people were hoping for pre-release. Anderson should've joined you, Zaeed and Grunt would've been awesome too.

DTKT

She's a good example of writer's favoritism. Boring as hell character combined with godawful voice acting just annoys the shit out of me.
Plus, she's the only squaddie in the whole series to have complete plot armor until the end of ME3.

Overall, I thought the squad selection was disappointingly slim compared with ME2, and there wasn't even any extra depth to each one to compensate, which was what people were hoping for pre-release. Anderson should've joined you, Zaeed and Grunt would've been awesome too.

I will fight you in the pit of death. How can you not like this scene.

very difficult to have so much in short span,it all arc needed to be pointed,it would be 100 hours game + 2-3 years more in dev cycle.
i am ok with squad selection.Just they improve n explain the more of end and i am good.

Gui_PT

Potentially great scene, greatly hindered by the still-shitty VA.

Ohwow.jpg

Believe me, I've played a lot of games with bad VA (Star Ocean 4, for one). Doesn't make her VA any less shit. Not sure whether it's the actor who's bad, or simply the direction. Her delivery generally just makes me cringe, almost as bad as Mark Meer was as Shepard in the original.

Wasn't a fan of how her personality changed completely in LOTSB, like they wanted to build an entire DLC around her, but the DLC itself didn't really mesh with her character, so they just forced her in and lamely justified why she acts completely differently.

Also, not sure why, but they really made Ashley look like a tranny here.

6a00d8341c022953ef0148c745187a970c-800wi

Mass-Effect-3-Ashley-Williams.jpg

Still, at least Kaidan kept the Elvis sideburns. Total bro, compared Ash, the intolerable cunt.

Tess3ract

Banned

What? Liara has the best voice actor in the entire game. The fuck are you smoking and where can I get some?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Liara was alright until the final third of the game. Then she was all "the horror...THE HORROR" 24/7.

Like ferreal, keep your shit together, Liara.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ali Hillis is both a fine a voice actor and a fine looking woman. She improved a lot as the series went by. Her voice work in ME1 can be pretty sketchy at times, whereas it's a lot more consistent and convincing in ME3. I figure most of her acting issues, like most good VAs, come down to poor voice coaching/directing when in the recording booth. Monotone, plain Liara was intentional, but I'm not sure it always worked.

Of all the major characters across the three games, Strahovski's performance is the most questionable. And again, Yvonne is a fine actor, but her line reading for Miranda came across very much like someone with a lot of screen acting experience and not a lot of voice work. She sounded like she was 'reading' it like she was telling a story as opposed to properly embodying the character.

Good God, Allers. Wonder if IGN have ever heard of "conflict of interest". Then again, lolgamesjournalism. Really makes me wonder how the series would've turned out had EA not bought out Bioware.

Sai

I don't understand how somebody could put Jack's voice actor ahead of anyone else.

Horrid.

Chobot's about the only one who did any worse, but she didn't get much screen time so I didn't mind it as much.

You know what, guys? I'm content now. The ending's not perfect... But I'm happy with how it turned out. Too bad it took three shitty months to get there. :lol

Top Bottom