• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MasterChef (US) - Gordon Ramsay, Graham Elliot, Lex Luthor, and lots of crying.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
:lol :lol

Way to fuck with any suspense that could have been, Fox. Nice job showing a commercial saying there are 14 finalists just before there are 2 left with 12 finalists named.

Narag

I like how Fox ruined the drama of the last round with their "Final 14" promo.
Edit: Now it is my turn to be beaten!

Retrocide

Oh...for a second I was scared I would have to choose between Masterchef and Top Chef next week but Top Chef moves back to it's normal time of 10 PM...that means three hours of cooking shows in a row for me.

Such a good show. Nice to see Ramsay working with a bunch of chefs that he seems to like.

Anyway, as of now i'm pulling for Sheetal. Although it doesn't seem like a good sign that they showed her trying to get off camera.

benjipwns

Banned
Retrocide said:
Oh...for a second I was scared I would have to choose between Masterchef and Top Chef next week but Top Chef moves back to it's normal time of 10 PM...that means three hours of cooking shows in a row for me.
If you like Chopped you could have been doing that for a while actually. I didn't know Top Chef was moving back now that the debacle that was Work of Art is ending.

benjipwns

Banned
Sheetal has a blog about the show, some behind the scenes stuff in it: http://sheetalbhagat.posterous.com/
I notice that JB is still brooding over his lost battle with Gordon Ramsay. In an attempt to pull him back into the present, I turn to him, a bit boldly, and ask him if he would like me to sing him an Italian aria. I think this throws everyone, but especially the grumpy Italian judge. The look on his face tells me he doesn’t think I know anything about singing in his native language. And by the way I am dressed, with my Indian top, bindi, and gold bangle coupled with my signature dish presentation, I can’t blame him for making that assumption. I sing a few lines of “Voi Che Sapete” from the Marriage of Figaro, Mozart. Italian is my favorite language to sing in, and I do believe Joe Bastianich is not “TV” impressed; he is genuinely impressed. I can see his body actually unfold as I sing; I feel I have caught this man’s eyes for the first time. The look on Gordon Ramsay’s face is priceless; part smug, part astonished. I am loving this moment.

When I sing my last note, Joe Bastianich asks, “Would you like to hear me sing?” I am taken aback by the sudden life that has sprung in the traditional Italian man. He stands, straightens his posture, and sings a baritone bit from the same opera. As I hear a few bars, I realize Joe is a half way decent singer. He stays on pitch, his Italian is impeccable (of course) and he has a passion for opera. Gordon Ramsay seems quite amused. Upon Joe’s last note, Gordon asks my opinion.

GR: Is he any good?
Me: Not bad, for a chef.

Thankfully I don’t have to lie. I’m a pretty bad liar.

At this point, they’ve all tried my signature dish. One by one, they give me their response. Gordon says “yes”. Graham says “no”. Immediately, Gordon turns to Graham and asks why he is saying “no”.

GE: The presentation isn’t that appealing.

Gordon Ramsay turns to me and actually apologizes for his colleagues “lack of understanding of Indian cuisine”. Um, that may be the ONLY time Chef Ramsay apologizes to me!

GE: The color isn’t attractive, and the dish doesn’t look pretty.
GR: It’s a curry, for God’s sake. It’s not supposed to look pretty. It’s exactly the way it’s supposed to look. It doesn’t need to be pretty… she’s the pretty in the dish!

**Blushing** Another one of my favorite moments.

GR: What about that beer cheese piss ass soup? You mean to tell me that soup was better looking and tasting than this curry?
GE: That soup had soul.
GR: Yea. ASSSoul.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This show really made me start hating this trend:

" Please untie your apron... then tie it on tighter because you're moving on!!!! "

I'm sorry to say that... you won't be seeing your family tonight!

That being said, love the show

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm fairly sure the Australian version is the definitive version.

xbhaskarx

benjipwns said:
If they're going to use just one egg each why'd they need to truck out those 20,000?

I thought about that... maybe it was a metaphor for all the people who tried out for the show and didn't make it even to the getting an apron stage? That's the best I could come up with.

K2Valor said:
This show really made me start hating this trend:

It's pretty much the worst trend in elimination style shows.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So what's the normal airing time for this show goign to be now that Hells Kitchen is gone? Back to Back Glee Tongiht.

benjipwns

Banned
It's going to be Wednesdays at 8pm. Two-hour blocks for both of the next two weeks at least. (Maybe for the rest of the run.)

Edit: Beaten.

Also I changed the banner in the OP.

benjipwns

Banned
If you aren't out hunting down your missing girlfriend and her sister: Two hour episode starts in about fifteen minutes.

benjipwns

Banned
So they're just tasting three dishes and picking one from that three? What if there's a better dish they didn't decide to even taste?

Jake is looking strong so far.

Speaking of threes, sorry for the triple post.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
G'DAMN!!!

SHIT IS GETTING REAL SON!

RubxQub

MThanded said:
damn rubx your boy mike showed up
Freaking knew that dude had the goods. They've been on his johnson from day 1.

Narag

I really like how positive and supportive the contestants are. Beats the hell out of the backstabbing shit in Hell's Kitchen.

RubxQub

Sheena was eliminated because Gordon couldn't figure out where she spent all her time. I think that it really pisses him off when you put something together that's terrible and yet you didn't even use all the time that you had to actually try to make it taste right.

RubxQub

MThanded said:
wow sheena gone. im suprised like shit.
I'm OK with this, because I kept confusing her and the other young girl. My life is now simpler.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got distracted by master chef and left the residual water from my pasta boiling. Luckily i did not burn the place down. Was charred starch water left in the pan when i went into the kitchen.

RubxQub

MThanded said:
I got distracted by master chef and left the residual water from my pasta boiling. Luckily i did not burn the place down. Was charred starch water left in the pan when i went into the kitchen.
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

RubxQub

Red: Better menu for the audience
Blue: Better prep

Red takes it with a slap on the wrist.

Edit: Hmm...maybe?

Double Edit: OH SHI-

benjipwns

Banned
I love when they do the taste test in Top Chef/Masters and nobody just does salt if they can't think of or decide on anything else.

Edit: Jenna dun goof'd.

Fuckin Hell.

How many times are they gonna show the bald judge approach the plate of food. Take a fucking bite. Stare at the contestant, THEN TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY. WHAT THE FUCK?

Top Bottom