• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dan Yo

Banned
Only DLC that matters is the preorder N7 warfare gear and the the Argus rifle. Everything else you get with the CE or the KoA demo. With the exception of the day 1 dlc which is included with the CE Also

The collectors assault rifle is available to those who had it in ME2 or via the host of content such as figures and stuff. The multiplayer content is early access only as far as I can tell
Is there a retailer that offers both the n7 warfare gear and the Argus rifle in their pre-order?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I have successfully avoided most spoilers (outside of the demo) for this game. Should be an experience, and undoubtably one that spawns at least 2 OTs and hundreds of side threads!

Kaper

Nice OP, I lol'd at the vanguard class icon.

If Kai Leng comes at me with a toothbrush I don't know what I'll do.

OgnVk.jpg
?

I'm glad I haven't seen anything from this game except the demo. That doesn't happen with me and big profile games very often. Very very excited about next week.

I have unsuccessfully avoided all spoilers except for the script leak. That said, SO HYPE. I still need to pull myself away from my FF6 playthrough to get done with my insanity ME2 playthrough (finally got down to it and did the collector ship). I already have my canon playthrough ready (full paragon points through ME1 and 2 on a soldier with one of the default male-sheps, only aged more) although I'll probably have to do some more questing in ME2 to see if I can get to level 30. don't know if that's possible on a first time playthrough of normal mode though, since this is the first character I beat it with.

FHIZ

The real question is... will I be able to punch that reporter for the third time? As soon as I see her, no matter how paragon I am, POW, right in the kisser!

Anyways, waiting for my amazon credit from SSX to come in so I can pre order.

Dan Yo

Banned
N7 Warfare gear is exclusive to GAMESTOP and the argus is available everywhere so GameStop nets you both.
So pre-ordering collector's edition from GS will get most of the stuff then? Nothing important comes out of the IOS game or any of the other stuff?

So pre-ordering collector's edition from GS will get most of the stuff then? Nothing important comes out of the IOS game or any of the other stuff?

Grab the CE from GS and play the Kingdoms demo and you will have all the content apart from Collectors Assault Rifle

Big Baby Budda said:
The N7 gear is also included in the digital deluxe edition from Origin.

Nope the DD edition includes regular N7 Gear which is a fe unique skinned weapons, N7 Warfare gear is exclusive to GS in the US and Game In the Uk which include N7 defender armour and N7 Rifle

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
The real question is... will I be able to punch that reporter for the third time? As soon as I see her, no matter how paragon I am, POW, right in the kisser!

Anyways, waiting for my amazon credit from SSX to come in so I can pre order.

You should be able to make out with her this time.

Considering a lot of those are collectors Assault rifle I think your wrong.

And I may be wrong but I'm fairly sure the multiplayer stuff is early access and the ashes dlc is part of the CE so you won't have to buy that along side the N7 pack. Iv spent £70 and in fairly sure ill be able to use every single bit of content in ME3

Each Collector Assault Rifle Upgrade is a bonus upgrade to the weapon.

So with all the stuff you can get it to +6 or something like that.

derFeef

Is there detailed info on weapon restrictions dependend on class-choice?
I read it's lifted a bit, but by how much?

So the appeal of using soldier is now completely nonexistent.

The soldier's specific appeal has been lessened to a degree, but I believe the soldier's powers aren't affected by encumbrance (amount of weapons you carry), so your powers won't be affected.

Also if I recall correctly, the soldier is the only one who can carry 6 weapons at once (pistol, shotgun, smg, assault rifle, sniper rifle, and heavy weapon), while the other classes can carry a max of any 3 at a time.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody know from where you'll be able to buy the day 1 DLC on PC? My friend only has the regular version pre-ordered on Origin so he'll need it separately. We can't find it on Origin or on the Bioware site.

I know that ME2's DLC was bought through the Bioware store but now that Origin supports DLC I wonder where ME3's DLC will end up.

Reuenthal

Banned
I can't wait to A) play it B) enter the inevitable debate threads about which ME game is better from the 3.

I liked the first two games and my expectations for this is that it will be the best of the three. I hope I am right.

The_Monk

Great OT, thanks for taking time with this OP.

I never thought I would be such a Mass Effect fan. Have ME1 on the 360, then played on a friend's house ME2, then another friend gave me a US PSN Card and I got the Digital version of ME2 to play on my Euro account and now I'll end up getting the Collectors Edition for the PS3.

I can't wait. Jack is dead from ME2, The arrival DLC is the only missing part I do not own, tempted to get the Art Book (thanks to EatChildren...)

Two Questions:

- Does anyone know if the Art Book that comes with the CE is similar to FORZA 4, Dark Souls one?

- I've been using the Soldier class for a while, what's the best option if I want to remain mostly guns-combat but with some other powers too?

I'm on the hype train again, I even put my lady on hype, Lol.

Kyoufu

The best thing would've been to go back to using individual power cooldowns and let you train in different weapons to increase their efficiency.

This system is just a badly implemented check on power cooldowns.

Agreed. Global Cooldown just kills the flow of being a badass. At least Nova isn't on the GCD.

The Widow and Carnifex are easily the best weapons in the demo, by incredible margins. I hear from a dev on the Bioware social network that the demo only showcases half of the weapons / gear things that are available on the full game.

Great OT, thanks for taking time with this OP.

I never thought I would be such a Mass Effect fan. Have ME1 on the 360, then played on a friend's house ME2, then another friend gave me a US PSN Card and I got the Digital version of ME2 to play on my Euro account and now I'll end up getting the Collectors Edition for the PS3.

I can't wait. Jack is dead from ME2, The arrival DLC is the only missing part I do not own, tempted to get the Art Book (thanks to EatChildren...)

Two Questions:

-Does anyone know if the Art Book that comes with the CE is similar to FORZA 4, Dark Souls one?

- I've been using the Soldier class for a while, what's the best option if I want to remain mostly guns-combat but with some other powers too?

I'm on the hype train again, I even put my lady on hype, Lol.

I guess vanguard then but if you wanna use all guns then go back to soldier.

The Widow and Carnifex are easily the best weapons in the demo, by incredible margins. I hear from a dev on the Bioware social network that the demo only showcases half of the weapons / gear things that are available on the full game.

Jeah i cant wait to see if there is better stuff in the release but for now iam aiming for Carnifex nad Widow. :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've been reading some planet descriptions in ME2 yesterday, and its nice seeing all those little details that i bet 90% of people ignore. Hopefully it will be just as interesting in ME3.

Still, its disappointing to see descriptions like "And the huge scar on the south hemisphere..." or "geysers so strong they're visible from space" and, curious, i turn the planet around with the scanner and all i see is craters. And i expect the same copy/paste planets in ME3. Maybe we'll get real unique planets visible from space in next-gen ME4. *sigh*

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The best thing would've been to go back to using individual power cooldowns and let you train in different weapons to increase their efficiency.

This system is just a badly implemented check on power cooldowns.

Disagree on both fronts.

Top Bottom