• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Check, thanks. Will look into. Might not be that attractive to plough tru ME2 again. ME1, can do.

Yeah, i find ME2 the hardest to replay of the 3 games... Scanning planets for minerals, only 2-3 guns for each types, no mods whatsoever, combat having no rolls or heavy melee and with limited control when running, worst talent choices of the 3 games... it plays like a very gimped ME3.

ME1 always have the awesome atmosphere, music and ending to make it worth going back to it while ME3 have all those different kind of weapons and builds to try with the best combat gameplay of the three games.

iLLmAtlc

There's one trophy you can't get from the game without an online pass, the Defender trophy Requires the Galactic Readiness to be 100% in each area which from the game can only be done through MP.

You can raise this by using one of the two Mass Effect apps on iOS, don't know if they are on other platforms, one is paid one is free, it will just take a lot longer to get your readiness up this way though.

Ah. Pretty weird of them to leave one MP only trophy. Pretty cruel to the trophy hunters I'd say!

Gibbeds Save editor, does a bunch of things, like enabling certain flags for the game to pick up what you did in previous titles.
Is great for fixing these sort of silly bugs that shouldn't be there.
It also lets you use mod your character's appearance with options not normally available in the character creator. I just modded my FemShep to use the default Shepard's hairstyle and face textures while keeping my own custom face structure. The end result looks way better. Really wish I knew about this before I finished my playthrough because it'll be a while before I do another FemShep playthrough.

Gibbed also lets you fix the Conrad Verner import bug where no matter what you did in ME1 he always reacted like you intimidated him.

Mitsurux

It also lets you use mod your character's appearance with options not normally available in the character creator. I just modded my FemShep to use the default Shepard's hairstyle and face textures while keeping my own custom face structure. The end result looks way better. Really wish I knew about this before I finished my playthrough because it'll be a while before I do another FemShep playthrough.

Gibbed also lets you fix the Conrad Verner import bug where no matter what you did in ME1 he always reacted like you intimidated him.

Sounds awesome.. is the Gibbeds Save editor PC only???

I liked that BioWare actually acknowledged that in ME3 during Verner's dialog. Made me laugh. :lol

Sounds awesome.. is the Gibbeds Save editor PC only???
Works on Xbox 360 as well, but you have to use a couple other programs to get your 360 save on to your PC. It's nothing too tedious, just a few extra steps than what PC players need to do. I'll try to find a guide for it tonight after I get home from work, unless someone has already done so or you manage to find it with a little googling.

I liked that BioWare actually acknowledged that in ME3 during Verner's dialog. Made me laugh. :lol
Really? What happens? I dealt with the import bug on my playthrough so that's new to me.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Serious screw the
Reaper
fight on
Rannoch
for Insanity.

Can't roll out of the way in time, I've tried running side to side, but always get killed, ridiculous, seems more based on luck than any sort of skill.

Fracas

#fuckonami
(reposted from the halo thread, of all places, haha)
Just to be absolutely clear, I need an effective military strength of 3100 to get what would be considered the "best" ending?

Yopis

Going to finish my second for fun run soon. Only thing I have left is 5000 kills. Overall have enjoyed the game. Still hoping one day to get a Csec game.

Just finished my third run. Have to say, with the Extended Cut installed, it really feels a lot better. There's two things that still bother me, though.

First,
the friggin' Normandy once again landing on a planet just to pick up two measly squadmates. Why couldn't they just send another shuttle down? The Normandy has two.
Second:
Anderson pretty much appearing out of nowhere during the final section. Could just as well have made him a companion, like at the start of the game. And since his radio is working, have him inform somebody he's alive while you're at it.

But really, after all the problems I had with the original ending... This just feels a lot better. Still need to do an Insanity run, but for that I'll probably head back to my Good 'Ol Vanguard.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you have the Extended Cut, that's correct. Otherwise it's 4000, 5000 under certain conditions.

Whatever you do, though, don't play the game without the Extended Cut.

I finished it without the extended cut :/

I'll download it tonight, and redo the ending though.

I finished it without the extended cut :/

I'll download it tonight, and redo the ending though.

kurhrqkmhk.gif

If you have the Extended Cut, that's correct. Otherwise it's 4000, 5000 under certain conditions.

