• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thinking of going with the PS3 version. All of Rockstars games are pretty identical on both systems right?
the 360 version was often the superior version but the difference in let's say RDR was really nothing to cry about, so you should be fine.

Presentation spoiler (small) concerning the Michael Mann effects...

Jeez those are really annoying.... hope they don't go overboard with it

red731

Sweet OT! How did I miss it..oh, Diablo, that is why.

I'll wait for impressions from console versions and then decide. My laptop would burst in flames playing and installing that.

That first picture in OT was sufficent for me to say "yeah, it is OT" :lol

LOL the guy in the stream is BAD. Keeps dying and picks up weapons Uncharted style (while rolling) Wonder if it's the controls or incompetence.

I think a lot of people are going to play this game like Gears of War, as they are conditioned like that now (someone above me mentioned the same thing). Forum bitching will be glorious :)

willooi

^^^

I know, right? Cover is just going to confuse a lot of new players.

Max has bullet time...use it!

Edit: Oof, copped a nasty one to the face there.

God, i had to stop watching. The dude SUCKS!!! I think he forgot that you can also hit the right button for slo-mo. He just jump dodges right into enemies. AHHH!! This is the same feeling I get standing behind someone playing and sucking at conventions.

^^^

I know, right? Cover is just going to confuse a lot of new players.

Max has bullet time...use it!

Edit: Oof, copped a nasty one to the face there.

Stream is stopped now.

He was standing still too much. He was playing the section from the trailers where Max is covered by his ally with the Sniper. In the trailer max runs and guns. He was just standing still with ADS.

That doesn't work in Max Payne. You don't really need ADS, your aimdot is super accurate, always has been.

Launch trailer tomorrow morning! It'll be up at noon for the East Coast, but at 9 for me, so I can hopefully watch it before class.

Also...

pTRU1-11963549_alternate3_enh-z6.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really hope there isn't too much new stuff in the next trailer. I never watch launch trailers since they're usually lousy with spoilers. Rockstar is probably better about this than other companies, the Uncharted 3 one spoiled all the best parts of the 2nd half, but I'm still going to sit this one out, .gifs of Max shooting random fools being the exception. It's not like I really need anything else to get me more hyped anyway. I've had 9 years to build that up.
KuGsj.gif

Sn4ke_911

any live streams up? i just wanna see how the final build looks like.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
any live streams up? i just wanna see how the final build looks like.

I'm curious too, even though I won't be watching. The only good thing about the game being out and around is that maybe we can get some tech analysis and comparisons between the versions.

Sn4ke_911

I don't know if this was known but ...

555555555555555xugx.png

BRING ON THE CELEBRATION GIFS!

33333333pfc8.gif

2prep9.gif

I don't think this was brought up yet:

G4's Article on Crews said:
"Any Crew created between now until next week Tuesday May 15th will have the honorable distinction of being a FOUNDER CREW. Members of Founder Crews will have a special two-stripe designation on their in-game Crew tag to let everyone else online know of their O.G. veteran status. Rockstar is planning some other special benefits and perks for members of Founders Crews down the line, too."

Sounds cool to me!

Sn4ke_911

without the weapons shit on the front it would be perfect.

My Xbox Live Gold subscription expired today. Looks like I'll be getting Max Payne 3 on the PS3.

I haven't played the previous games in the series, but if Rockstar releases a game, I have I play it!

Hopefully the game is as good as it looks!

Top Bottom