• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

For medium settings, the graphics sure the hell look good on my dell xps laptop...even with a 960m video card. But it feels like the lighting can be toned down a bit. When you power up the nexus, the colors looks washed out.

Some thoughts after playing a bit.

First, Addison. I get this feeling that she some sort of AI human robot and not an actual human. Compare her voice & comments to other humans you talk to and it is definitely not the same.

Love the power/level up system and god damn I love having biotic powers in this. Using push & pull is sweet and very valuable to have in fights. In fact, I may replay ME 1-3 and use biotic powers.

Compared to other games, I find the animations not a big issue. Granted, it does have some quirks, but they don't bother me. The eyes do look a bit weird though. Overall, I find the models really good...but not witcher 3 good.

Some may (or do) hate it but I really enjoy the conversations between squad mates during missions.

Granted, I only did a tiny amount of scanning as I haven't left the nexus yet to get my new ship & head to the first planet. With that said, I like it and looking forward to using it much more as the game progresses.

the UI doesn't bother me at all as I seen worse. It will take time to get used to but already figured out how to change objectives.

personally, this is a Mass Effect game and I love it.

EDIT: forgot about the writing/conversations aspect. they are weird and could've used a couple of edits and revisions. But (and I hate this saying) it is what it is and I've seen better and I've seen worse (even on TV). Just got to live with it. But to me, it's not the end of the world.

Played for about 3 hours earlier, including character creation.

I've witnessed the spots where the funny gifs happen, like the woman who moonwalk across the room, or the guy who freezed on the right, or when Ryder doing a duck run. None of those happened to me. Some of the duck lips are intact though and happen here and there. But nonetheless, it's a new Mass Effect game that I've been waiting for. I like the story so far, can't wait to progress further tonight.

Haruko

This has probably been asked but search didnt turn up anything helpful, but:

I have digital super deluxe edition on PC, and my wife bought the regular.

She gets this message any time she tries to Join me or accept an Invite from me:

iO1sQNt.jpg

When she starts a party and invites me, it works... Is there an actual fix for this though? Does she just need to always be host? If so, that's pretty dumb...

Kyoufu

Has anyone acquired equipment in multiplayer? I've been playing a bunch and haven't gotten any from loot packs. What's up with that?

ViciousDS

Banned
is this a bug or something?

standing completely still and my camera is bouncing like aiming sniper......but I'm on the nexus.....da hell

Whales

Banned
just finished the intro

the game feeks very good to play and its fun. The story is interesting enough to make me curious.

Mass effect is finally back

MBison

I was just playing and just to the tram so not far and my pc just shut off. I have a 980ti and set everything to ultra at 2500x1600, did my temps go nuts? What's a good program to monitor my temps and what should they not go above in Celsius?

Bah.

Ok I have a problem. I'm trying to load my game, and I get an error message that reads

"Save Data Error
Failed to load save data. This save was created with the full version of the game and cannot be used with the trial. "

Am I playing on a different version or something? Has this been covered before or has anyone experienced this issue?

EekTheKat

MP is quite good, but.......

there are some mechanics changes that's not going to make things very easy to adapt to. Took a long time to adapt to the Widow with no
reload cancelling

Currently doing bronze still, I lost about 400000000000000 xp and credits worth of matches so far due to being disconnected right at the extraction screen many MANY times, so I might slow down playing MP for a bit. But I rung up an old friend and we had a ball re-living the glory days so far.

Haruko

This has probably been asked but search didnt turn up anything helpful, but:

I have digital super deluxe edition on PC, and my wife bought the regular.

She gets this message any time she tries to Join me or accept an Invite from me:

iO1sQNt.jpg

When she starts a party and invites me, it works... Is there an actual fix for this though? Does she just need to always be host? If so, that's pretty dumb...

Well, my PC blue screened, and after restarting the game, she's able to accept my invites now.

Hell of a fix
BdPwyrt.png

MBison

Ok mass effect shuts my pc completely off when using the tram. What the hell lol. No way it got hot enough at the same exact point.

I turned film grain off, hate it in games and I hate it in shows or movies too. CA is off too I think, because I thought it looked ever so slightly more crisp.

THank you for the response. After going back and forth a few times it did seem like turning CA off produced a shaper image. CA seemed to soften things a little for me

nOoblet16

I'm not sure about film grain as that's a setting that some people might prefer due to the aesthetic it provides but CA is absolutely wrong in this game (tbh it's shit in every game and does nothing, except in games like Alien Isolation)

The art style and the actual visuals in this game are crisp, clean and vibrant...CA just undoes all of that.

