• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect |OT| Alien love in an elevator

Memphis Reigns said:
FuCK! I can't play ME anymore because it keeps freezing and my 360 is giving me disc unreadable errors. This is probably more a case of my 360 dying, but has anyone experienced this with ME?

I get the same thing except its happening to Assassins Creed too dammit.

Dante

Started last night, Story is awesome so far, I really early about an hour in. Was dissapointed with the character editor as I just could not get it to look like me, I think it was mostly the limited hair options. None of the graphical hiccups really bother me except for the sparadic pausing, not from saving, but I get these odd little pauses in the game. Music is pretty badass also. Did they mention is they are gonna put this up on iTunes?

Mojovonio

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
I had problem of disc reading errors couple of time since I started playing. My other games work fine so I guess it has to do something with ME only.

Its UE3 games.

It happened a lot in Gears.

UE3 games get data off the disc a whole lot.

If your 360 drive isn't up to snuff, its fuck up.

MirageDwarf said:
I had problem of disc reading errors couple of time since I started playing. My other games work fine so I guess it has to do something with ME only.

Unfortunate for us, but not surprising. As much as I love this game, it has some technical issues. So I wouldn't be surprised if it was a game disc error.

Edit: Ok makes sense because this did happen to me in GOW. And since my 360 is kind of a piece, it probably has trouble getting data off the disc. Time to send it in.

Mojovonio

Banned
Dante said:
Started last night, Story is awesome so far, I really early about an hour in. Was dissapointed with the character editor as I just could not get it to look like me, I think it was mostly the limited hair options. None of the graphical hiccups really bother me except for the sparadic pausing, not from saving, but I get these odd little pauses in the game. Music is pretty badass also. Did they mention is they are gonna put this up on iTunes?

Yeah, they had to get rid of the "Ugly" feature at the last minute.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mojovonio said:
I have the OST, but the title screen song seems to be absent.

Anyone have it?

Edit: NM its called Vigil.

On a related note, does anyone know the name of the track that plays after you return from Vermire and
you deal with the death of Kaidan/Ashley
?

Ok, so I'm level 51 now, and I have no idea what to spend my points on. I need some suggestions GAF! Here is my current breakdown for my Soldier character:

Pistols 5
Shotgun 4
Rifle Maxed
Sniper 4
Combat Armor Maxed
First Aid 6
Assault Training Maxed
Fitness 4
Shock Trooper Maxed
Charm Maxed
Intimidate 2
S. Training Maxed

I'm thinking First Aid, so I can get the Immunity skills. Thoughts?

ShinAmano

Vyse The Legend said:
Ok, so I'm level 51 now, and I have no idea what to spend my points on. I need some suggestions GAF! Here is my current breakdown for my Soldier character:

Pistols 5
Shotgun 4
Rifle Maxed
Sniper 4
Combat Armor Maxed
First Aid 6
Assault Training Maxed
Fitness 4
Shock Trooper Maxed
Charm Maxed
Intimidate 2
S. Training Maxed

Shotguns...aka the only weapon you need.

Bioware is really good in story and RPG aspect of the game but not in technical department. They need to hire more talented programmers. I'm sick of using elevator everywhere. Even in small closed area like Normandy, I have to use elevator to access lower level. All elevators are slow. I'm avoiding eleveators wherever I can. ME could have used HDD to make it more polished. Fucking core SKU!!

And checkpoint system, how in the hell they could not see any problem in the current checkpoint system. It made me save the game like after every 5 mins. It's no fun.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the story. I like cinematic conversations too. I'm spending more time on exploring and talking. Game is fun if you can live up with problems.

Mojovonio said:
Its UE3 games.

It happened a lot in Gears.

UE3 games get data off the disc a whole lot.

If your 360 drive isn't up to snuff, its fuck up.
Not sure if you are joking, but this might be the reason. My console is old now.

Aurora

Vyse The Legend said:

Pistols 5
Shotgun 4
Rifle Maxed
Sniper 4
Combat Armor Maxed
First Aid 6
Assault Training Maxed
Fitness 4
Shock Trooper Maxed
Charm Maxed
Intimidate 2
S. Training Maxed

Having Lv1 Immunity is entirely sufficient. The subsequent Immunity skills are useless, particularly since you've got Adrenaline Rush + maxed Shock Trooper.

It's hard to know what to add at this stage, but I'm sure you're more than fine where defence is concerned. Perhaps start pumping a weapon up more?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
This game is way too easy! :lol

I've already hit max credits and max medi-gel and I've been playing on veteran difficulty for most of the game. However I have been doing every single side quest and I've also recently hit level 47. I play a little more thorough than most so my comments should be taken with a grain of salt.

