• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Master Chief is a Badass

I love that video where he's standing alone with his cool im gunn kick yer ass pose as covenant ships descend all over. He's gonna fuck em up good! Go MC!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
An excellent point, and lucidly made. I approve of this forum post and encourage similar topics.

Has anyone noticed, for example, that Pac-Man is quite vibrantly yellow!

I agree, the more I play Halo the more I like it! Just beat the first level on legendary and it was awesome! MASTER CHEIF OWNZ U BITCHES!

ROXX
untitled778.jpg

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Doom_Bringer said:
I agree, the more I play Halo the more I like it! Just beat the first level on legendary and it was awesome! MASTER CHEIF OWNZ U BITCHES!

Legendary was the only difficulty that didn't completely suck.

Kon Tiki

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
*hits Nintendo for making Zelda painfully easy*

Know what would be cool? Having Zelda start off with a Battle Dungeon. The difficulty and the AI for the enemies is determined by how far you make it.

Back on topic. MC is so bad ass he drives like maniac on Arizona freeways.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Bookerman said:
MC is a generic anti-hero.

I don't see much in him. That don't mean Halo's a bad game.

He's just a symbol for the game...

At least they didn't attempt something stupid like the new Prince of Persia title. After that bug-tastic demo, I'm still feeling the blow. :(

Prine

Banned
MC is so fucking cool.

Such a baddass. Not the way he was designed, just the way he's portaryed in the game and in the books.

Now, he's a gaming ICON.

Nuff respect to the Cheif

gblues

Banned
Society said:
Know what would be cool? Having Zelda start off with a Battle Dungeon. The difficulty and the AI for the enemies is determined by how far you make it.

Back on topic. MC is so bad ass he drives like maniac on Arizona freeways.

So, he drives like everyone else?

Nathan

He's cool cause he's one fucking badass standing with a defense against invasion supported by dumb rent-a-troops.

The covenants all like OH SHIT HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN!

Ryck

MrAngryFace said:
I love that video where he's standing alone with his cool im gunn kick yer ass pose as covenant ships descend all over. He's gonna fuck em up good! Go MC!
I like when jumps off the ship heading toward earth .....yeah ballsy....any links to that video ( I know its fairly old)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope you actually see Master Chief take off his helmet in Halo 2 and it's something totally unexpected like Samus being a girl

Acrylamid

MrAngryFace said:
He's cool cause he's one fucking badass standing with a defense against invasion supported by dumb rent-a-troops.

The covenants all like OH SHIT HERE COMES THE PAIN TRAIN!
The same could be said about Mario and Bowser's Goomba army.

Acrylamid

Wario64 said:
I hope you actually see Master Chief take off his helmet in Halo 2 and it's something totally unexpected like Samus being a girl
OMG MASTER CHIEF IS BLACK
*gamefaqs.com explodes*

Wario64, why don't you keep your idiotic opinions to yourself, you obnoxious little shit? You don't like Halo, okay, we get the fucking idea already. Find a new hobby.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Pfft... He's all armor. He can't do anything without me anyways. Last time I played, he killed all of his comrades with his crappy aim and then drove a Warthog off a cliff!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Go Go Ackman! said:
Wario64, why don't you keep your idiotic opinions to yourself, you obnoxious little shit? You don't like Halo, okay, we get the fucking idea already. Find a new hobby.

:lol

I would like to see this post where I said I hated Halo

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
i love halo 1 and 2, but jesus, i've never seen master chief as anything more than kurt russell in a green space suit.

cortana: "chief, we've got to overload that reactor!"

MC in a gruff voice: "right. let's do this. <or insert some other macho wisecrack>"

absolutely zero personality. :p

which is fine for an FPS, btw. but this worship of MC is a bit puzzling to me.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah you didn't see people worship the Doom marine a decade ago! And you didn't see people crying when they saw their hero dead in Duke Nukem 3D, heehee

dark10x

chespace said:
i love halo 1 and 2, but jesus, i've never seen master chief as anything more than kurt russell in a green space suit.

"chief, we've got to overload that reactor!"

"right. let's do this."

absolutely zero personality. :p which is fine for an FPS, btw. but this worship of MC is a bit puzzling to me.

I don't disagree, but it isn't too terribly puzzling...

He is the player character in a popular game. Link is one of the most popular game characters around, but he is nothing more than an avatar with a name (a name that you can modify to whatever you want even...).

When you have an ultra popular game series, the main characters tend to recieve tons of attention and praise.

Master Chief represents Ass Kicking. Thats why he rox. He's not great at parties, but when asses need kicking, he's the one to get cause he'll do it wholesale, bitch.

chespace said:

MC in a gruff voice: "right. let's do this. <or insert some other macho wisecrack>"

You want to see puzzling? Go to Gamefaqs and see the massive love for Crono there.

It's true. Popular game=popular character, even if said character is totally unremarkable. People associate their love for the game with the character, and thus transfer that love onto him. Link is pretty much the same thing, but at least in his case he emotes a little. Deku Scrub Link rocks!

chespace said:

Well there's been three books and countless bits of cryptic information from Bungie that detail the story surrounding MC and the Halo universe. I'm not saying it's Shakespear, but they've definately built more personality and story surrounding that character than there is with someone like Samus in Metroid or Link from Legend of Zelda, and god only knows how many mastubatory threads have been started around here about those two.

callous

I have a hard time coming up with a less inspired character design than Master Chief. The name "Master Chief" is absolutely ridiculous, too.

"Wait, I've got it! He's not just the Chief, he's the Master of Chiefs! MASTER CHIEF!"

"Yeah! Cool! Can we make him a completely generic space soldier, please?"

"I wouldn't have it any other way!"

"YAY".

No accounting for taste, though, and to each his own and yadda yadda.

Alright, carry on.

dark10x

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Well there's been three books and countless bits of cryptic information from Bungie that detail the story surrounding MC and the Halo universe. I'm not saying it's Shakespear, but they've definately built more personality and story surrounding that character than there is with someone like Samus in Metroid or Link from Legend of Zelda, and god only knows how many mastubatory threads have been started around here about those two.

Yeah, Samus is another great example...

Sai

callous said:
I have a hard time coming up with a less inspired character design than Master Chief. The name "Master Chief" is absolutely ridiculous, too.

Master Chief = Military Rank

*sigh*

Kon Tiki

Banned
Hitler Stole My Brain said:
...but they've definately built more personality and story surrounding that character than there is with someone like Samus in Metroid or Link from Legend of Zelda...
:lol

Top Bottom