• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Holy shit, that extended director's cut video is so damn good. Sent chills down my spine even though I'd played through a lot of what's in that video already and yup, it's all in-game footage.

chespace said:
Holy shit, that extended director's cut video is so damn good. Sent chills down my spine even though I'd played through a lot of what's in that video already and yup, it's all in-game footage.

Wait, do you mean the new Yahoo ad is in game?

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
BenjaminBirdie said:
Whoops. Che meant the other video available on yahoo.

Yeah, the one that's like 2:15 secs long or whatever.

I'm still not used to seeing these trailers because the main character is stone-faced Shephard and he doesn't look like the Mass Effect I've been experiencing. :)

Lebron

Uncle said:
They use the same theme for the print ads, don't they?
Yeah, kind of. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to recall the main tagline being "Dilemma' doesn't even begin to describe it" with Sheperd and company staring up at the stars(planets). I did however have other words like saying deciding on who to save and who to let perish and what not.

Anyway, no matter, that commercial(has to be judging by the length) was just ace. Can't wait till I see it about 20 times a day on ESPN:lol

Uncle

Lebron said:
Yeah, kind of. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I seem to recall the main tagline being "Dilemma' doesn't even begin to describe it" with Sheperd and company staring up at the stars(planets).

And, IIRC, the sky was full of distress calls.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
And people were getting worried with the Green Machine's marketing for this game. It's going to be everywhere

Lebron

Uncle said:
And, IIRC, the sky was full of distress calls.
yeah, the SOS signals right? They also had some text like, "who will you let perish", "who will you save", and stuff like that I think. So yeah, it falls pretty in line with the TV ad now that I think about it. Good job by MS marketing. They really can shine when they want to :p

BenjaminBirdie said:
I love the subsequent close-up of Shepard. Really nailed the whole thing home. 11/20 is going to RRAAWWWKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I liked when Garius opens his mouth to say something and Ashley just raises her hand silencing him.

Lots of non-verbal communication, rare for a video game.

Nolan.

Why must I always be good. Honestly I don't think I'll be able to break the habit of doing the right thing. That ''request denied'' one is kind of sad.

Nolan.

Subarushian said:
I liked when Garius opens his mouth to say something and Ashley just raises her hand silencing him.

Yea it made me think ''and he's suppose to be the heartless one''.

Lebron

Subarushian said:

Yeah, I liked that part too. Really well done

gah, I'm going to have to bust a Eric Cartman and freeze myself for 12 days...
*makes his way to the freezer*

Naeblish

The tv ad looks insanely awesome. And the E3 director's cut is still the most epic game trailer i have ever seen, like che said, still sends chills down my spine every time i see it.

Belgorim

Nolan. said:
So is it an ad for just yahoo or will it be showing up on tv?, would be a pretty attention grabbing tv ad.
according to people who should know on the bioware-forums (you know, the ones with bioware-tags), its the tv commercial.

GhaleonEB

Nolan. said:
So is it an ad for just yahoo or will it be showing up on tv?, would be a pretty attention grabbing tv ad.
The short version is the TV ad.

Nice to see a game used to sell the game, if you know what I mean. It's effective as all hell.

GhaleonEB

Belgorim said:
according to people who should know on the bioware-forums (you know, the ones with bioware-tags), its the tv commercial.
And just to add that, MS put out a PR about it yesterday; I posted it a few pages back. The relevant snippet is:

As the Nov. 20 launch date for “Mass Effect” for Xbox 360 draws nigh, the threat of an alien rogue force looms ever closer. To help unlock some of the secrets and mysteries of the vast universe in the highly-anticipated action RPG, Microsoft and Yahoo! will debut the exclusive television trailer for the upcoming game on Thursday, Nov. 8.
It's the TV ad. Thank god.

Nolan.

Belgorim said:

Wow, well done to everyone that put that together. Honestly I didn't see what was great about the gears ad (and that did good it would seem). Though this is appealing, I mean who wouldn't stop to listen to someone in distress.

dejay

Banned
Good commercial - can't wait to see it in HD. The feeling of reluctant, pragmatic cold-heartedness in order to save the galaxy comes across well. 'Tis the true stuff of space opera.

yukoner

temp said:
Yeah, maybe if it ended with a picture of God's face.

Don't get me wrong, it's cool.

I just think that since the story is so good in this game, they had the opportunity to do something much more engrossing, more like a movie-trailer.

yukoner said:
Don't get me wrong, it's cool.

I just think that since the story is so good in this game, they had the opportunity to do something much more engrossing, more like a movie-trailer.

BioWare sez a full trailer is coming.

RTS83

What the flying fuck on a stick?! Do my eyes deceive me or was that not the single greatest ad in all of videogame history. Oh, this game will be dark, KOTOR was a kid's game of good and evil...

Tonight, I'll need 10 of you, I'll supply the black van with no plates, black ninja suits, and night vision goggles...tonight we infiltrate MGS and steal 10 copies of this game...the wait has become unbearable.

Amannamederic said:
What the flying fuck on a stick?! Do my eyes deceive me or was that not the single greatest ad in all of videogame history. Oh, this game will be dark, KOTOR was a kid's game of good and evil...

Tonight, I'll need 10 of you, I'll supply the black van with no plates, black ninja suits, and night vision goggles...tonight we infiltrate MGS and steal 10 copies of this game...the wait has become unbearable.

What about your copy:D

Top Bottom