Regardless I've never purchased anything aside from medi-gel upgrades and weapon licenses and even then they were never utilized. Why would I need to purchase anything when you can grab high-end equipment off the enemies and hacking is so amazingly simple you practically have unlimited resources at hand! I'm not complaining but I am a bit shocked by how easy the game is if you simply explore every nook and cranny.

I hit max medi-gel and a million credits when I arrived on
Noveria after I was done doing a few side quests after my acceptance into the Spectres.

I hit max credits midway through
the assault on on Virmire.

joelseph

Maxing immunity is good for Infiltrators. Maxed immunity w/ maxed Commando (Infiltrator) allows you to spam the ability and effectively always be immune.

Mojovonio

Banned
MirageDwarf said:
Not sure if you are joking, but this might be the reason. My console is old now.

Nope, dead serious.

Notice how long it takes to load the textures and such?

Did the same in gears.

If the disc or your drive aren't perfect, the game wont work.

Mojovonio

Banned
joelseph said:
Maxing immunity is good for Infiltrators. Maxed immunity w/ maxed Commando (Infiltrator) allows you to spam the ability and effectively always be immune.

never thought of that, i should try it.

Mind you, i haven't hit anyone who i've had problems with in a while.

Well I beat the game on Insanity. Didn't really notice anything particularly harder about it but I guess since I was playing a soldier with all of the best equipment it doesn't mean a thing.

Anyway I unlocked a new gamerpic....woo. Going to rest for a bit then go back to my Adept/Engineer and pick up the rest of the achievements.

I did get some more use out of immunity though. It's nice when an enemy decides to rush straight at you for a melee kill.

Oh and I died a few times. One was during the Matriarch fight when four sniper geths spawned and they all shot me at the same time. Another time I stupidly left the Mako sitting in a tunnel filled with rocket fighting geth(and it was freezing outside). I forget the third time but I'm pretty sure I died somewhere.

Alright, I'm stuck on
Saren's second in command lady. I can beat like the first round of people, but then I move across the bridge, and I get taken out by her henchmen. And any cover I go for gets thrown around.. I think I'm around level 14-15.

Chinner

Banned
I've completed the game. Is it possible for me to restart the game on insainity/hardcore while using my souped up character?

Big-E

Chinner said:
I've completed the game. Is it possible for me to restart the game on insainity/hardcore while using my souped up character?

Yes. Some people were saying you can still get the achievement for those as well even though you will start out with the default setting. Change the setting right away in the pause menu.

I always change the difficulty before I land on Eden Prime. Though IIRC you can also change the difficulty before you leave Eden Prime and it'll count.

Hopefully Bioware patches the majority achievements soon. In order to get them you basically have to complete 95% of the sidequests. Maybe they'll pare it down to something reasonable like 75%.

Dina

Some Weaklin said:
Alright, I'm stuck on
Saren's second in command lady. I can beat like the first round of people, but then I move across the bridge, and I get taken out by her henchmen. And any cover I go for gets thrown around.. I think I'm around level 14-15.

Ignore Benezia. After the fight starts, kill the two asari commando's that spawn before you. Walk on over the bridge until you get to the other lower platform. A geth sniper and a asari commando will spawn on the same platform. Take them out. It's not unusual to have lost one teammember by now. Where you are standing now, a vertical iron beam will prevent Benezia from hitting you with her biotic abilities. When she is recharging her ability, move on to the 'third' platform. Park your teammembers here. Walk on until you get bridge to the fourth platform and kill the two enemies here. When you killed those, four enemies spawn where you just killed the two enemies. In my case they were all 4 geth snipers. Chuck a grenade there and wait for it to explode. Finish off the rest of the geth sniper. Now go to the second platform, hope your teammember(s) killed some of the spawning asari here and mop up the rest. Enjoy the cutscene.

Big-E

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I always change the difficulty before I land on Eden Prime. Though IIRC you can also change the difficulty before you leave Eden Prime and it'll count.

Hopefully Bioware patches the majority achievements soon. In order to get them you basically have to complete 95% of the sidequests. Maybe they'll pare it down to something reasonable like 75%.

It should only factor in story assignments.

Finished Vermire last nite and WOW! Epic, truely epic! Im sad about the decision I had to make, but what can you do. The story just got so much more interesting with the revelation. Also, I think I fucked up the Ash love bit becauses when I got back to the ship and talked to the other girl, our conversation lead to sex talk. Then, when I went to talk to Ash, it was still lovey-dovey, but it wasn't as intense as with the other girl. Tried multiple angles, like talking to Ash first and being a horndog with the other, but it still leads to the same results. I also get exp when I talk to the other girl but not with Ash. Should I just avoid the conversation with the alien, hopefully getting me some human poontang?