Whatever you do, though, don't play the game without the Extended Cut.
I told him that he needed the Extended Cut for the lower EMS rating in the Halo thread, and he still chose to ignore my warning.

Tsk tsk.

exYle

Serious screw the
Reaper
fight on
Rannoch
for Insanity.

Can't roll out of the way in time, I've tried running side to side, but always get killed, ridiculous, seems more based on luck than any sort of skill.

The homing laser locks on faster if you fire it without moving. Stay at the back of the death box, and when the laser seems to hit the bottom of the cliff, roll away and sprint until you're in the clear. Rinse and repeat.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
How goes the Infiltrator?

Finished Insanity earlier, went really well.

Nothing was really tough besides that silly Rannoch Reaper bit which wasn't really based on class and such. You were quite right about Cryo ammo for the squad, it got me out of some sticky situations like being overrun by husks or just generally freezing enemies which just made things easier as a whole.

Saved up all my money for the first bit and bought the Black Widow like advised, what a beast of a gun that is, worked out really well. Did what you said also with the Cloak > Power > Shot, took out most of the harder enemies this way with ease, and any big enemies were best dealt with the same way along with spamming squad powers and shots.

So yea, it was great advice and a lot safer than the Vangaurd Nova spamming, was good fun too.

The homing laser locks on faster if you fire it without moving. Stay at the back of the death box, and when the laser seems to hit the bottom of the cliff, roll away and sprint until you're in the clear. Rinse and repeat.

I did it in the end, my tactic was to be aiming and as the laser is coming towards Shepard be walking sideways in one direction, as the laser changes direction roll in the opposite way, got past every one with ease without having to run about.

exYle

I did it in the end, my tactic was to be aiming and as the laser is coming towards Shepard be walking sideways in one direction, as the laser changes direction roll in the opposite way, got past every one with ease without having to run about.

I did that the first time I went through, but like I said, the beam charges much faster if you're not moving. The beam (I swear) is either bigger or faster on harder difficulties, and the more times I had to stop and re-adjust my laser, the higher chance I had to screw something up. Eventually, I just gave up the constantly mobile tactic and stood still. I only had to stop firing twice before the orbital bombardment happened.

I just finally started playing mass effect 3.
As soon as i was free I did that DLC quest Ashes to get that new guy added to my group.

is that good idea doing as the very first thing I do?

Sai

I just finally started playing mass effect 3.
As soon as i was free I did that DLC quest Ashes to get that new guy added to my group.

is that good idea doing as the very first thing I do?
Yeah, sure, it's what I do. Get all the possible dialogue out of him.

You won't be able to use him until the
Menae
mission is wrapped up though.

Bisnic

He says that he's still recovering. You just can't take him on that mission.

Menae
is
Palaven's moon
. It's the first priority mission you receive after leaving the Citadel.

I wonder why they decided not to bring him on that mission, if you get Javik after
Palaven moon
, he doesnt need to recover for the duration of one mission before being able to use him.

Tell me GAF...I played the first two Mass Effect games and enjoyed them but for one reason or another, haven't bothered with this one. All I really know about the game is the uproar the ending caused.

How did the rest of the game really stack up? I know there is DLC that expands on the ending but I'm interested in more than just the end of the game. Thanks.

Xevren

Tell me GAF...I played the first two Mass Effect games and enjoyed them but for one reason or another, haven't bothered with this one. All I really know about the game is the uproar the ending caused.

How did the rest of the game really stack up? I know there is DLC that expands on the ending but I'm interested in more than just the end of the game. Thanks.

I loved the rest of the game personally, had a lot of great moments so if you liked the first two you'd probably like it as well.

Bisnic

The rest of the game is good(except maybe the first 20 mins on Earth at the beginning).

Some people hated how its more linear and how you have less choices in dialogues than before(2 choices rather than 3 most of the time and sometimes Shepard talks automatically where normally you would think you could have a choice), but its still a good game despite that. Combat have been improved for the better compared to ME2 with new moves, weapon weights affecting your cooldowns, weapon mods + upgrades and a bigger choice in weapons.

And seeing what happen to the other aliens homeworlds during the Reaper invasion, seeing what they'll finally do with the Genophage and the Geth/Quarian war, what happened to your past crewmates and allies, etc. is all worth it if you're a fan.