Lol my first run with muliplayer went horribly. Kept dying like crazy; I bet my teammates were glad when I finally died so they could concentrate on finishing the mission.

mikemandey

So uh going by what I've seen so far it seems the game isn't altogether ass, just extremely uneven in spots? Like at times it looks gorgeous and at others it's just "The hell am I watching?"

Of course.. That's why the average score for the time being is 75.. Worse than the predecessors but still a good game

Whales

Banned
can you change your characters face a little bit after starting a game?

I just noticed my ryder's eyes are too dark and its bothering me lol

On the PS4, what is with people joining lobbies and not readying up? I mean like minutes on end.

Maybe it's a server thing?

You're not connected to a server at that point, it's P2P. They should probably institute a 30 or 60 second countdown once 3 players have readied up. Or allow the host to initiate the countdown after a certain amount of time or something.

RoKKeR

Just got the Tempest. Looking forward to things opening. The lighting for this whole section has been god awful though... very strange time of day, super harsh and bright lights on the tempest and people's faces... just felt so out of place on the Nexus.

This Galaxy map though... hawt.

Quick question about the level 3 hazards... Do I have to research better equipment to explore those areas or do they clear up later on their own?

SliChillax

In the Ryder family secrets quest, I can't find one of the memory triggers on Havarl. It's on the map I don't know how to access it because it's on a floor above. Map doesn't say above where, which entrance etc.

Have been having fun with the game so far. It's got problems yes, but but very damn good if you like Mass Effect.

Got a crazy ass bug earlier when i restarted the game because i disliked my character.

In Habitat 7, traded kill shots at the last second before a cutscene was initiated and then the whole conversation went through with the screen that says you were killed lol

I could even choose between choices of the conversation, then my character dropped dead after the conversation lol

So good i saved the vid.

I'm not sure about film grain as that's a setting that some people might prefer due to the aesthetic it provides but CA is absolutely wrong in this game (tbh it's shit in every game and does nothing, except in games like Alien Isolation)

The art style and the actual visuals in this game are crisp, clean and vibrant...CA just undoes all of that.

Indeed. Fortunately it's an option even on PS4 version. The first thing that I turned off.

Goodness this game is rubbish in so many ways. It just feels like Im attempting to control a mouse and keyboard with my PS4. I can't see any of the text it is so small. Gunplay is probably the worst Ive ever seen this gen. Rhe characters and animation are straight out of the PS3.

I am disappointed in myself. I had this as a no brainer buy and didnt do any research beforehand.

tootie923

You're not connected to a server at that point, it's P2P. They should probably institute a 30 or 60 second countdown once 3 players have readied up. Or allow the host to initiate the countdown after a certain amount of time or something.

ME3 had two timers, one longer countdown timer for three people ready, and a shorter one for four. I noticed today that ME:A doesn't have that.

a916

You can swing the camera around during conversations, here i thought the camera was messed up in some of the previews

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just got the Tempest. Looking forward to things opening. The lighting for this whole section has been god awful though... very strange time of day, super harsh and bright lights on the tempest and people's faces... just felt so out of place on the Nexus.

This Galaxy map though... hawt.
The lighting and shadows (if there's any - nope) is awful on the Tempest and Nexus, yes. These locations are super clean and sterile and lack any kind of atmospheric / valumetric lighting, shadows etc. and so unpleased to look at compared to DXMD for example where all of this was amazing in indoor locations, damn, even in ME2 the lighting in indoor locations were really cool, take Omega for example. Uh, such a waste. In pre-release footage from E3 2016 the lighting and all that was amazing, but in the full version was suverely downgraded for no reason. I mean, at least with more complex lighting and shadows you can justify really high GPU requirements, but when you look at Tempest or Nexus.... there's just absolutely zero justifictation for all this.

Outdoor environments on the other hand is absolutely stunning and damn, what an upgrade from the previous trilogy. Simply amazing.

_woLf

Really dumb question, but how do I take screenshots on PC?

Geforce Experience/Shadowplay doesn't seem to work in the game and print screen makes it really low resolution. :/

is there some upgrade or something I can get for the nomad to deal with highly radiated areas? I posted about this the other day and someone said it was just for the trial to stop you from progressing, but its still here. I dont really understand how to just explore lol

Top Bottom