• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Quick question for anyone knows, the Sentinel can roll right? I was playing a Turian sentinel in the demo and noticed he couldn't roll...wasn't sure what was going on.

McNum

This is going to be the first Mass Effect I buy at launch. And at full price, too. Just finishing up a few side-quests on my FemShep Vanguard and she'll be ready. Gonna play it through with my Space Jesus 110% Paragon Infiltrator first, though. He's almost so nice it's creepy. Then he shoots a guy in the head from across the field. That might be a bit of a disconnect, come to think of it... Like Joker said about Thane: The cute and cuddly murderous type.

Amazing op BlueNinja! Love the jokes :)

The best thing about Mass Effect 3 is that I ain't hyped for it like I was for ME2. I don't expect something amazing like ME1 but just something better than ME2. The fear that MP is going to suck exposes itself as wrong. At least if the SP is going to be bad, I'll have a funny and great MP.

Riposte

Vasir as a Vanguard is a mad battle. It's just two blue streaks flying around. That fight could be hard to top.

IMO fights like Vasir should have been in ME2 to begin with. That's the kind of boss battle I expect to see in ME3.

Woorloog

Banned
Excellent OT, Blue Ninja!

Collectors Edition pre-ordered, just playing one final Shepard (well, the only one as i've forgotten what sort of Shepards the others were...*), hopefully i manage to finish ME2 too before the launch so that i can import him right away.

*I didn't bother naming them. Mostly. And even when i did, i forgot what they did in ME1... and 2. This final Shepard is called Ranier, it was the first name beginning with R (to denote Renegade) i came up with... Hate it but thankfully the first name is not said in-game ever...

I love the game, but I seem to have forgotten everything about it. I see people mentioning characters and I keep having to go and google them to know who they were. Like this Thane guy or Ashley... maybe it's because I only played in a squad with that big grunt guy and the girl who could teleport all over the place.

No offense, honestly, but I just can't understand how someone can "love" a game so much and not even pay attention to what's going on (i.e the characters you meet)...

Bravo on the OP being one post long.

I want to love this game, but the demo worried me. 2 was a huge step down, so I'm not loving my chances of thinking this is a return to form. Not long to wait now I guess!

If you want the complete game for the release, you will have to pay 870 Dollar ! ^^

Collector's Edition (needed to obtain all content):

$80 - N7 Collector's Edition

Pre-order bonuses:

AT-12 Raider - Origin pre-order bonus
Chakram Launcher - Play the Kingdoms of Alamur demo
M-55 Argus - Pre-order bonus for select retailers
N7 Weapons pack - N7 Edition bonus
N7 Hoodie - N7 Edition bonus
N7 Warfare Gear - Pre-order bonus for select retailers
Reckoner Knight Armor - Play the Kingdoms of Alamur demo
Robotic Dog - N7 Edition bonus
Squad Outfit pack - N7 Edition bonus

Auxiliary purchases:

Unannounced price for the iOS game Mass Effect Infiltrator, which can affect the main game.

$10 day one "From Dust" DLC

$44.99 for the Liara figurine - which oddly enough now comes with multiplayer unlock DLC

$24.99 for The Art of Mass Effect Universe - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$80 for four Mass Effect 3 toys - "Slightly randomized" multiplayer unlock DLC

$59.99 for the Mass Effect 3 controller - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$209.99 for the Chimera 5.1 Headset - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$34.99 for the Mousepad - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$79.99 for the Messenger Bag - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$24.99 for the iPhone case - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$79.99 for the Mouse - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

$139.99 for the Keyboard - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

If you want the complete game for the release, you will have to pay 870 Dollar ! ^^

Considering a lot of those are collectors Assault rifle I think your wrong.

And I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure the multiplayer stuff is early access and the ashes dlc is part of the CE so you won't have to buy that along side the N7 pack. Iv spent £70 and in fairly sure ill be able to use every single bit of content in ME3

Amazing OT OP!
Preodered the collectores edition, and my friend in the store says it comes also with a Normandy model in their store!
My PC is ready, my body is ready. But my ultimate Mass Effect 2 save is not. I need to run!

LCfiner

Long ago, I realized that none of those retailer exclusive DLC bullshit defines a "complete game".

I live stress-free knowing that that some funky gun or useless robot dog adds virtually nothing to the experience.

I don't understand why they never did a cross promotion with dead space, dead space armour is 100x more relevant that kingdoms armour

The only way this game will disappoint me is if it turns out that somehow Ashley survived the bomb I left her ass with. I can only imagine the attitude that bitch would get.

Can't wait to play!

...I should probably play ME2. My memories how fucking awesome ME1 was have defeated my repulsion at what EA has chosen to show of this game, because the OP makes it sound awesome.

Hopefully the inevitable GOTY edition has all the bonus stuff! I'll have to wait until then, probably. :/

Bioloff

Neo Member
OP has a ton of personality, I love it.

Nice job. I'm waiting until tuesday for my CE on tuesday. Totally excited.

...I should probably play ME2. My memories how fucking awesome ME1 was have defeated my repulsion at what EA has chosen to show of this game, because the OP makes it sound awesome.

Hopefully the inevitable GOTY edition has all the bonus stuff! I'll have to wait until then, probably. :/
They didn't do this with ME2, why would they with ME3?

Dan Yo

Banned
Has there been a post breaking down exactly what each DLC item is and from where? I know there are exclusive DLC bonuses for pre-orders at various retailers, Collector's Edition, pre-ordering books, buying toys, IOS games, etc.

The list would be daunting, but I was wondering if there was one more comprehensive than what is detailed in the OP.

Probably the biggest clusterfuck of a strategy for game DLC that I've ever heard of or seen in a game. Extremely aggravating and is really the only thing turning me off from the game at the moment.

(edit) never mind, a few posts up there is a pretty decent list.

Cornbread78

It's a bird it's a plane, it's Space Jesus!

Seriously, I can't wait to rock this $hit. Finally available on my PS3 at launch!

Snookie

I'm so ready for this game. I'm just a tad bummed my
yeoman kelly chambers
wont be making the trip since i opted to quest instead of rushing to finish ME2.

BTW can we start a origin friends list? I'd love the play the MP aspect with some gaffers...my origin friend list is empty =\ My origin ID is fluffydelusions btw if anyone wants to add me.

Has there been a post breaking down exactly what each DLC item is and from where? I know there are exclusive DLC bonuses for pre-orders at various retailers, Collector's Edition, pre-ordering books, buying toys, etc.

The list would be daunting, but I was wondering if there was one more comprehensive than what is detailed in the OP.

Probably the biggest clusterfuck of a strategy for game DLC that I've ever heard of or seen in a game. Extremely aggravating and is really the only thing turning me off from the game at the moment.

Only DLC that matters is the preorder N7 warfare gear and the the Argus rifle. Everything else you get with the CE or the KoA demo. With the exception of the day 1 dlc which is included with the CE Also

The collectors assault rifle is available to those who had it in ME2 or via the host of content such as figures and stuff. The multiplayer content is early access only as far as I can tell

Top Bottom