Im saving the alien for my 2nd playthrough as a female Shepard

Also, is it just me or is getting Ash into bed a lot harder then the alien? Maybe its because I got the alien chick after finishing Feros and Noveria, but getting Ash is almost like dealing with a real chick. Too much runaround.

*Don't remember the alien chick off the top of my head, since I just got her.

3. The moon base enemies inside the guarded fortress and damn near impossible to kill at lvl 23. Any recommendations on that sidequest? Or, should I just come back at a higher lvl later on?

Have Wrex and another battle heavy character(Ashley's good). The minute you open the door to the enemy, order your party into cover that is right in front, but have Shepard stay by the door. When the enemies come to take out Wrex, blast away at them. Make sure you have mods that will hurt synthetics. Have Wrex wear a +90 shield mod for his suit. Also, don't forget to lobe lots of grenades and heal often. Also, Wrex should have his invunerable bio spell by then. Use that and shield regen a lot. Also, if he has carnage, use it. If you have lift, use it often. I was able to pass it easily at ~lv 15(playing on normal).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Are there any bonuses for maxing out Paragon or Renegade? I've been maxed out on Paragon for quite a while but I haven't noticed anything aside from the 75% achievement.

Munin

Masta_Killah said:
Finished Vermire last nite and WOW! Epic, truely epic! Im sad about the decision I had to make, but what can you do. The story just got so much more interesting with the revelation. Also, I think I fucked up the Ash love bit becauses when I got back to the ship and talked to the other girl, our conversation lead to sex talk. Then, when I went to talk to Ash, it was still lovey-dovey, but it wasn't as intense as with the other girl. Tried multiple angles, like talking to Ash first and being a horndog with the other, but it still leads to the same results. I also get exp when I talk to the other girl but not with Ash. Should I just avoid the conversation with the alien, hopefully getting me some human poontang?

Im saving the alien for my 2nd playthrough as a female Shepard

Also, is it just me or is getting Ash into bed a lot harder then the alien? Maybe its because I got the alien chick after finishing Feros and Noveria, but getting Ash is almost like dealing with a real chick. Too much runaround.

Having completed two playthroughs, I think it's pretty much impossible not to get laid if you're not an ass to both of them. If you try to flirt with them both you'll eventually get to a
slightly funny 'decision' scene where both will come to talk to you and you have to choose. Either way, sex scene only arrives when you're almost done with the game, so...

Dina said:
Ignore Benezia. After the fight starts, kill the two asari commando's that spawn before you. Walk on over the bridge until you get to the other lower platform. A geth sniper and a asari commando will spawn on the same platform. Take them out. It's not unusual to have lost one teammember by now. Where you are standing now, a vertical iron beam will prevent Benezia from hitting you with her biotic abilities. When she is recharging her ability, move on to the 'third' platform. Park your teammembers here. Walk on until you get bridge to the fourth platform and kill the two enemies here. When you killed those, four enemies spawn where you just killed the two enemies. In my case they were all 4 geth snipers. Chuck a grenade there and wait for it to explode. Finish off the rest of the geth sniper. Now go to the second platform, hope your teammember(s) killed some of the spawning asari here and mop up the rest. Enjoy the cutscene.

Its easier to just stay by where you came in, by the door, since there is plenty of cover. Just don't get hit by the biotic attacks. Make sure you equip your characters with mods that'll bypass shields and have Shepard w/ health regen. Kill off the barrage until Benezia tries to do a 3rd spell. WHen she does, go right from your spot and have your 2 soldiers stay there(where the enemy was standing). Then go up the bridge slowly until you can barely see the enemies on the other side. Don't aim for them. Instead, aim for the canisters that are by them. Then, when you shoot all those, shoot the enemies.

Chinner

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:

Okay, so I started a new game with my existing character and it's says thar hardcore is still locked and won't let me pick it. What gives : (

Edit: Ignore above, just being a idiot.

ShinAmano

PepsimanVsJoe said:

Honestly it should be only the main story planets you need...this is my biggest complaint with the game...I still need the completionist one so i should get two of the Ally ones but it should be easier to get them all...

The first playthrough it is next to impossible to get one becasue you get new characters and you want to try them out and then you don't want to do the mundane stuff on playthrough 2 and 3...damn bioware think these things out.

Munin said:
Having completed two playthroughs, I think it's pretty much impossible not to get laid if you're not an ass to both of them. If you try to flirt with them both you'll eventually get to a
slightly funny 'decision' scene where both will come to talk to you and you have to choose. Either way, sex scene only arrives when you're almost done with the game, so...

