• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

That was fucking awesome.

Son of a bitch it's already leaked on 360.

I POSTED THIS IN THE OP, AND I'LL POST IT HERE. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, POST SPOILERS FROM THE GAME HERE BEFORE RELEASE DATE (DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS LEAKED). I DON'T CARE IF IT'S TAGGED OR NOT, DON'T POST IT BEFORE RELEASE DATE, OR I WILL END YOU. AFTER RELEASE DATE, TAGGED SPOILERS ONLY, WITH WARNING. SERIOUSLY.

That was fucking awesome.

I POSTED THIS IN THE OP, AND I'LL POST IT HERE. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, POST SPOILERS FROM THE GAME HERE BEFORE RELEASE DATE (DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS LEAKED). I DON'T CARE IF IT'S TAGGED OR NOT, DON'T POST IT BEFORE RELEASE DATE, OR I WILL END YOU. AFTER RELEASE DATE, TAGGED SPOILERS ONLY, WITH WARNING. SERIOUSLY.

Yeah, I watched like two minutes of that stream and had to turn it off. Even from the little bit that I saw, I could tell that this is definitely going to be one of those games you don't want to have spoiled. I had to stop watching, and I hope all you other guys can muster up the will power to ride it out till Monday/Tuesday (or the 29th/June 1st if you're buying it for your computer). Ahhhhhh!

damnit, i couldnt resist...

that said....

HOLY SHIT! this game looks incredible, animation, style, gunplay. I cant believe how excited i am for this game, its like im 16 again...

Normally I don't care too much about streams, they're fun to watch, but not this time. I have zero desire to watch the streams. The only media from Max Payne I'll watch from here on out is the launch trailer. I have spent nine years waiting, I'm not gonna have the story ruined by a mistimed click on a stream link.

dreamfall

Normally I don't care too much about streams, they're fun to watch, but not this time. I have zero desire to watch the streams. The only media from Max Payne I'll watch from here on out is the launch trailer. I have spent nine years waiting, I'm not gonna have the story ruined by a mistimed click on a stream link.

Amen to this! I'm with you 100%!

JambiBum

To stop from getting spoiled I'm just muting and switching to another tab once a cutscene starts. Then I'll switch back over to see if it's back to gameplay or not. It's fun watching how other people play.

I'm gonna shoot-dive into walls all the time just to see the proper physics!

Seeing that in the first dev video made me lose my shit

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So the game got leaked? fucking fuck how can i survive this without getting my ass spoiled for the PC version.

Simo

Since they said it was the night club chapter I took another peek at the stream....Jesus christ I left after a couple of minutes because whoever is playing is fucking useless. Missing his shootdodges, avoiding painkillers, not using bullet-time and he's reloading the same part like 10 times now.

That said...everything looks fucking fantastic and those animations....

Sn4ke_911

Is he playing on xbox? of course he is ... shit like that mostly happens on 360.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
request sent

xbox gt: superadw

Since they said it was the night club chapter I took another peek at the stream....Jesus christ I left after a couple of minutes because whoever is playing is fucking useless. Missing his shootdodges, avoiding painkillers, not using bullet-time and he's reloading the same part like 10 times now.

Another reason I don't wanna watch it.

Everyone who plays these fucking streams is the worst player on the damn planet. How do such incompetent people get the game early?

I'm not subjecting myself to this torture. I'll just scream at him through the computer "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT, YOU WILL GET KILLED!"

JambiBum

Yeah he keeps dying but I don't care lol. It's just wonderful to look at. Don't remember the last time I said that about a game.

Simo

Another reason I don't wanna watch it.

Everyone who plays these fucking streams is the worst player on the damn planet. How do such incompetent people get the game early?

I'm not subjecting myself to this torture. I'll just scream at him through the computer "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT, YOU WILL GET KILLED!"

Yeah he kept running past the painkillers and then getting his ass handed to him. Then he avoids picking up the Ingrams in favor of a revolver and doesn't even dual wield that shit with the P92.

