• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

grkazan12

It's not a huge problem but I guess I have to settle for the 360 version. Really wanted to get this on PC since I have 2, but there is no way to transfer a save from the 360 to the PC.

Still excited regardless, lessssggooooo.

Kyoufu

Disagree on both fronts.

There is no disadvantage to having individual cooldowns. Why not let people chain biotics?

Warp explosions, Charge explosions etc are all in the game for a reason. If you let people pick a class that is designed to be the "mage" that doesn't require a gun to kill an enemy then I don't see why he/she has to hide in cover in between each use of a biotic.

The_Monk

I just remembered, can I still download and play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to get the ME3 stuff? Or is it too late? Any info on what I need to do in the demo and it's worth even if I'll be getting the ME3 CE?

Thanks for answering, fellow GAFfers.

derFeef

Weapon training was bad in ME1. I remember playing Infiltrator with my first character and I threw it away because the Sniper Rifle was useless in the first few hours - not talking that the class had nothing else really interesting.

Kyoufu

I just remembered, can I still download and play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to get the ME3 stuff? Any info on what I need to do in the demo and it's worth even if I'll be getting the ME3 CE?

Yeah I downloaded the Amalur demo off US PSN yesterday and it had a popup saying I unlocked the ME3 items for when I buy ME3.

I just remembered, can I still download and play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to get the ME3 stuff? Any info on what I need to do in the demo and it's worth even if I'll be getting the ME3 CE?

Thanks for answering, fellow GAFfers
The answers lie.......... in the OP.

Samara

I just remembered, can I still download and play the Kingdoms of Amalur demo to get the ME3 stuff? Or is it too late? Any info on what I need to do in the demo and it's worth even if I'll be getting the ME3 CE?

It's a pretty long demo. You have to wait 40 minutes to get the armor. That's after you finished the tutorial.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There is no disadvantage to having individual cooldowns. Why not let people chain biotics?

Warp explosions, Charge explosions etc are all in the game for a reason. If you let people pick a class that is designed to be the "mage" that doesn't require a gun to kill an enemy then I don't see why he/she has to hide in cover in between each use of a biotic.

Eh, I guess so. But I feel the new system largely negates the universal cool down issues that ME2 introduced. Mostly I'm just against weapon proficiencies driven by incremental stat increases, because I firmly believe math values of that kind have no place in a purely skill driven combat environment. It worked in KOTOR for the reasons it doesn't work in Mass Effect, in my opinion.

Individual cool downs could come back, but I don't really think biotics are going to have a problem in ME3.

Kem0sabe

I've been reading some planet descriptions in ME2 yesterday, and its nice seeing all those little details that i bet 90% of people ignore. Hopefully it will be just as interesting in ME3.

Still, its disappointing to see descriptions like "And the huge scar on the south hemisphere..." or "geysers so strong they're visible from space" and, curious, i turn the planet around with the scanner and all i see is craters. And i expect the same copy/paste planets in ME3. Maybe we'll get real unique planets visible from space in next-gen ME4. *sigh*

Next gen ME4 will be a COD style FPS, i doubt there will be much planet exploration going on. :)

The Widow and Carnifex are easily the best weapons in the demo, by incredible margins. I hear from a dev on the Bioware social network that the demo only showcases half of the weapons / gear things that are available on the full game.

Dam already thought the demo was packed with upgrades and weapons hope that stuff is also in the singleplayer.

And dam did my eyes deceive me did the widow maker kill the atlas pilot in one shot in that video.

I've been reading some planet descriptions in ME2 yesterday, and its nice seeing all those little details that i bet 90% of people ignore. Hopefully it will be just as interesting in ME3.

Still, its disappointing to see descriptions like "And the huge scar on the south hemisphere..." or "geysers so strong they're visible from space" and, curious, i turn the planet around with the scanner and all i see is craters. And i expect the same copy/paste planets in ME3. Maybe we'll get real unique planets visible from space in next-gen ME4. *sigh*

Wouldn't be surprised if they seeded the galaxy procedural.

Finish tutorial, start the 40 minutes gameplay time and then go and take a nap!