Actually, you can have 't3h sex' at the very beginning of the game. You just have renegade it up with the Consort. However, it's not the "full" sex scene. It's more or less a rip off of Titanic's (the movie) love scene, complete with hand on window. :lol

ShinAmano

Just snagged this from another site, but this should help out a great deal with the completionist achievement It is a list of side quests and where to get them (Credit to 'Paull' on Gamefaqs:
Citadel: Asari Consort
Citadel: Doctor Michel is Safe
Citadel: Family Matters
Citadel: Homecoming
Citadel: I Remember Me
Citadel: Jahleed Arrested/Jahleed and Chorban
Citadel: Negotiator's Request
Citadel: Old Friends
Citadel: Old, Unhappy, Far-Off Things
Citadel: Our Own Worst Enemy
Citadel: Planting a Bug
Citadel: Presidium Prophet
Citadel: Reporter's Request
Citadel: Rita's Sister is Safe
Citadel: Scan the Keepers
Citadel: Schell's Scanner Given Away/Schells Has His Data
Citadel: Signal Tracking
Citadel: The Fan
Citadel: The Fourth Estate
Citadel: Xeltan Convinced
Noveria: Espionage
Noveria: Smuggling
Feros: Data Recovery
Feros: Geth in the Tunnels
Feros: Power Cells
Feros: Varren Meat
Feros: Water Restoration
Virmire: Kirrahe's Team Rescued
Virmire: Wrex is Convinced (don't know quest name for other outcome)

UNC: Beseiged Base
UNC: Cerberus
UNC: Collection Complete (Prothean Artifacts)
UNC: Collection Complete (Asari Writings)
UNC: Collection Complete (Turian Emblems)
UNC: Collection Complete (Valuable Materials)
UNC: Collection Complete (League Medallions and Salarian ID Tags)
UNC: Colony of the Dead
UNC: Dead Scientists
UNC: Depot Sigma-23
UNC: Derelict Freighter
UNC: Distress Call
UNC: Espionage Probe
UNC: Exogeni Facility
UNC: Geth Incursions
UNC: Hades' Dogs
UNC: Hostage
UNC: Hostile Takeover
UNC: Listening Post Alpha
UNC: Listening Post Theta
UNC: Lost Freighter
UNC: Lost Module
UNC: Major Kyle
UNC: Missing Marines
UNC: Missing Survey Team
UNC: Privateers
UNC: Rogue VI
UNC: The Negotiation
Asari Diplomacy
Garrus: Dr. Saleon is Dead
Tali's Pilgrimage
Wrex: Family Armor

X26

Banned
Mojovonio said:
In the Local System?

Also, does anyone else feel like money is worthless in this game?

If you do sidequests, yup. By the end of my first playthrough I had ~4 million credits, and that's with buying a bunch of spectre gear

Even without sidequests you get the best stuff along the way in crates and such, so yea money is pretty worthless in ME

X26

Banned
Munin said:

First playthrough I was a complete bastard to everyone, so that explains why I never got any

But really considering Ashley's personality I thought she'd dig my renegade shepard

Rorschach

Memphis Reigns said:
FuCK! I can't play ME anymore because it keeps freezing and my 360 is giving me disc unreadable errors. This is probably more a case of my 360 dying, but has anyone experienced this with ME?
Every time I played if I ran through areas too fast or it didn't get past the loading warning during the gameplay. :\

Woo-Fu

Banned
Since some of the Achievements require considerable effort perhaps that is why they are considered achievements?

WrikaWrek

Banned
medze said:
Don't forget to take one of your customs back through for another playthrough as they keep their level and equipment when you start a new game, making it a lot easier to get the best of the best weapons and hit the level cap
60?
. Plus it's just more fun running through the beginning parts of the game with all of your talents maxed already

Just saw the beggining with my 1st custom male character, with his badass white + Grey medium armor, DAMN. Looks like a Knight.

Aurora

Woo-Fu said:
Since some of the Achievements require considerable effort perhaps that is why they are considered achievements?
It's not as if the achievements require a lot of skill to get and are a test of how good a player is. They just force you to replay boring segments over and over again. They can hardly be considered "achievements".

I think any achievement that forces another run through the game is criminal. They are just cheap ways of adding replay value.

Aurora said:
It's not as if the achievements require a lot of skill to get and are a test of how good a player is. They just force you to replay boring segments over and over again. They can hardly be considered "achievements".

Exactly. Having to replay all the sidequests several times is very lame. It takes little skill, only patience.

SpudBud

I'm trying to decide on what class I should play on my 2nd run. I played a Vanguard on my first run, I was thinking about female engineer. Is it a boring class?

Top Bottom