And you might fall in love with multiplayer like some of us. It's really fun and addicting, and the tons of shit you can unlock will make sure you play for a long time. Plus, all the multiplayer DLC is free.

But if you do get the game, be sure to do the sidequests as soon as possible, since after a certain event in the game, you wont be able to complete some of them.

EYEL1NER

I looked around briefly on google and didn't see anything but had anyone heard anything about problems still being around with importing characters? I know the faces got patched a while ago but I finally opened my launch copy of the SE (kept waiting to play it for ME2 dlc that never went on sale) and imported my Lvl 30 character from ME2. All choices from ME and ME2 look like they carried over correctly and my face is right. But the problem is that upon taking control of Shepard, my level is only 29, not 30. I know I didn't select an incorrect save because I only have one save for ME2.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Sai

There have been some complaints about levels being imported incorrectly. Can't remember what the root of the problem was though.

I think there was even a guy early on in this thread who started at Lv50.

EYEL1NER

I thought about clearing the cache and going in patchiness but then my face wouldn't import right.
I might just try reimporting and see if that works.

Going to get this game soon. Does the DLC expand the ending or change it completely? I wanted to play the game without it just to see if its as bad as everyone says.

Or i guess i could youtube it.

Bisnic

Going to get this game soon. Does the DLC expand the ending or change it completely? I wanted to play the game without it just to see if its as bas as everyone says.

Or i guess i could youtube it.

The DLC doesnt change completely the ending. It adds some scenes so that we can actually know what happen in some parts or to add more explanations because there was SPECULATIONS FROM EVERYONE.

Honestly there is no point in playing without the extended cut. It's free, so just download it. :p

nel e nel

There's just more dialogue and a slideshow basically

There's additional dialogue throughout the entire game, starting on Mars. Shepard will have some additional inquiry options in certain conversations, and Javik had some expanded dialogue a couple of times I visited him on the Normandy.

Bisnic

There's additional dialogue throughout the entire game, starting on Mars. Shepard will have some additional inquiry options in certain conversations, and Javik had some expanded dialogue a couple of times I visited him on the Normandy.

I'm sure i saw nothing new prior to the last mission in my last run. Maybe you just missed those conversations before the release of the extended cut?

The DLC doesnt change completely the ending. It adds some scenes so that we can actually know what happen in some parts or to add more explanations because there was SPECULATIONS FROM EVERYONE.

Honestly there is no point in playing without the extended cut. It's free, so just download it. :p

Oh. I'll download then.

Do you have a source for this? This article on Mass Effect Wiki details all the additions and changes in the Extended Cut (SPOILER WARNING) and it makes no mention of additional dialogue throughout the game besides some ambient dialogue.

I havnt finished the game yet and Im just about to attack the Cerberus base.

Is this enough war assets?
I really cbf doing anymore side quests and want to finish the game already.

77800508.jpg

rozay

Banned
You will not be able to choose all 3 ending outcomes until you hit 3100 Effective Military Strength with the Extended Cut DLC installed. You would need 6200 for the Total Military Strength with your 50% readiness rate to accomplish this, and if you're already at the cerberus base, it's not likely you can at this point. I think with 1739 EMS, you will only get one option for the endgame.

If you don't feel like doing more sidequests, just finish the game and watch the other endings on youtube

You will not be able to choose all 3 ending outcomes until you hit 3100 Effective Military Strength with the Extended Cut DLC installed. You would need 6200 for the Total Military Strength with your 50% readiness rate to accomplish this, and if you're already at the cerberus base, it's not likely you can at this point. I think with 1739 EMS, you will only get one option for the endgame.

If you don't feel like doing more sidequests, just finish the game and watch the other endings on youtube

This enough now?
I used the save game editor to change it.

25585353.jpg

rozay

Banned
boy you golden

you have enough assets to just blow everything up. the game is over, everybody lives and all the reapers died. your 70000 alliance units blew up the cerberus base too. shepard and whoever you fucked are going to have kids and the galaxy will be a wonderful place. everybody has a happy ending except harbringer

quit while you're ahead and just stop playing now

but seriously yeah, you have 11.8 times as much EMS as you need. hope you enjoy what the game presents to you

Top Bottom