I've been playing as an Infiltrator a lot and I managed to get one of these in one of the first packs I ever got.

I hate you now... ;)

Kem0sabe

Agree with you disagreeing you on both fronts.

With how the powers have advanced and developed, it would be a total spam fest should powers have individual cooldowns.

Kinda makes sense in terms of the story

Spam fest is playing a biotic with a carnifex in ME3... there´s praticly no cool down involved... just spam spam spam... headshot!

Probably to push their "synergy" agenda; they want you to use other squad members to chain powers. Of course this falls apart depending on who you've got with you.

They at least recognized how much it sucked using a power then waiting, use a power then waiting, etc... in ME2, but instead of doing the reasonable thing and go back to individual cooldown they just made the global cooldown variable depending on how much weight you're carrying.

So either the cooldown will become annoying forcing you to wait too long (like ME2) or quick enough that you can spam constantly (like the opening level in ME3) with no strategy required.

Mass Effect 3 review - Series' best yet, claims first verdict - German mag calls sequel "constantly thrilling"

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337440/mass-effect-3-review-series-best-yet-claims-first-verdict/

The first Mass Effect 3 review has arrived via German mag Gamestar, which calls the BioWare sequel "the most compelling experience in the franchise yet."

:D

it-has-begun.jpeg

Wonder if they'll let you repick your class again if you already have a save. I went through the first 2 games as an Adept but with no stasis, I may need to pick another class. Anyone know what abilities are good against armor?

Wonder if they'll let you repick your class again if you already have a save. I went through the first 2 games as an Adept but with no stasis, I may need to pick another class. Anyone know what abilities are good against armor?

YOu can change the class right from the start. :)

Weapon training was bad in ME1. I remember playing Infiltrator with my first character and I threw it away because the Sniper Rifle was useless in the first few hours - not talking that the class had nothing else really interesting.

But by the end, the most powerful sniper rifle with High Explosive Rounds X was like firing the Mako cannon from your shoulder.

Patryn

ME1 and ME2 are probably my favorite games this gen. Based off the multiplayer and demo, no way this will disappoint me. I AM READY.

ME1 is my favorite game ever.

I have no interest in multiplayer.

And ME2 is, to me, a good game but also a bad ME game.

So I have worries.

ME1 is my favorite game ever.

I have no interest in multiplayer.

And ME2 is, to me, a good game but also a bad ME game.

So I have worries.

Have you tried the multiplayer? I immediately wrote it off initially and was a skeptic from the first time they announced it. After playing it, I couldn't be more wrong.

Hell I made a poll on BSN seeing who did and didn't want multiplayer, when most people were against it, me included.

Has there been any word on how the former game’s choices are decided? Will there be a story set up in like ME2 were you choose who lived/died, etc.? Unfortunately I lost my ME2 save when my 360 HDD crashed a few months ago and haven’t had the time to run back through it. Hoping I can recreate it as close as possible with some setup in the beginning of ME3, though.

Kem0sabe

Have you tried the multiplayer? I immediately wrote it off initially and was a skeptic from the first time they announced it. After playing it, I couldn't be more wrong.

Hell I made a poll on BSN seeing who did and didn't want multiplayer, when most people were against it, me included.

The MP would be fine if it weren´t for the random unlocks.

elcranky

Banned
Eh, I guess so. But I feel the new system largely negates the universal cool down issues that ME2 introduced. Mostly I'm just against weapon proficiencies driven by incremental stat increases, because I firmly believe math values of that kind have no place in a purely skill driven combat environment. It worked in KOTOR for the reasons it doesn't work in Mass Effect, in my opinion.

Individual cool downs could come back, but I don't really think biotics are going to have a problem in ME3.

The one bad thing about ME series is the shooter creep. The combat should be 100% stat based, especially on consoles given the massive lag inherent in wireless controllers. It is still the best IP of the gen, but 100% stat based combat would have bumped it up several notches on the all time list.

Patryn

You fail to understand. I don't dislike ME's multiplayer. I dislike multiplayer in general.

Top Bottom