• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Simo

R* doing a good job with this crew business....very fast and efficient!!

Invites are still getting hung up even after I sent them but I let Rockstar know of the issue and they forwarded me to tech support so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Requiem

Invites are still getting hung up even after I sent them but I let Rockstar know of the issue and they forwarded me to tech support so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I actually already got accepted so things are good over here.

So are Crews just like clans? Or is there something bigger behind all this? I am aware of it carrying over to GTA V but beyond that are there any other benefits?

Simo

I actually already got accepted so things are good over here.

So are Crews just like clans? Or is there something bigger behind all this? I am aware of it carrying over to GTA V but beyond that are there any other benefits?

Yeah they're like clans but being in a crew nets more XP when you play with crew members plus you can start feuds with other crews which Social Club tracks and continues from game to game.

Yeah they're like clans but being in a crew nets more XP when you play with crew members plus you can start feuds with other crews which Social Club tracks and continues from game to game.

Imagine having a massive feud with a crew that starts in MP3 and carries over to GTAV...like including stats and all. You could have a full on year plus, perhaps evened out rivalry going on. It'll be so fucking awesome. Its Warriors-esque gang sensibilites with guns. SO GOOD.

Fjordson

I like that you can just have everyone from all three platforms join up, and then the game filters out who you can't play with once you're in game, while still tracking achievements and progress from everyone for the overall crew accomplishments.

Sounds like the site needs some work (probably getting hammered) but it seems neat.

Marleyman

Banned
Yeah, the XP thing is a cool incentive. I could see leaders going after leaders; the lower ranked guys basically being meat shields for their boss.

TxdoHawk

I wish the Warriors game was on PSN.

It really should be, fantastic game, criminally underappreciated. I love that unlockable mode where you have to beat a rival gang by throwing them off the roof. That + cross-body dudes off the roof in a suicide dive = awesooooooooome

Marleyman

Banned
I don't think it'll actually give up who the leaders are but it's good to know I can throw you to the wolves when the time comes! :)

...Kidding!

Not even give up, so to speak, but your crew would probably know who their leader is. Make a statement by going after him early. I could see this being really cool in GTA. Hey, I will be an under boss if it comes down to it;)

Simo

Not even give up, so to speak, but your crew would probably know who their leader is. Make a statement by going after him early. I could see this being really cool in GTA. Hey, I will be an under boss if it comes down to it;)

Gang Wars is going to be fucking awesome and reminds me of one of the rounds. It doesn't choose the crew leader but one of the rounds is an Assassination round where whoever was the best player the previous round (leader or not) becomes the target for the rival team and is charged with taking him/her out. Likewise the other team has to protect him at all costs.

Simo

There we go, thanks. I got the message "you have been invited to NeoGANG" but it didn't like anywhere, so that confused me :p

I know I've still got 3 requests stuck under the requests option but I've sent multiple invites and a couple of them even joined up. Like I said it's a bug on the site but it's driving me nuts!

Simo

Holy fuck. Just caught the opening on a stream...

fuck...wish it was the 15th right now...

1310121676_angry_wrestler.gif

What the hell man?! Be strong and let's try to keep this thread as spoiler free as possible.

Simo

Walmart really does like to release things early.

Christ I thought it was somebody posting photos of their legit copy and it ended up being the opening chapter. Luckily I bailed but not before being spoiled on an important plot point.

Note to self: DO NOT FUCKING CLICK ANY MORE LINKS.

JambiBum

Christ I thought it was somebody posting photos of their legit copy and it ended up being the opening chapter. Luckily I bailed but not before being spoiled on an important plot point.

I'm not watching any cutscenes. I'm only watching gameplay.

IT IS GLORIOUS.

Simo

I'm not watching any cutscenes. I'm only watching gameplay.

IT IS GLORIOUS.

Yeah I saw what looked like a tutorial but then Max's inner monologue kicked in and started detailing events not known or talked about involving another major character.

Marleyman

Banned

Looks so good...bullet wounds look so visceral.

JambiBum

Yeah I saw what looked like a tutorial but then Max's inner monologue kicked in and started detailing events not known or talked about involving another major character.

I'm going to check around tomorrow because watching this is making the wait ridiculous.

Okay, so I was just watching some of that stream and I've got to turn it off. Just from the two minutes or so that I watched, all taking place in the (early location spoiler)
dance club
, I can tell that this game is just going to be incredible. Wow, just.... wow. Monday night needs to hurry up and get here! Hype is at MAX!!!

Top Bottom