Again though, everything looked glorious! It was nice to see uninterrupted gameplay from a chapter seen before but I'm done till release.

Stream is nuked. Dude was terrible, straight up passing by painkillers.

It looked oh so glorious, though.

Hahaha. And he was aiming down the sites way to much too. Gears of War has trained people how to play TPS a certain way. Need to break those habits and remember how Max Payne was.

Yeah he keeps dying but I don't care lol. It's just wonderful to look at. Don't remember the last time I said that about a game.

Yeah, seeing this actually played, for whatever reason, makes this game look incredible, even if the player sucks at playing haha. I think them editing footage into clips kind of loses the 'look' of the game a bit. Even from the crappy stream, the game looked amazing for a 360 game. Absolutely cannot wait to sink my teeth into this game!

This is going to be one of those games that you show off to friends and their jaws will drop.

TxdoHawk

I might play into Rockstars hand as well. My solution: get them both, and trade in the 360 version on the 29th.

Glad I'm not the only one considering this. Theoretically Diablo 3 will distract me on the 15th, but there's a mom and pop shop near me notorious for selling games a couple of days early...

Teknoman

What if you get the PC version? Are the crews multi-platform or is there a GAF crew for each platform?

Would be nice if they could set one crew that stretched across multiple platforms, especially since GTAV probably wont have a PC until well after console.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Just sent a request to NeoGANG.

Blessing in disguise that i missed that stream. I was really tempted to watch just gameplay sections, but i remembered watching other people play who don't have a clue annoys me.

Fjordson

Hahaha. And he was aiming down the sites way to much too. Gears of War has trained people how to play TPS a certain way. Need to break those habits and remember how Max Payne was.
Yeah, definitely. Was also a few times where he'd dive into bullet time, and start mashing on the trigger with one bullet left. All you could hear was the click of his empty gun in slow motion :lol

Noticed that both Housers and Leslie Benzies are credited as Executive Producers on this. Really was all hands on deck here.

Gav47

And thus begins my media blackout until the 30th, good luck with the thread guys :p

Sn4ke_911

God damn, i'm about to double dip ... where are you Diablo 3??

Simo

What if you get the PC version? Are the crews multi-platform or is there a GAF crew for each platform?

Multiplatform. All members should reap the crew benefits and when you play multi with other PC GAFFers who are in the crew you'll all represent NeoGANG.

Glad I'm not the only one considering this. Theoretically Diablo 3 will distract me on the 15th, but there's a mom and pop shop near me notorious for selling games a couple of days early...

I am also sad after watching that stream. I have the collectors edition coming for both on the 15th from amazon. I still might go to get the game at midnight, then just end up giving the game to my brother or something.

Simo

I will say the big things I took away from the stream was how awesome the updated Euphoria animations looked, the graphics and McCaffrey's narration and along with the soundtrack were perfect.

Lots of inner monologues and dry humour and with the soundtrack, you really get the idea of what they meant about the different steams how entering one area begins with a slow percussion and then as more enemies rush in the percussion kicks in to overdrive followed by a little electronic synth as Max moves on. HEALTH seem to have done an amazing job and that's just 5 minutes from a stream.

JambiBum

I will say the big things I took away from the stream was how awesome the updated Euphoria animations looked, the graphics and McCaffrey's narration and along with the soundtrack were perfect.

Lots of inner monologues and dry humour and with the soundtrack, you really get the idea of what they meant about the different steams how entering one area begins with a slow percussion and then as more enemies rush in the percussion kicks in to overdrive followed by a little electronic synth as Max moves on. HEALTH seem to have done an amazing job and that's just 5 minutes from a stream.

He's about to try to play multiplayer in a second. I'll post it when he does. That way there won't be any spoilers!

Fjordson

Definitely.

Also loved how detailed the environments were. Looked like legit real world places, not just a big room with some knee high walls for you to shoot dudes in. If that makes sense.

Top Bottom